• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Dead Man

Having some positive experiences with a GT game again has me back in brain storming / wish list mode.

When you are selecting a car from the garage, there needs to be a menu short cut for, "test trial" or "benchmark" whatever you want to call it. What this would do is run a quick succession of "events". You hit the benchmark option, you do a 0-60 test, no exiting event bullshit, just a quick menu option "Repeat? Tune car? or Next Test" Next test, no fucking around right to 1/4 mile test. Good? OK nest is your top speed test. All of these are saving on your top times chart like GT5. Lastly you are at a track of your choice as your "testing ground" This by default should be a GT original testing ground track, that is about the length of the Top Gear track. But, you can set your favorite track as the your testing ground too. Right into it, standing start hot lap.

This way you can easily have a nice personal log of your cars test times and have a your own leader board of your garage at the track of your choosing. Right below that Benchmark link should be a "Proving Grounds" link that goes right to that test track of your choice if you just want to hot lap without the 0-60 tests etc. It is far too cumbersome to try to replicate this idea by taking each car through the 500 menu clicks to achieve this. That and the fucking personal Special X test are gone :(
Kaz, hire this person.

So how does that exploit work exactly?

My friend want to know.... seriously it's for my friend lol.

Haha.

Step 1: Make sure you are patched to the latest version
Step 2: Buy as many Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision cars as you can (or, to start, accept the gifted one)
Step 3: Make ABSOLUTE SURE that you are not currently in the Vision car. Change to any other car.
Step 4: Save the game and quit.
Step 5: Go to your game data and delete the Gran Turismo 6 data.
Step 6: Start the game, and hit O (Circle) when the update prompt comes up. Cancel out of the PSN sign in prompt that shortly follows.
Step 7: Go to your garage, and every Vision car will now be called [2055]. Click it, but make sure you do not click to change to the car, or the game will crash.
Step 8: Click to Sell the car (it will say that it will give you 330,000,000 credits, but the maximum is 20 million. Click YES on the prompt).
Step 9: Profit. Literally. Go crazy buying cars. Word of advice, if you want to do the exploit again or be able to afford the Vision car again (which is 1,000,000 cr. after the gifted one), make sure you save at least one million cr.
Step 10: Once you are done with the exploit, you do have to update the game once again (the entire 1.2 GB patch). After that, just play the game as normal, or repeat the exploit again and again, and enjoy the new cars!

Morzak

Impressions update:

Pros:
-Still enjoying the improved physics but it still has some flaws that other GT games have had
-Friends racing line in Seasonal TT and Licenses tests! This is the little kind of thing GT needs way more of. Bring in some life and some competition in every little spot possible because you aren't gonna get shit for competition against the AI
-Mission Races, Coffee Breaks. Anything that isn't AI racing is so much more fun. I could do these all day.
-The Eco Challenge Coffee break. This is exactly what I have been talking about in all the GT improvements posts. Do something with the cars that teaches you about the cars a little more, and all of the different aspects of racing and driving. Give me a challenge with completely worn tires. Give me a challenge where the suspension is setup wrong. Give me a challenge where it highlights how tuning can drastically change the car feel. The very first few seasonals in GT5 were actually indirectly tuning challenges that taught you the valuse of non PP affecting upgrades. You had to have the upgraded gearbox to pass that Fiat one or what ever it was. Play to these strengths damn it!
-Goodwood and Moon. I wish there were about 50 more Goodwood challenges. I don't even know how I golded them all because I was a few whiskeys deep that night and when I turned it on in the morning I was like, "I finished those?" So yeah, X1 drunk up Goodwood for the win. The moon is classic GT fun/silliness. Just shows how much they dropped the ball with the Top Gear license last time. That show is loaded with sillyness and the best PD could muster was a VW bus around the TG track.

Cons:
-The absolutely biggest con is the complete lack of transmissions/drivetrain in the physics modeling. Maybe it is because the tires and suspension are better it highlights the other flaws more, but it just feels terrible. Cars are so numb in braking and corner entry. Aggressive downshifting does nothing, it is as if the transmission is a one way street. If I am boming around in a Miata, a good chunk of my braking is going to come from the proper down shifts to slow the rear. I can't for the life of me get cars to feel lively in corner entry with TBO or TTO. I can get TTO but you have to do it so exageratly or I have to really flick the car in there. I feel like the physics don't even "turn on" until you put the power down or post apex. So much of driving these lower cars is finessing the coasting of moments between brake and gas and there is just nothing without the transmissions being modeled correctly. All of the coasting feels the same, whether it is a Honda Fit or a nutso Mercedes Vision concept car. I don't think they have to model each transmission exactly how it is for each car, but break it down into some general categories. This is a 4-speed feel, this is a modern 6-speed, paddle shift, race grade transmission, etc. This is almost becoming worse than the sounds for me. It takes away so much of the feel. :(
-Tearing is still annoying in cockpit view, but I am keeping it at 1080p cause I don't like how it looks in 720p at all. I typically look past it when focusing on the road.
-The AI is bollocks and 100% broken as always. Really? The cars are applying the brakes on and off and on and off through the apex into corner exit? This would be like playing an FPS game where the AI 's bullets shot out backward through the butt of the rifle. It is such a basic concept of racing it blows my fucking mind and makes the AI a sideshow every time the approach a corner. Then, on straights, it gives them little extra acceleration to make up for the laughable corner effort. There are also some weird physics going on with the AI cars. I have seen cars endo while braking and it seems it shifts way too much weight forward when some cars brake hard. I have to think the AI doesn't "drive" the cars so much as a system is just moving around the cars at a pre determined rate, so it can always brake harder or accelerate more to keep it right in that window of speed. Hilarious to watch, but pathetic in such a distinguished franchsie.
-The light bloom. Ok we get it, transitions into light makes things brighter for a bit. However, I can squint my eyes in real life, in your game, when you make 95% of my screen pure white, squinting doesn't reveal any more detail. For the masters of lighting, the over done bloom is a huge turn off. I had to switch to the hood cam at Willow Springs it was so bad in one of the challenges.
-Changing the same settings in every fucking challenge/event. Give my driver a profile, and let that carry everywhere. Also, give me the same little HUD icons for TCS,ASM, etc right at the pre-grid menu so I can tell if this is a car I disabled all assists on without going into all the menus. I swear I am in menus more than on the track for some of these challenges.

I agree with most of that and the bolded parts are really turning me off the game a bit. The AI is hilarious in career mode and it always lets you catch up in the last lap.... Couple that with the Apex breaking and races aren't much fun.

The missing transmission modelling really makes the cars feel lifeless when going into corners after the apex I feel it's mostly fine but the lack of impact from downshifting and going into neutral really hurts the feel of the cars. I also don't like the clutch. it just doesn't feel right for me.

The Goodwood stuff is really entertaining and fun to drive, the Gold times could be a bit higher especially in some cars it's pretty easy to beat that time with huge margins. The moon missions were a fun distraction as well, if a bit silly. The mission races are also nice they at least offer a challenge, at least for me and my modest driving skills.

I will probably play some races from time to time but it doesn't seem to grip me.

nded

Anyone know what I'm supposed to be doing for the second Sunday Kart Jr. race? It doesn't seem like I can modify the kart, but the asshole in first is always faster than me and I can never catch him.

Haha.

Step 1: Make sure you are patched to the latest version
Step 2: Buy as many Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision cars as you can (or, to start, accept the gifted one)
Step 3: Make ABSOLUTE SURE that you are not currently in the Vision car. Change to any other car.
Step 4: Save the game and quit.
Step 5: Go to your game data and delete the Gran Turismo 6 data.
Step 6: Start the game, and hit O (Circle) when the update prompt comes up. Cancel out of the PSN sign in prompt that shortly follows.
Step 7: Go to your garage, and every Vision car will now be called [2055]. Click it, but make sure you do not click to change to the car, or the game will crash.
Step 8: Click to Sell the car (it will say that it will give you 330,000,000 credits, but the maximum is 20 million. Click YES on the prompt).
Step 9: Profit. Literally. Go crazy buying cars. Word of advice, if you want to do the exploit again or be able to afford the Vision car again (which is 1,000,000 cr. after the gifted one), make sure you save at least one million cr.
Step 10: Once you are done with the exploit, you do have to update the game once again (the entire 1.2 GB patch). After that, just play the game as normal, or repeat the exploit again and again, and enjoy the new cars!
So you lose all your progress int he game when you delete the GT6 data file?
I don't see how you would be able to execute this hack multiple times... don't you also lose all your cars when you delete the GT6 data?

otapnam

Anyone know what I'm supposed to be doing for the second Sunday Kart Jr. race? It doesn't seem like I can modify the kart, but the asshole in first is always faster than me and I can never catch him.

Autumn ring mini? Brake less and you'll catch him. Try just releasing the throttle momentarily or quick tapping the brake.

The carts need to build acceleration over time. So if u brake too much he will pull away

I don't see how you would be able to execute this hack multiple times... don't you also lose all your cars when you delete the GT6 data?

You're deleting the game data, not the save data. They are two separate folders in PS3 XMB. That is how I understand it. I haven't done the exploit nor do I intend to.

Megasoum

Banned
You're deleting the game data, not the save data. They are two separate folders in PS3 XMB. That is how I understand it. I haven't done the exploit nor do I intend to.

Exactly... The game data is only the patches and what the game installed to the HDD so far (so you'll have to re-install every tracks/cars too) but it doesn't affect your save.

Exactly... The game data is only the patches and what the game installed to the HDD so far (so you'll have to re-install every tracks/cars too) but it doesn't affect your save.

I see, and I assume that despite already owning the Merc Vision... my friend... would be able to acquire another one and exploit this cheat once the game data is removed?

dubc35

Having some positive experiences with a GT game again has me back in brain storming / wish list mode.

When you are selecting a car from the garage, there needs to be a menu short cut for, "test trial" or "benchmark" whatever you want to call it. What this would do is run a quick succession of "events". You hit the benchmark option, you do a 0-60 test, no exiting event bullshit, just a quick menu option "Repeat? Tune car? or Next Test" Next test, no fucking around right to 1/4 mile test. Good? OK nest is your top speed test. All of these are saving on your top times chart like GT5. Lastly you are at a track of your choice as your "testing ground" This by default should be a GT original testing ground track, that is about the length of the Top Gear track. But, you can set your favorite track as the your testing ground too. Right into it, standing start hot lap.

This way you can easily have a nice personal log of your cars test times and have a your own leader board of your garage at the track of your choosing. Right below that Benchmark link should be a "Proving Grounds" link that goes right to that test track of your choice if you just want to hot lap without the 0-60 tests etc. It is far too cumbersome to try to replicate this idea by taking each car through the 500 menu clicks to achieve this. That and the fucking personal Special X test are gone :(

Yes. There needs to be an easy, efficient way to shakedown cars.

I also find it amusing (read frustrating) that the development staff doesn't notice the lack things like "next event" or "next license test" buttons. Do they play the game? Do they watch people play the game? Maybe they're just too down in the weeds to notice but that's exactly why you test it with people unfamiliar with it. What seems so obvious to a designer may not be intuitive at all for the user. Personal side note: I had to develop a test user interface for an electronic program (details don't matter). For the save button I used a generic disk icon like all Microsoft products. That fucking icon drove me crazy. People didn't know what it was for, lol.

edit, unrelated but I noticed last night that the odometer on my car and the miles it says in GT Garage, or whatever it's called now, are not the same. ??

In other news, I too have really enjoyed the Goodwood festivals. Particularly in classic cars... The Aston Martin One-77 is a boat, did not enjoy golding that event.

No no, delete the installed game data. That is separate from the saved data.

I love the first two corners in Goodwood because it becomes a game of, "How much grass can I take?". Just sliding the cars right in there, a bit on the grass, a nice slide to track out. So good. Keep your foot planted for the last turn can be thrilling as well in some cars that can just barely take it flat out. This reminds me, fuck doing some events tonight, I just want to run a bunch of my cars up the hill.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
In other news, I too have really enjoyed the Goodwood festivals. Particularly in classic cars... The Aston Martin One-77 is a boat, did not enjoy golding that event.

Yeah, I hated that car. Had fun with most of the other cars at Goodwood, though.

I love the first two corners in Goodwood because it becomes a game of, "How much grass can I take?". Just sliding the cars right in there, a bit on the grass, a nice slide to track out. So good. Keep your foot planted for the last turn can be thrilling as well in some cars that can just barely take it flat out. This reminds me, fuck doing some events tonight, I just want to run a bunch of my cars up the hill.

Yea, the worst is when you nail the entry and the game pinches you for going off track... a few times I could have sworn that despite taking the corners uber aggressively, I still kept two wheels on the tarmac.

Played for about four hours, some impressions:

GT6 correct a lot of bugs from GT5, it´s a good thing. No more BS random dealers, no more BS unlocking cars or stupid b-spec.

At least some of the focus was righted.

New tire model and no tire pressure adjustment? No flat tires? I`m sorry, in an age where a few guys with little money can do so much (like Kunos) there´s no excuse for being this arcadey in a game where you say you´re trying to be a sim.

This has been the biggest offender for me so far. What kind of feedback is Yokohama giving you if you can´t simulate those basic features that any tire model should have?

No transmission simulation whatsoever. I´m using a ´99 Silvia for most of the way, and i haven´t bought any upgrades but the car shifts and downshifts like it´s a modern F1 car. They have ZERO idea how clutches work on cars, and it´s becoming very frustrating now that most modern wheels come with the third pedal.

The new driving model does some things better, but i didn´t wanted to be just better body roll. Still way too forgiving for reckless driving. It´s very tight and responsive, and that´s something way better than what i fould on some PC sims that suffer from input lag.

Despite my criticisms, i think the driving model is evolving in a good way and it´s very comparable to any sim on the market, each with it´s ups and downs. The feeling of driving it´s still magical.

I can´t take the sounds anymore. It really stopped being a pet peeve and now it´s infuriating. I don´t care what they do, just fix it for GT7.

I liked the way the carrear mode is structured in a way that it´s less hassle and more racing, but it´s also GT1´s carrear mode with a twist.

I´ve only posted critiscisms, but i really enjoyed the scope of the game. Once again, it will be driving your favorite cars in a bunch of great tracks online with friends.

PS: still pissed with no leaderboards, specially since they´ve added some for the driving tests.

New tire model and no tire pressure adjustment? No flat tires? I`m sorry, in an age where a few guys with little money can do so much (like Kunos) there´s no excuse for being this arcadey in a game where you say you´re trying to be a sim.

That is a good point. I have barely tuned any cars at the point but if this partnership with a tire manufacture is such a boon for the game, how could they not have such a basic tuning feature?

I just had it happen to me twice during the Night Masters series. From what I can tell it's triggered by hitting the barrier during the sharp turn (the one at the bottom of a hill with a bunch of arrows on it) near the beginning of the course. I'm guessing it's because you may overshoot the checkpoint that's placed during the turn.

Hah! Lol that's brilliant.

EDIT: For shame on anyone using the exploit!

I am worried as to what PD's response to the credit exploit will be. They completely over reacted with the car duping, and that was before real world money was involved. No more selling cars ever? Even though selling cars has become pointless without being able to re win prize cars or trade anything.

So I've been hearing conflicting things from different sources about the state of money in the career mode; does the game suffer from the microtransaction stuff (i.e. hard to progress and get money at a reasonable pace)?

OmegaDL50

The first thing they are more then likely to do is make it so saves are locked to the current installed version of the game. When you update the save is also updated accordingly.

This will effectively make it so you can't delete the update and load your save.

Many other PS3 games also tie the save file to the games current version.

This is probably the quickest and most effective method of fixing the problem and prevents future people buying the game from being able to abuse it.

Mobius 1

So I've been hearing conflicting things from different sources about the state of money in the career mode; does the game suffer from the microtransaction stuff (i.e. hard to progress and get money at a reasonable pace)?

You won't see it unless you go looking. It's a non issue.

Randum

Neo Member
I'm reading through the posts but thought I'd put in my 2 cents after putting some serious time into GT6 after playing a lot of Forza 5. As much as I love the Gran Turismo franchise, it also really has pissed me off in a lot of ways. I enjoy cars too much to ignore it, but it does have some areas it needs to improve.

Big pros so far:
-Online is very robust, dig the lobby options
-Still like the gear guide instead of the driving lines, really helps and makes it a lot more enjoyable
-Menus are nicely laid out, and I DO LIKE the driving tests! And the "Coffee Breaks"
-All the car "knowledge" and videos are some of my favorite parts of the game.
-The actual driving feels nice and authentic for the most part, even using my dualshock works (I remapped gas/brake to L2 R2)

My biggest complaints have to be;
-lack of engine sounds that are relevant to the car you are driving. This literally annoys me to no end, the beefiest of cars sound like a honda civic with vtec kicking in...

-Over 1000 cars...but the modeling on the non-premium is horrible, not to mention the "blacked out cockpit" is just laughable. Just take these out...we don't need 37 variations of the miata...yes I counted.

-AI is brutally bad....the "Drivitar" on Forza, really creates a fantastic, unique driving experience. (If your friends drive nice!). The campaign just ends up feeling like a grind and you are racing yourself most of the time.

Overall, I just feel like this series needs some major updates to what Forza brought to the table for console car driving. I know I might be in the minority but this is after a solid weekend of play. I'd like to read everyone else's comments as well when comparing the two franchises.

So I got gold in all the Goodswood challenges with relative ease.....but then came the X2010.

I had to retry it about 50 times to even log a time....which nabbed me a silver. That car on that track is a nightmare. :p Gonna give that one up for a while.

yeah, these settings make the game much better for me, the formula gt with 670 is amazing to drive.

i can't wait to unlock the mcLaren-honda mp4/4 and the lotus 97t.

dirt and snow tracks @ 450

formula gt, rocket, caterham, x-bow @ 670

not all cars require a change though, for example the nsx and fxx are way to twitchy out of the 900 mode.

polyphony need to add steering set-up in the car settings menu

also, the 450 mode makes f1ce a bliss to drive - no more twitchfest handling

banderas.gif

I really hope this works with my DFGT.

Here you go - http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?order=price&start=0

Cars are organized from the most expensive starting at the top.

Just to let you know these prices are based on version 1.01

Anyone doing the exploit would probably better holding off buying cars such as the Minolta or the Redbull X201? models because their price is significantly reduced in 1.01 compared to 1.00

I will probably do the glitch to buy my favorite greater than 10mill cars and leave it at that, thay way I have all the cars that require ridiculous grinding and at the same time I still have to earn credits to buy other sensible cars.

My sense of progression is already screwed up anyways from the 25 15th anniversay cars I got with the preorder, I played the beginners cup with the 15th anniversary Ford Focus and I was lapping the AI.

muteki

So far up to National A or so I would say that the payouts for events are similar to GT5. Also I would say that the cost of cars is the same as GT5 (~1M GT3, ~5M LMP)

If you were fine with that in GT5 then I don't think you will have a problem with GT6. If the last game you played was GT4 or less, then it will probably seem like they are not giving out money enough.

chifanpoe

Don't use your brakes (throttle steer) and cut the corners more aggressively at each apex. You will catch him in no time.

Saroyan

So I got gold in all the Goodswood challenges with relative ease.....but then came the X2010.

I had to retry it about 50 times to even log a time....which nabbed me a silver. That car on that track is a nightmare. :p Gonna give that one up for a while.

That was my personal mission yesterday afternoon lol, I don't even know how many attempts it took, I was stuck at 0.070 over the gold time for quite a while and almost gave up but I finally nailed it. So hard to keep that car on such a narrow track

Ding-Ding

So far up to National A or so I would say that the payouts for events are similar to GT5. Also I would say that the cost of cars is the same as GT5 (~1M GT3, ~5M LMP)

If you were fine with that in GT5 then I don't think you will have a problem with GT6. If the last game you played was GT4 or less, then it will probably seem like they are not giving out money enough.

I would say something though. GT6 is really tight when it comes to prize cars. So very few and the majority are very low value cars.

So while GT6 is a little better than vanilla GT5 regarding obtaining credits, its going to be an arse ache for car collectors unless they bring back high paying seasonals soon

muteki

I would say something though. GT6 is really tight when it comes to prize cars. So very few and the majority are very low value cars.

So while GT6 is a little better than vanilla GT5 regarding obtaining credits, its going to be an arse ache for car collectors unless they bring back high paying seasonals soon

It seemed to me like the amount of prize cars balanced out once you started getting golds in the licenses/special events (which isn't that difficult this time around). If you stick to the regular career event though there are only 2/class.

To refresh my memory I went back and looked up the car prices from GT4. They were even cheaper than I thought ;_;

That was my personal mission yesterday afternoon lol, I don't even know how many attempts it took, I was stuck at 0.070 over the gold time for quite a while and almost gave up but I finally nailed it. So hard to keep that car on such a narrow track

It sucks. I'm the same......I get focused on one thing and don't want to do anything else till I have it conquered.....but that X2010's width is like 70% the width of the road you have to keep it on, and just one tiny little move of the stick makes it go crazy. And if it touches grass just a little bit....SPIN OUT!!!! I'll come back to it, but I need to break from it for a while.:p

Kiraly

That X2010 is not even fun to drive in my opinion, too insane. Would have loved a normal (Red Bull) F1 car much more.

I don't know if this is a common "trick" but the few times I have had to suffer and use a DS3 for driving, I found that holding up on the left stick the entire time and rotating the stick slightly to the sides for minute adjustments to be very helpful. The DS3 analog sticks are way too lose to ever use for precision driving imo. Maybe it would help for the X2010. Or... just get a wheel...do it.

I got stuck on that too. That car is not for humans to drive!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
The game's gamma is fucked up. Hope they fix it because you can't see shit at night and cockpit view is overly dark. Opposite of GT5 which had burnt whites and such.

Btw, game is selling like shit so far. It also managed 1/5th of the copies that GT5 sold at launch.

flashmouth

Neo Member
The game is so boring or let's say the career is, because racing on Le Mans into the night is kinda scary. You don't even have to tune the cars to win, it just happens. Licences and events are also very easy, if I can finish with gold with a 2s gap, there's something wrong cause I am not a very good driver.

I hope that changes later in the game, I am at International A at the moment.

Really missing the Drivatars, although they were kinda bumpy in the beginning of the race, they always put up a fight for first place.

skynidas

Banned
The game's gamma is fucked up. Hope they fix it because you can't see shit at night and cockpit view is overly dark. Opposite of GT5 which had burnt whites and such.

Btw, game is selling like shit so far. It also managed 1/5th of the copies that GT5 sold at launch.

no, it isn't. and that was only on the UK.

Top Bottom