• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Angst

seattle6418 said:
Cars i own:
Insane list of cars

All premiuns, and all LM versions that can be used if Mush decides (RX-7 and RX-8 come to mind).

As noted, only missing car is the Xanavi Hiroto GT-R ´01
Congrats on the awesome list of cars.

We will most likely not allow the LM cars though. Prototypes should be out as well. There's already lots of cars to test and we want to keep it a Super GT / JGTC league.

Dead Man

Trying to join, won't let me join the server. I'll try again in a few minutes, but maybe my day of unemployment has been wasted!!@

Mush

SunhiLegend said:
Well after capturing round 1-7 of the 1st season, and editing it to almost finish. I lose my external hardrive last week with all my work saved on including my capture files.
A few days ago I finally decided to re-capture the footage only to realise that I forgot to capture it with sound about halfway through.

I decided to forget recording the sound and just made a short compilation of each race and put them all together. Finished round 1-4 and uploading right now.
This should have been finished a long time ago but it takes a long time to go through each race and edit it down to about a couple of minutes.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVPC2uk3d6w
:bow :bow

GUYS. THIS.

AWESUM.

Niks

SunhiLegend said:
Well after capturing round 1-7 of the 1st season, and editing it to almost finish. I lose my external hardrive last week with all my work saved on including my capture files.
A few days ago I finally decided to re-capture the footage only to realise that I forgot to capture it with sound about halfway through.

I decided to forget recording the sound and just made a short compilation of each race and put them all together. Finished round 1-4 and uploading right now.
This should have been finished a long time ago but it takes a long time to go through each race and edit it down to about a couple of minutes.

Wow.
That was awesome.

Kaze13

In light of todays unfortunate connection issues, is there a router that can throttle connection speed by way of IP address in a network?

Angst

SunhiLegend said:

That was awesome!

Kaze13 said:
In light of todays unfortunate connection issues, is there a router that can throttle connection speed by way of IP address in a network?
Several people are using the same connection? That explains a lot... lol

Kaze13

OatmealMu said:
Look for a router that supports Tomato. I use a Linksys WRT54GL myself. You'll be using what's called Quality of Service. Check out this guide to see what you can do:

http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60304

Cool beans. I just read up QoS stuff just now but I have a bigger problem. This is what I have to deal with:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QSSRBK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Watch the video or read the first review and feel my pain. Thanks for the tip

Angst said:
That was awesome!

Several people are using the same connection? That explains a lot... lol

The speed is probably explained by that but my d/c's are explained by the POS that is WRK54G...I want to Office Space that fucking thing.

OatmealMu

Kaze13 said:
Cool beans. I just read up QoS stuff just now but I have a bigger problem. This is what I have to deal with:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QSSRBK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Watch the video or read the first review and feel my pain. Thanks for the tip

Yikes. Sounds like it's a piece of crap. If you can front the cash, a WRT54GL is around $80 (even though it should be much cheaper by now). Dealing with a junk router is never fun.

Edit: Scratch that. It's $50 at Newegg.

Dibbz

SunhiLegend said:

Awesome stuff. I've always wanted to do a nice little round up video for this season. I've just recently set up a little rig to record from my TV with my camera without me having to hold it but I'm doing some KZ3 stuff at the moment. :D

Sorry I couldn't be there at testing today. Hopefully on Saturday I should have some time set aside for you guys.

Also some of you guys have sooo many cars. lol only JGTC car I got is my Xanavi Fairlady :D

Toxa

fastest lap tonight at GVS : 1.43.960 by

1997_TOMs_Supra1.jpg

GT1 Nostalgia FTW !

Polyphony

My broken DFGT has been shipped to Logitech for replacement. I hope the replacement can make it in time (7 business days after the 24th) for season 2!

Angst

Preparations for next season has begun and I want to share some preliminary findings:

* Rigidity improvement will be allowed
* There will be a mandatory pit stop
* Car list is something we're working on, but our initial thoughts are that it will be limited to Super GT and JGTC cars. No Le Mans prototypes, no concept cars, no DTM cars, no Race Modified cars. There will most likely be cars that are Super GT cars and JGTC cars that will not be allowed, but we will get back to you on this. JGTC cars are currently under evaluation and the final decision regarding their inclusion has yet to be made.

* Official test session on Saturday will be held at Suzuka and is open to racers from the first season only.

Please note that the points above are preliminary and are subject to change. :p

I personally think Rigidity Improvement and mandatory pitstops are good changes, even if I didn't take part in Season 1.

I'm rewatching my last race from yesterday and taking some pics now! Mostly toxa and me.

Angst

Toxa said:
no it's real this car took part in several JGTC season
Ok, didn't know that.

I googled the Nomad Diablo and it looked like a fantasy car, but you guys have proved me wrong.

It has a ridiculous amount of BHP though, so I would advice against getting your hopes up for using it next season.

Mandatory pitstops? Were people going whole races without stopping last season? I didn't think tires lasted long enough for that to be the case.

Angst

MikeDub said:
Mandatory pitstops? Were people going whole races without stopping last season? I didn't think tires lasted long enough for that to be the case.
AFAIK we only did it in one race - Monza. The long straights and few corners meant we could do 18-20 laps without tyre changes.

Dead Man

Being that JGTC and Super GT were built around a fixed HP (in theory) it may be possible to use the HP limiter to give good parity while still having a large field. Don't write it off due to its base stats. And it was one ornery piece of shite to drive when I ran it in the test, too.

Angst

Dead Man said:
Being that JGTC and Super GT were built around a fixed HP (in theory) it may be possible to use the HP limiter to give good parity while still having a large field. Don't write it off due to its base stats. And it was one ornery piece of shite to drive when I ran it in the test, too.
lol. I don't think anyone wants to use it if it's a piece of shite :p

Toxa

Risk Breaker said:
I personally think Rigidity Improvement and mandatory pitstops are good changes, even if I didn't take part in Season 1.

I'm rewatching my last race from yesterday and taking some pics now! Mostly toxa and me.

lol it was you :

799929GrandValleySpeedway52.jpg

711838GrandValleySpeedway51.jpg

643342GrandValleySpeedway50.jpg

715586GrandValleySpeedway49.jpg

LMAO it was close

Mush

Query for the Lexus drivers of Season 1; what are your feelings atm? Do you want to switch cars? Do you feel they're in need of a little performance boost? On Saturday I'm thinking we could try out some upgrades, namely adding Stage 2 Turbo parts to them and seeing how they compare to the stock NSX's and GT-R's.

Toxa

Mush said:
Query for the Lexus drivers of Season 1; what are your feelings atm? Do you want to switch cars? Do you feel they're in need of a little performance boost? On Saturday I'm thinking we could try out some upgrades, namely adding Stage 2 Turbo parts to them and seeing how they compare to the stock NSX's and GT-R's.

LMAO xD

well my fellings atm are ... the ring was my last race with a Lexus :p I joined the league late and I didn't had the opportunity to chose my car.

Round, nab and myself was bridled by this car during almost the entire season and it was impossible to challenge seattle with a lexus .

this season was unfair but I had a lot fun, I enjoyed the entire season and thank you so much for the league :)

Now for this season I really want to drive my own car, I spent a lot of time to tune the supra I don't think I can do much better with a lexus (with stage 3).

with a new car the next season it should more interesting ;)

I've already tried some upgrades on the lexus and stage 2 is not enough, with stage 3 the gap is reduced but the car understeer and it's not comfortable.

you can allow stage 3 for lexus but the GTR or NSX will be more confortable to drive

Mush said:

I am quite content to continue to run the Lexus, even more so if it get's upgrades, I have grown attached to the thing lol. However, assuming nab will have me for next season, I will be more than happy to default to whatever he feels he can be most competitive in.

Dead Man

Toxa said:
LMAO xD

well my fellings atm are ... the ring was my last race with a Lexus :p I joined the league late and I didn't had the opportunity to chose my car.

Round, nab and myself was bridled by this car during almost the entire season and it was impossible to challenge seattle with a lexus .

this season was unfair but I had a lot fun, I enjoyed the entire season and thank you so much for the league :)

Now for this season I really want to drive my own car, I spent a lot of time to tune the supra I don't think I can do much better with a lexus (with stage 3).

with a new car the next season it should more interesting ;)

I've already tried some upgrades on the lexus and stage 2 is not enough, with stage 3 the gap is reduced but the car understeer and it's not comfortable.

you can allow stage 3 for lexus but the GTR or NSX will be more confortable to drive
I might work out some suspension tunes, see if we can't get this bitch balanced.

Angst

Toxa said:
My issue with the Supra is that it seems to be an on-rails car... :p I tried it yesterday and it was super-easy to control compared to my Xanavi that everybody thinks is too fast.

But I can understand you wanting to change cars though.

Toxa

Dead Man said:
I might work out some suspension tunes, see if we can't get this bitch balanced.

maybe but I don't think it will change drastically the behavior of the car, IMO the others cars will be again faster/Better but much less than before.

Angst said:
My issue with the Supra is that it seems to be an on-rails car... :p I tried it yesterday and it was super-easy to control compared to my Xanavi that everybody thinks is too fast.

But I can understand you wanting to change cars though.

I like the supra good handling and fast enough to compete with the GTR and NSX.

The Xanavi Z is a good car very fast but too much HP = understeer

brentech

Yeah, my biggest issue with my car for season 1 was that it was slow coming out of corners and off the line. Even with that, somehow slight bumps made it twitchy, but no where near as bad as the Woodone GT-R.

From what I've driven, I like the stability of both Xanavi GT-R and their Z. They both seem to be more stable for me personally. The Castrol TOM's is also nice and stable. I think there are a few others I would consider..

I'd have to go through each, but wasn't enjoying the few Honda's that I drove. They seemed skitish, though some more than others. They definitely have the juice though. I'm willing to trade off for something I can trust though.

I don't figure to win races, but baring my race isn't ended at the hands of another, I think I'm safe enough to finish in the middle at least. I don't drop the fastest laps and I'm fine with that as long as I get a fair chance to compete.

I´ll elaborate more on that tonight, but i did a lot of testing for JGTC championships back in the GT4 days.

Now we have a PP system, and that helps a lot.

If we set the value at... let´s say, 615, then you can tune to your liking as long as it has that value.

Of course there are some variables, but that´s why we´re testing.

If the Lexus do get an extra boost i might consider driving one, because i know for a fact the difference in performance is not as big as it was made out to be in season one. (meaning if only the Lexus get a free tuning part, then it would became faster).

In fact, i think the Epson NSX is the worst car on the field, edging out the ´06 Lexus.

I do have a lot of interest in balancing out the cars and testing, so count me in to do that.

Niks

I gotta say the woodone GTR was a bitch to drive, Im sure UFRA agrees. Even with massive setup changes that alleviated the handling, you had to be careful.

Toxa said:
lol it was you :

711838GrandValleySpeedway51.jpg

LMAO it was close

Yeah lol, I'm glad I didn't hit you because I slammed on the brakes as soon as I realized I was going to touch the grass, trying to control the spin. Luckily I managed not to hit anything.

I took some pictures from our last errr epic battle lol, might post them when I upload them, if it doesn't bother you.

About the cars... I think the lexus is alright with a little more power, I personally find its handling pretty good. Same with the GT-R and the Supras which I think are almost perfect matches. The Z might be a little bit overpowered, but I don't think it's a big issue. The NSX are perfectly competitive in theory, but the reality is that it's generally a lot easier to make a mistake when driving one. Maybe they should get a little boost in order to compensate for that, or maybe not.

ashk

My current position on the Lexus is that I would rather drive a GT-R or a NSX. It's hard to judge power since the difference isn't all that great, but IMO both the GT-R and NSX handle better. I haven't tried upgrading the Lexus so I don't know how much of a improvement it would make overall, but I don't mind giving it a try.

Personally I prefer the GT-R, my only experience of the NSX was for two races yesterday and I think it needs a bit more getting used to than the GT-R.

Niks

for what it's worth, I drove the EPSON NSX at the season opener at Suzuka, and came in third. Very easy to handle compared to the Woodone GTR.

ashk

Risk Breaker said:
Yeah lol, I'm glad I didn't hit you because I slammed on the brakes as soon as I realized I was going to touch the grass, trying to control the spin. Luckily I managed not to hit anything.

I took some pictures from our last errr epic battle lol, might post them when I upload them, if it doesn't bother you.

About the cars... I think the lexus is alright with a little more power, I personally find its handling pretty good. Same with the GT-R and the Supras which I think are almost perfect matches. The Z might be a little bit overpowered, but I don't think it's a big issue. The NSX are perfectly competitive in theory, but the reality is that it's generally a lot easier to make a mistake when driving one. Maybe they should get a little boost in order to compensate for that, or maybe not.

You're EdgeyPoo, right? You need to stop bumping into the car in front of you through corners :p It isn't much of a problem during practices, but it might end badly during an "official" race. And you didn't take me out or anything, but I had to correct my line every time and it's annoying :p

Niks said:
for what it's worth, I drove the EPSON NSX at the season opener at Suzuka, and came in third. Very easy to handle compared to the Woodone GTR.

I was going to comment on that. Unlike what happens with the street models, the SuperGT NSX´s are more stable than the Nissans.

They are also not plagued by the understeer syndrome that all JGTC/SuperGT Nissans have.

That understeery behavior is what make those Nissans shred front tires, and it helps cause a lot of spins, because you end up trying to steer too much to compensate, and when the grip breaks, you´re gone.

Another reminder: please consider tire wear when talking about balancing the cars. Anyone that has driven a Nissan model knows this is a big issue, specially after 6-7 laps on the tires.

ashk said:
You're EdgeyPoo, right? You need to stop bumping into the car in front of you through corners :p It isn't much of a problem during practices, but it might end badly during an "official" race. And you didn't take me out or anything, but I had to correct my line and it's annoying :p

Yeah, that's me. I'm really sorry for that, I veeery slightly bumped into toxa a couple of times too. I usually try to be very careful and when I'm too close to someone (especially at high speeds/end of straights) I break early to avoid any kind of contact, but I got a little bit too happy yesterday, mostly on the slower corners, and the car understeered. So again, sorry for that, I can assure everyone that it would never happen in an official race, unless I lose control of the car somehow, of course.

I hope I don't cause much confusion with my PSN ID being different from my account here, btw.

@seattle:

YES! That's the first thing I noticed yesterday, the GT-R really destroys the front tyres and it gets very understeery in the 5th lap if you push hard. But I don't find the NSX more stable at all, I have a lot of problems with the EPSON and Raybrig, they snap into oversteer whenever I steer a little too much.

Mush

Another thing I'm (we're?) considering is using a control tyre/tire compound. Maybe even going F1 style and having to use Hard on one stint and Soft on the other. But I don't think this is very appealing, is it?

ashk

Risk Breaker said:
Yeah, that's me. I'm really sorry for that, I veeery slightly bumped into toxa a couple of times too. I usually try to be very careful and when I'm too close to someone (especially at high speeds/end of straights) I break early to avoid any kind of contact, but I got a little bit too happy yesterday, mostly on the slower corners, and the car understeered. So again, sorry for that, I can assure everyone that it would never happen in an official race, unless I lose control of the car somehow, of course.

I hope I don't cause much confusion with my PSN ID being different from my account here, btw.

It's OK, I'm glad you're being careful :) I didn't mean to bitch about it, I just wanted to let you know that it's annoying (even though nothing bad happened) :p

The PSN ID thing is fine, most people have different names.

Angst

Risk Breaker said:

@seattle:

YES! That's the first thing I noticed yesterday, the GT-R really destroys the front tyres and it gets very understeery in the 5th lap if you push hard. But I don't find the NSX more stable at all, I have a lot of problems with the EPSON and Raybrig, they snap into oversteer whenever I steer a little too much.
Just make sure you set your map zoom to 4 so you're able to see the other cars on the track.

Mush said:
Another thing I'm (we're?) considering is using a control tyre/tire compound. Maybe even going F1 style and having to use Hard on one stint and Soft on the other. But I don't think this is very appealing, is it?
1. We'd have to look at the replay to make sure everybody followed the rules. No big issue though.
2. What would it accomplish? Doesn't the lower grip levels just increase the risk of crashes?

Mush said:

I don´t think it is because it kills strategy.

If the races are a bit longer, i think for the first time we could have a bit of strategy on it.

Two stops?
One stop?
No stop?

If the pits are mandatory it also cancels the strategy part of the race, so i´m sure it´s another thing (we´re?) going to have to discuss and think.

Niks

Angst said:
2. What would it accomplish? Doesn't the lower grip levels just increase the risk of crashes?

Yeah, thats the only thing hard compounds accomplish as of right now. When Kaz fixes this and they actually last longer then it could be discussed.

Toxa

Risk Breaker said:

no prob

Mush said:

I'm not interested :p mandatory pit stop or longer race is enough

Top Bottom