• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

f0rk

Risk Breaker said:
I hope people are extra careful in the first couple of laps :p The first turn in GVE is not exactly crowd friendly.

I think turn 3 into 4 will be worse, you can go pretty quick down that hill.

UFRA said:
I hope I can make it guys, this looks like it will be awesome.

I already have this car so it works out perfectly. I have mine painted blue.

Good taste :D This is my baby:

iIucLl.jpg

QPShel.jpg

tcsaEl.jpg

This colour looks so damn good to me (after two fucking hours looking for the right it should be).

This reminds me of how many pictures I have to post in the OT. Hmmm.

f0rk said:
I think turn 3 into 4 will be worse, you can go pretty quick down that hill.

Yes... specially on cold tyres and with oversteery setups. Oh god.

Angst

Yeah, what Niks said. If you feel like it you can add us once we're in the lounge as that's a lot easier. You only need the GAFSuperGT account to be able to race. On race day, go to the Community tab, find the GAFSuperGT account and go to it's lounge. We also do practice sessions there. And if you want to practice it's a good idea to do it there as you might get company.

I'll try to practice tonight at ~22.00 CET.

G Rom

If I race saturday, this will be my ride :
5890723380_7205ae27ac_b.jpg

All those colors + nearly full/full grid should make for beautiful photos ! :)

I think i can say, nobody has an Integra as pretty as mine

;)

I don´t know how to post the pictures here, but the car is shared for avatar purposes.

f0rk

During the practice today my brand new PC that I wasn't touching at the time died :/ Should still be there for the race but might drive angry if it isn't fixed!

Juicy Bob

GT servers still appear to be down to me. I hope we're able to race tomorrow because I'm having to get up super-early again!

Here's my beast that I'll be entering supposing things go smoothly.

MikeDub said:
last race? :eek:

Yeah, tomorrow morning I'll be off for a month and a half or so. Obviously no wheel or time to race, gotta take care of my little nieces as well :')

I'll be back after summer though, I hope people are still willing to race (and Angst willing to organize :p) because I sure as hell will.

Angst

Angst said:
Players Participating (16/16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - Risk Breaker
  • 03 - chimilosky
  • 04 - MikeDub
  • 05 - Niks
  • 06 - G Rom tentative
  • 07 - Seattle6418
  • 08 - ashk
  • 09 - f0rk
  • 10 - mush
  • 11 - Dibbz
  • 12 - Metalmurphy
  • 13 - gynoug79
  • 14 - Handycrap101
  • 15 - UFRA tentative
  • 16 - Juicy Bob
  • 17 - SunhiLegend reserve

Please note your number on the grid and put that number on your car!

We have a full grid + 1 reserve today, so I'll ask everyone to be there on time, i.e. 22.00 at the latest. If you're not there at that time I'll give your spot to the reserve. If you know that you'll be joining a little late, PM me and you'll keep your spot. I've pushed back the start time to 22.20.

Race procedure:
Lounge opens - 20.00 CET
Lounge reset - 22.00 CET
Qualifications start - 22.00 CET
Race start 22.20 CET
Laps:
1. Grand Valley East - 30 laps
2. Autumn Ring, 26 laps​

Some updates.

Chimilosky said:
That's Cool, now I have two accounts
lol
after 8 months waiting =p

So I'll use this one no Kayque =]

Was about time. Welcome abord BRGP driver #2.

Or would it be, driver #1?

No Ferrari orders here.

I guess EFJ also got his account activated, i´ll talk to him later to see.

Regarding this week, i´m still torn on the pit stops, no stops thing.

On Grand Valley a pit stop is worth 30 seconds, and the tires wear out uneven. I´ll try to test this tire wear thing later on, hadn´t had much time during week, and i was working on a saturday until minutes ago.

Angst

Drive slower and save the tyres, or go faster and do one or two pit stops? You do know you're allowed to do pit stops?

No mandatory stops though.

ashk

Angst said:
Drive slower and save the tyres, or go faster and do one or two pit stops? You do know you're allowed to do pit stops?

No mandatory stops though.

Go fast and do no pit stops :p It's possible but I have no idea if it's faster than doing one stop. I'll probably be deciding in the middle of the race like I did the last two weekends :p

The problem if you push for 1´07s is that in the end you might be doing 1´13s or so.

It´s really a tough choice and i think for the first time we might have actual pit strategy on this one.

I´m still on the fence.

Angst

ashk said:
Go fast and do no pit stops :p It's possible but I have no idea if it's faster than doing one stop. I'll probably be deciding in the middle of the race like I did the last two weekends :p
That doesn't work for me :/ For me it's "go semi-fast, do lots of pit stops".

UGh.. I can't make it. I think I'm late as it is and let people know I'm alive and I really want to be in the next one of these.

Ive been helping a friend move all day and I completely forgot about this.

Angst

Handycrap101 said:
UGh.. I can't make it. I think I'm late as it is and let people know I'm alive and I really want to be in the next one of these.

Ive been helping a friend move all day and I completely forgot about this.
No worries, join us next week.

UFRA

Sorry I didn't make it guys.

As of yesterday my modem took a crap and was getting download speeds of 0.5 Mb/s... For some reason the upload speed was just fine, but the download speed was crawling.

Just moments ago the technician left my house and I have a shiny new modem now.

It's a good thing I didn't participate in this condition though, or I would have definitely lagged the hell out of the race and made everyone hate me lol.

G Rom

Amazing first race, great battles all around.
My setup was awful on Autumn Ring though and I was destroying my tires. I had to let the leader pass on my last stint too. Terrible second race for me. :p

So tired :p Congrats to nab for the exciting win and to seattle, that had two unfortunate races and still fought for the victory. And well, to everyone because we had a very nice grid and not too many incidents.

Am I the only one that didn't pit at all? I thought it was the right tactic in GVE but yeah, not in AR... it's a lot harder on the tyres. 3 less laps though and maybe I could've won too.

Also, note to self: next time, deactivate the "auto-turn off" feature of the TV. At least a HUGE menu appears telling you that the TV will soon turn off instead of doing it suddenly.

Angst

I had to pit two times at AR. My tyres were gone after 7-8 laps and I just fell through the grid, it sort of paid off though as I passed gynoug and f0rk and ended up 7th. If I had tried with only one pit stop I would have done 2:00 laps...

ashk

Awesome two races, very fun and exciting. There was some close racing in both which was great. Also, I liked that I was the one doing the catching up in both races, I feel much less pressure that way than if I was leading :p

Angst

UFRA said:
Sorry I didn't make it guys.

As of yesterday my modem took a crap and was getting download speeds of 0.5 Mb/s... For some reason the upload speed was just fine, but the download speed was crawling.

Just moments ago the technician left my house and I have a shiny new modem now.

It's a good thing I didn't participate in this condition though, or I would have definitely lagged the hell out of the race and made everyone hate me lol.
No worries UFRA, shit happens. I missed Dibbz in the line-up as well.

Some thoughts regarding next week - would it be possible to do a WRC race on Chamonix - Main or will that just be a clusterfuck with all the snow fog?

Gynoug79

Awesome races for me tonight ! Not the best positions in the end but i dont care as long we have such close and clean battles till the end !

Angst said:
Some thoughts regarding next week - would it be possible to do a WRC race on Chamonix - Main or will that just be a clusterfuck with all the snow fog?

We tried this and it was exciting but in the end a clusterfuck due to no vision at all....

Top Bottom