• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

brentech

I now have all but 3 of the premium Super GT cars.
Missing the '06 Xanavi and 2 Lexus models.

I also have like 5-6 standard models. Maybe more, but some might be some sort of concept as they don't quite match up.

I should be able to attend on saturday. (edit: plan to do some some practice/testing today)

I'll try to be there on Thursday, added GAFsuperGT just now.

I have one little question though, what are the exact car/tuning/weight/power/etc restrictions? My main ride (Epson '08) is a little tuned, should I buy a new car and leave it stock? Oh and I guess the track will be a surprise?

Sorry if I have too many questions, but the thread is too long and I couldn't find any info.

Angst

brentech said:
I now have all but 3 of the premium Super GT cars.
Missing the '06 Xanavi and 2 Lexus models.

I also have like 5-6 standard models. Maybe more, but some might be some sort of concept as they don't quite match up.

I should be able to attend on saturday. (edit: plan to do some some practice/testing today)
Wow!

If you could dupe the cars and send them on to me for testing I would be most grateful!

If you send them to me I can dupe them as well and send them on to Mush and Ufra.

Risk Breaker said:
I'll try to be there on Thursday, added GAFsuperGT just now.

I have one little question though, what are the exact car/tuning/weight/power/etc restrictions? My main ride (Epson '08) is a little tuned, should I buy a new car and leave it stock? Oh and I guess the track will be a surprise?

Sorry if I have too many questions, but the thread is too long and I couldn't find any info.
All cars will have to be as they where bought. Only thing you are allowed is adding Soft Racing Tyres. Check out the Rules and Regulations

As for the track, we'll announce something here before the practice. But it's just a un-official session so we might do a vote in the lounge.

brentech

I've probably bought half the cars legit on my main account.

Right now I use I secondary account to purchase and send to my main account. Then backup the secondary. So kind of just duping the money on that account I'd guess you could say.

That said, already used my one send today.

brentech

Something I wrote on my season 2 form and just want to state again to all: it was decided early in the thread to allow the oil change "glitch", but the rules don't state it should be done.
I also think that things like chassis reenforcement need to be allowed since it can't be regulated.
Pretty much anything that can't be regulated should be allowed in order to maximize equality.

Currently I think there are to many areas that allow a little tampering that should be closed up. I'd like to think everyone is honest, but have my doubts that at least someone didn't install chassis reenforcement.
Should probably make a strict power/weight/PP limits.
Some cars will still be stronger and that's fine, but just allowing minor tweaks with no way to supervise is little disheartening.

brentech

Toxa said:
the oil change glitch ? what is it ?
Changing oil at 0 miles bumps the starting HP up, so with engine break in, you're even higher.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24796197&postcount=86
edit: by and large, I should clarify that the oil change actually closes the gap on the difference of many of the cars. If they literally were at the HP that they're listed in the dealership, the gap would be much larger. With the oil change, cars actually sort of fall in a general range that is quite respectable.

But a difference, none the less.

Angst said:
Wow!

If you could dupe the cars and send them on to me for testing I would be most grateful!

If you send them to me I can dupe them as well and send them on to Mush and Ufra.

All cars will have to be as they where bought. Only thing you are allowed is adding Soft Racing Tyres. Check out the Rules and Regulations

As for the track, we'll announce something here before the practice. But it's just a un-official session so we might do a vote in the lounge.

How do you dupe the cars?

I have all SuperGT cars, all JGTC cars GT300 and GT500 minus the Xanavi Hiroto ´01.

If "duping" is easy i guess i can help out. I´m at 1011 cars now :)

Angst

seattle6418 said:
How do you dupe the cars?

I have all SuperGT cars, all JGTC cars GT300 and GT500 minus the Xanavi Hiroto ´01.

If "duping" is easy i guess i can help out. I´m at 1011 cars now :)
That would be very helpful :)

Duping:

1. Backup your savegame.
2. Gift the car.
3. Restore backup.
4. ??
5. Win.

By restoring the backup you get back your car and the guy you gifted it to get's it as well.

Only works for one car per day and only cars below 1 million.

Angst said:
That would be very helpful :)

Duping:

1. Backup your savegame.
2. Gift the car.
3. Restore backup.
4. ??
5. Win.

By restoring the backup you get back your car and the guy you gifted it to get's it as well.

Only works for one car per day and only cars below 1 million.

Good, that should be helpful for the rare ones. It took me months to find one of my personal favorites, the Denso Sard Supra ´00 in the UCD.

I want to be involved somehow on the testing, i did that back with GT4, but the time you guys usually play is too early. We need a second practice session for America-South America GAF later on.

Are we free to use the SuperGT lounge whenever we feel like setting up a race?

seattle6418 said:
Good, that should be helpful for the rare ones. It took me months to find one of my personal favorites, the Denso Sard Supra ´00 in the UCD.

I want to be involved somehow on the testing, i did that back with GT4, but the time you guys usually play is too early. We need a second practice session for America-South America GAF later on.

Are we free to use the SuperGT lounge whenever we feel like setting up a race?

I thought you were from Seattle.

Mush

(Un-official) Off-season Test #2 - Thursday, March 17 @ 21.00GMT in the Super GT Lounge.

Who can race?

Anyone!

Attendee list

Angst
Toxa
Risk Breaker
Kaze13
ashk
Broseybrose

Official Off-season Session #1 - Saturday, March 19 @ 23.00GMT in the Super GT Lounge.

Who can race?

This test is strictly for Season 2 Regulation/Rule testing and as such, will be restricted to entrants from Season 1 of the League. If you are looking to continue with the League and would like to help better it, this is for you.

Attendee list

brentech
Angst
Niks
seattle6418
UFRA
Juicy Bob

If you haven't already, add GAFsuperGT to your PSN friends list. Once you have been accepted, go to the Community tab in GT5 and scroll down to GAFsuperGT and select the Lounge coffee cup icon.

Angst

seattle6418 said:
Yep, saturday tiem is good. I´m in.

Since it´s testing, i´m guessing voice chat is on?
Voice chat has been set to off in the SuperGT lounge. (Have you added the SuperGT account btw?)

We accidentally had voice chat on during another session and the big problem is that people with the PS Eye tend to leave it on at all times. And 12-16 people talking at the same time isn't that awesome either... I think we will continue with voice chat off during practices.

Keep an eye on this thread later today as we have something cool planned
we think it's cool at least :p

I'll log in with the GAFSuperGT account today and accept any outstanding friend requests.

Mush

Right all, I have a little surprise for everyone. Over at the Super GT Command Center (location classified), we have been working on reports for all Season 1 entries. For now, we just have the individual team reviews, but keep in mind that there is still more to come.

Stay tuned!

LINKAGE

Angst

Mush said:
Right all, I have a little surprise for everyone. Over at the Super GT Command Center (location classified), we have been working on reports for all Season 1 entries. For now, we just have the individual team reviews, but keep in mind that there is still more to come.

Stay tuned!

LINKAGE
secret_nuclear_bunker-thumb.jpg

Dead Man

Mush said:

Stay tuned!

LINKAGE
[(Un)Dead Seks]

Dead Man and The Seks got off to a rough start, missing out on the opening race of the season at Suzuka. Despite this, (Un)Dead Seks managed to start their respectable come-back for the remainder of the season. Finishing in the middle area of the grid, Dead Man started the team off on a good track at Laguna Seca and Grand Valley Speedway.

The Seks then took over for the next three rounds, putting his skills to the test in the powerful Calsonic GT-R. Although he wasn’t thrilled with his performance, it’s unanimously agreed amongst the league officials that The Seks made a worthy effort and never gave up throughout the entire season. Without a single rage-quit on his record, The Seks finished ahead of six others in the final standings for the championship. Although he has announced the end of his career after Season 1, The Seks will leave with the respect of the others for giving it his best efforts and never giving up.

Dead Man finished the remaining races of the season with his high point being a fourth place finish at Monza. The final round at Nürburgring proved to be a test of endurance and emotions, but it paid off as Dead Man earned the Spirit of Translator-san award - a first for (Un)Dead Seks. A true show of persistence and the will to keep going, the team managed to tie for ninth place in the championship overall.
Awesome write up, thanks. So keen for season 2 now. Don't know if I will be able to make the test sessions but I will try.

Edit: I am also working on developing some tangible rewards to be given by me. I will confer with our glorious leaders before announcing them.

brentech

[Mad Hatters]

Blu had a rough time in his first three races and the race administrators haven’t heard from him in a while. Hopefully all is well with him. At the first race at Suzuka he tested PD’s damage model quite extensively and his car looked like it had gone through a meat grinder when the race was over. He didn’t quit though and his persistence was awarded with the coveted Spirit of Translator-San trophy.

His next two races at Laguna Seca and Grand Valley Speedway where also a test of poor blu’s patience. He persisted and didn’t quit early, but after race 3 he seemed pretty much to have given up on the league. He’s still welcome to join us in practice sessions and maybe he can make a glorious return for Season 2?
As for Blu, he's an honest homebrewer. So while it stinks, he had to take his PS3 offline and therefore can't play GT5 with us anymore (without complaint). That's the last update I've seen from him, but he also said that in this thread somewhere.

As for the 'Ring....I fully thought the parade lap went well minus a self inflicted wound? All these summaries seem to state wrecks of catastrophic failure in regards to the parade, but I thought pretty much every happened once we passed the race start.

Anyways, I still have a bitter taste in my mouth in regards to what happened to many of us in that first lap. My poor car was turned into a mustard samich.

brentech

Finally finished acquiring all the premium supergt cars. Also have 5 of the standard models. Everything equipped with racing sorts, of course.

Angst

brentech said:
As for Blu, he's an honest homebrewer. So while it stinks, he had to take his PS3 offline and therefore can't play GT5 with us anymore (without complaint). That's the last update I've seen from him, but he also said that in this thread somewhere.

As for the 'Ring....I fully thought the parade lap went well minus a self inflicted wound? All these summaries seem to state wrecks of catastrophic failure in regards to the parade, but I thought pretty much every happened once we passed the race start.

Anyways, I still have a bitter taste in my mouth in regards to what happened to many of us in that first lap. My poor car was turned into a mustard samich.
As far as I could tell there was one self inflicted wound that did pretty bad collateral damage to toxa and Dibbz.
brentech said:
Finally finished acquiring all the premium supergt cars. Also have 5 of the standard models. Everything equipped with racing sorts, of course.
If you could dupe them and send them on to me I would be very grateful. Especially the standard cars. My wallet is pretty empty right now and we need to start testing the standard cars. I'll re-dupe them and forward them to mush and UFRA as well.

Mush

I already have all the Premium Super GT cars, just need the Standards.

Perhaps we should start compiling a list of who has what?

I think I'll participate tomorrow with a Xanavi Nismo GT-R. I already have 2 (Premium EPSON and the standard Mobile 1) NSX and the Xanavi Nismo Z, and another standard NSX is tempting me in the UCD so I thought I would buy something that isn't an NSX.

I'll check what other standard NSX is on my UCD right now just in case some of you guys want it duped.

False edit: It's the Castrol MUGEN NSX '00, I'm buying it.

Real edit: just remembered that I didn't like the handling of the Nismo Z and that I reloaded my save after buying it. Not so sure what car to use tomorrow, now.

Would it be OK if I use the MUGEN NSX '00 with changed oil? It has 593 PP with maximum downforce, 583 or so with the default values. 503BHP and 1150kg. If it's not okay I will simply buy a new GT-R or Z, as I assume the Lexus are no match for the other GT500, am I correct?

brentech

I wouldn't go that far. Their stats don't line right up with the majority, but the Toyotas are essentially the same. All in all, they just don't get off the line as quick, but they make up for it in handling in most cases.
By and large, I don't think the discrepancy between the premium models is that large.

Mush

The Super GT League would like to set up a database for future reference of who has what Standard Super GT/JGTC cars. If you'd be so kind to post ITT your collection and we'll go from there. :)

Dead Man

Standard JGTC cars:
Honda Mobil1 NSX '01
Honda Castrol Mugen NSX '00
Honda Loctite Mugen NSX '01
Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00
Nissan Calsonic GT-R '93

Standard Prototype and LM cars:
Nissan GT-R Concept LM
Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM
Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Car
Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car

brentech

StandardSuper GT/JGTC cars:
Honda Takata Dome NSX '03
Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R '03
(2) Honda Loctite Mugen NSX '01
Nissan Motul Pitwork Z '04

Well after capturing round 1-7 of the 1st season, and editing it to almost finish. I lose my external hardrive last week with all my work saved on including my capture files.
A few days ago I finally decided to re-capture the footage only to realise that I forgot to capture it with sound about halfway through.

I decided to forget recording the sound and just made a short compilation of each race and put them all together. Finished round 1-4 and uploading right now.
This should have been finished a long time ago but it takes a long time to go through each race and edit it down to about a couple of minutes.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVPC2uk3d6w

Cars i own:

GT300 -
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03
Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01
RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) '04
Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA (JGTC) '03
Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03

GT500 -
Honda ARTA NSX (JGTC) '00
Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00
Honda LOCTITE MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '01
Honda Mobil 1 NSX (JGTC) '01
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03
Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC) '00
Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE (JGTC) '00
Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE GT-R Race Car '93
Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) '00
Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z (JGTC) '04
Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99
Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) '01
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) '03
Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) '01
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '00
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '01
Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00
Toyota WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '03

All premiuns, and all LM versions that can be used if Mush decides (RX-7 and RX-8 come to mind).

As noted, only missing car is the Xanavi Hiroto GT-R ´01

I'm in the GAFsuperGT lounge right now trying out the different cars in case anyone wants to get in there and practice for tonight's race.

Cars I own:

Standard JGTC cars:
Honda Mobil1 NSX '01
Honda Castrol Mugen NSX '00
Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00

Standard Prototype and LM cars:
Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car
Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car

Some of you have a looot of cars, lol. How did you get so much money? I've just bought 3 GT500 and 2 standard cars and just to try them out and reload my save, don't have a lot of credits.

Risk Breaker said:
How did you get so much money?

First it was just a matter of repeating the indy 5 lap race at american championship endlessly. It was paying 117k at the time.

Dream Car b-spec was also a good alternative, race the first four, skip Nurb, get bonus, it would pay 1 million in one hour.

I used both methods to cycle through the used lot and get my car collection. Went from 100 or so cars to 920-930.

Then came the SSR7 glitch and things became much, much easier and faster. Bought the expensive ones i could with the glitch, and now i´m "working" on the Nurb glitch to get the cars i´m missing.

36 cars still to buy, but 130 million in value. Both chaparrals, F1 cars, Lambo Miura and a shitload of Group C cars missing.

If the used lot cooperates with me and the glitch stays unpacthed i´ll prabably get enough money by next week. I got 13 million last night in two and a half hours. At this rate, 10 days before every car is owned and i can just enjoy the game properly.

seattle6418 said:
Then came the SSR7 glitch and things became much, much easier and faster. Bought the expensive ones i could with the glitch, and now i´m "working" on the Nurb glitch to get the cars i´m missing.

Thanks for the explanation... I missed out on the SSR7 glitch and I didn't even have an X1 until today. I joined a random glitching room yesterday and they weren't having much luck, is it better now? I might try it. (Nevermind, just saw your post on the OT.)

Fortunately I managed to trade two standards for a F10 before the 1M credit cap, so I don't really need the money as I have at least a car of each type (only a 905 for le mans though).

Top Bottom