• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

I like the two races per event. I think we should stick with light damage and no mandatory pit stops, especially since we are mixing up tire selection these days. I know people seemed more careless, but imo people have been just as careless with heavy damage on. The only difference is that I got to keep racing after getting screwed over.

My vote,
wzv1Bm.jpg

I would also like to nominate Deep Forest as a track.

Angst said:
I think some of the RM'ed cars are on Sports Hard, but depending on the car chosen I'll pick a compound. It won't be Racing Soft, that's for sure.

Car voting will be open until Monday 0:00 CET, I'll count the votes then and post an OP with full details.

Monday 0:00 CET as in... 26 hours from now or only 2? I'm busy right now, can't elaborate much though I have a lot to say.

Angst

Risk Breaker said:
Monday 0:00 CET as in... 26 hours from now or only 2? I'm busy right now, can't elaborate much though I have a lot to say.
Lol, yeah I realize now that was a bit vague. Monday at midnight :)

That's just as vague :( 26 hours from now

Angst said:
Lol, yeah I realize now that was a bit vague. Monday at midnight :)

That's just as vague :( 26 hours from now

:p Okay, good. I'm going to buy them all while I have something for dinner and later I'll edit and write a wall of text (or not).

I think my vote is going to be for either the Silvia, the Evo IX and the Integra. The problem is that I like them so much that I want one of them to win (plus it'll likely be my last race in some weeks, you know, summer stuff) and the Silvia already has a vote. BUT I'd prefer doing some FF or AWD racing because we're always doing FR and it'd be nice to see a change. So I'm temporarily going to vote for the Silvia unless someone else wants some FF or AWD love.

I'm going to say that I actually don't like racing on two different tracks in a row because of 1. lack of time to practice and 2. I think it disturbs drivers' concentration and some people have a hard enough time memorizing one track.

Also, I love that we are switching tyres and I think Sports Hard is a perfect choice in almost all cases. Anything but Racing Softs will do anyway.

I'm too tired now to make much sense, more tomorrow.

PS: Glad to see I'm not the only one having weird sound "issues", at first I thought I had fucked up and installed something I shouldn't.

Didn´t had time to post yesterday, my thoughts on the three races:

Monaco:

Practice time with Niks and Gutterboy on friday had made me feel good about the race. Had a 49´3 with some time left to get, but in qualify i couldn´t get anywhere close to it. Niks beat me to the pole a la Schumacher, in the last minute.

In the race things were going great. Gutterboy and Niks were class acts, we ran together in the first few laps and everything went great.

Then came the middle of the race, and i thought i had to pit, but i wasn´t sure. Instead of waiting to see, i decided to pit early to get faster laptimes. Let me just make this clear here that this is totaly on me.

There are no if´s in racing, and Gutterboy totaly deserved the win. I don´t want to pass the impression that "i would do this and that if this had happened", because that´s not the spirit. He won, and it was a great drive.

Anyways, i came out of the pits and i did had some overtaking to do, manage to get close to the leaders, got impacient and tried a BS overtaking on Ashk on a place where there was not really much room. I slowed down, we didn´t get hurt and went on to cross the finish line. Consolation prize was the best lap i think.

Rome:

I was afraid of the reverse grid, and it showed. People should be more careful on that first turn, specially with a delicate car. Somebody spun in front of me and i brake checked, got hit from behind and ended up in a 512BB sandwich. Had to engage reverse, cooked the tires, was terribad. Started in last place with Gutterboy a few places ahead of me.

I noticed we started to move up, one by one. I felt like i used up a lot of tires to make some overtakes, so in the end i was in a position where i couldn´t do much. Couldn´t get anywhere close to the 18´6 ran in friday practice, and it was just a eventful race.

One mistake i remember was when i tried to go by Angst, and i tried to overtake on a place where it was almost impossible. We banged cars, i got some damage, but i think it was nothing to serious for him.

Rome was interesting because there isn´t really a lot of room for overtaking, and the reverse grid + accidents made a lot of people impatient, i know it wasn´t just me because i saw many battles.

Maybe courses like that should have some sort of overtaking zones, kinda like the DRS on F1, because overtakes on exquisite places usually end up in a mess. I know and i done two bonehead attempts yesterday that i know were a bit careless. (Ashk on monaco and Angst in Rome).

Madrid:

First race was a wreck fest, i was a bit bummed because i started almost last and was leading before the end of the first lap. Went on avoiding wrecks all the way.

Second race i got a great start, jumped ahead of Gutterboy and somebody else, but then i got sandwchided again, on the first turn on a crazy wreck that put me in the back of the field.

In such a short race i thought i was done, but i was able to overtake some cars and take advantage of some rage quits (specially when i saw the leader, Ashk crashing as i was getting closer).

Went on the finally win one in a race that i think had 7 quits, which is a record i think.

-----------------------

Great races, overall i loved, Monaco was a lot of fun.

For next week i guess i vote for the Silvia, because the Golf in stock power is just too weak to be fun.

Also, what´s up with the rage against racing softs? They are great. I just hope since we are racing race cars that we use racing hards at least.

Looking foward to nex week.

Niks

I agree with Ashk about choosing a FF car this time.
I tried the Golf on Autumn Ring and it was a blast, could make for some close side by side racing.

If you guys find it a bit underpowered, maybe the integra could be a better choice?

So my vote is either the Integra or the Silvia.
But if we race on Autumn Ring the Golf gets my vote.

If you guys vote for the Integra then I shall change my vote for the Integra as well! Awesome cockpit, sound, high RPM.

The one thing the Silvia has that I love is that the roof cam is more like a hood cam. Why can't we have that in every car :( It's the one I use to race online.

So light damage uh? I hope we all can be patient enough, as seattle said the Rome and Madrid races were absolute crashfests. Dat Madrid first corner where I got blocked twice and hit thrice :D Whether a short or a long race, having an accident in the first turn is a huge handicap that turns people off and frustrates them so please be extra careful in the first lap even if you lose some positions (I almost always do).

Looks like there´s a lot of love for both the silvia and the golf, as well as deep forest and autumn ring.

Maybe we can do both?

(but no reverse grids this time).

Two 40 minute races would be fun.

Angst

Are any of the cape ring layouts interesting?

Looks like it's VW Golf vs Integra right now. If there's a hung vote I'll recast my vote to get a winner.

I don't think I will be back in time on Saturday from my trip to Wyoming so you can exclude me from the grid and vote. Have fun!

I am currently uploading the video replay of Rome to Youtube. My camera switching was a little janky at first because I forgot some of the buttons when "directing" a replay. I really wish they would map a fucking shoulder button to switching between drivers while keeping all of the OSD shit off. Add another one to the bitch fest database. Obligatory, someone tweet Kaz.

Niks

Angst said:
Looks like it's VW Golf vs Integra right now. If there's a hung vote I'll recast my vote to get a winner.

Hurry up and decide then!
Ive got free today, so I can do some testing.
:)

Angst

Niks said:
Hurry up and decide then!
Ive got free today, so I can do some testing.
:)
I said 0:00 CET and that's in almost 4 hours... but maybe the people that are going to vote already has? I'll count through the votes now properly.

*edit* trying to count the votes is a nightmare, Florida-style :/ "I want that car... or maybe that car unless we do that track, then I want that car". "I want that car unless other people want this car". "I just want a FF car"

Kinda lots of things to factor in here :p

Elise
Metalmurphy​

Silvia RM
niks, seattle6418​

Dodge Challenger
Angst​

Golf
Mikedub, Niks, ashk​

Evo
mush​

Integra
niks, Risk Breaker, ashk, G Rom, f0rk​

Integra it is!

Tracks: Autumn Ring and Grand Valley East or Eiger Short

Angst

Integra it is!

Tracks: Autumn Ring and Grand Valley East or Eiger Short

I wanted us to do tracks we haven't raced on yet Autumn Ring is a definite, but I need your opinions on Eiger short vs Grand Valley East

Heading into the lounge now, just need to do a respray of my car. I'll post the op once I've made a decision on track #2. The decision will be made today and I won't change it again the day before the race ;)

Angst

One-make, 2 track race

Race starts in:
t1309636800z0.png

Allowed car:
Honda Integra (DC5) RM '04​
BHP / Weight
Stock, 238 BHP, 950 kg​
Tuning allowed:
All non-PP affecting upgrades​
Teams:
There are no teams, everyone for themselves.​
Track:
1. Grand Valley East
2. Autumn Ring​
Laps:
1. Grand Valley East - 30 laps (TBC)
2. Autumn Ring, 26 laps (TBC)​
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Tyre Selection
Racing Hard​
Assists
ABS, Manual or Automatic Gearbox​

Players Participating (12/16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - Risk Breaker
  • 03 - basstosse
  • 04 - MikeDub
  • 05 - Niks
  • 06 - G Rom tentative
  • 07 - Seattle6418
  • 08 - ashk
  • 09 - f0rk
  • 10 - mush *prays*
  • 11 - Dibbz
  • 12 - Metalmurphy
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -

Please note your number on the grid and put that number on your car!

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 21.00 CET
Lounge reset - 22.00 CET
Qualifications start - 22.00 CET
Race start 22.15 CET

Please not the earlier start time.

At 21.50 we will do a practice race as a warm-up, attendance for the warm-up race isn't mandatory, but much recommended. When we're done with the warm-up we will do a sync check in the pits, once the sync is complete qualification starts. If you don't know what this is, don't worry, we'll explain it.

After the first race we will do a five minute break / practice session. Then 10 minutes of qualification for the second track.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Credit and thanks to Metalmurphy for nice formatting

*yeah that's right, I added everyone who voted for a car*

Angst said:
Track:
1. Grand Valley East
2. Autumn Ring​

Awesome choices I think.... Wait wtf, I just realized that you guys were talking about Autumn Ring, not Deep Forest. Mixed them up in my head lol. I LOOOOOVE Autumn Ring, AR, GVS and SR11 have always been my favourite tracks. Oh yeah :D Perfect for the type of car as well.

Now I'm seriously hyped.

Angst

We tried Eiger Short and I really liked it, but 12-14 cars in those corners? Not so cool... and for tyre changes the pit entry and exit takes ages. Grand Valley East has a really nice flow with lots of high speed sections, whereas Autumn Ring is a lot slower. I think it will be really cool.

Ark

Angst said:
We tried Eiger Short and I really liked it, but 12-14 cars in those corners? Not so cool... and for tyre changes the pit entry and exit takes ages. Grand Valley East has a really nice flow with lots of high speed sections, whereas Autumn Ring is a lot slower. I think it will be really cool.

The pitlane for Eiger is the best! Plenty of time to take a drink, stretch your legs, have a quick shakeup :p

Yes!!! Autumn Ring, my favorite track of all time. Good about the car. I was afraid without the upgrades it had something like 160 or so HP, but since it´s 238 + only 950kg, it might run well.

Love Grand Valley also. Feels like a throwback race with the essence of GT into it.

FF car + Racing Hards = close racing.

I believe times will be withim a second and people will fight throughout the races.

Can´t wait.

Let´s hope we can get a full grid going.

f0rk

The yellow looks really nice. Repainted mine white, will be cool to have a variety of colours all with the black hood.
The autumn ring racing was fun, a lot of back and forth as people got different exits from each corner.

Angst

Thanks, I've added "no mandatory pit stops" to the OP.

Also, please notice your grid number in the OP and pick that number on your car

Angst

Toxa said:
damn it looks awesome :(, but I need rest :p
You don't need that much practice to be competitive in cars like this. Or rather, you don't need that much practice to have fun in the Integra.

Toxa

Angst said:
You don't need that much practice to be competitive in cars like this. Or rather, you don't need that much practice to have fun in the Integra.

lol I know it's not only about practice or not, racing at 10pm is exhausting and it ruined my evening.

now I can eat in peace, watch tv ... I can watch the race and in the meantime do something else. xD

it was cool when the NRL was at 4pm :p

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
But but but... Nº3 ain't my lucky number! >.<
Paypal me and I'll let you switch. ;) If people want to switch numbers for medieval occult reasons that's ok
Toxa said:
lol I know it's not only about practice or not, racing at 10pm is exhausting and it ruined my evening.

now I can eat in peace, watch tv ... I can watch the race and in the meantime do something else. xD

Never mind :/ We're sticking to the time and any changes will have to wait until the fall season.

It'd be nice if we raced at 4PM CET specially when we do long races, but at least 10PM is better than 11.somethingPM...

I may have to do a two hour drive soon in the morning the next day so it'd be perfect timing but maybe some people in the US have to work on Saturday morning or something.

Angst

Toxa said:
keep it at 10pm, it's better for everyone, it was just a statement not a request
I know toxa, but if people like it we switch.

If not we keep to the old time. As it is now we're still going with the 20.00 GMT time :)

Angst

Lets stick with the usual time after all. I realized it's too much of a hassle to change the time now. Any changes will have to wait until the fall.

basstosse

Neo Member
Hi guys, i know Toxa and he shows me this thread. I would like to participate to your Honda Integra race and maybe the others races if it's possible :)
And sorry for my english :D

My psnID : lorn

Toxa said:

On a saturday?

What time do you wake up? Or is it job related?

------

On a related note, this car won´t turn! Such an understeering mofo... i had a better memory from my 380hp Integra (had to buy a new one).

At just 220hp, car is just weak and slow. Is it just me or others have noticed this as well?

Dibbz

Yes sign me up. Sound awesome. Some RM Honda's should be great.

I've raced Autumn Ring a total of 3 times I think and twice was in a Go Kart. A lot of people say it's a good track but I just haven't seen it. Maybe a bit more time with it and it'll grow on me.

Top Bottom