• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

MikeDub said:
29z239k.jpg

Perfect pic... of my only damage in the two races.

I (blue) ate that yellow car with all of my love and had to do the next three (superfast) turns with the wheel sideways. I think I touched seattle then...

Mush

Warm bed is warm.

(OK it was worth getting up for a bit to race with you guys again. I had fun until I was taken out mid way through on GVS, but hey, that's racing. Thanks everyone <3)

Risk Breaker said:
Perfect pic... of my only damage in the two races.

I (blue) ate that yellow car with all of my love and had to do the next three (superfast) turns with the wheel sideways. I think I touched seattle then...

Everything in that picture was all Seattles doing! Oh and props again to Juicy Bob, dude is dedicated, hope he had a great time.

G Rom

Some photos of the first laps of GVS. Didn't watch the whole thing yet and didn't even start Autumn Ring.

Pimpmobile leading the pack out of the first corner !
lol.gif

Spa 98 #1

Spa 98 #2

MikeDub said:
Everything in that picture was all Seattles doing! Oh and props again to Juicy Bob, dude is dedicated, hope he had a great time.

Pretty much, i went on the inside of Laslow, but he didn´t went for the outside line, he turned to the inside and we touched, then i slowed down to wait for Laslow, but cars came on behind without slowing it down, we get out of that in third, and then i got taken to the grass on the downhill after T1, on that lap or on the next one.

Accidents happen, but i think the no damage thing left everybody a bit edgy tonight. I don´t know, i´ll watch the replays but it seems like people are not aware of where each car is, which happens to lead to a lot of accidents.

And most of that my friends, it´s all on the ridiculous draft system placed on GT5.

It keeps bunching cars up and making people go on top of the other. I did made some clear mistakes, but the general feeling i got there on the end is that races on tracks with huge straightways are a pain, because you can never clear one guy and it creates an artificial situation where everybody is overtaking everybody in every corner, which often leads to wrecks.

That been said, on the subject with Laslow, i could of done it differently, so the whole post is not really about that wreck.

I´ll try to make sense tomorrow.

Settings used, would be nice to compare:

lsd 5/15/5
brakes 4/8
downforce full
gears 230 and 210
suspension
-25 -25
15.0/7.0
10/1
10/1
7/1
0.0/0.0
0.50/0.00

Thanks for posting more pictures guys, looks beautiful.

Yeah light damage makes everyone a little bit more aggressive even if they don't want to. I mean, I only slightly touched ashk's car like... maybe three times in both races? But it was a predictable situation. I remember in AR you came from behind when I was trying to overtake ashk and didn't really know what you would do so I tried to stay as close to ashk as possible, and there isn't much room for error in those turns :( But I think it was a cleaner race than last week overall.

Draft sucks, specially online, and I try to use it as little as possible because it feels cheap and it's a lot easier to crash. It sucks because it makes you go faster even in a short (after turn 1 in GVE) straight and actually makes you go slower if you don't want to eat the guy in front of you.

Here's my setup:

Aero: 15/20
Transmission: 240km/h in both races, forgot to change
LSD: 10/27/8
Suspension:
-Height: -20/-24
-Springs: 10.1/6.4 (a little softer in GVE I think)
-Extension: 7/4
-Compression: 5/3
-AR Bars: 3/5
-Camber: 2.0/1.5
-Toe: -0.10/-0.10
Brake balance: 4/7

Just tried yours for 5 laps in AR: quick and very responsive, if a bit hard on a tires. Nice to be able to see why you had more "problems" in some turns and viceversa.

Would love to see ashk's!

ashk

I dunno, I think I drive the same regardless of damage level. I had some light touching in the corners with various people in both races, nothing to cause damage in either case, but with these kinds of cars I think it's unavoidable/necessary? They are pretty much touring cars after all. It helps that you aren't racing with random people and can trust that the other guy won't try to do anything stupid.

I also wanted to add that maybe the races were a bit too long for me :( After the first one I was already pretty worn out and couldn't get into a rhythm on Autumn Ring (my best time on Friday was 18.6, during the quali I only managed a 19.4). I also sucked a bit during the beginning of the race. But it was very exciting and that kept me going until the end.

Here's my setup (similar to Risk Breaker's it seems :) ):

Aero: 15/25
LSD: 10/27/6
Suspension:
-25/-25
11.5/5
7/4
5/3
3/5
Tyres:
2/1.5
-0.10/0.15
Brakes: 5/6
Transmission: 210 and 240

I'll come out and admit that I can take absolutely no credit for this setup, as much as I would like to fiddle with the tuning I don't have the time, so I usually just try different tunes and choose the best one for me.

Angst

Race 1, Grand Valley East:
  • 1. Risk Breaker
  • 2. Ashk +3.254
  • 3. Seattle6418 +17.215
  • 4. MikeDub +26.884
  • 5. Niks +30.721
  • 6. chimilosky +33.839
  • 7. Juicy Bob +49.787
  • 8. Angst +1:10.558
  • 9. Gynoug79 +1:15.085
  • 10. G Rom +1:20.106
  • 11. f0rk +1:22.093
  • 12. Mush +1:52.471
  • 13. SunhiLegend +2:23.719

Race 2, Autumn Ring:
  • 1. ashk
  • 2. Seattle6418 +4.901
  • 3. Risk Breaker +7.688
  • 4. chimilosky +30.062
  • 5. MikeDub +31.610
  • 6. Niks +31.676
  • 7. Angst +1:02.502
  • 8. f0rk +1:19.446
  • 9. Gynoug79 +1:19.598
  • 10. Juicy Bob +1:23.088
  • 11. G Rom +1:35.868

Overall Result:
  • 1. ashk
  • 2. Risk Breaker
  • 3. Seattle6418
  • 4. MikeDub
  • 5. chimilosky
  • 6. Niks
  • 7. Angst
  • 8. Juicy Bob
  • 9. Gynoug79
  • 10. f0rk
  • 11. G Rom
  • 12. Mush One race
  • 13. SunhilegendOne race

Angst

I want you to vote for one of these events + whether we use light or heavy damage.

Corvette RM Trophy:

Nordschleife Impreza vs Lancer RM Trophy:(both will be at same BHP + weight)

Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo Trophy:

Angst

I vote Impreza vs Lancer + heavy damage.

Remember that these cars, like the Integra, aren't as fragile as the Super GT and LMP cars. They can take a lot of bumps before falling apart, whereas the LMP cars broke down if you looked at them the wrong way.

*Edit* The fuck happened to the front wheel arch of the Impreza? Low LOD model? Because it doesn't look that bad in-game.

f0rk

Amuse S2000 GT1 + Heavy Damage.

Love that car!

Not 100% I'll be there though, the internet in my new accommodation is provided by a dodgy company that seem to want to charge me for anything that isn't browsing on 1 computer.

ashk

I vote for the Amuse S2000, no damage preference. The Nordschleife is always fun but I'd rather it be a one make race as one car will always be better no matter what.

Round and Toxa should be back.

I don´t know why you guys are not taking part in these races. :p

This week last chance before summer (winter for me) break.

One more thing:

Angst, Mush or Ufra, i would like to ask any of you to watch the autumn ring race, from laps 7-10, from my point of view (outside of car), to see the battle betweek myself and the cars i was trying to pass.

Is that considered normal, and i´m stretching it to think it was blocking? Or maybe i´m not that crazy?

l2ounD

seattle6418 said:
Round and Toxa should be back.

I don´t know why you guys are not taking part in these races. :p

This week last chance before summer (winter for me) break.

I should have done the rsx one, since I love the car and currently drive one. :D

My saturday afternoons have opened up so I can do more races now. Toxa you should do the next one too!

Toxa

Angst said:
Yeah, no more excuses toxa!

@seattle - I'll look at the replay tonight

after the race at Monza Racing is bad for my health and my way of life xD maybe I'll change my mind but so far I'm officially retired for a while ;)

anyway use fulldamage for the next race otherwise ashk would be too happy :p

Dibbz

Sorry I couldn't make it this weekend guys and from the looks of the awesome G Rom pics it was amazing.

I'll put my vote in for the Nurb Subaru and Mitsubishi endurance. I'd say light damage for this one though.

Angst

Votes so far:

Car + Venue:
  • 6 votes for Impreza vs Lancer
  • 5 votes for Amuse S2000
  • 2 votes for Corvette

Heavy vs Light damage:
  • 7 votes for Heavy
  • 1 vote for light
  • 5 votes for "don't care or didn't specify

I really, really would like to do our last race at Nordschleife (the North Loop only, not the 24 hour layout) with dynamic time change. I did a couple of laps yesterday in the dusk and seeing the mist as the sun set was simply glorious. I saw ashk voiced concern that one of the cars would be faster, and that might be true. However, their specs are very similar and my tests showed that they do similar lap times as well. I actually went faster in the Lancer which has less BHP and weighs more, but I think that has to do with me getting a better lap in the Lancer. My impression is that they drive a bit differently and in the end it comes down to preference.
[/rant]

Voting closes at 24:00 CET (in 9.5 hours from now)

*EDIT* Dibbz vote sways the majority to Nordschleife. Still time to vote if you haven't yet.

Dibbz said:
Sorry I couldn't make it this weekend guys and from the looks of the awesome G Rom pics it was amazing.

I'll put my vote in for the Nurb Subaru and Mitsubishi endurance. I'd say light damage for this one though.
Yeah, I missed you on the grid. First race you've missed since the beginning so no hard feelings :)
ashk said:
Heavy damage is fine with me as long as it's a rolling start :p
If we go with Nordschleife + heavy we will do a rolling start as that sharp first left corner would kill half the field otherwise (would be hilarious for toxa seeing lots of cars doing u-turns to get back to the pit though). My thinking is that we do a parade crawl up to the first intermediary (first beep). I need to double check if that is a good location.

All three combos were nice, actually. Nurb will be great too.

I didn´t specify damage, and i don´t know what to say. I would be all for heavy damage, but that depends on how people will behave.

Can we get a few extra HP´s on those cars? Something like 400 or so... we already did a week of slow-slow car, so it could be a change. (personally would like fully tuned, since my cars would be ready).

Also, thanks for checking the AR replay.

Angst

Doesn't the risk of incidents increase exponentially with the increase of power/speed of the cars though?

Ok, I've looked through the first 13 laps from you perspective seattle.

1. Do you use a very high controller sensitivity? I felt sick watching your car snap into the corners :p

2. First incident. You pass Risk breaker in the first hairpin and then in the s-curves go wide, when you go back in ashk is in the spot on the driving line you want. Ashk has to veer out a bit to stay on the line and you bump into him. No foul play although you got really unlucky and spun out. I don't think that was a good spot to try an overtake as things like this was bound to happen - not a good spot to overtake. Your overtake of Risk Breaker in the first hairpin was really well done though.

3. MikeDub passes you when you are faced in the wrong direction and you spend about one lap to catch up to him. I guess the battle between you and him is the reason you voiced concern? I don't think MD did anything out of order, he defended his spot and wouldn't let you past, that much is true - but why should he? There was one or two incidents where I felt he should have given ground to you though - especially in turn 9 (after the second hairpin). You pass him going into turn 9 and you two go through the corner side by side. Either MD wasn't aware of you driving parallel to him, he has understeer, or he felt that he didn't want to let you past easily. What happens is that as MD goes through the corner he floats to the outside, where you are - ending up with you going out into the grass and slowing you down. Of course MD should have stuck to his line - the inside of the corner, but I can't really say that he did any foul play. Low grip on the front tyres probably meant he could either slow down and let you by or do what he did.

4. The rest of the battle I felt that you got as much as you gave - small bumps and the like, but no aggressive blocking.

If you really feel there was something wrong I'll need more details.

I have to say that in my replay of that race that I watched today paying special attention to that, I didn't bump seattle at all... in my screen. But in the moment of the incident I saw his car veer as if caused by a little lag spike so maybe he saw things differently in his screen. It also was difficult to see if he touched ashk in my replay but what's clear is that sadly he was very unlucky, it would've been too awesome to fight for the first place all three of us at the same time.

Sucks that I'm going to miss this last race because all options sound great but hey, we'll be back! I may join to spectate for a little while if I'm not too busy and there's room in the lounge :)

ashk

Risk Breaker said:
I have to say that in my replay of that race that I watched today paying special attention to that, I didn't bump seattle at all... in my screen. But in the moment of the incident I saw his car veer as if caused by a little lag spike so maybe he saw things differently in his screen. It also was difficult to see if he touched ashk in my replay but what's clear is that sadly he was very unlucky, it would've been too awesome to fight for the first place all three of us at the same time.

Sucks that I'm going to miss this last race because all options sound great but hey, we'll be back! I may join to spectate for a little while if I'm not too busy and there's room in the lounge :)

I've just watched the replay myself and saw the same things as you. Seattle probably got a lag spike at that moment, so maybe on his screen you hit him as his network lagged and didn't update you braking and turning. But in my game I couldn't see any contact between you and him, only him hitting me (probably caused by the same lag spike) and then he goes off.

The later part of Seattle's race seems fine, I couldn't see any blocking. All MikeDub was doing was moving from the racing line to protect the inside of the next corner, which was completely within his right.

I don't think I did anything wrong, there was a little bit of contact in general but if you ain't rubbing you ain't racing. I was operating under the idea that you get one move when you defend yourself, so I was sticking myself in the most awkward position for Seattle as I could.

I would like to add that it so hard to be aware of your surroundings in the heat of the moment, you can get into some real finger gymnastics just trying to look around in cockpit view let alone keep driving while you do it.

Angst

Yeah, I don't think you did anything wrong - as you say it's not an easy task to be aware of your surroundings at all times, especially in corners when you have to focus on doing the right line through said corner.

It wasn´t anything major, i just wanted a second opinion. It´s a bit different when you race using the outside view, like i do.

Like i said in the lobby, i did some maneuvers i shouldn´t done, and considering the lag, i would like to see what others think.

There was an incident on S1, in Grand Valley, where Toxa swears i hit his car, but nothing showed up to me, only his car slowing down.

On the move with Ashk, i felt weird because i thought there was plenty of space to go for the outside line, but suddenly my car bounces and i agree that was most definately a lag spike.

On the incident with Laslow, i was thinking that it was a situation like David Coulthard and Enrique Bernoldi (Monaco 2001), where Coulthard got off the car thinking Bernoldi was holding him up, but in the end it was not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWPBNVZKdc

:p

Niks

Toxa said:
after the race at Monza Racing is bad for my health and my way of life xD

No offense but are you 60 years old or something? Not being disrespectful, but truly wondering why do you say its bad for your health.

Angst

Nordschleife Impreza vs Lancer Endurance Trophy

Race starts in:
t1310241600z0.png

Allowed car:
BHP / Weight
384 BHP, 1080 kg
Tuning allowed:
All non-PP affecting upgrades
PP affecting upgrades allowed:
  • Sports ECU
  • Sports Intake Manifold
  • Sports Air filter
  • Sports Exhaust Manifold
  • Catalytic Converter: Sports
  • Titanium Racing Exhaust (comes with RM, needs to be equipped)
AYC Controller for the Lancer Evo is allowed
Tuning guide:
For those not aware of this excellent site, check out GT5-tuning.com
Lancer Evo tunes
Impreza tunes
Tyre Selection
Racing Hard​
Track:
Nürburgring Nordschleife / Change Time
Track Guide
Map with section names
Time of Day:
When Lounge resets time will be set to 17.30 with a x2 acceleration. Race start will be at ~19.00 IGT (In Game Time). Race finish will be at ~21.00 IGT.
Laps:
9 (65 minutes)
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS, Manual or Automatic Gearbox​

Players Participating (16/16):
  • 01 - G Rom
  • 02 - Gynoug79
  • 03 - Angst
  • 04 - basstosse
  • 05 - f0rk
  • 06 - Niks
  • 07 - [In//Effect-Mode]
  • 08 - MikeDub
  • 09 - ashk
  • 10 - Chimilosky
  • 11 - seattle6418
  • 12 - l2ound
  • 13 - Dibbz
  • 14 - Ardenyal
  • 15 - Mush tentative
  • 16 - gutterboy44 tentative
  • R1 - Dead Man
  • R2 - SunhiLegend
  • R3 -

Please note your number on the grid and put that number on your car! (Niks, you too)

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 19.00 CET
Lounge reset - 21.45 CET
Qualifications start - 21.45 CET
Race start 22.30 CET

Please note the earlier qualification start time.

Due to the long track we will start qualifications at 21.45 CET. You don't have to do laps for 45 minutes and you don't have to show up until race start, but this longer qualification period gives people a chance to set a time they are happy with. For the same reason we won't do any scheduled practice races.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Nordschleife is a narrow and difficult track, so be extra careful when overtaking / getting overtaken. If you miss a brake point with a car behind you he will try to overtake you. Do not try to block as that will most certainly lead to a long and slow trek to the pits.

If you want to overtake you have to wait for a good and safe opportunity!

"PARADE LAP"

We will do a parade at 60 mph / 90 kmh. Race starts at the beep of the first intermediate time. This is at Quiddelbacher (see map), on the straight after the S-curves in the beginning. Start accelerating when you hear the beep.

Credit and thanks to Metalmurphy for nice formatting

Mush

I'm not doubting you Angst or anything, but as I'm sure you're aware, one model is a Rally Car and the other is based off a Time Attack circuit car. Have you tested the performance differences between the two (if there are any)?

Top Bottom