• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Salacious Crumb

Juicy Bob said:
How many laps will Grand Valley be? Also, anyone on my side of the planet up for practising online tonight? Mush?

I'm up for a practice run later, I haven't raced much at grand valley, and not at all in a Super GT.

Juicy Bob

Change of plan, quote this post for the number.

Up now.

EDIT: Don't know what happened there, let me try and get back in...

Ok, new number up.

...aaaand I'm done.

Toxa

I finaly managed to set a laptime in 1.45 which is pretty difficult with a lexus believe me compare to a GTR

Toxa said:
LMAO thanks a lot gutterboy, great job man !

same

huge network issue here, my race was completely different, there were only 8 cars on the track.
I started the race in third place and I've never seen mush,fas niks ... during the race !

that's why I went through 2 cars lmao

there were only salacious in my rear view mirror

in the replay my car is damaged, in my replay my car looks good

I didn't know that FASJ6418 was behind me before the hairpin.

I was clearly in another space-time :D

I knew something was up. I trust the drivers, but now we know we can´t always trust the connections.

I was getting close to you on the degner and i was going to wait because there are no overtaking spots there, but suddenly you appeared right in front of me and braking, which led me to bump you and i ended up spinning and damaging my car. It was pure lag, i want to see it again, but youtube is blocked at work.

I´ll check back when i get home because i want to see what you saw from your car.

Toxa

seattle6418 said:
I knew something was up. I trust the drivers, but now we know we can´t always trust the connections.

I was getting close to you on the degner and i was going to wait because there are no overtaking spots there, but suddenly you appeared right in front of me and braking, which led me to bump you and i ended up spinning and damaging my car. It was pure lag, i want to see it again, but youtube is blocked at work.

I´ll check back when i get home because i want to see what you saw from your car.

from my POV I take the lead when gutterboy looses control with salacious behind me and ufra third that's it .

a pic from my replay :

282936SuzukaCircuit40.jpg

as you can see my car is undamaged

It's only after running the race that I understand that there were 8 other additional car on the track

in the replay uploaded on youtube you are behind me and for some reason you lose control in the corner

UFRA

Toxa, before the race at Suzuka started, did you see all 16 people in the room in the lobby? Or were there only 8 people showing in the lobby as well?

Toxa

UFRA said:
Toxa, before the race at Suzuka started, did you see all 16 people in the room in the lobby? Or were there only 8 people showing in the lobby as well?

I don't remember ... maybe but after the race yes

Salacious Crumb

Metalmurphy said:
Add someone else that's already on the server. It works that way.

I tried that (I have angst friended), there's no little orange circle next to his lounge icon, so I can't join the game he's in currently, and when I join his lounge it's just me in a lounge all by myself.

Angst

Ok so you can't join someone who's on your friends list that is in a private lobby of someone not on your friends list? Good to know.

Thanks again Toxa for the very helpful tweaks and tips. :D

Angst said:
Ok so you can't join someone who's on your friends list that is in a private lobby of someone not on your friends list? Good to know.

For some reason I was under the impression that I had done that before oO

Toxa

Angst said:

lol, I helped you to gain 1 second per lap, I think I'll regret it during the race xD also you have witnessed racing with a lexus is unfair :(

Angst

Toxa said:
lol, I helped you to gain 1 second per lap, I think I'll regret it during the race xD also you have witnessed racing with a lexus is unfair :(
:D
Still, one second faster feels a lot better.

And yeah, I can definitely testify to the Lexus being a bit on the slow side. My Xanavi Nismo has 534 BHP now (no tuning) and you had what? 505 BHP?

Toxa

Angst said:
:D
Still, one second faster feels a lot better.

And yeah, I can definitely testify to the Lexus being a bit on the slow side. My Xanavi Nismo has 534 BHP now (no tuning) and you had what? 505 BHP?

yeah 505hp with fresh oil :(

Salacious Crumb

No oil changes next season, but the performance disparity between the cars seems to be much greater than the extra 10 or so horses people may get out of the GT-R.

tox's time improved by I think over a second just by moving from the Lexus to the GT-R, that's a pretty significant difference. When I get home tonight I'll buy a Lexus and NSX and see how my times compare to the GT-R.

UFRA

Mush said:
So what happens if I set the HP limit to 500? Do cars over get disallowed? Or do they just get put down to 500HP?

They cannot participate if they do not meet the requirements.

My GT-R peaked at 518HP and is done breaking in.

Edit: and it started at 502HP with the initial oil change.

Toxa

Mush said:
Next season I'm definitely having HP restrictions. 500HP and under.

yeah so unfair, but in every racing championship there is always slower cars

but I do not see how you can maintain the car at 500 hp.

for the next season you can also give the slower cars to the best driver and give the faster cars to the other drivers

the only thing which can balance the race right now is the full damage which can ruin the race for the faster drivers.

@Salacious Crumb there's at least a gap around 1 second between the gtr and the lexus :D at best you can run around 1.45.600 with a perfect lap.

but I like the lexus it's interesting to fight with a slower car all your talent can make the difference

Toxa

Angst said:

btw I loved the third race it was really tight ,it's a shame what happened in the first corner of the last lap

@Mush you can also allow the standar cars for the next season

Dibbz

Its not possible to keep your cars at a certain bhp though. My 350z started at 508 and got to 534 just by racing and changing the oil (not oil glitch) when the oil was brown.

I'm doing 1.48s with the NSX @ 480BHP :/

Dibbz said:
Its not possible to keep your cars at a certain bhp though. My 350z started at 508 and got to 534 just by racing and changing the oil (not oil glitch) when the oil was brown.
Perfect solution is the Quick Tune from GT5P. Kaz said they were gonna bring it back. I just hope it's soon.

Top Bottom