• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

bigol

There are some early walkthroughson youtube that show somelong loading times when trying to start the races.
Some races will only start after 30 seconds after you press the START RACE button.
How was it in GT5?

1 step forward, 2 steps backwards. Merging the license tests with the offline portion of the game so you're forced to play career mode is stupid for those of us that have no interest in it.

haven't liscense test always been apart of the offline portion?

dalin80

Banned
1 step forward, 2 steps backwards. Merging the license tests with the offline portion of the game so you're forced to play career mode is stupid for those of us that have no interest in it.

Including an online mode is stupid for those of us who have no interest in it. At least for you its a few hours of inconvenience, for me it was the knowledge that some of PD's resources was always being wasted on online.

prarts

Including an online mode is stupid for those of us who have no interest in it. At least for you its a few hours of inconvenience, for me it was the knowledge that some of PD's resources was always being wasted on online.
2366397-troll_or_serious.jpg

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Any news on if the game lets you choose what time of day you want to start in at races or even at practice races?
Like can i select the start of the race to be at night, dusk, dawn?

I know this is a longshot, knowing this being Polyphony, & they refuse to evolve.

In GT5, ALL the tracks with 24 real time settings starting in the morning & progressed through that.

JamboGT

Any news on if the game lets you choose what time of day you want to start in at races or even at practice races?
Like can i select the start of the race to be at night, dusk, dawn?

I know this is a longshot, knowing this being Polyphony, & they refuse to evolve.

In GT5, ALL the tracks with 24 real time settings starting in the morning & progressed through that.

Umm, you could set the exact time of day you wanted it to start (well, in ten minute increments) and the weather for those that allowed it in GT5?

In A-Spec it was fixed times if thats what you mean?

Some GT.com updates

Vision GT teasers

i1vzt8mzlrq9hcajiew.jpg

i1fgbhhyhkvuymfed2.jpg

i1b7c8uaeor9whqceh.jpg

i1u3pvq9yrqmtbeuekn.jpg

i1scj88e6btxlzljf0t.jpg

Red Bull X series

Following on from the popular collaboration with Red Bull revealed at the launch of GT5 that spawned the Adrian Newey-designed ultimate race car, the Red Bull X2010, Gran Turismo 6 will go even further by featuring three new Red Bull cars: the Red Bull X2014 Fan car (X2014/F), the Red Bull X2014 Standard car (X2014/S) and the Red Bull X2014 Junior car (X2014/J). These three cars were designed by Polyphony Digital Inc. in collaboration with Adrian Newey, Chief Technical Officer of four-time F1 champions Red Bull Racing.

Mercedes M4 Coupe

Present at Ronda and Ascari Race Resort for the launch of Gran Turismo 6 was a camouflaged version of the yet-to-be-launched BMW M4 Coupé. The stunning new car – shown publicly only as a concept until now - will go on sale in 2014. Thanks to an innovative collaboration with BMW "M" GmbH, Polyphony Digital enjoyed unprecedented early access to the car during its development phase in order to meticulously recreate the M4 Coupé for Gran Turismo 6. It will be made available through a free update shortly after the release of GT6, allowing car enthusiasts around the world to drive it before it arrives in BMW showrooms. More news on the unveiling is expected soon!

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1155354.html

The official car list has also been updated to include the DeltaWing and NSX concept. Also, Lamborghini is now on board for a Vision GT car.

prarts

You think that everyone has an interest in online gaming?
You think that everyone has an disinterest in online gaming?
Seriously dalin, why not have both: online and offline modes? Having options man! I don`t see it as a waste of resources, it`s a natural evolution of GT.
I`m still playing GT5, since day one. Three years. I`m sure that it wouldn`t be the case without online portion of the game.

Toxa

too much spoiler in this thread, I hate early release it ruins everything
I see people bashing a game they haven't played yet

dalin80

Banned
You think that everyone has an disinterest in online gaming?
Seriously dalin, why not have both: online and offline modes? Having options man! I don`t see it as a waste of resources, it`s a natural evolution of GT.
I`m still playing GT5, since day one. Three years. I`m sure that it wouldn`t be the case without online portion of the game.

It makes sense in the context of the comment I was replying to.

amar212

looks neat, like those old ps1 Namco controllers..

Original NegCon was the ultimate controller for GT1. I still have hopes some patent agreement could make it a new reality for the future. It is godly controller for the driving games.

-Amon-

Original NegCon was the ultimate controller for GT1. I still have hopes some patent agreement could make it a new reality for the future. It is godly controller for the driving games.

I really miss the NegCon. It was great with Wipeout / Wipeout XL too. And Ridge Racer of course ( it was designed for Ridge Racer 1 )

And F1 95 / 97. And Toca. And V Rally ... every racing game on the ps1.

Apparently, the BMW M4 Coupé will be free post-release DLC as well. So, that's 29 cars for free so far.

Probably in the 30's actually. Because the NSX Concept, X1's and DeltaWing's were all added to the car list. So it looks like they'll be part of the Day 1 patch.

The amount of smoke you get when drifting in GT5/6 is a little over the top....
The production of smoke itself seems fine. The problem is with the dispersion. It "lingers" too long. The amount the wind blows and the cars aerodynamics should cause the smoke to disperse more quickly.

malyce

haven't liscense test always been apart of the offline portion?

License tests have always been a separate entity. In previous titles you could opt to marathon them or complete them as you progressed through the game. This is different. It's actually tied into the career mode, so you have no choice but to play through it. It's a dumb idea.

Online>>>>>Offline as it adds infinite replayability to the game. If you prefer the single player experience then that's fine. However, to say PD is wasting resources on online is absurd. The ideal model would be a COD-esque where you're presented with Online/Career at the main menu. You shouldn't have to be forced to play a portion of the game that's not enjoyable to you. Online players get the shorter end of the stick and they have to sit through career mode, while the online portion of the game is totally optional for the Offline players.

amar212

Well, this one is damn interesting.

On the very SCEE press vault there is bunch of PR texts from today's Launch Event, including this particular one that have not yet been picked up by anyone as I can see:

1985 Lotus type 97T - Senna’s First GP Win

Team Lotus manufactured four type 97T chassis for the 1985 season. Classic Team Lotus retains chassis number 2 in the private Works collection

Ayrton Senna raced this actual car to victory in the 1985 Portuguese GP at Estoril. He drove a brilliant race in atrociously wet conditions to score his first Grand Prix win. For Team Lotus it was the first Grand Prix victory since the death of its founder, Colin Chapman, in 1982.

While Ayrton said his best lap was at Donington in 1993, he considered his fantastic drive in this Lotus 97T/2 to be his best ever race performance, especially as it was without traction control.

Senna drove more than 6,000 miles in chassis 2 during the season. He used it in qualifying to secure pole position in Portugal, San Marino and the USA. He raced it in Brazil, Portugal, San Marino, Monaco, Canada and the USA.

The carbon fibre chassis is very light and very stiff. The car weighs only 540 kg and the 1,500 cc turbo charged Renault engine produces more than 1,000 horsepower. The resultant power to weight ratio is about 20 times that of a normal production road car. (Not a Lotus, of course!).

With the enthusiastic and generous support of Renault Sport, Classic Team Lotus completed returning 97T/2 to running condition in 2003. Since then it is demonstrated occasionally at events such as the Goodwood Festival of Speed - driven by Bruno Senna - and the Renault World Series, driven by Martin Donnelly.

Classic Team Lotus Team Manager, Chris Dinnage, was a number one mechanic for Ayrton and was on 97T/2 at Estoril on that famous day in 1985.

Why is that text there? :)

Top Bottom