• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

Dibbz said:
Yes sign me up. Sound awesome. Some RM Honda's should be great.

I've raced Autumn Ring a total of 3 times I think and twice was in a Go Kart. A lot of people say it's a good track but I just haven't seen it. Maybe a bit more time with it and it'll grow on me.
I too was not a fan of AR either, last nights little session changed my mind completely. These cars are going go be a blast to race in a crowd, cannot wait! Seattle have you added the exhaust on? For some reason it is off by default.

Angst

One-make, 2 track race

Race starts in:
t1309636800z0.png

Allowed car:
Honda Integra (DC5) RM '04​
BHP / Weight
Stock, 236 (237) BHP, 950 kg​
Tuning allowed:
All non-PP affecting upgrades​
Teams:
There are no teams, everyone for themselves.​
Track:
1. Grand Valley East
2. Autumn Ring​
Laps:
1. Grand Valley East - 30 laps (TBC)
2. Autumn Ring, 26 laps (TBC)​
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Tyre Selection
Racing Hard​
Assists
ABS, Manual or Automatic Gearbox​

Players Participating (16/16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - Risk Breaker
  • 03 - chimilosky
  • 04 - MikeDub
  • 05 - Niks
  • 06 - G Rom tentative
  • 07 - Seattle6418
  • 08 - ashk
  • 09 - f0rk
  • 10 - mush
  • 11 - Dibbz
  • 12 - Metalmurphy
  • 13 - gynoug79
  • 14 - Handycrap101
  • 15 - UFRA tentative
  • 16 - Juicy Bob
  • 17 - SunhiLegend reserve

Please note your number on the grid and put that number on your car!

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 21.00 CET
Lounge reset - 22.00 CET
Qualifications start - 22.00 CET
Race start 22.15 CET

Please note the earlier start time.

At 21.50 we will do a practice race as a warm-up, attendance for the warm-up race isn't mandatory, but much recommended. When we're done with the warm-up we will do a sync check in the pits, once the sync is complete qualification starts. If you don't know what this is, don't worry, we'll explain it.

After the first race we will do a five minute break / practice session. Then 10 minutes of qualification for the second track.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Credit and thanks to Metalmurphy for nice formatting

*@Metalmurphy: happy? ;)*

Angst

basstosse said:
Hi guys, i know Toxa and he shows me this thread. I would like to participate to your Honda Integra race and maybe the others races if it's possible :)
And sorry for my english :D

My psnID : lorn
I've added you to the grid. You're welcome to the races :) You do need to send a friend request to GAFSuperGT to be able to participate. Post here once you've sent it and I'll approve it.

seattle6418 said:
On a related note, this car won´t turn! Such an understeering mofo... i had a better memory from my 380hp Integra (had to buy a new one).

At just 220hp, car is just weak and slow. Is it just me or others have noticed this as well?
You need to tune it properly to get rid of the understeer. And as MikeDub says, remember to attach the exhaust... You should have ~238 BHP.
MikeDub said:
I too was not a fan of AR either, last nights little session changed my mind completely. These cars are going go be a blast to race in a crowd, cannot wait! Seattle have you added the exhaust on? For some reason it is off by default.
Good to hear you like it now. You're first comment in the lounge wasn't exactly jumping with joy - but then you realized you had rain tyres on :D

@Dibbz: I've added you as well

I really want to sign up for this but I'm having a problem right now and I can't seem to connect online ONLY with GT5. I can connect from the XMB no problem but as soon as GT5 boots immediately the game gives me the "You have been signed out of PSN" message.

I tried out remote race for the first time and I won (with the lowest classed driver, no less) and I guess somewhere in the middle of the race my PS3 dropped connection. When I go on my PC to check the results the status is stuck on lap 2 with the timer forever counting up.

Is there some way to 'abandon' this race via the PC?

Besides that I simply need to buy the Integra, RM it, and I'm ready to go? All pre-race prep will take place on the day of the race?

I noticed that no tuning is allowed that can change the PP. Just so I'm clear-that includes no changing of the downforce? I'm not sure if it will change the PP on an integra but when I modified the downforce on my PD Formula the PP increased 2-3 points.

basstosse

Neo Member
I've added you to the grid. You're welcome to the races :) You do need to send a friend request to GAFSuperGT to be able to participate. Post here once you've sent it and I'll approve it.
Ok thanks, is sent. But i just saw July 2 it's saturday, and i can't this saturday. So no Integra race for me, sorry. :(
But no problem for the others races

Dibbz

Handycrap101 said:
I really want to sign up for this but I'm having a problem right now and I can't seem to connect online ONLY with GT5. I can connect from the XMB no problem but as soon as GT5 boots immediately the game gives me the "You have been signed out of PSN" message.

I tried out remote race for the first time and I won (with the lowest classed driver, no less) and I guess somewhere in the middle of the race my PS3 dropped connection. When I go on my PC to check the results the status is stuck on lap 2 with the timer forever counting up.

Is there some way to 'abandon' this race via the PC?

Besides that I simply need to buy the Integra, RM it, and I'm ready to go? All pre-race prep will take place on the day of the race?

I noticed that no tuning is allowed that can change the PP. Just so I'm clear-that includes no changing of the downforce? I'm not sure if it will change the PP on an integra but when I modified the downforce on my PD Formula the PP increased 2-3 points.
GT can be a bit funny online maybe you need to reset your router or maybe clear your network cache in the options of GT5.

Regarding adjusting downforce I would assume that it's ok since RM'd cars would have aero parts and you're not buying any additional parts to increase your PP just altering what is already there. Although Angst would have to clear it up.

Race prep is on the day but it's always good to get some practice laps in before the day. Usually people will organize a session on here during the week.

On this car, i think it´s best to leave downforce alone.

Last thing it needs is more grip on the rear to induce yet more understeer.

I´ll try to attatch the exaust tonight, and see if toe settings can work it´s magic again.

Btw, Chimilosky is in.

Dibbz said:
GT can be a bit funny online maybe you need to reset your router or maybe clear your network cache in the options of GT5.

Regarding adjusting downforce I would assume that it's ok since RM'd cars would have aero parts and you're not buying any additional parts to increase your PP just altering what is already there. Although Angst would have to clear it up.

Race prep is on the day but it's always good to get some practice laps in before the day. Usually people will organize a session on here during the week.

Ok thanks.

Another thing though is I RM'd my Integra and it's only at 220hp. I didn't do the initial oil change trick because I wasn't sure if that was allowed but is there anything I can do to my car to bring it up to the 238hp limit that's been posted?

Also, for the sake of practice-should I leave the grip reduction to low or real?

f0rk

Handycrap101 said:
Ok thanks.

Another thing though is I RM'd my Integra and it's only at 220hp. I didn't do the initial oil change trick because I wasn't sure if that was allowed but is there anything I can do to my car to bring it up to the 238hp limit that's been posted?

Also, for the sake of practice-should I leave the grip reduction to low or real?

Apparently there is a bug and your car doesn't have an exhaust of it, check in settings and that should give you the extra hp.
Grip reduction real.

Is there a way of finding how a car was tuned from the ghost data? I have a replay I did earlier and have no clue on what setup I was using, and now I'm 0.2s slower than it constantly after changing stuff around. I can't tell if it's the tune or a fluke lap.

f0rk said:
Apparently there is a bug and your car doesn't have an exhaust of it, check in settings and that should give you the extra hp.
Grip reduction real.

Is there a way of finding how a car was tuned from the ghost data? I have a replay I did earlier and have no clue on what setup I was using, and now I'm 0.2s slower than it constantly after changing stuff around. I can't tell if it's the tune or a fluke lap.

Depending how you use your car, it might need a chassis and/or engine repair.

They don´t cost that much on regular models, but they are ultra expensive on the racing cars.

It´s helpful, my old Minolta was a piece of trash after using it non stop for b-spec, and after the refresh it´s like a different car.

f0rk

seattle6418 said:
Depending how you use your car, it might need a chassis and/or engine repair.

They don´t cost that much on regular models, but they are ultra expensive on the racing cars.

It´s helpful, my old Minolta was a piece of trash after using it non stop for b-spec, and after the refresh it´s like a different car.

Oh I did the oil trick when I bought it then limited it today, I guess that must be it. Thanks.

On GVS I'm around 1:09:5, so I guess everyone else who's tried is on 1:07s.

Angst

Yeah, all tuning using the already existing parts and added, non-PP enhancing parts is ok. Remeber to use Racing Hard tyres only though.

I'll be in the lounge shortly if anyone wants to practice.

And remember to practice online, not in GT5 practice as grip is different there.

@seattle: I've added chim to the grid, he has number 3 and should put that number on his car.

@basstosse: I've removed you from the grid, let me know if you can make it after all.

@handycrap: hopefully you've sorted your network issue by now, shall I add you to the grid?

*EDIT* Please note that we can't use BHP limit 238 BHP. It has to be 236 BHP (which for some reason translates to 237 BHP).

Angst said:
Yeah, all tuning using the already existing parts and added, non-PP enhancing parts is ok. Remeber to use Racing Hard tyres only though.

I'll be in the lounge shortly if anyone wants to practice.

And remember to practice online, not in GT5 practice as grip is different there.

@seattle: I've added chim to the grid, he has number 3 and should put that number on his car.

@basstosse: I've removed you from the grid, let me know if you can make it after all.

@handycrap: hopefully you've sorted your network issue by now, shall I add you to the grid?

*EDIT* Please note that we can't use BHP limit 238 BHP. It has to be 236 BHP (which for some reason translates to 237 BHP).

What´s that in traditional HP?

I always confuse the PS, HP, BHP and similar terms.

Angst said:

Yea I'm not sure what's going on...whenever I boot GT5 it kicks me off PSN and now I can't even access my account on G-T.com because it's under maintenance or something. As soon as it clears up I will let you know but you can add me to the grid under "tentative."

Also, why down to 236 now? I went into my options and strapped on my exhaust and it brought me to 238. Am I going to have to scale my engine power?

f0rk said:
On GVS I'm around 1:09:5, so I guess everyone else who's tried is on 1:07s.

I did a test run yesterday (with dual shock) just to check tyre wear and other stuff, did about 10 laps and I was around 1.10 all the time, 1.09,6 I think was my best so it's going to be close. Some people will push harder and pit, maybe twice, though.

Dibbz

I might not be able to make it this Saturday. I've got to go to a friends wedding and might not be back till late. I'll try to make it but don't wait for me.

Angst

Ok, Dibbz. Just join us if you make it back in time.

60 laps Nascar on Daytona next week? :p I dunno, it might be a nice change of pace. Next week will be the final race before the summer for me as well.

ashk

Just bought myself the Integra and did a few laps on GVS East. Such a nice car, it handles beautifully. Great choice everyone :)

Angst said:
Ok, Dibbz. Just join us if you make it back in time.

60 laps Nascar on Daytona next week? :p I dunno, it might be a nice change of pace. Next week will be the final race before the summer for me as well.

I think that´s awesome, and after that we should do a 10 lap race in those same Nascars on Daytona ROAD, to spice things up.

About this weeks race, setups will be crucial. I already went back and fourth with the downforce settings, and nothing seems to make much difference.

At least brake bias proved to be somewhat effective.

Alright all of my network problems have been sorted. I've been doing some private practice online on GVE and have been consistently in the 1.10.5 area. I think my best was 1.10 dead.

Angst

NOO.... not again. :/ I've left a message for him in our old substitute chatting place, don't know if he still checks it though.

It's hard to find an aggressive tune that won't be too aggresive... I think I'm going to hook up my DFGT in a little while and do some serious practice, I have to beat that 1.08'8! :p Gotta do some Autumn Ring as well.

PS: MM :( Hope he can come back, we aren't many ibéricos here in GAF :p

Polyphony

Sigh, I can't make it once again. After a wedding last week, now it's another engagement dinner on Saturday. Should be a fun race though with the Integra ;).

ashk said:
Update: got down to 1:08.2, 08.1 is possible. Gonna start practicing on Autumn Ring tomorrow.

And I'm around .3 behind you, my best was 1:08.6 :D I guess even 08.0 could be done but it is definitely too risky for a race.

I've done a couple of laps on AR and I got to 1:21.0 from 1:22.6 in 3 laps... pretty sure there is a lot of room for improvement. Oh and the tyres will suffer a lot more I think.

Angst

Mush said:
Just letting you know I still exist and I intend to compete this weekend.
Sounds good mush. Your car is number 10, remember to put the number on your car as well :)

To everybody: Please put the right number on your car, paint it in your desired colour and then share it in GT5, I want to get a pic of your car in the OP.

Mush

Angst said:
Sounds good mush. Your car is number 10, remember to put the number on your car as well :)

To everybody: Please put the right number on your car, paint it in your desired colour and then share it in GT5, I want to get a pic of your car in the OP.
faZ5ol.jpg

Does this suffice? ;)

Angst

Mush said:
Hmm, I can't seem to log on to gran-turismo.com. Are you able to?
Down for maintenance, but I'll look at it tonight. You can still use a car that is shared, so just leave it shared for awhile.

brentech

Sad I have to miss this race. I remember joining a random service a while ago racing these cars. Was pretty fun.

Alas, we have family coming over and I gotta grill, host, and all that.

Angst

That's awesome Juicy Bob, you've been added to the grid with #16, which is the number that goes on your car.

#16? Yep, that's right, we have a full grid:
Thank God I didn't pick Eiger, it would have been chaos
Angst said:
Players Participating (16/16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - Risk Breaker
  • 03 - chimilosky
  • 04 - MikeDub
  • 05 - Niks
  • 06 - G Rom tentative
  • 07 - Seattle6418
  • 08 - ashk
  • 09 - f0rk
  • 10 - mush
  • 11 - Dibbz
  • 12 - Metalmurphy
  • 13 - gynoug79
  • 14 - Handycrap101
  • 15 - UFRA tentative
  • 16 - Juicy Bob

There are two tentatives on the list though, so if more people want to participate just let me know here and I'll add you to the grid as reserves. It's a rare race where everyone shows up, so the chance of one or two reserves being able to participate is pretty high.

UFRA

I hope I can make it guys, this looks like it will be awesome.

I already have this car so it works out perfectly. I have mine painted blue.

Top Bottom