• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

I take it you weren't online on GT5 during the time of save hacking and cars with 10,000 horse power and perfect handling? PP restrictions and car restricted events didn't prevent these things in private lobbies either.

That's one of the reasons I play Shuffle Races exclusively.

Denur

Career mode is there in GT6, alive and kicking, way more interesting than GT5's was and more varied. Everything is there, from Licenses, slow start, money collecting, car upgrading, Mission races, One Make races, tuning, championships, dirt races, etc, etc, etc. It is not going anywhere.
I'm glad to read this. As a person who hardly ever races on-line, I find the off-line experience to be very important. I am a bit worried though about how easy golding licenses and challenges appear to be. Only last week I started playing GT4 again and was quickly reminded how challenging golding some of the events are. That was great stuff. :) What is your experience getting gold in GT6 events: Just right, too easy or too hard?

Another cleaned up Standard:

bQJUtHj.jpg

However, like I said earlier, not every Standard car was so lucky:

Ted

Only 25,4% finished the Beginner championship...that means 74,6% did not even get to Amateur. I think it's a huge issue...especially if they resold their game!.

I doubt this accounts for all of the drop off shown by the trophies but GT5 is the kind of game that attracts alternative club accounts, for example I have a couple of accounts used exclusively for club events that have hardly raced any of A-Spec at all and have basically only been used online.

Also don't forget the car/ticket duping via the trade functionality. No doubt this created a significant number of alternative accounts that wouldn't progress through the game much if at all.

As promised, this is the issue I was talking about earlier that could potentially become a problem.

- http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/has-gt6-been-hacked-already.291164/

I don't care how people play the game on their own time offline away from everyone else, but if 10,000 horsepower cars with ludicrous grip and handling come back because of this, public and open games will be ruined forever.

At least PP / Car restricted rooms and password protected lobbies should circumvent most of this.

For fucks sake! As a host it was easy to restrict out the insanely high HP numbers but much harder to manage the hacked grip levels or, if you raced Nascar at Daytona, the reduced aero/tiny HP bumps.

That's one of the reasons I play Shuffle Races exclusively.

I also did a lot of this but it frustrates me having to be restricted because others want to play "their way" and insist it "doesn't have any effect on anyone else play".

Hopefully the online lobby host tools are more sophisticated this time round so we can set the regulations for the room in a more granular way but given no-one has seen this element yet I'm just going to have to cross my fingers (and my toes, and my legs, and my...).

[EDIT - Just stepped out to view the video and it seems the issue is only with credit numbers, so this could be a review copy. I [stupidly] assumed it was a video of changes being made via a hex editor. Phew.]

red731

I....kinda want this.
The most I know about cars is sadly the fact that they have 4 wheels and names of car manufacturers.
I haven't bought GT5 and was reading here some impressions that this game is for new players as me.
I want a good(or pretty good) racing game that can last me some time.
So, is GT6 recomended for people like me?

amar212

Online is where the fun/competition is. I'm gonna spend 1-2 hours snagging all the licenses, buy $10 worth of credit, grab a few cars and it's fully online from then on. I have no interest in taking part in even a single race in career mode.

You will need to play Career in order to finish Licenses, Mission Races and unlock Special Events though.

For me GT5 online racing was THE best gaming moments in entire generation.

I agree. New announced online features will be of the utmost importance.

Reminds me of the GT4 days, and with the PP system you can make the challenges as hard as you would like!

I find challenge in the field of going with 100-150PP less than recommended by the pre-race screen and with tire-compound 1 or 2 notch below recommended (if the AI field is running Sport Hard, I am using Comfort Soft. If they are using Sport Soft, I am using Sport Hard).

What is your experience getting gold in GT6 events: Just right, too easy or too hard?

Same as in GT5, nowhere near the legendary levels of GT2 or GT4. Unfortunately, SRF is mandatory in License Test as well in some other SP modes.

Of course since there were no PD sanctioned online events like there were in Prologue, online in GT5 was a big free for all, so it may have been a bit harder to find good players. .

Fortunately, Quick Race events will be part of the online modes since the Day 1.

There was no getting to amateur in gt5, it was all unlocked from the start wasn't it?

I'm not sure if I finished any of the ranks, I ignored the tedious looking ones.

panty

I`m wondering about Yellowbird, 2J and Merc 190 EVOII DTM...

Posting an updated list of upgraded Standard cars below:

Alpine A110 1600S '73
Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe '00
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03
Aston Martin V8 Vantage '99
Audi S4 '98
Blitz ER34 D1 SPEC '04
Buick Special
Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90
Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX Avanzato R '97
Daihatsu MIRA TR-XX Avanzato R '97
Dodge Charger 440 R/T '70
Ford Focus Rally car '99 (only seams)
Ford Focus RS '02 (only seams)
Ford Focus ST170 '03 (only seams)
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
Ford RS200 '84
Ford RS200 Rally Car '85
Gran Turismo Formula Gran Turismo
Holden Commodore SS '04
Honda ACCORD Couple EX '03
Honda CR-X del Sol SiR '92
Honda FIT W '01
Honda JAZZ 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01
Honda PRELUDE Si VTEC '91
Hyundai Coupe FX '01 (but NOT the Hyundai Tiburon/Tuscani)
Isuzu PIAZZA XE '81
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car
Mazda efini RX-7 Type R (FD) '93
Mazda efini RX-7 Type R-S (FD) '95
Mazda efini RX-7 Type RS (FD) '96
Mazda efini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '92
Mazda efini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '93
Mazda efini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '95
Mazda efini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '96
Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited II (NA) '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster SR-Limited (NA) '97
Mazda Eunos Roadster S-Special Type I (NA) '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special Type II (NA) '93
Mazda Eunos Roadster VR-Limited (NA) '95
Mazda MX-5 (NA) '89
Mazda MX-5 VR-Limited (NA, J) '95
Mazda MX-5 V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93
Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited (NA, J) '91
Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
Mazda MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA, J) '97
Mazda MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93
Mazda MX-5 Miata VR-Limited (NA) '95
Mazda MX-5 J-Limited (NA, J) '91
Mazda MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
Mazda MX-5 S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95
Mazda RX-7 Type R (FD, J) '91
Mazda RX-7 Type R (FD, J) '93
Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst R (FD) '01
Mazda RX-7 Type R-S (FD, J) '95
Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD, J) '96
Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD, J) '97
Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD) '00
Mazda RX-7 Type RS-R (FD, J) '97
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) '92
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) '93
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) '95
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) '96
Mercedes-Benz CL 600 '00
Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00
Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Kompressor '98
Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '95
Mitsubishi COLT 1.5 Sport X Version '02
Mitsubishi ECLIPSE Spyder GTS '03
Mitsubishi FTO GR '97
Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R '99
Mitsubishi FTO GT '94
Mitsubishi GTO SR '95
Mitsubishi MINICA DANGAN ZZ '89
NISMO 400R '96
NISMO GT-R LM Road Going Version '95
Nissan 240RS Rally Car '85
Nissan 240SX '96
Nissan 240SX (S14) '96
Nissan 240ZG (HS30) '71
Nissan 300ZX 2by2 (Z32) '98
Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89
Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '98
Nissan Be-1 '87
Nissan EXA Canopy L.A. Version Type S '88
Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71
Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX (Z31) '83
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Version S TwinTurbo 2by2 (Z32) '98
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Version R TwinTurbo 2by2 (Z32) '98
Nissan BLUEBIRD 1600 Deluxe (510) '69
Nissan BLUEBIRD Rally Car (510) '69
Nissan PAO '89
Nissan PRIMERA 20V '01
Nissan PRIMERA 20V (EU) '01
Nissan R390 GT1 '98
Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98
Nissan SILVIA 240RS (S110) '83
Nissan SILVIA K's AERO (S14) '96
Nissan SILVIA Q's AERO (S14) '96
Nissan SKYLINE 1500Deluxe (S50D-1) '63
Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) '95
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) '96
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) '97
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R N1 (R33) '95
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-Spec (R33) '95
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-Spec (R33) '96
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-Spec (R33) '97
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-Spec LM Limited (R33) '96
Nissan SKYLINE Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70
Opel Calibra Touring Car '94
Opel Speedster '00
Opel Speedster Turbo '00
Opel Vectra 3.2 V6 '03 (only seams)
Pagani Zonda C12 '00
Pagani Zonda C12S '00
Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02
Plymouth Superbird '70
Pontiac Sunfure GXP Concept '02
Seat Ibiza Cupra '04
Shelby Series One Super Charged '03
Suzuki V6 ESCUDO Pikes Peak Special '98
RUF 3400S '00
RUF BTR '86
RUF CTR Yellow Bird '87
RUF CTR2 '96
RUF RGT '00
Tommykaira ZZ-S '00
Toyota ALTEZZA AS200 '98
Toyota ALTEZZA RS200 '98
Toyota ALTEZZA Touring Car
Toyota CELICA SS-II (ZZT231) '99
Toyota COROLLA LEVIN GT-APEX (AE86) '83
Toyota ist 1.5S '02
Toyota SOARER 430SCV '01
Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86) '83
Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) '00
Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/standards-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly.291012/page-6

JamboGT

I hope the black sections of the window are updated on the Civic Type Rs, they looked pretty good apart from that on 5.

The CLk Touring Car is improved? Looking forward to seeing that, it was probably one of the worst.

prarts

Some (many?) of them are a really strange choice to put additional working hours.
Hmmm, maybe others, more iconic standards cars (like mentioned Merc or Chaparral) are planned for premium and therefore not touched up?
One can dream.

Another cleaned up Standard:

Eeesh, wish they would have cleaned the text up on all the standards at least. Still, nice to see they improved quite a few.

Any changes to the damage modeling for the premium cars or do they still melt? Pretty neat to scratch the paint to hell, crack windows and knock off side mirrors in Forza 5.

- in some special events hood cam becomes truck cam. Its really funny.
- why are the damn cockpits are so dark?

Apart from those career mode seems good, only stuff i'd complain would be damage model and sounds.

Also is it me or there are way less prize autos than previous games?

Oh dear. I thought they were improving all of them. Are they planning to update them all with patches? That FTO is improved to the point where it wouldn't look too out of place racing next to it. The BMW on the other hand... I don't ever want to see that in front of me.

hort22

I....kinda want this.
The most I know about cars is sadly the fact that they have 4 wheels and names of car manufacturers.
I haven't bought GT5 and was reading here some impressions that this game is for new players as me.
I want a good(or pretty good) racing game that can last me some time.
So, is GT6 recomended for people like me?

like you am not really a car person...did get 5 right before the xl edition came out and had a pretty good time with it while playing strictly offline...so much so that I'm gonna get 6 on Friday, if that says anything.

I assume it is the photo from the, "shocking new screenshot thread" in the gtplanet.com forums? Spoiler? Really? It's a racing game, and the content of the pic had already been widely discussed. Hell, this very
thread title references it!

No one will be that surprised about it, but is pretty great nonetheless. But just so I'm not an asshole....

MASSIVE GT6 SPOILER BELOW! DO NOT CLICK LINK IF GT6 CONTENT THAT HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED MONTHS AGO WILL SOME HOW SPOIL AN ENTIRE GAME FOR YOU!!!

The link of the screen shot is in spoiler tags. On mobile GAF, do not click the spoiler bar or else you will open the image.
Edit: Looks like GAF auto URL tags urls. I don't what purpose the spoiler tag for the link is serving, the jpg title does not reveal the content but I will leave it spoilers for now. It shouldn't show up on anyones browser since it isn't in the img tags. Let me know and I will just delete the http:// from the beginning of the link

dubc35

Same as in GT5, nowhere near the legendary levels of GT2 or GT4. Unfortunately, SRF is mandatory in License Test as well in some other SP modes.
So very disappointing. All License tests?

If they want to make it easier for people new to the series, why not have some pop-up if you fail the test a couple times in a row, like "There are driving assists to help you if you would like to use them..." instead of forcing it on us. :(

malyce

You will need to play Career in order to finish Licenses, Mission Races and unlock Special Events though.

1 step forward, 2 steps backwards. Merging the license tests with the offline portion of the game so you're forced to play career mode is stupid for those of us that have no interest in it.

So very disappointing. All License tests?

If they want to make it easier for people new to the series, why not have some pop-up if you fail the test a couple times in a row, like "There are driving assists to help you if you would like to use them..." instead of forcing it on us. :(

Wow, that is a bummer. SRF is absolute ass and makes the cars handle like crap (assuming it behaves the same as GT5). Like you said, why not leave it off for those who want it off and do the fail to assists option? It is like basic game design completely eludes PD. License tests are the one thing worth keeping from the GT legacy. They just need to make the content the effect differently instead of walling off so many of the events.

Top Bottom