• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Many of us are disappointed by the game. That's unfathomable for me given Gram Turismo's legacy.

Was replying specifically to a comment regarding metacritic and acting like the game had been trashed on the same level as Ride to Hell. In any case, not sure how you can be disappointed so early on in the game. What in particular has you so disappointed?

Add me on PSN people, not sure that I'll be playing online any time soon as I want to get through the career but it'll be nice to compare leaderboard scores. dlynchster is my name.

Im in the middle of playing GT6 now and I can honestly say the cockpit cam needs to be patched sooner rather than later....It's not so bad after a few races to get used to it...but if you switch to bumper cam...you may not want to switch back sadly.

However i'm pretty impressed with the other small details.
You referring to performance or the darkening/shake filter?

Radec

Well that was an underwhelming intro.

Anybody redeemed their 1 million credits yet? I did but it doesn't seem to be credited on my account :/

Z3M0G

no one noticed GT6 has a lot more aliasing ? lots of shimmering lines on the road and crawling pixels.

That did indeed stand out to me. GTA5 looked better all around in that video, other than the screen tearing which is the thing I hate the most in gaming.

OmegaDL50

I just got back from the store, loading up GT6 for the first time. Installing the 1207mb patch.

See you on the track soon people.

Graphics and sounds comparison between Gran Turismo 6 and Gran Turismo 5.
Lap at Madrid circuit with Corvette Stingray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmod-WrQ9LA

Anyone know why the lighting in many circuits is more darker in GT6?
Jesus fucking Christ at those jaggies. GT5 was so sharp and clear.

I honestly can't believe these downgrades. Never expected anything less than an improvement and refinement over GT5, not this.

Just some baffling tradeoffs made all around.

Zinthar

Even after GT5?

Yeah, I'm wondering this as well. Even if GT6 were merely GT5 without the insane loading times between menus and races it would be a step forward.

Reviewers who are fans of the simulation/simcade genre (like the guy who reviewed it from Eurogamer) generally seem to believe the handling is a nice step up from GT5.

Anyway, has anyone played the retail version with a Fanatec wheel? Does it work well with one of the Logitech wheel profiles?

I honestly can't believe these downgrades. Never expected anything less than an improvement and refinement over GT5, not this.

Don't make decisions based on a shitty youtube video. Game looks much better in 1080p on my 50 inch tv than that.

It's a shame that they took out the video demonstrations of the various license tests, those were really helpful.
Outside of the few videos where the person driving got a bronze or silver, lol

Don't make decisions based on a shitty youtube video. Game looks much better in 1080p on my 50 inch tv than that.
A shitty youtube comparing one side with clear lines while the other is broken and jagged and shimmering. Seems a fair comparison honestly.

And I won't be playing this at 1080p because of the performance issues with cockpit, ie. the only view I use.

Man, what a mess.

-Amon-

Maybe I did the wrong thing & started playing GT5 daily this entire week leading up to this day. The minute improvements & astonishing downgrades to things that were already fixed in GT5 over patches seem like a big deal to me.

As i've already said i'll boot up gt5 asap and make my own comparisons.

Calabi

I'm playing with a 360 controller using a converter its much better than the DS3.

Using bumber cam I havent noticted any frame rate drops at 1080p so far(if there, there there, very minor same with the tearing, minor and infrequent). It looks amazingly good for the PS3.

I'm enjoying it so far with the race line and the help it seems a lot more straightforward easier to get into than previous games.

Dave_6

Just picked up my Anniversary Edition from Gamestop and it's just a standard case, though it does have the leaflet inside with a code for the extra cars and such. I thought it was supposed to be a steel book...?

Seriously, in a few minutes of waking up & before going out the door to get my preorder, I decide to go online & see the day 1 hype for this game & instead I get all this:
jifs

You only got yourselvs to blame for most of those.

You all complained about the jaggied shadows, so you got much lower res ones but softened.
You all complained about jaggied rain drops and how you couldn't see anything, so you got higher res and fewer of them.
You all complained about crowds being removed, so they added them back again, with ridiculous short draw distance.

The hardware is limited, there's only so much you can do.

Also anyone suggesting they should remove cars just cause they don't look good just needs to go play other games, GT is clearly not for you.

Just picked up my Anniversary Edition from Gamestop and it's just a standard case, though it does have the leaflet inside with a code for the extra cars and such. I thought it was supposed to be a steel book...?

That's only in the UK sadly, not sure why we don't get steelbooks in the US. Guess there's a lot more of us.

A shitty youtube comparing one side with clear lines while the other is broken and jagged and shimmering. Seems a fair comparison honestly.

And I won't be playing this at 1080p because of the performance issues with cockpit, ie. the only view I use.

Man, what a mess.

I'm just saying I've been playing the game and it looks way better than that video. I've never noticed that level of jaggedness while playing. Of course I've been playing instead of watching a video online so my focus is doing well compared to analyzing details like that.

Youtube video was probably captured by this guy.
granturismo6_1006964b.jpg

-Amon-

Watch out. That video is from replays, and GT6 has motion blur applied in any replay view.

GT5 has much less ( if any in that view ).

I haven't played Gran Turismo since the first one on PS1. I'm very happy I picked this up today. Feels and looks great. I've got nothing to compare it to like most of you so everything in this game is new to me.

Watch out. That video is from replays, and GT6 has motion blur applied in any replay view.

GT5 has much less ( if any in that view ).
So GT6 replays are actually adding those jaggies? Regular gameplay is fine?

Am already worried about shifting from 1080p to 720p as far as jaggies are concerned.

senahorse

I have a Performance Pack code to give away! Here are the cars in it:

BMW Z8 15th Anniversary Edition
KTM X-BOW R 15th Anniversary Edition
Audi R18 TDI 15th Anniversary Edition
Lexus IS F Racing Concept 15th Anniversary Edition
Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) 15th Anniversary Edition

Quote this post to see the code! Please post to say if you got it.

yes please, I didn't get any bonuses with my copy :(

edit: oh already taken

h3ro

Haha, I guess the secret to GT6 was going in with absolutely zero expectations. Looking forward to putting in a few hours tonight.

Only expectations I have are elevator jazz music and sadness for not being able to drive on Midfield Raceway.

come to daddy.

-Amon-

So GT6 replays are actually adding those jaggies? Regular gameplay is fine?

Am already worried about shifting from 1080p to 720p as far as jaggies are concerned.

I'm making hypothesis. Last time i played GT5 was something like 2 months ago. Yersteday i played gt6 for the first time and i felt like it was nicer to see.

I can't really understand all these reports. Only thing i noticed is the motion blur that in replays is much more apparent.

I'll go check GT5 asap ( tomorrow i guess ) so i'll see with my own eyes. But i find it hard to believe that it's nicer to see. It has better framerate, yes. I noticed the raindrops on the windshield too, but graphical downgrades, absolutely no.

Eusis

I'm making hypothesis. Last time i played GT5 was something like 2 months ago. Yersteday i played gt6 for the first time and i felt like it was nicer to see.

I can't really understand all these reports. Only thing i noticed is the motion blur that in replays is much more apparent.

I'll go check GT5 asap ( tomorrow i guess ) so i'll see with my own eyes. But i find it hard to believe that it's nicer to see. It has better framerate, yes. I noticed the raindrops on the windshield too, but graphical downgrades, absolutely no.
I usually expect those to be catching the very worst moments, weird graphical glitches that only happen under specific circumstances (weather/replay) and a few cars they seemingly do not give a damn about.

TTG

For anyone picking up the gamestop anniversary edition, I just got mine, the anniversary code only lasts through today! So, make sure you go to the store and boot it up, those are some hardcore deadlines.

Korezo

For anyone picking up the gamestop anniversary edition, I just got mine, the anniversary code only lasts through today! So, make sure you go to the store and boot it up, those are some hardcore deadlines.

Mine in until 2016

Holy shit this cant be right, I have my copy with me but I cant get to it today, damn.

TTG

Yes, I'm looking at the voucher that's where the game manuals used to be before they died(inside the jewel case):

Valid 12/06/13 - 12/06/

woops, my bad.

chifanpoe

I noticed that too on my voucher code. It must be a miss print. - ah 16 ;)

FrankWza

Anyone know what the deal is with install options? Is it just no install or install as you go. If I leave it on but stay in the lobby will it install? Is there a way to do a straight install?

hort22

Anyone know what the deal is with install options? Is it just no install or install as you go. If I leave it on but stay in the lobby will it install? Is there a way to do a straight install?

would like to know this as well...picking up game after work.

spwolf

Youtube video was probably captured by this guy.

funniest part is that the youtube video thats so blurry is from london track and it looks superb in GT6... better lighting really adds to it, plus textures everywhere seem a lot better... it really looks great.

Top Bottom