• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

Angst

My ghetto recording of the first ~10 minutes from yesterday:

YouTube

MM's car is really weird in my replay, engine revving and speed jumping up and down. Haax0rz? ;)

Angst said:
My ghetto recording of the first ~10 minutes from yesterday:

YouTube

MM's car is really weird in my replay, engine revving and speed jumping up and down. Haax0rz? ;)

Think my connection was acting up, it's why i got dced 2 times.

But now that you mention engine revving, I'm having some weird problem that I dunno if it's from my G25 or the latest 1.10 patch. In the past when I floor the accelerator pedal, the accelerator bar would stay at max no matter what, no I notice that it drops a bit during bumps and hard turns. Anyone else notice this?

*edit* Didn't notice anything strange on that video.

Angst

Listen to the sound from your engine. On my replay you go from 150-290 kmh each second. Must have been something with your connection as you say.

Angst said:
Listen to the sound from your engine.

Still, nothing strange :p

Car has that aggressive sound, and the rest just seems like the doppler effect

Angst said:
On my replay you go from 150-290 kmh each second. Must have been something with your connection as you say.

Oh lol

I noticed MM's car during the race but thought he just had a funky driving style. That video really highlights how bad the aliasing with rain is, yuck.

MikeDub said:
I noticed MM's car during the race but thought he just had a funky driving style. That video really highlights how bad the aliasing with rain is, yuck.
Well, I do tend to let the wheels spin alot and just balance the car with the steering sometimes, instead of just giving it perfect throttle control, that + lag probably gave some weird results.

Angst

Nürburgring GP/F
Y3Fqy.png
Length: 3.20mi/5148 m Longest Straight: 0.39mi/620 m Elevation Change: 186.0ft/56,7 m Corners: 17​

Race starts in:
t1308427200z0.png

Allowed cars:
Audi R8 '05
Audi R10
Bentley Speed 8
BMW V12 LMR
Jaguar XJR-9
Mazda 787B
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM
Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9
Nissan R89C
Nisan R92CP
Pescarolo Courage Judd - GV5
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot
Peugeot 905
Peugeot 908
Toyota GT-ONE
Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V

PP limited to 715PP

Teams:
There are no teams, everyone for themselves.​

Track:
Nürburgring GP/F​

Laps:
35 laps​
Weather:
SUN

Players Participating (11/16):
  • 01 - Angst - Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car ‘89
  • 02 - Gynoug79 -
  • 03 - Ashk - Bentley Speed 8 Race Car ‘03
  • 04 - Niks - Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car ‘89
  • 05 - Toxa - Bentley Speed 8 Race Car ‘03
  • 06 - MikeDub - Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car ‘98
  • 07 - JuicyBob - Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car ‘89
  • 08 - Dibbz - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP – Team Peugeot Total ‘10
  • 09 - G Rom - Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo C60 Hybride – Judd Race car ‘05
  • 10 - Mush - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP – Team Oreca Matmut ‘10
  • 11 - SunhiLegend - Mazda 787B Race car ‘91
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 21.00 CET
Lounge reset - 22.00 CET
Qualifications start - 22.00 CET
Race start 22.30 CET

At 21.50 we will do a 2 laps race as a warm-up, attendance for the warm-up race isn't mandatory, but recommended. When we're done with the warm-up we will do a sync check in the pits, once the sync is complete qualification starts.

We will do a parade lap at 80 MPH with no passing allowed. Race starts when you pass the beep at the start/finish line. Start accelerating when you hear the beep. No warm-up of tyres on the parade lap (doesn't work anyway and leads to widening gaps and incidents).

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Credit and thanks to Metalmurphy for images and nice formatting

ashk

I was just meaning to say that Fuji would make a good venue for those cars, I'll have to give them a few laps on the Nurburgring and see how it goes.

Angst

I'll do some tests as well. If nurburgring turns out to be too hard we can switch to Fuji. I've done the f1 challenge on gp/f and it worked very well.

About the BHP/weight limit - I would like all cars to be relatively even, but not by nerfing the fastest cars so they're as slow as the slowest cars. I'll look through the cars and see if it's possible to use a PP rating instead.

ashk said:
I was just meaning to say that Fuji would make a good venue for those cars, I'll have to give them a few laps on the Nurburgring and see how it goes.

I take that as - "I'm in" ;)

ashk

Yeah, I'm in :p I was thinking of Fuji because it's got one very long and one long straight so in that way it's somewhat similar to the Circuit de la Sarthe. The Nurburgring's straights are relatively slow so you have to lower the transmission down a few notches. Those cars have a lot of torque and like to spin out on corner exit and lowering the transmission might make them even more difficult to handle.

BTW I think I own most of those cars so I can help out if you need something tested.

Angst

Yeah, that would be nice. I'll be in the lounge at around 20.00 CET. Everyone is welcome to join of course.

Niks

Im in.
Ill probably use the Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9. Have always liked the silver arrow.

As ashk mentioned these cars have a lot of torque, is TC going to be allowed?

Angst

Niks said:
Im in.
Ill probably use the Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9. Have always liked the silver arrow.

As ashk mentioned these cars have a lot of torque, is TC going to be allowed?
Yeah, TC will be allowed (has been for the last couple of races as well).

Angst

I've been doing a couple of laps with a few cars, but I have no credits so I need to do (and win at least silver) the drift event. I'll be back in the lounge around 21.00 CET (in 40 minutes).

ashk

After trying out all the cars I have I still have no idea which one to use. It'll probably be one of the fast and twitchy ones, but I guess it'll just come down to choosing a manufacturer I like.

Juicy Bob

You know what? I'm in this time.

I'll take the Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V, if that's OK. It's the only car on that list I actually have.

EDIT: 5:20AM?! Bugger me... Gonna need to get some Red Bulls in.

Angst

Juicy Bob said:
You know what? I'm in this time.

I'll take the Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V, if that's OK. It's the only car on that list I actually have.

EDIT: 5:20AM?! Bugger me... Gonna need to get some Red Bulls in.
Actually, the race start is 6.30 Sydney time. You'll miss qualifications and it's still very early though.

Juicy Bob

Angst said:
Actually, the race start is 6.30 Sydney time. You'll miss qualifications and it's still very early though.
Yeah, but the warm up starts 5:20AM South Australian time, meaning the race would start at 6:00AM Sunday morning. It's the one thing that puts me off joining you all more often to be honest, but I do fancy a race this weekend.

Angst

Juicy Bob said:
Yeah, but the warm up starts 5:20AM South Australian time, meaning the race would start at 6:00AM Sunday morning. It's the one thing that puts me off joining you all more often to be honest, but I do fancy a race this weekend.
Sorry, I checked the time zone for Sydney and figured Australia used only one time zone :p Which is absurd, given the size of your "little" island.

Angst

MikeDub said:
If anyone has that JAG going spare I could do with it.
I'm afraid it's too expensive to gift. There are a couple of LMP cars in the OCD right now and the 787B is easily worth the 4 mill for the sound alone. If you have 4 mill that is... seasonal events grind for an hour and you'll have more than that.

G Rom

I think I'm gonna be able to participate this time.
Since the 908 is already taken and the used dealership lottery doesn't allow me to buy the 905, I think I'll take the Pesca C60 Hybride. French LMP cars FTW ! :p

Angst

Mush said:
A new challenger approaches?!
You can thank (or blame) me and my PM spamming for that :p lol

MikeDub said:
I've got the CLK-LM then.

What mods can we do to get it up to PP.
I can't afford to buy all the cars, so just do the minimum upgrades needed to reach ~715 PP and then use the power limiter.

In my experience the guys who learn how to properly control these monsters will take the podium, not the one with the most torque.

G Rom said:
I think I'm gonna be able to participate this time.
Since the 908 is already taken and the used dealership lottery doesn't allow me to buy the 905, I think I'll take the Pesca C60 Hybride. French LMP cars FTW ! :p
Cool that you decided to join us! Don't worry about duplicates (unless you want to race in a unique car ofc)

I'm definitely in. After a few tests by myself with the limited amount of allowed cars I have the Mazda 787B was the one I felt most comfortable driving so I'll be using that car.

G Rom

Angst said:
You can thank (or blame) me and my PM spamming for that :p lol

I can't afford to buy all the cars, so just do the minimum upgrades needed to reach ~715 PP and then use the power limiter.

In my experience the guys who learn how to properly control these monsters will take the podium, not the one with the most torque.

Cool that you decided to join us! Don't worry about duplicates (unless you want to race in a unique car ofc)

I guess that, yes, PM spamming does work in the end ! :p

And yeah, I prefer to avoid duplicates. This will be my way to show some support to Henri Pescarolo and his team ! :p

ashk

MikeDub said:
If anyone has that JAG going spare I could do with it.

Does anyone know if you can race borrowed cars online? If it's possible I could share mine for you to use.

Angst

ashk said:
Does anyone know if you can race borrowed cars online? If it's possible I could share mine for you to use.
Didn't work when we did the NRL testing. Dunno if they changed it in the latest patch. It would make total sense, so probably not.

Angst

Niks said:
Great looking grid!
Yeah and we'll probably get a couple more signed up. I'm waiting for Gutterboy44, seattle, brentech, konosuke, polyphony, risk breaker, kaze and mm. It's going to be an awesome race and hopefully people won't be as drained as after the last race.

ashk

I've decided to use the Bentley Speed 8. It's actually a quite nice car to drive once you get used to it.

Dibbz

Good practice session. Fastest time for me was 1.45.xx. Toxa was going about 2 seconds faster though (as usual :p). Nurb is such a fun track though so I'm going to look at finding a second or two before the race.

Top Bottom