• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

Angst

New Page:
Circuit de la Sarthe
RGeH5.png
Length: 8.47mi/13629 m Longest Straight: 1.04mi/1679 m Elevation Change: 122.4ft/37,3 m Corners: 38​

Race starts in:
t1307822400z0.png

Allowed cars:
Super GT cars that have been approved for Season 2 so that includes standards, for the full list, see OP

Teams:
There are no teams, everyone for themselves.​

Track:
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 - Dynamic Weather - Chicane ver - Time​

Laps:
22 laps, estimated race time 80 minutes​
Weather:
Dynamic (starting with same condition as real life location at the time of race)

Players Participating (10/16):
  • 01 - Angst - Nissan Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo Super GT '06
  • 02 - Dibbz - Honda NSX ARTA Super GT '06
  • 03 - Ashk - Nissan GT-R Xanavi Nismo Super GT '08
  • 04 - MikeDub - Lexus SC 430 Eneos Super GT '08
  • 05 - Niks - Toyota Supra WoodOne Tom's JGTC '03
  • 06 - Mush - Honda NSX Raybrig Super GT '06 - tentative car
  • 07 - Sunhilegend - Honda NSX Raybrig Super GT '06 - tentative car
  • 08 - MetalMurpy - Toyota Supra au Ceromo JGTC '01 - tentative car
  • 09 - Gynoug79 - Honda NSX Takata Dome Super GT '06
  • 10 - Polyphony - Nissan GT-R Yellowhat '08
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 21.00 CET
Lounge reset - 22.00 CET
Qualifications start - 22.00 CET
Race start 22.30 CET

At 21.50 we will do a 2 laps race as a warm-up, attendance for the warm-up race isn't mandatory, but recommended. When we're done with the warm-up we will do a sync check in the pits, once the sync is complete qualification starts.

We will do a shortened parade lap at 80 MPH with no passing allowed. Race starts when you pass the beep at T1 (or T2, need to check). Start accelerating when you hear the beep. No warm-up of tyres on the parade lap (doesn't work anyway and leads to widening gaps and incidents).

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

In case of rain:

I've found that raising the car to the fullest and softening up the suspension helps immensely on wet tarmac. If you have the car lowered too much you will essentially be riding a surf board instead of in a car. I.e. the car water planes very easily. As Le Sarthe is pretty bumpy you shouldn't be running in a very low car anyway.

Credit and thanks to Metalmurphy for images and nice formatting

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
I thought we were gonna do LeMan cars?

I wanted to drive this baby!

Audi-R10-TDI_4.jpg
There was a pretty big majority for "not on such short notice dude".

Maybe next week, I want to use my lm car too.

Angst

If we had 16 cars on the grid, sure. As it is, no. LM cars endurance next week if more people than you and I want it though.

brentech

Damn, that's crazy. Had a hard time picking out a landmark. Was that at the start of a lap, or right before the end of one?

Polyphony

I will make it in the end! It's Grand Prix weekend in my city, but the F1 qualifs should be over before race time ;).

Yellowhat GTR.

Angst

Good news Polyphony!

We will do qualifications as originally planned:

Race procedure:
Lounge opens - 21.00 CET
Lounge reset - 22.00 CET
Qualifications start - 22.00 CET
Race start 22.30 CET

At 21.50 we will do a 2 laps race as a warm-up, attendance for the warm-up race isn't mandatory, but recommended. When we're done with the warm-up we will do a sync check in the pits, once the sync is complete qualification starts.

We will do a shortened parade lap at 80 MPH with no passing allowed. Race starts when you pass the beep at T1 (or T2, need to check). Start accelerating when you hear the beep. No warm-up of tyres on the parade lap (doesn't work anyway and leads to widening gaps and incidents).

To be able to participate in the race you have to enter the lounge at 22.20 CET at the latest. If you don't have to time to set a qualification lap you will just have to start at the back of the grid.

Niks

Angst said:
Race starts when you pass the beep at T1 (or T2, need to check).

Please be more clear with this because I have no idea where on track you are talking about!
XD

Glad you can join in Polyphony.

Angst

Niks said:
Please be more clear with this because I have no idea where on track you are talking about!
XD

Glad you can join in Polyphony.
Lol, me neither... I forgot to check.

We'll do it this way:

Parade lap, pole car sets the pace at ~80 MPH. Everyone keep their spot on the grid, no passing allowed. Race starts at the exit of the first chicane on Mulsane: (I think that's where T2 is as well)

Ark

MikeDub said:
One day, one day we will do standing starts like real men.

I don't see why you don't, it's so much more fun getting a great start and taking someone into the first corner.

Race starts with a huge straight so that the qualification means nothing thanks to the slipstream? :p

I'm cool with it, I'm sure I'll suck during qualifying. It'll probably suck for someone else though lol.

This race has a very easy first corner, maybe we shouldn't do a parade lap on this one. We didn't on the DTM race for the NRL and it worked great.

ashk

Ark said:
I don't see why you don't, it's so much more fun getting a great start and taking someone out into the first corner.

This is why. I'm up for a standing start if we go light damage.

ashk

Angst said:
Lol, me neither... I forgot to check.

We'll do it this way:

Parade lap, pole car sets the pace at ~80 MPH. Everyone keep their spot on the grid, no passing allowed. Race starts at the exit of the first chicane on Mulsane: (I think that's where T2 is as well)

http://i.imgur.com/GHvcsl.jpg[IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

We discussed such starts a long time ago, and the same problem still stands - this is too vague. What part is considered the exit? I'd say anything past the apex, but other people's definitions may vary. But then again different people may use different apexes (sp?).

Angst

Ok, lets do a standing start this time. We'll see how it works. However, if the practice race at 21.50 turns into a cluster fuck in the first corner I'll change it to parade lap again.

And ashk - as we're using heavy damage it sucks when you get pole - only to get dive bombed in the first corner by three guys going in to hot :p

Dibbz said:
Yes that's a good point. Maybe because the laps are so long we should do light damage?
Same thing here, if practice race turns out badly I'll consider switching to light damage.

ashk said:
We discussed such starts a long time ago, and the same problem still stands - this is too vague. What part is considered the exit? I'd say anything past the apex, but other people's definitions may vary. But then again different people may use different apexes (sp?).
You're right, it's too vague. Standing start it is XD

Dibbz

Good call btw Angst on the practice race. I always feel that I need a race or two to get my into the zone. Usually going from practice to race for me is tough and takes me a while to get into the race. It's a nice little warm up this way :D

Toxa

no race for me tonight sorry and I'm happy xD but I would come in the lounge to practice a bit with you :p and watch the race

Angst

I know - it was your idea last week and I felt it helped people to get into the proper mode. The risk of going straight from hot laps and into race is that people expect to drive the same during race and during qualification.
Toxa said:
no race for me tonight sorry and I'm happy xD but I would come in the lounge to practice a bit with you :p and watch the race
No worries toxa, time for someone else to win :)

ashk

Sounds good Angst. I just hope I don't get screwed in the first lap again :p

I'm planning on watching the 24h race while doing the SuperGT race, I wonder how that will turn out :p

Angst

ashk said:
Sounds good Angst. I just hope I don't get screwed in the first lap again :p

I'm planning on watching the 24h race while doing the SuperGT race, I wonder how that will turn out :p
Same here... Unless eurosport decides to show snooker or something else instead.

ashk

Sorry for bailing out guys, when I made it halfway I realised this was gonna take too long.

It wasn't that bad in the rain, I felt I kept improving the longer I continued. Although I did pit 3 times in 10 laps, the huge shunt in le Mans didn't help my concetration :p

Dibbz

Oh man I was terrible. Jesus I was all over the place and was getting worse over time. I just couldn't handle it today guys so sorry I jumped out. I got to about 13 laps and there was still just under half way to go. I just couldn't endure that. :(

Angst

And we're done. 5 people left by the end, although I don't blame you guys at all. It's supposed to be fun, not a fucking chore, which it was today. It's safe to say that we won't be racing in the rain again...

Niks won and me on second one minute behind. Mm on third.

1 h 45 minutes was definitely too long. Next race will be shorter and no rain. Sunny skies guaranteed.

Race Results:

1. Niks
2. Angst - +1.07
3. MM
4. SunhiLegend
5. Gynoug

DNF:
Dibbz
MikeDub
Polyphony
Ashk

Polyphony

I thought it was a fun race! I had to quit early due to dinner, and was admittedly a little tired of spinning out as well lol. The initial moments of the race were the best. Couldn't see anything in front so I was relying on the map to tell when the car ahead was slowing down. Then I spun out on my own and damaged my engine. After a brief repair-pitstop, I was back on the field with no one to be seen. It wasn't as fun racing alone and trying to catch up while spinning out by pushing too hard. A good experience overall though.

Niks

Yeah the first lap was insane, crashing Ashk head on was kinda funny, didnt see you at all..big blur of white, bang. No warning.

Also funny crashing into angst.

Oh look, Angst went wide into the sandpit! Yes P1 is mine!
Braking, braking, oh shit! Straight into the sandpit, hit Angst, engine damage :/
lol

Glad rain race is over.

Dibbz

This must be the first time so many people have quit mid race. In fact we never usually do this at all and I feel bad that some new guys racing with us today might get the wrong impression. This was not a normal race and I hope you guys stick with us for a few more races to see what we are really like :)

Credit to everyone who finished the race today. Seriously that takes some mental strength to stick it out.

Angst

Dibbz said:
This must be the first time so many people have quit mid race. In fact we never usually do this at all and I feel bad that some new guys racing with us today might get the wrong impression. This was not a normal race and I hope you guys stick with us for a few more races to see what we are really like :)

Credit to everyone who finished the race today. Seriously that takes some mental strength to stick it out.
Yeah, normally maybe 1 guy quits and that's it. So this was very much the exception to the rule. But so was the race and I was pretty close to giving up as well.

Next week I suggest we do LMP cars at a track where the sun shines all the time. :p

I'm thinking these cars should be allowed:

Audi R8 '05
Audi R10
Bentley Speed 8
BMW V12 LMR
Jaguar XJR-9
Mazda 787B
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM
Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9
Nissan R89C
Nisan R92CP
Pescarolo Courage Judd - GV5
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot
Peugeot 905
Peugeot 908
Toyota GT-ONE
Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V

BHP limited to 680 BHP, weight at 900 kg.

Race will be shorter as well this time I think - 60 minutes.

(Car list shamelessly stolen from GTP)

Dibbz

What track have you got in mind? I'll throw Nurb GP into the hat.

In the mood for some hot LMP racing next. Decided to watch Le Man all night tonight for the first time ever :D

I do wish all of those were premiums though instead of just a few of them. Oh well I'm sure PD will add some more helmets or something instead of those :p

Top Bottom