• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

[In//Effect-Mode] said:
Almost race day. Let's decide on a strategy and team name :)

I leave the team name to you. As for Strategy, U turn and hit Crumb right in the face.

Seriously though, who's racing this weekend? Toin coss?

seattle6418 said:
But no one would want to play in such a un even field. If some turbo matches up the Lexus with the GTR´s, why not? Something we might consider...

As for oil changes, there´s no way we can do the league without them. If we don´t, the first time we change the old oil we will get the bump over the HP cap.

I kind of like the PP system, as long as it is like in prologue and you can still set up the car.

In GT4 if you were using + and - system you couldn´t set up the car, which is BS.

Using a G25 here, btw.

Now i´m itching to test some things, seeing that things are really all over the place regarding car performance.
I think we should limit to the BHP to the same value as the car which has the highest stock BHP and allow others to upgrade.

And I just notice the GTR is not only more powerful but actually lighter too.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
I leave the team name to you. As for Strategy, U turn and hit Crumb right in the face.

I think we should limit to the BHP to the same value as the car which has the highest stock BHP and allow others to upgrade.

And I just notice the GTR is not only more powerful but actually lighter too.
That's as good an idea as I can think of, the only concern is the varying HP over mileage. Do you set the limit to the base HP, or the worn in HP?

Dead Man said:
That's as good an idea as I can think of, the only concern is the varying HP over mileage. Do you set the limit to the base HP, or the worn in HP?
Worn is probably best. It's the one that show's up at the dealership as well.

Metalmurphy said:

That wouldn't work though since the only upgrades available to race cars are engine tuning and turbos, all of which add too much horsepower to simple match the Nissans.

I'll go on record as saying I'm not concerned about the disparity between cars. If they bring back PP it will be easy to restrict power and weight. Otherwise we'll have to live with it. If people really want maybe we can allow the standard version SuperGT cars to compete and people can find a more competitive car that way.

Metalmurphy said:

We can go by who got the best online practice lap. I might go with the name Mush gave us, maybe with a twist.

weekend_warrior said:
That wouldn't work though since the only upgrades available to race cars are engine tuning and turbos, all of which add too much horsepower to simple match the Nissans.

I'll go on record as saying I'm not concerned about the disparity between cars. If they bring back PP it will be easy to restrict power and weight. Otherwise we'll have to live with it. If people really want maybe we can allow the standard version SuperGT cars to compete and people can find a more competitive car that way.
For the record, me neither, and I'm apparently in the worst car possible. It's racing after all. Not all cars are the same.

ashk

Metalmurphy said:
For the record, me neither, and I'm apparently in the worst car possible. It's racing after all. Not all cars are the same.

It doesn't bother me either (I'm in a Lexus), but then again I haven't raced yet and I don't expect to be at the sharp end of the grid. But I can certainly see it being a problem if you're fighting for wins and your opponent has an inherently quicker car.

When I am able to consistently run an entire race near my limit and am not satisfied by my results solely based on the cars performance difference, then I will be on board for all of this HP issues. Hopefully the PP system comes back sooner than later and we can resolve all of this easily.

I just don't see how we could effectively handicap the cars without all of us jumping between different models each race.

UFRA

gutterboy44 said:
When I am able to consistently run an entire race near my limit and am not satisfied by my results solely based on the cars performance difference, then I will be on board for all of this HP issues. Hopefully the PP system comes back sooner than later and we can resolve all of this easily.

I just don't see how we could effectively handicap the cars without all of us jumping between different models each race.

Unless we made it a requirement that all GT-R's and Fairlady Z's cannot use Racing Soft tires, and have to use either Medium or Hard.

That would be the only way to consistantly slow down the faster cars right now, since HP varies with the cars' miles, and we can't add/remove weight.

Niks

Another solution would be, to drawing lots of some sort. Leave it to luck to decide which car you can race each round...

Just throwing ideas out there for next season?

It is so frustrating that very simple systems are not implemented in the online, or any mode for that fact, in GT5. Especially systems that existed in previous GT's and most importantly GT5:p

Some blast tweet Kaz. He was just going on about shrubs or something today.

Even as a resident backmarker, I feel no changes should be made to the current season/car roster. We all just have to dealt with what we've been dealt. As far as tire compounds are concerned, not sure.

Small (expensive) favor to ask someone -- does mind buying and testing the Xanavi Nismo GT-R '08? ...all this Nissan superiority talk has got me wondering if my custom tune is worst than the default and how would the GT-R '08 fare in the hands of a better driver?

I found the car to be very, very stiff and understeered on default settings and not nearly as fast as everyone else, tuning only helped a little.

How much horsepower will the GT-Rs make if you don't do the oil change glitch? We could just get the Nissan owners to re-buy the cars and not do the initial oil change if it would make a difference.

I am going to be with my ps3 on Saturday! I know i can't be in the official race, but it would be cool if I could race with you guys prior or after the race. Hopefully someone is down!

UFRA

Hey guys after I eat I'm gonna put up a room for some Grand Valley practice. I'll let you guys know when the room is up. Probably in 1 hr or so.

I just checked all the starting stats for the cars, heres how it breaks down.

All the Nissans start with the same stats (493hp, 376ft/lbs, 1100kg), with 2 exceptions. The Motul Autech GT-R '08 which has 443hp (-50hp), 347ft/lbs (-29ft/lbs), and 1130kg (+30kg). And the Xanavi Nismo Fairlady Z '06, which puts out a brawny 520 torque.

All four of the Lexuses have the same stats. 473hp, 376ft/lbs, and 1100kg.

All four of the Honda NSX's have the same stats 493hp, 433ft/lbs, 1100kg, with one exception. The Epson wieghs in at 1150kg, 50 more then the others.

The Toyota Yellow Hat Supra '05 starts with 473hp, 376ft/lbs, 1090kg. The Castrol Tom's Supra has 477hp, 460ft/lbs, and weighs 1150kg.

So there you go. Make of that what you will. BTW, I'm not sure how accurate these dealerships stats are. I know for a fact that after buying my NSX, and doing the oil change, it showed 489hp, less then the dealership numbers. And right now, with 637 miles, after a fresh oil change, it shows 504hp, 424ft/lbs.

weekend_warrior said:

All the Nissans start with the same stats (493hp, 376ft/lbs, 1100kg), with 2 exceptions. The Motul Autech GT-R '08 which has 443hp (-50hp), 347ft/lbs (-29ft/lbs), and 1130kg (+30kg). And the Xanavi Nismo Fairlady Z '06, which puts out a brawny 520 torque.

All four of the Honda NSX's have the same stats 493hp, 433ft/lbs, 1100kg, with one exception. The Epson wieghs in at 1150kg, 50 more then the others.

The Toyota Yellow Hat Supra '05 starts with 473hp, 376ft/lbs, 1090kg. The Castrol Tom's Supra has 477hp, 460ft/lbs, and weighs 1150kg.

So there you go. Make of that what you will. BTW, I'm not sure how accurate these dealerships stats are. I know for a fact that after buying my NSX, and doing the oil change, it showed 489hp, less then the dealership numbers. And right now, with 637 miles, after a fresh oil change, it shows 504hp, 424ft/lbs.
460BHP for the Epson without the oilchange.

I bought a Yellowhat GT-R, and after 3 laps without doing any tuning I've already bested my NSX time by 2 seconds. This thing is a beast.

edit: a quick tune and now I'm 4 seconds faster. After another 2 laps.

brentech

Wish I could of joined, but just generally don't play long when my wife is home....so I don't bring the wheel out either. I'll probably spend some good time with my car tomorrow, though. Need to get more accustomed to it.

weekend_warrior said:

que?

My car is different than the other GTR´s? I did not expect that... as for the racing restrictions, it wouldn´t work, if we race on mediums, then we wouldn´t stop on the pits and thus save about 30 seconds.

Oil changes also cannot be excluded. At some point you will change the oil and bump the HP beyond the limit. (i change it after each supergt race).

I´m all for it enabling older models... it just helps out a lot.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mush said:
CALLING ALL CARS

JOIN THE LOBBY

Stop yelling. I just ate Jamacian and got home, god. I'm comin' I'm comin' to get time in the car.

TheSeks

If I could adjust to the oversteer, I'd be fine. Well, minus the corners that are kinda blind and taking them in 4th gear. :/

No assists doesn't help, but I can sort of do it. Taking a corner and then the back end slides out is all "OH CRAP" *correct and hit a wall*

Toxa

awesome race with ufra tonight

309552GrandValleySpeedway9.jpg

364202GrandValleySpeedway10.jpg

512104GrandValleySpeedway11.jpg

360741GrandValleySpeedway12.jpg

unfortunately it didn't end well for him :(

brentech

TheSeks said:
If I could adjust to the oversteer, I'd be fine. Well, minus the corners that are kinda blind and taking them in 4th gear. :/

No assists doesn't help, but I can sort of do it. Taking a corner and then the back end slides out is all "OH CRAP" *correct and hit a wall*
Did you get collectors edition for the Apex book? Some really good, but general, info on how to correct issues like understeering/oversteering.

TheSeks

brentech said:
Did you get collectors edition for the Apex book? Some really good, but general, info on how to correct issues like understeering/oversteering.

Nopes. Standard edition only. :/

brentech

TheSeks said:
Nopes. Standard edition only. :/
I'll have to chart them out into a google doc or just scan them. They're really quite helpful I've found. Gives you a general idea of what to change in order to get particular results.

Dead Man

TheSeks said:

I can send you my settings if you want, they are not super fast, but help make the car a bit easier to control.

UFRA

Great practice today.

I'm so pissed that stupid pedal glitch happened to me during that race Toxa. :(

I was excited to see who would come out on top after the back and forth battling, and it was such an awesome clean race too.

Although that glitch happens so infrequently, I fear that it could happen during a real race. Wow would that really upset me. lol

Edit: Wow, watching the replay you can even see my brakes failed lol. You can see the red bar fill up as I'm braking at the normal time for that turn, then suddenly my brakes go to 0 and I go straight off into the wall. :(

TheSeks

Dead Man said:
I can send you my settings if you want, they are not super fast, but help make the car a bit easier to control.

Honestly, I don't mind the oversteer. I'm just panicked by it when in a race, due to having others around me. I can't exactly Tokyo drift around the track like that on a DS3.

That said: I'm also used to driving cars that are able to drive on a dime. Too much kart racing, I guess to where I expect cars to act similar on the DS3. They don't. hah.

I'll have to chart them out into a google doc or just scan them. They're really quite helpful I've found. Gives you a general idea of what to change in order to get particular results.

I'm sure someone's scanned the whole Apex book onto the internet. But I haven't honestly looked for it.

I think Grand Valley's corners just do my head in. Too many quick-back-to-back S's. SSR5 shouldn't be too bad, besides it being dark and the headlights on the premium/cockpit view of cars isn't good enough in high-beam. :/

Toxa

vissione said:
yea UFRA vs Toxa was an amazing race during that practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05CzEvV19qQ&t=40m00s

Man do I suck... lol... I really should try what metal' suggestion of trying the triggers or analog stick for gas/brake cause I can't go around corners for shit.

thank you so much for having saved this race but you've cut our battle. wtf ?

@UFRA

I'm so pissed that stupid pedal glitch happened to me during that race Toxa. :(

it's a pity :(
I was excited to see who would come out on top after the back and forth battling, and it was such an awesome clean race too.

it is impossible to predict what might have happened xD

anyway it shows when you have 2 good driver with great car we can attend a very good race

Toxa

Angst said:
:D
And yeah, I can definitely testify to the Lexus being a bit on the slow side. My Xanavi Nismo has 534 BHP now (no tuning) and you had what? 505 BHP?

I bought your car the Xanavi Nismo Z 06 and I started with 501hp with a new oil I have 526hp ... wtf ?

I tried the car on GVS the car was a bit heavy and oversteer a lot ... I managed to run around 1.45.2

yesterday a random Irish guys came with your car and was able to set a lap time in 1.44.247 easily during the race ... frack

First batch of my pictures from the practice:
(click for 1080p)

A packed start.

Dangerous maneuvers right before the first corner!

And BAM, of course I'm always the victim.

Disaster! Poor Seks also suffered some collateral damage.

Back of the pack but not giving up!

First up: Seks!

Quickly followed by vissione.

New target in sight! (forgot who)

Gone by the second corner!

Seks spectating by the sidelines lol

Focus Metal! Focus!

Podium finish in sight!

Getting closer!

Shit! Too close!

What have I done!

But since I'm a good sport and he is my team mate, I let him pass.

Only to overtake him again a few moments later mwahaha

3rd place!

Nice images, and yes you preformed a lot better than I so you will have the start this week. I'll be waiting on the sidelines in case you need to back out.

UFRA

Toxa said:
it is impossible to predict what might have happened xD

anyway it shows when you have 2 good driver with great car we can attend a very good race

Yeah totally. I think I like the '03 Super GT cars better than the 08's.

The '03 cars I own feel so much more stable and grippy. A tad faster too. The '08 cars just feel so tail happy.

UFRA said:
The '03 cars I own feel so much more stable and grippy. A tad faster too. The '08 cars just feel so tail happy.
So you notice it to? I guess the '08 season had a bunch of additional regulations for multiple manufacturers/racing teams. The '03's and '06's are very nice.

Top Bottom