• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
no, it isn't. and that was only on the UK.

I did my part buying it on day1, but you are clearly deluding yourself if you think GT6 has launched with anything resembling big numbers. It'll be horrible come NPD time and we'll see how it performs in Japan where there's no " it's because of the next-gen craze" excuse.
As far as anectodal evidence go, Amazon charts show the game underperforming on every EU region with an Amazon store. By contrast GT4 is the best selling GT by far in the UK (where it was way more popular than GT3, contrary to the NA market) and EU, holds the biggest first party Day1 ever on a Playstation platform for PAL territories (about 250k for UK alone) where it also achieved that despite a plethora of "spin-off"/side releases; GT5 is the best selling PS3 exclusive title despite also having GTHD and GT5 Prologue. Now we have GT6, counting on a much bigger install base than GT5, which is very much underperforming and even a blind could see how the game is lacking in making big strides in launch hype like high profile releases usually do. Game is lacking buzz, we're talking the biggest Playstation franchise there is, by a wide margin, especially for the PAL market, and it failed to pass 55k units at launch in the UK, whereas GT5 managed 260+k.
Truth is, GT5's collected trophy data paints a pretty obvious picture of what is going on here. GT6 will still sell a few millions but it won't do that at anywhere near MSRP's price, so those sales will be looked upon differently, and rightly so. Still, I have no doubts GT7 on PS4 will see a bigger release, if only because of its status as PS' flagship series and coming out on new, powerful hardware, but PD has really dropped the ball on GT6, this outcome was easily predictable with how they've decided to plan the game as a whole and its release date.

Week (7 day) sales for a Friday release (2 days left in a week) in one country isn't very indicative of the sales.

I'm sorry but do you even follow sales-age at all? It's always been like that, WEEK 1 is always 2 days worth of sales since 99% of the games are release on a friday in the UK, no Tuesdays like in the US.

It can happen with every AI car. They seem to have super brakes in order to stop them from going off the rails too much. It's really shitty.

Experiencing (and reading about) the AI being dodgy has really crushed the momentum I had for rushing through the Career Mode - despite the importance placed upon it.

I'm hoping that PD somehow tweak it - assuming that it's not so braindead due to performance reasons.

Saying that though, I'm loving GT6 and look forward to the future updates.

...Speaking of which - Every time I log in, I seem to get another in-game update. Anyone have a record of what's been changed with each of these?

Jedi2016

This game has a bug with hatchback or small cars with front brakes, when ever the AI brakes hard with those kinds of cars the back of the car lifts off the ground like a bike breaking with front brakes.
Yeah, I saw an Evo doing that in a race on Matterhorn. Got a picture of it, but I haven't offloaded any of my Photo shots yet.

As for the sales figures, it seems there's been zero hype about this game from anyone but the hardcore fans, and the retailers seem to barely know it exists. When I picked it up at Best Buy on Friday, none of the staff even knew what I was talking about. They had 25 copies of the game (which seems low for a new release), still boxed up in the back. They literally didn't even bother unpacking the game until I walked in and asked for a copy.

ascari 10 lap challenge in s class is bugged?

it doesn't register laps which stops you from winning as it dumps you to 16th place and 1 lap down.

i was fucking fuming when the race result popped up with me in 16th after blitzing the ai for 30 minutes, from now on i race with the hud enabled.

Animal

Banned
The new updated RedBull X car is no joke. It's even faster and more frantic than before.
The Goodwood Festival mission with it is a mind warp.

Megasoum

Banned
Lol...one of the requirements for the GT Compact Car championship in National B is "Total Length: 4200in or less" haha...that is one hell of a car.

Flandy

Just wanted to drop by and say that I find the box art in NA to be meh. Was at the store today and I barely even noticed GT6. Doesn't really pop out much.

Anyone notice on Cote d'Azur how the car will catch air on the top of the hill after turn 1? I just did my first race on it and went airborn all 3 laps....something that didn't happen in GT5. They must have changed the grade of the drop off or something. Almost spun out twice not breaking a little before the turn.

GT-R head-to-head mission...I still can't get better than bronze.

Between the idiot AI ramming into me on straights and my GT-R losing its mind at seemingly random corners, I don't know what to do.

I have all the assists off right now. Should I toss a man card and turn some on? Any tips?

Goodwood was fun. Only did the Alpine and tried the X-Bow before calling it a night tonight though.

GT-R head-to-head mission...I still can't get better than bronze.

Between the idiot AI ramming into me on straights and my GT-R losing its mind at seemingly random corners, I don't know what to do.

Are you talking about Mission Race B-5? Yeah, that was is really hard as PD cut the gold time by nearly 4s for the 1.01 patch. I've just put it aside and i'm going to come back to it alter (in reality i'm just waiting and hoping PD updates it again and raises the time a bit :p).

Jedi2016

I have all the assists off right now. Should I toss a man card and turn some on? Any tips?
Honestly I'm not sure what the fuss is about. While I don't think you should run with everything (the game practically drives itself if you do that), I still drive with low levels of ABS and traction control on. These cars have those features in real life, and for a reason.. those aren't just video game cheats.

Dead Man

I can out-brake the AI every time. "Pump" the brakes. You'll always slow down faster...

Also.. remember you can buy better brakes in this game.

Can you really upgrade the brakes to reduce stopping distance, not just add a balance adjustment? Not that it should be a massive change anyway, shorter stopping distances usually comes from stickier tyres rather than brake changes, brake changes in real cars give less fade or better feel and sometimes better stopping from very high speed, but most cars are adhesion limited rather than retardation limited these days.

go to the gallery. Its in videos, at least it should be. Thats where the intro is..

main screen, on the left.

edit;

Also, GT6 looks amazing through the S3 filter;

jb2eSgArey8ZL7.jpg

..as in android s3, taking off screen.
Daytona Coupe? Shit. Resolve weakening.

nasanu

Banned
Are you talking about Mission Race B-5? Yeah, that was is really hard as PD cut the gold time by nearly 4s for the 1.01 patch. I've just put it aside and i'm going to come back to it alter (in reality i'm just waiting and hoping PD updates it again and raises the time a bit :p).

It is till pretty easy though. Got it within 5 goes (i didnt really know the track and kept running wide getting DQed the first 4 times), but the GTR never ran into me, I really dont understand how people make it happen. The GTR will hit the brakes before hitting you (caught me on each straight, always slowed before making contact), it will only happen if you try to block and swerve after he as come along side.

I hit him several times overtaking, I never got a DQ for a collision.

dubc35

I went off a couple times on the GT-R mission but golded it on my first complete lap. This game is so, so much easier than older GT games. I'm not saying that in a bragging "I got gold" kind of way, more in a "I never used to get golds at all and now I'm getting them all the time" kind of way.

I think I just need to throw myself at the GT-R race a bit more. I keep wanting to move on to see everything else so I end up getting ancy during the races and am probably fucking myself over because of it.

Tomorrow. #resolve

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I went off a couple times on the GT-R mission but golded it on my first complete lap. This game is so, so much easier than older GT games. I'm not saying that in a bragging "I got gold" kind of way, more in a "I never used to get golds at all and now I'm getting them all the time" kind of way.

It really is easier to get gold on events now.

FrankWza

I think I just need to throw myself at the GT-R race a bit more. I keep wanting to move on to see everything else so I end up getting ancy during the races and am probably fucking myself over because of it.

Tomorrow. #resolve

Hahahah...I'm still with you. Tried it today for first time since we discussed it in here the other day. Bumped me into a DQ....I'll wait a few more days and try again. I wish there were trophy% like on ps4 to see how rare . that's if there's a trophy for doing nb missions

Mobius 1

Blasted my way to gold in all Goodwood events with no difficulty, but then there is the accursed X2010. I will tame you yet evil beast.

Can you really upgrade the brakes to reduce stopping distance, not just add a balance adjustment? Not that it should be a massive change anyway, shorter stopping distances usually comes from stickier tyres rather than brake changes, brake changes in real cars give less fade or better feel and sometimes better stopping from very high speed, but most cars are adhesion limited rather than retardation limited these days.
Racing brakes are an option. They give you more reliable stopping and less brake wear during a race or heavy braking segments.

conman

Got my copy in the mail earlier today. Put in a couple hours so far.

Everything's great, but holy hell, the sound is awful. People have been complaining for years about the sound effects in GT games, but I've always thought the sound effects were full, clear, and most importantly, were a useful cue to your tire behavior. For reference, I thought the sound was great in GT5.

But, man, it's driving me nuts in GT6. It isn't just bad. It sounds broken.

1) The instant you lose your tires, it sounds like someone is shouting in my ears. I play with the race music off, so it's possible they've mixed the sound to compete with the racing music. Terrible idea, if true. And should be an easy fix. Fingers crossed.

2) There's no difference between the sound effects in bumper cam and in cockpit view. At all. They're identical. No difference whatsoever. Again, should be an easy fix.

3) Engine sounds are way too low in the mix and also tweaked toward the mid to bass end, no "pop" at all. Basically, it sounds like listening to a car through a heavy pillow. I can tell that the original source sound is there, but it's not coming through in the mix. Should be a very easy fix.

I've got a few other issues with the game (the license tests are super easy), but more than anything else, it's the audio mix that's driving me bonkers. Might be enough to convince me to sell my copy of the game. It's that bad.

Just did the B-2 license test in the Mazda Demio. I kept trying to shift gears using the clutch and shifter, and the car just wouldn't shift. I thought, maybe I need to use the paddleshifts? Didn't work either, I started wondering if the game was broken or something.

Then I saw the speed kept increasing even if I was in first.

AAAAAAAAH, that thing has a CVT. Well damn, got me good on that one.

red731

Today...do the robot...today...it is mine
tumblr_lfgeptuhxX1qfoso5o1_500.gif

ed: Hype getting unbearable - I want wheel and I will 100% run hotline miami ost over receiver with this ***** aw yee

Is there a patch note section like in GT5? I just booted this game up and got hit with a new update. It was small so i'm guessing it was just adjusting some minor.

Korezo

Anyway to get the anniversary edition? Ebay prices be damned. it's been selling for $100 there.

Wow I didn't even know... The USA version sucks, I would of sold it if I knew price was like that. I don't like any of the 25 cars it came with and I thought it was going to come in a steal case, but it was just a different cover art with a code inside. I was disappointed as soon as I picked up the game. My friend sold his on eBay instantly for $80 on launch. It really isn't worth it for the cars.

Kiraly

ascari 10 lap challenge in s class is bugged?

it doesn't register laps which stops you from winning as it dumps you to 16th place and 1 lap down.

i was fucking fuming when the race result popped up with me in 16th after blitzing the ai for 30 minutes, from now on i race with the hud enabled.
Don't cut the track.

_machine

Today...do the robot...today...it is mine
Same here buddy, just two hours of school and then it'll hopefully be waiting for me by my doorstep...and then a hopefully the download will be over in a couple of hours if I'm lucky thanks to my shitty connection.

red731

Same here buddy, just two hours of school and then it'll hopefully be waiting for me by my doorstep...and then a hopefully the download will be over in a couple of hours if I'm lucky thanks to my shitty connection.

Hear, hear. I am work :)lol. damn you energy drinks) and I will do overtime because of invoices...
I must tell my dad to install the game and while I will be working, having the patch DL'd. Hopefuly it will be smooth and when I'll be home, I will play straight away.

amar212

Is there a patch note section like in GT5? I just booted this game up and got hit with a new update. It was small so i'm guessing it was just adjusting some minor.

No. As I can read over GTP, current flow of patches is fixing prices of cars and some small bugs, but it seems nothing big. There are some contradictory reports over some details but I think they are not accurate. Since PD treats V1.01 as the first official version of the game my guess is that notes will come back with some bigger future updates.

Korezo

The Seven Fireblade 02 is very fun to drive especially in manual with clutch since the car sounds good and you can hear the power between each shift. I just bought it for 60k just to test drive and took it to the Eiger Nordwand track.

Can anyone explain how racing wheels (specifically the Logitech G27) works with force feedback between each car? Do different cars have different resistance based on what you're driving, or is it a universal setting?

Top Bottom