• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

brentech

Team - Will need a new one, teammate is gone.

Car Choice - edit: Nissan Calsonic GT-R '08

(basically, cars I've driven and know handle well. There are probably others that I'd be okay with. I'm going with control stability over power as my key sticking point)

Dibbz

Angst said:
You're abandoning the team? >.<
Well I'd like to drive a different car. You can come along to the NSX if you want (if the current guys don't want it that is) but hey it might be fun to race against you as well :D

Angst

Dibbz said:
Well I'd like to drive a different car. You can come along to the NSX if you want (if the current guys don't want it that is) but hey it might be fun to race against you as well :D
You have a good point there, it might be a good idea to shake up the teams and make things interesting :)

brentech said:
Team - Will need a new one, teammate is gone.

I have a friend who is getting a wheel that will be looking for a partner this upcoming season.

BTW, speaking of friends, what´s the deal with creating new accounts here? After Chimilosky´s latest lame excuse that he still can´t post, i decided to create a new account for him to use, but i can´t create...

Anyone knows what´s up with this?

brentech

Created accounts take forever to get post access. GAF hand authorizes every account. And not on a normal basis. They do it in huge ass batches apparently.
From account create to time that I got post access was like 2 months.

All I can say is that it took me three attempts to get an account (since 2009) and that it took 4 months to get this account validated... so good luck. I had lost all hope :p

False edit: beaten

I'll say that I'm updating MGO and it's taking its sweet long ass time, I may not make it to tonight's practice if it doesn't get faster.

ashk

That was some great racing today with everybody involved. I should stop using the GT-R in practices though, I like it so much that I'll probably end up disappointed if I don't manage to get one for next season :p

Sorry for the shitty and kinda dangerous racing, I have a terrible backache and it showed.

By the way, I'm gonna be clear: can I take part in season 2? I don't care much about the car I'll use (I'm getting used to the Xanavi GT-R '08 though) or if my team mate is fast or slow :p I don't know if there are any free slots for me or not.

brentech

ashk said:
That was some great racing today with everybody involved. I should stop using the GT-R in practices though, I like it so much that I'll probably end up disappointed if I don't manage to get one for next season :p
Yeah, I'm starting to have that concern as well, lol.
Great racing today.

Risk Breaker said:
By the way, I'm gonna be clear: can I take part in season 2? I don't care much about the car I'll use (I'm getting used to the Xanavi GT-R '08 though) or if my team mate is fast or slow :p I don't know if there are any free slots for me or not.
Oh, and while I don't have any say on this matter, my understanding from talking to some of the guys is that: they know there are a few new requests to join the league, and they plan to use them.
So while I can't provide a definitive answer, I'd say don't worry, shouldn't be an issue.

Mush

Risk Breaker said:
Sorry for the shitty and kinda dangerous racing, I have a terrible backache and it showed.

Defiantly. Next week we will be opening registrations so stay tuned. :)
Dibbz said:
Is it just me or is everyone getting better? Some really great racing tonight.
I've noticed that too. Everyone is respectful of each other (and for the most part) aware of where everyone is relative to them, which is really important when racing in packs (which also happened a lot tonight).

It's a win-win for everyone!

Dibbz

It was really surprising considering we had grid starts. Everyone really did try to keep out of the way of each other when going into turn 1. I saved some replays and when my camera is charged I'll upload some on board stuff because there was some really epic driving.

Mush said:

Awesome, i wish those practices during week days were a little later, right now it´s too early for me.

As for the cars, after some thinking, i would like a piece of that Yellow Hat GTR, or, if that´s not possible, any of the Nissan´s factory based teams would be cool. (Defending with the Autech, Xanavi ´08, Xanavi Z ´06, Xanavi ´03 or Pitwork ´04... i´m pretty sure all of those are Nissan factory-based teams).

------

I wanted to say i would like to race the Takata Dome NSX ´03, but i´m sure Chimilosky is reading and he would throw rocks at me if i said that :)

Polyphony

I see the Yellowhat GT-R is quite popular around here! I was going for that one as well, but I don't mind driving any of the GT-R's. I can go with the Calsonic, Xanavi, Motul Autech or WoodOne as well.

Polyphony said:
I see the Yellowhat GT-R is quite popular around here! I was going for that one as well, but I don't mind driving any of the GT-R's. I can go with the Calsonic, Xanavi, Motul Autech or WoodOne as well.

Heh... might want to consider what others have said about this car.

Hint: it´s total crap.

I know it looks like a hot supermodel, won a race in real life, but...

Angst

As part of next season's schedule we are aiming to use one user created track. To involve you guys we are going to hold a competition were you submit your track to us and we will vote on the best track.

Once we have decided on a user generated track it will be shared on the SuperGT profile where you can download it and then practice on it.

Rules:
1. track length should be maximum 6 km (around 4 miles)
2. theme will be the Eifel (Circuit) theme

Prize:
Eternal internet fame for having created a track for the Super GT circus. :p

Submit your track by sharing it on your profile and then posting here that you have a shared track that you want us to try out.

Toxa

Angst said:
As part of next season's schedule we are aiming to use one user created track. To involve you guys we are going to hold a competition were you submit your track to us and we will vote on the best track.

Once we have decided on a user generated track it will be shared on the SuperGT profile where you can download it and then practice on it.

Rules:

Prize:

Submit your track by sharing it on your profile and then posting here that you have a shared track that you want us to try out.

done ;) (1 track so far)

ashk

Everyone who drove a Nissan or Honda in season 1 and wants another car for season 2 should be given a Lexus to teach them to be happy with what they have. (joke)
(or is it?)

Toxa

ashk said:
Everyone who drove a Nissan or Honda in season 1 and wants another car for season 2 should be given a Lexus to teach them to be happy with what they have. (joke)
(or is it?)

I agree :p

Angst

ashk said:
(or is it?)
We just assume that you and Toxa haven't really mastered the art of accepting the cards you've been dealt and that it would be best for you to drive a Lexus again so you can really learn to be happy with what you have. :)
Toxa said:
done ;) (1 track so far)
Nice! We will have a look at it later today.

Dead Man

ashk said:
(or is it?)
I'd be happy with a Lexus, if it wasn't so ugly! But I would just like to try a different car, drove a GT-R for the first season.

Angst said:

Rules:

Prize:

Great idea! I think I will need to fire up GT for the first time in days.

Mush said:
Defiantly. Next week we will be opening registrations so stay tuned. :)

That's great! Thanks, and thanks to brentech too, you are very helpful with all my n00bie questions.

Mush said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrmvPdDgSvY

I wish we could choose the number on our cars, because at first I sincerely didn't know if that Xanavi GT-R is me or not, though judging by the racing line I think it is lol (edit: nah I'm the GT-R at the back in the end, I think I got pwnd at the start in that race). I love watching replays of the races and I didn't save anything yesterday. Besides my PC is too slow to record anything with my capture card :(

That was some nice racing by the way, very clean, exciting and fast. I personally don't know if it's an improvement over previous races, but the two times I've played with you lot I've had a great time.

Angst said:

Love the idea, I'll get to it! I rarely use the course maker, so it's the perfect excuse.

Angst

Risk Breaker said:
That's great! Thanks, and thanks to brentech too, you are very helpful with all my n00bie questions.

I wish we could choose the number on our cars, because at first I sincerely didn't know if that Xanavi GT-R is me or not, though judging by the racing line I think it is lol (edit: nah I'm the GT-R at the back in the end, I think I got pwnd at the start in that race). I love watching replays of the races and I didn't save anything yesterday. Besides my PC is too slow to record anything with my capture card :(

That was some nice racing by the way, very clean, exciting and fast. I personally don't know if it's an improvement over previous races, but the two times I've played with you lot I've had a great time.

Love the idea, I'll get to it! I rarely use the course maker, so it's the perfect excuse.
The Xanavi at the front is ashk battling me in the YellowHat. We had an awesome race where we traded positions for 4 laps - then I got unsettled from having him in the rear view mirror all the time and took one corner too fast... :/ My mistake and excellent pressure from ashk.

Nice to hear that you guys like the idea of a user created track! Bonus points if someone does a 1:1 re-creation of Spa ;)

Niks

Angst said:

Rules:

Prize:

Awesome I suggested this in the survey. :)

UFRA said:
And the standard looked real nice along side your pretty premium. :p
Yeah, I didnt even notice the SUPRA was a standard. Nice battle.

Angst

Dead Man said:
I'd be happy with a Lexus, if it wasn't so ugly! But I would just like to try a different car, drove a GT-R for the first season.

Great idea! I think I will need to fire up GT for the first time in days.
I'm starting to like the look of the Lexus more now. The white ones look best IMO. And they are definitely easier to control than the Nissans, so for the people having a hard time controlling their car last season I'd definitely recommend testing the Lexus with stage 2 turbo. Set the power limiter to 502 BHP.

Edit - it would be a good idea for old and new drivers alike to start finding a team mate. Maybe it would be a good idea to switch team mate from last season? That's totally up to you guys though. The faster you can get your team organized the easier the sign-ups will be next week.

I can not stand by and let this Lexus smack talk continue! Breaking down last seasons results we discover that the Lexus won 20% of the races, same as the Fairlady with the GTR's taking the remaining 60%.

Toxa

Angst said:
Nice to hear that you guys like the idea of a user created track! Bonus points if someone does a 1:1 re-creation of Spa ;)

I'm not a big fan of these created track, especially those from the special event (not interesting IMO) and I never tried this feature.

so it was the opportunity to use this feature and It's cool for my first attempt I tried to create an interesting track, my track is a bit short but fun

Toxa

MikeDub said:
Breaking down last seasons results we discover that the Lexus won 20% of the races, same as the Fairlady with the GTR's taking the remaining 60%.

because nab and Myself are pretty good driver but if salacious and fas was there during the second half of the season it would be almost impossible to win

ashk

Angst said:
I'm starting to like the look of the Lexus more now. The white ones look best IMO. And they are definitely easier to control than the Nissans, so for the people having a hard time controlling their car last season I'd definitely recommend testing the Lexus with stage 2 turbo. Set the power limiter to 502 BHP.

Edit - it would be a good idea for old and new drivers alike to start finding a team mate. Maybe it would be a good idea to switch team mate from last season? That's totally up to you guys though. The faster you can get your team organized the easier the sign-ups will be next week.

I also didn't like the look of the Lexus at first, but after racing with it a few times and watching the replays it started to grow on me, and now I think it looks at least as good as the other cars. The orange livery is unique and it pops out in the field.

Regarding teams for next season, I think it's too early to start setting them up before we know what the situation with the cars will be, since I think the primary factor in teaming up is that you drive the car you both like. Personally I'm fine with staying with my current team mate, but if there's a difference of opinion I don't want to be pressuring him into driving a car he doesn't want to or vice versa.

Angst

ashk said:
I also didn't like the look of the Lexus at first, but after racing with it a few times and watching the replays it started to grow on me, and now I think it looks at least as good as the other cars. The orange livery is unique and it pops out in the field.

Regarding teams for next season, I think it's too early to start setting them up before we know what the situation with the cars will be, since I think the primary factor in teaming up is that you drive the car you both like. Personally I'm fine with staying with my current team mate, but if there's a difference of opinion I don't want to be pressuring him into driving a car he doesn't want to or vice versa.
Stay tuned for more news! :)

We have pretty much sorted out the car situation and we will probably post something later today. I think
hope
it's a solution everyone will be happy with.

*Crosses fingers for Standard cars allowed*

Also, i don´t think people would mind if we had two teams racing the same model... or would they?

brentech

Uploaded a track for your enjoyment.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present, "Prestige WorldWide Raceway". Coming in at 7.1km, providing spills and thrills through numerous S curves and blind hills, a backside speedway, and corners that require you to buy a hat....and hold the fuck on to it!

Now open for track day scheduling. Death waivers required.

Angst said:

Well I've got this kinda inverted version of Eau Rouge :p

It's a 250+km/h right hander going downhill then inmediately going up and a 250+km/h left hander and inmediately after that a 2nd gear right hander on the top of a pretty big hill. Then you go down the hill, do some more turns and end of the lap!

I have to work on it a little more though.

Angst

As Dibbz and I have decided we want to mix things up a bit for the next season I will be teaming up with gutterboy44 for season 2. Car is of course undecided as of now as is our team name :)

Dibbz

Well rather than grab a team mate I'll let them come to me. So anyone who wants some sexy time with the NSX ARTA (trust me it's sexy time all the time with that car) let me know.

Is there a way to test out the tracks people are making if they're not on my FL?

Angst

Dibbz said:
Well rather than grab a team mate I'll let them come to me. So anyone who wants some sexy time with the NSX ARTA (trust me it's sexy time all the time with that car) let me know.

Is there a way to test out the tracks people are making if they're not on my FL?
I don't think you can. I've downloaded their tracks and maybe they are available on my profile? Scratch that as it's only possible to share one track at a time. You'll have to add them to your FL I guess.

On that note, I've created a track and it's shared in my profile.

brentech

Love it, epic stuff, minus a spinout in the middle of final lap for me =(
Really like that Calsonic, so much better than my YellowHat Supra.

Top Bottom