• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Im going to be getting GT6 for Christmas and Ive had my driving force GT for a while now but I think I need a proper stand for it...what is a good (and preferably cheap) stand for this wheel?

TTG

I'm surprised the performance adjustment bonus hasn't been carried over to career mode. Seemed like a given.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
-The damage model is awful and makes no sense. I got rear ended by the AI...and my hood crumpled up? What the fuck?

-In the future updates Polyphony needs to make sure they add a plethora of huge new releases such as the F-Type V8S, F-Type R, BMW M6, BMW M5, Audi RS7, Audi RS5, Audi RS6, Audi S6, Jaguar XJR, a plethora of missing AMGs, and many others.

They spent time adding way too much shit 99% of people have no interest in driving.

Im going to be getting GT6 for Christmas and Ive had my driving force GT for a while now but I think I need a proper stand for it...what is a good (and preferably cheap) stand for this wheel?

Something like a wheelstand pro will last you forever, there's a Fanatec wheel stand too but I'm not sure if it's drilled for the DFGT.

You can find cheaper stands but the rigidity is hit and miss.

commedieu

Banned
Something like a wheelstand pro will last you forever, there's a Fanatec wheel stand too but I'm not sure if it's drilled for the DFGT.

You can find cheaper stands but the rigidity is hit and miss.

the hell is all this drilling crap...

Get a TV Tray, put magazines under the wheel. Lock it to the tray, widen your legs on the inside of the tray, and its stable + wobbly when you really turn, adding to the immersion.

gokieks

Ugh. The car selection options for online race is terrible - the only thing available are Garage or One-Make, which lets you select from a pre-determined list of 20 cars. I hope they update this soon, otherwise this along with the lack of car gifting/sharing pretty much kills the chance of me being able to play this online with friends who are more casual GT players but with whom GT5 online was still a great load of fun.

The Stealth Fox

The damage model is about the same in GT5 in terms of the kind of damage that exists, but it's more sensitive to actual collision. So overall it's better because slam into a car actually does a lot of cosmetic damage.

Hopefully in a future patch they enable mechanical damage in A-spec mode.

They brought back a super nice feature from prologue: idling your game allows you to get a nice view of the cars driving around the track.

I can't believe I just bought this game when I have a PS4, but something about dragging out my DFGT and using my Sony Pulse Elites seemed like a good idea.

Home Depot. I think it's like $20? I bought it 2 years ago. If I were to cut the middle post (or just raised it) I would center the pedals more but this works for me. The Wheelstand Pro is a good in between if you have the money.

I used to have a G27 and Playseat, which was amazing but I couldn't deal with the space it required so I sold the set and went back to this.

The Stealth Fox

Two major concerns that I have about the game:

How do I activate the AI? I set aggresiveness to 10 right from the start, but they do not seem to care. They can follow the track but nothing else.

What's up with the damage? Is there a damage model? I can bump into cars and nothing happens, bump into walls at 150km/h - nothing. Just a dull sound and a few marks on the paint.

It was worse than that in GT5, basically nothing happened. At least there's significant paint markings and some crumpling.

supersaw

If the "Gallery View" option is greyed out, that means it doesn't have an interior.

It's dumb that they don't have some obvious differentiator in the list view, It's a pain in the ass to have to look through 30 different Skylines or Miatas to find the one that's premium.

Liking the new ui a lot but there are pretty bad tearing and frame drop problems on a bunch of the tracks.

Some shadows and reflections look quite bad as well, hopefully some of this stuff will get patched as GT5 seemed to have pretty good ongoing support.

It's dumb that they don't have some obvious differentiator in the list view, It's a pain in the ass to have to look through 30 different Skylines or Miatas to find the one that's premium.
Removing the clear differentiation in-game seems like a pretty weak move on their part, as if they want to pretend it doesn't matter when they sure as hell know that it does.

Just another very odd decision.

supersaw

Removing the clear differentiation in-game seems like a pretty weak move on their part, as if they want to pretend it doesn't matter when they sure as hell know that it does.

Just another very odd decision.

My thoughts exactly it's good that they are cleaning up the modes and pixelated textures but obviously some cars don't have cockpits, if you like racing in cockpit view this lack of obvious difference in the car portraits makes it hard to find what you want.

At least the 15th anniversary gift cars all seem to be premium so i know all my blue cars have cockpits.

VIPERGTSR01

Neo Member
I am really enjoying GT6 especially Bathurst which is even more amazing to drive on than I expected.

One thing that puzzles me though is I can't find machine/speed testing anywhere? (0-60, 1/4 mile, top speed etc). I see SS route X is in the game but not the testing ability... That's pretty much the whole point of that track.

Am I missing it somewhere?

Played about an hour or so of it. Wow, it has got its hooks into me in a way GT5 never did (but every other GT very much did). I've done the novice events and have earned my national B licence.

It looks stunning. The lighting is amazing, especially at dusk.

Also: what's the deal with the Mercedes concept car? It says "gift it to yourself" or something, and it seems to be in my garage, but it says if you want it a second time you'll have to buy it or something?

amar212

One thing that puzzles me though is I can't find machine/speed testing anywhere? (0-60, 1/4 mile, top speed etc). I see SS route X is in the game but not the testing ability... That's pretty much the whole point of that track.

Am I missing it somewhere?

No. We all miss it.

If PD decides to try sell it *again* - because it was pretty successful DLC back in GT5 time - there is going to be lots of angry people.

I have just discussed that with my friends in online lobby and we all agreed it would be a grim move if they lock such option behind the paywall again - something that was part of GT series for 12 years before GT5 came out.

Played for about 3 hours, earned 100k and 5 cars - dit the beginner races plus the Clubman Cup, golded first licence, and goled first five missions, which got me the Clio, Alfa, Evo VI, a go-kart and of course the Fit. I also have the five pre-order bonus cars, which looks like it will be eligible for the FR challenge, so things are looking fine so far! Nice progress.

Ah, goodwood also unlocked, and foto travel.

Aon

I really liked the Goodwood target for the XBOW, took me like half an hour to get gold on that one.

Spent 20 minutes shaving off hundredths of a second then finally beat it by more than a whole second, naturally xD

dubc35

I really liked the Goodwood target for the XBOW, took me like half an hour to get gold on that one.

Spent 20 minutes shaving off hundredths of a second then finally beat it by more than a whole second, naturally xD

ha. I love, read: sometimes hate, that. I remember running the GT4 Seattle enduro and logging my fastest lap on the final lap (lap 40 iirc), lol.

edit, I don't have many psn friends that play GT, so anyone add me if you want: dubc35

the hell is all this drilling crap...

Get a TV Tray, put magazines under the wheel. Lock it to the tray, widen your legs on the inside of the tray, and its stable + wobbly when you really turn, adding to the immersion.

Ah, yes, I think I've seen this cockpit setup before somewhere...

gahiggidy.jpg

Dune1975

Banned
Can someone, anyone, explain to me how to set-up my personal BGM before I launch a dualshock through my TV. Everytime I try to set my my playlist it opens open showing all my music so I hit X to close it out and when I go to race it just plays the same track over and over. I even went in and hit shuffle play and no repeats, and nada, nothing works. Worst damn implementation of custom music I have ever seen.

Goodwood is scary narrow. I give those F1 guys even more credit now. Watching Hamilton blast around Goodwood at high speed and do donuts in an F1 car on YouTube is just crazy.

VIPERGTSR01

Neo Member
No. We all miss it.

If PD decides to try sell it *again* - because it was pretty successful DLC back in GT5 time - there is going to be lots of angry people.

I have just discussed that with my friends in online lobby and we all agreed it would be a grim move if they lock such option behind the paywall again - something that was part of GT series for 12 years before GT5 came out.

Thanks, I brought it up at GTPlanet and no one seemed to care so I was beginning to think I was the only one missing it.

In GT5 they introduced SSRX along with the tests as DLC but for GT6 it would be pretty crazy if they put it behind a paywall again considering the track is already there. I hope this is just one of those things they didn't have time to get in before release. I do hope it gets added soon.

Spent some 5-6 mins learning the track with the Alpine until I got gold, and then I got the X-Bow one on gold first try. :D Thanks for the tip!

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody tried playing with a CSR wheel? Or any Fanatec wheel....

I can't navigate the menus... The small stick won't move up and I can only move down one spot... So for example is there's a list of items I can browse the first two and that's it.

It's working totally fine in the XMB so it's not a hardware issue.

Anybody tried playing with a CSR wheel? Or any Fanatec wheel....

I can't navigate the menus... The small stick won't move up and I can only move down one spot... So for example is there's a list of items I can browse the first two and that's it.

It's working totally fine in the XMB so it's not a hardware issue.

Did you put it in PS3 mode? there should be a "." on the display iirc.

Menu navigation doesn't work in PC mode.

Megasoum

Banned
Did you put it in PS3 mode? there should be a "." on the display iirc.

Menu navigation doesn't work in PC mode.

Yeah I did.... I just restarted the PS3 now (I first booted it using my 360 controlle so this might fuck things up)

Edit: Yuuupp... That was it... Phewww was scared that it would be a big problem that would never get patched (cause you can't expect Fanatec to patch anything lol).

deadnoob

If you mean up close photo travel mode is the best place for that.

Well I guess I haven't opened that yet, but what I'm looking for is a way to just see a bigger image of the cars. It won't really be an issue when I'm buying my own cars, but with the 15yr edition, I have these cars in my garage that I just want to look at quickly.

Megasoum

Banned
BTW, is there a chart available somewhere that shows what each button on a CSR wheel translate to on a G25? Would make remapping in GT a LOT easier.

Smokey

-The damage model is awful and makes no sense. I got rear ended by the AI...and my hood crumpled up? What the fuck?

-In the future updates Polyphony needs to make sure they add a plethora of huge new releases such as the F-Type V8S, F-Type R, BMW M6, BMW M5, Audi RS7, Audi RS5, Audi RS6, Audi S6, Jaguar XJR, a plethora of missing AMGs, and many others.

They spent time adding way too much shit 99% of people have no interest in driving.

The m5 and m6 aren't in? Wtf

Those were some of the first cars I bought in forza 5 ugh..

krpiper

So this is a UI question, but is there anyway to turn off the clock that is in the middle of the screen, but still leave the one in the corner?

I know this was in GT5 but its more distracting than I forgot :(

Top Bottom