• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

JPodz

Banned
I dont post a lot on this forum, and I can't wait to pick this up after work today, but if anybody wants to add me on PSN that would be great. None of my friends would be into this sort of game, so some leaderboards and names to try to compete against would be great.

JPodz is my PSN name.

Cheers!

I don't know about you guys, but I really miss those golden days of getting a new GT game, and then spending some time reading through the thick booklets they came with. I just opened up my anniversary edition, and all that was inside were the disk and the DLC slip :(

Sounds about right. The initial reports about the European Anniversary edition said that it would have the Apex II booklet, but the description of the item on Amazon.co.uk doesn't list that at all.

Seems the booklet is now exclusive to Japan.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Ummm, I'm noticing the weirdest fucking thing right now. The game has a 2010 Jaguar XFR in it...GT5 didn't have an XFR. So I was all giddy because I get to drive my car (albeit 2 model years older) in this game. Except, it's not a premium car?

What the fuck? GT5 didn't have an XFR in it. And clearly GT4 couldn't have either (since the car was even around back in 2005). So I am completely confused as to why this new entry to the series is not a premium. And it's not like it's a premium detailed car without the cockpit...even the texture detail resembles that of a highly upgraded standard car from GT5.

So again...I am confused as hell. :|

Don't make decisions based on a shitty youtube video. Game looks much better in 1080p on my 50 inch tv than that.

Yeah, I'm not experiencing the slowdown issues everyone is complaining about. I only notice SOME drops when your opponents are kicking a lot of dirt around. Other than that, the game looks much better than GT5 overall. The tracks are considerably cleaner with better background textures and details.

OK, can someone go into depth about the A.I. slider and how it affects the A.I. Drivers? Are they aggressive in trying to win, not allowing you to pass in the turn ect...

commedieu

Banned
OK, can someone go into depth about the A.I. slider and how it affects the A.I. Drivers? Are they aggressive in trying to win, not allowing you to pass in the turn ect...

I haven't touched GT6, but I feel like based on my history with PD.

The A.I is still a long line of cars, and you need a faster car to beat them.

Someone with retail tell me I'm wrong.. please god..

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Overall, I like the game a lot. I knew I would. The interface is fantastic and quick. Loading times between screens is amazing (thank God). Even races load fairly quickly if you don't immediately hit race during the info screen. The upgraded standards look very nice, the progression and earnings are wonderful.

And visually, again, I'm not seeing the issues people are complaining about. I do have my visual option set to "Reduce Flickering" in the game though.

Ummm, I'm noticing the weirdest fucking thing right now. The game has a 2010 Jaguar XFR in it...GT5 didn't have an XFR. So I was all giddy because I get to drive my car (albeit 2 model years older) in this game. Except, it's not a premium car?

The XFR was in GT5. It was brought over from GTPSP.

snaffles

I dont post a lot on this forum, and I can't wait to pick this up after work today, but if anybody wants to add me on PSN that would be great. None of my friends would be into this sort of game, so some leaderboards and names to try to compete against would be great.

JPodz is my PSN name.

Cheers!

I'm in pretty much the same boat, so if anyone wants to add me, would be nice to have some times to race against. SnafflesChan is my psn name.

Also I realise I am supposed to be complaining about review scores and the graphics, but I am having a ton of fun playing this. Already got all gold on the first two license tests and have yet to need to buy a car to win any races, just been using all the prize cars.

Some of the UI/menu stuff is still annoying, wish there was an option on the license tests to just go straight to the next test rather than back to the menu to select the next one.

Emwitus

A shitty youtube comparing one side with clear lines while the other is broken and jagged and shimmering. Seems a fair comparison honestly.

And I won't be playing this at 1080p because of the performance issues with cockpit, ie. the only view I use.

Man, what a mess.

I honestly think this is because of tesselation. Someone who is more versed in computer graphics please clarify. Aren't the objects in the distance supposed to be a simple mesh that becomes more complex as you get closer? I'd think gt6 would look much better up close and not in motion while gt5 looks better in motion.

JPodz

Banned
I'm in pretty much the same boat, so if anyone wants to add me, would be nice to have some times to race against. SnafflesChan is my psn name.

Also I realise I am supposed to be complaining about review scores and the graphics, but I am having a ton of fun playing this. Already got all gold on the first two license tests and have yet to need to buy a car to win any races, just been using all the prize cars.

Some of the UI/menu stuff is still annoying, wish there was an option on the license tests to just go straight to the next test rather than back to the menu to select the next one.

I'll add you later!

TTG

Newbie questions as I try to inhale as much of the new menu design and such in as short a time as possible:

1. How do I go from kilos to lbs in the garage?
2. How do I turn off that stupid pop up that let's the player know what button they're pressing? Without getting rid of the rest of the HUD.

Edit: the second is in quick options when in a race, still looking to convert from kg to lbs.

andylsun

I won't have GT6 until Monday, but have been getting some time in with GT5 again. Still after the ring in 7.29 trophy, but tried the half-squash-ball under the brake pedal of my Driving Force GT wheel and turned off ABS (usually have it on 1).

Wow, what a difference. Breaking felt more natural and controllable, and I dialed the brake balance rearwards a little and it felt very good indeed. Onwards to 7.29

M_A_C

So this may seem like a stupid question, but it always bugged me in GT5... Can you spin the camera around the car with the right stick in the outside the car view? You know, like every other racing game out there?

Razgreez

Were some of the sounds patched in v1.01? User car sounds seem to have a bit more depth however, opponent car sounds supposedly sound quite good after the update. Don't have the game myself yet so can't verify what I've heard

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Overall, I like the game a lot. I knew I would. The interface is fantastic and quick. Loading times between screens is amazing (thank God). Even races load fairly quickly if you don't immediately hit race during the info screen. The upgraded standards look very nice, the progression and earnings are wonderful.

And visually, again, I'm not seeing the issues people are complaining about. I do have my visual option set to "Reduce Flickering" in the game though.

How much does Reduce Flicker actually do? Try it on & off?

rager

Banned
This is a dumb question but I have never done this before. Can I download GT6 and run it on the two ps3s i own in my house?

Dead Man

Just as much. It's still a form of piracy and you're not allowed to discuss that. Friendly tip, keep private matters to pms.

Scanning is not inherently piracy. Obviously still not something that would be approved to be talked about I imagine, but it is not automatically piracy.

FrankWza

Just as much. It's still a form of piracy and you're not allowed to discuss that. Friendly tip, keep private matters to pms.

Good to know...I've seen a bunch of game informer scans and stuff so I thought it was fine since this isn't a retail book that the publisher is losing sales on. If it was available I'd buy it because the first apex was good

Did anyone else get the 5 car pack preorder bonus?

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/preorder/

I'm wondering if you automatically get the cars in the garage, or if you have to buy them.

They should automatically be put in your garage, no need to buy with in-game credits. At least that's what another Gaffer said about the Gamestop 15th Anniversary cars. Should be the same for the 5 car pack preorder bonus.

Shaneus

Jesus fucking Christ at those jaggies. GT5 was so sharp and clear.

I honestly can't believe these downgrades. Never expected anything less than an improvement and refinement over GT5, not this.

Just some baffling tradeoffs made all around.
Yeah, on playing this I didn't think GT5 looked as bad (alias-wise) as GT6, but it does. Performance is worse as well, and that was before I realised I was already playing 720p.

Plumpman

Do any retailers carry the G27 anymore?

Been looking around while I'm at work and not having any luck.
Is it that rare at retail, what the heck!

This is an awesome game with some very welcome design improvements (missions, licences being more meaningful, recommended car section etc), but fuck me they're pushing poor old PlayStation 3 a little too far at times. It's a shame to see two of the new tracks, Brands Hatch and Bathurst, to have such awful slowdown and tearing issues. It's quite distracting, but perhaps we might get some optimisations with future title updates.

Lovely game though, will spend many, many hours in GT 6.

How do you know before buying whether a car has a modeled cockpit or not?

I blew $30 on a Subaru not realizing they didn't render the cockpit for it. =(

*Guaraná

Banned
is it normal that my digital version is taking almost 3 and a half hours to install?

I have the original 120gb HDD here and I never had to wait that much to install a game.

ruxtpin

Banned
Question for those who have the game... Perhaps it's been answered... But does the old view from some past GTs return that's devoid of the car/bonnet all extra stuff (except the data, times, speedometer, etc)?

Edit: Nevermind, found my answer in a GT6 vid.

flashmouth

Neo Member
Two major concerns that I have about the game:

How do I activate the AI? I set aggresiveness to 10 right from the start, but they do not seem to care. They can follow the track but nothing else.

What's up with the damage? Is there a damage model? I can bump into cars and nothing happens, bump into walls at 150km/h - nothing. Just a dull sound and a few marks on the paint.

Top Bottom