• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

I know the M4 is coming, but there's no source for the December 12 rumor.

I can't find any official statement from Sony or PD, but it's running on nearly every car website. They're saying that Sony announced that it'll be available Thursday and that they've planned it to coincide with the actual unveiling of the real car, which is what happened with the GTR in Prologue.

Morzak

Did you try to change gears with H shifter??

I assume it doesn't unsettle the car because game matches perfectly engine rpms.

Yes G27 with H shifter and clutch (the clutch modelling sucks by the way, never had that much issues in any other game). It shouldn't match RPM's and even then if I go hard into corner and shift from 5 to 2 in one go I expect some kind of feedback but there is barely any even in those situation, it really seems like all this just doesn't exist in the physics modelling. Personally it makes most cars feel absolutely lifeless until you get past the apex and back on the gas.

I can't find any official statement from Sony or PD, but it's running on nearly every car website. They're saying that Sony announced that it'll be available Thursday and that they've planned it to coincide with the actual unveiling of the real car, which is what happened with the GTR in Prologue.

I wonder if the car is coming with a bigger patch.

No, for the digital version patch is integrated in the game file (20+ GB file you have). You have to delete the whole game and re-download few times in total it to take advantage of the "feature". So, it is a major inconvenience for PSN-only users.

BUT.

If you happen to have additional GT6 Blu-Ray version somewhere near (friend, brother, nice person from the local store to lend you promo for 2 hours) you will have the easiest procedure of them all without need to actually delete/update ANYTHING.

GT6 Blu-Ray version is 1.00 by default and console will recognize it as a separate GT6 game in the XMB. Basically, you will have GT6 1.00 on disc and GT6 V.101 on the HDD. Because the actual save-file is compatible between versions you only need to use your current V1.01 save file on dosc with 1.00 as default. Disconnect the console from the internet (to disable prompts, etc) and start a game from disc. Sell MBVGT for 20M, game will save. Quit, exit and start the game from V1.01 from the HDD. Use 20M to buy 20 MBVGT, game will save. Quit, exit, start the game again from disc. You will have 400M in those 20 MBVGT when you sell them and once you're done just head back to HDD version, update the previews and you're done.

Goddamn. GT6 was the first time I went digital day 1 for a big game release and it was such a pain all around. First the shop I ordered the PSN voucher codes from didn't send me the last €20 code until after the game came out, so I didn't get to pre-order it and that means no bonus cars for me. Then it took me a whole day (as in over 20 hours for various reasons, like PS3 is set to NAT Type 3, it lost the WiFi signal over night, slow PSN all around) to download the game, install the game, download the patch and install the patch.

And no, I don't have anyone I know of who got the game as well. We have one big electronic retailer here, but asking them for their promo copy would be like walking into Best Buy and asking them. There's no fricking way.

Ugh. What a pain. And now they even took car gifting out.

Can anyone explain how racing wheels (specifically the Logitech G27) works with force feedback between each car? Do different cars have different resistance based on what you're driving, or is it a universal setting?

Yes the FFB strength changes between cars. The biggest jump in resistance change is when you go from an road car to the X2010, Formula GT car or the Ferrari F1. The most important thing about FFB is that it communicates a lot about what your car is doing in game. The XB1 rumble triggers sound like they are a nice half step between a regular controller and a FFB wheel.

Sorry to go back a bit here, and to probably be a bit dense as well. Do you mean there is no meaningful engine braking on downshifts?

Note: I include the relationship of the transmission to the engine in terms of off-power engine braking, etc, in the general discussion here of "transmissions." I think the term "Powertrain" or "Drivetrain" might work too since that is the entire system that delivers power from the engine to the wheels, but whatever.

Anyone who has driven an automatic car and a manual car instantly notices the difference in how the manual car behaves when you let off the gas in first or second gear compared to automatic. With the AT, you lift and get a nice smooth coast, with the MT, in first or second gear, even at low speeds, you will get a good jolt of engine braking. Supposedly,an F1 car's engine braking edit: combined with the aero dynamic drag is the equivalent of a high end sports car under full braking load!

In GT games, the same way all of the up shifts are perfectly seamless F1 style shifts no matter what car you are driving, the down shifts behave the same way. Very minimal engine braking happens, super quick down shifts that never disrupt the car, even when you over down shift and smash the rev limiter. The down shifts all generally sound and feel exactly the same across wildly different spec cars.

All of this adds or detracts to the "weight" and total feel of a car. A stock Miata gear box should not feel or sound the same as a 787B. In some "other" sim I play, the lower end RWD cars, like the Miata that don't have the super beefy racing-grade brake rotors and pads, engine braking is a huge part of slowing down. With proper down shifting, you are getting some additional braking at the rear tires (obviously engine braking can only effect the wheels the engine is connected to), which tend to have smaller rear brake rotors. If you go into a corner at 100mph and hold down the clutch or go into neutral, and perfectly threshold brake, and then do the same with proper down shifting, you will substantially shorten your braking distance. If you watch a lot of the "alien" hot laps across several different racing sims, you will notice a lot of them aggressively downshift or dump shift and really squeeze every last bit of the engine braking out of the car since A) you don't care if you blow the engine because it is a game so every .001 of a second is worth the risk and B) not every game models/allows you to blow out your engine or transmission, so go nuts!

I just think that GT is getting the tire and suspension models to a point where they just need a lot of fine tuning for the next installment, (opposed to a massive overhaul like sound fx and AI) and the next area they really should focus on is the feel, behavior, and sound of different transmissions/drivetrains.

For a quick and dirty comparison. Watch the two videos below. Now I know the 787B and the Miata in GT5 and 6 don't sound "identical" but as you will see in the linked videos, they are certainly know where near as different in game as their real life counterparts. Take note of how each car sounds right after an upshift, when the driver is off the gas coasting into a corner, and of course how each car sounds with their respective downshifts and blips.

Miata at Limerock
787B at Le Mans
God I love the way the 787B sounds.

Yes G27 with H shifter and clutch (the clutch modelling sucks by the way, never had that much issues in any other game). It shouldn't match RPM's and even then if I go hard into corner and shift from 5 to 2 in one go I expect some kind of feedback but there is barely any even in those situation, it really seems like all this just doesn't exist in the physics modelling. Personally it makes most cars feel absolutely lifeless until you get past the apex and back on the gas.
Amen brother.

400.000.000 credits to be more exact (first you net 20M from selling your first VGT, then you buy 20 VGT's for that 20M in the V1.01 version of the game and once you return to 1.00 version you have 20 cars worth 400M in total).
My friend made use of this last night... and it worked flawlessly aside from the tedious, unending, nature of sorting through the dealership and spending $400,000,000 on cars. By the end of it he did not want to play the game and went to bed without driving any of his god-tier collection.

amar212

My friend made use of this last night... and it worked flawlessly aside from the tedious, unending, nature of sorting through the dealership and spending $400,000,000 on cars. By the end of it he did not want to play the game and went to bed without driving any of his god-tier collection.

Your "friend" should have only buy 35 most-expensive cars that would maybe be problematic to afford in the future and resort to play the game like nothing happend.

And NOT doing what some are doing with purchasing +250 cars, resting with 3rd batch of 20 VGTs in garage, 50M in credits capped in stack and feel thy've just killed the game for themselves by themselves.

Has anyone had a chance to drive the NSX concept? If so, does it have a proper cockpit view and is it worth 1 million Cr.? I love the way it looks.

Well, since no one answered me, I went ahead and bought it (sold the Citroen GT. Had enough of that car in GT5 and Prologue).

It does have a full interior and it's gorgeous. Seems fast as hell too. Beat the Tour of Japan on Suzuka by 25 seconds over the 2nd place LFA. With no tuning. Dunno if that says more about the car or the game's AI. :lol

dubc35

Your "friend" should have only buy 35 most-expensive cars that would maybe be problematic to afford in the future and resort to play the game like nothing happend.

And NOT doing what some are doing with purchasing +250 cars, resting with 3rd batch of 20 VGTs in garage, 50M in credits capped in stack and feel thy've just killed the game for themselves by themselves.

Yeah, I have no intention of doing the exploit. If people want to, and are, I have nothing against it. I feel like it would kill the game for me. I have about an hour a day or less to play it so I enjoy the grind. :)

Well, since no one answered me, I went ahead and bought it (sold the Citroen GT. Had enough of that car in GT5 and Prologue).

It does have a full interior and it's gorgeous. Seems fast as hell too. Beat the Tour of Japan on Suzuka by 25 seconds over the 2nd place LFA. With no tuning. Dunno if that says more about the car or the game's AI. :lol
If the gallery view option is available in the dealership it is a premium and has a modeled interior.

Laying in bed last night my friend very much felt as though he may have spoiled the game for himself. Then again, he finds the most joy turning laps in a 450pp Mercedes-Benz 190e evo w/ sporst tires at the Nordschleife and Bathurst... so all the extra fluff cars, are simply that... fluff.

If the guilt ever becomes too much to bear he can always revert back to his original save with his Ferrari 288 GTO & 1.3 million Cr which he earned honestly.

dubc35

Laying in bed last night my friend very much felt as though he may have spoiled the game for himself. Then again, he finds the most joy turning laps in a 450pp Mercedes-Benz 190e evo w/ sporst tires at the Nordschleife and Bathurst... so all the extra fluff cars, are simply that... fluff.

I haven't been keeping up with the whole exploit thing since I'm not interested in it, but are people shaming people that are using it? If not you can probably drop the "friend" thing, lol.

Megasoum

Banned
I haven't been keeping up with the whole exploit thing since I'm not interested in it, but are people shaming people that are using it? If not you can probably drop the "friend" thing, lol.

I think it started yesterday when I asked, for a friend, how exactly the exploit works.

Funny thing is, it was genuinly for a friend haha. No "Wink wink" there or anything like that, it really was for my friend lol.

Yes the FFB strength changes between cars. The biggest jump in resistance change is when you go from an road car to the X2010, Formula GT car or the Ferrari F1.
I believe this is mostly to do with tyre type - the FFB also becomes a lot heavier if you add racing tyres to a road car.

Supposedly,an F1 car's engine braking is the equivalent of a high end sports car under full braking load!
Not sure that's right - you might be thinking of the effect of aerodynamic drag when lifting off the throttle at high speed, not engine braking?

I agree that the transmission model needs a lot of attention. Every car seems to shift like it has a dual-clutch gearbox. However, I don't have a separate shifter, so perhaps it activates some pro transmission model if you do (there are lots of videos of people doing heel and toe techniques in Gran Turismo games... I always wonder why they're bothering if the gear is going to engage seamlessly anyway - perhaps someone with a stick can clarify this?).

If the gallery view option is available in the dealership it is a premium and has a modeled interior.

Not all premiums have modeled interiors. And the ones that don't (GTR Prototype and Merc Vision GT for example) are always concept cars, so I was unsure about the NSX.

If the guilt ever becomes too much to bear he can always revert back to his original save with his Ferrari 288 GTO & 1.3 million Cr which he earned honestly.

Why are you typing friend in italics? And what is this friend doing in bed with you? Is he a boyfriend?

I know your friend is you.

Back on topic, has there been any statement regarding what is going on with the headlights... I basically cannot see, and the gamma at night is way way way to black.

Back on topic, has there been any statement regarding what is going on with the headlights... I basically cannot see, and the gamma at night is way way way to black.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I honestly don't get this complaint. I played through the Night Masters event yesterday and had no issues seeing with high beams on. The road is lit up a lot better than it was in GT5.

Morzak

I believe this is mostly to do with tyre type - the FFB also becomes a lot heavier if you add racing tyres to a road car.

Not sure that's right - you might be thinking of the effect of aerodynamic drag when lifting off the throttle at high speed, not engine braking?

I agree that the transmission model needs a lot of attention. Every car seems to shift like it has a dual-clutch gearbox. However, I don't have a separate shifter, so perhaps it activates some pro transmission model if you do (there are lots of videos of people doing heel and toe techniques in Gran Turismo games... I always wonder why they're bothering if the gear is going to engage seamlessly anyway - perhaps someone with a stick can clarify this?).

Clutch and H-Shifter do not impact the modelling of transmision/clutch/drivetrain. Like I said earlier you can basically shift down hard from 5 to 2 while cornering and not get any adverse effects. I'm assuming people doing heel-toe do it because they are used to it, I can't find any benefit of doing it. Also just engaging clutch does nearly nothing to the driving model it seems.

Honestly this and the laughable AI are the biggest turn offs and I really don't feel like playing more career races, the game just gifts you the win (just try out racing a high B or low A race with a FIT and see what happens in the last lap).

amar212

So, are the endurance events actually nerfed into half hour stupidity now?

Solal will gladly give stastical data about percentage for endurances, go to GTPlanet and read zillion lines of text people bitching and crying about endurances, go to PS forums and read about classuits from Trophy whorers and Platinum hunters and you will see there is just no way we ca have a nice things.

On the other hand, I guess proper enduros will return once B-Spec is introduced.

I'm not going to use the exploit. It's hooked me, hard, and I want to keep it normal.

Also, does nobody know about my question: can you redo races in a cup or series to get the prize car twice?

Like I said earlier in the thread, I honestly don't get this complaint. I played through the Night Masters event yesterday and had no issues seeing with high beams on. The road is lit up a lot better than it was in GT5.
Thanks for the heads up, I will take a look this evening. I assume "high-beams" are mapped to a certain button, and they are OFF by default?

Neptune

I'm having a great time with the game so far, but this has to be the absolute worst soundtrack in a Gran Turismo title thus far. I had to turn BGM off entirely to escape the endless generic pop-rock that pops up at every turn.

This is actually very reasonable. Sometimes people just want to drive hot laps with crazy cars, but don't really have the time to grind the money.
Not paying a cent for MT credits.

I'm having a great time with the game so far, but this has to be the absolute worst soundtrack in a Gran Turismo title thus far. I had to turn BGM off entirely to escape the endless generic pop-rock that pops up at every turn.

It's fucking terrible. And worse, the custom soundtracks tool seems to be kind of broken - it pauses at the beginning and end of a race, and seems to sometimes just reset itself back to the default soundtrack. Ugh.

EDIT: I also can't believe we're having to identify premiums by seeing whether or not the car has tinted windows and a gallery view. FFS Kaz, if you're gonna create this two tier system, at least make it as easy as possible for me to avoid it. I'm perfectly happy with 200 cars.

Actually, grinding in this game is much worse. I´ve raced 49 times and some special eventos and i´ve only won a little over 500k. It´s not enough for a single SuperGT car.

I´ve only driven the shitboxes required to the events, because there´s not a lot of money going around.

I won´t collect cars this time, will only play with a handful of them. Maybe the events on Super will give me more money, but so far the first three tiers are nothing but scraps.

I agree with more realism on ABS TCS ASM systems... some cars shouldn´t even have this option. Traction control on a ´57 BMW or in a muscle car? That´s the kind of joke i didn´t expected in a Racing Sim in 2013. If you have that it should be a separate part to buy.

It´s somewhat frustrating that not only GT, but other sims as well don´t go as realistic as possible even when it´s not an issue with tech. For me it´s all about recreating motorsports, and there´s so much more they could be doing it.

ADRIANF1esp

Neo Member
Graphics, sound and physics comparison between Gran Turismo 6, Project CARS and Assetto Corsa. This comparison has been done in Silverstone circuit with McLaren MP4-12C in the three games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_QdM_Tx4c8

Seems the fight between David and Goliath, but I've done this comparison because I think that is interesting for all see the differences and the positive side of GT6, I think that defends quite well, what is your opinion?

Actually, grinding in this game is much worse. I´ve raced 49 times and some special eventos and i´ve only won a little over 500k. It´s not enough for a single SuperGT car.

I´ve only driven the shitboxes required to the events, because there´s not a lot of money going around.

I won´t collect cars this time, will only play with a handful of them. Maybe the events on Super will give me more money, but so far the first three tiers are nothing but scraps.

I agree with more realism on ABS TCS ASM systems... some cars shouldn´t even have this option. Traction control on a ´57 BMW or in a muscle car? That´s the kind of joke i didn´t expected in a Racing Sim in 2013. If you have that it should be a separate part to buy.

It´s somewhat frustrating that not only GT, but other sims as well don´t go as realistic as possible even when it´s not an issue with tech. For me it´s all about recreating motorsports, and there´s so much more they could be doing it.

By the time you reach the third tier, it's generally at least 30G per race. I feel like that's fairly standard ramp up for a GT game. I've found no difference with the prior entries in terms of grind. If anything I'm a little surprised by how often I'm winning golds.

By the time you reach the third tier, it's generally at least 30G per race. I feel like that's fairly standard ramp up for a GT game. I've found no difference with the prior entries in terms of grind. If anything I'm a little surprised by how often I'm winning golds.
Yea, golds in general (license, missions, & Goodwood), seem easier than past GT games.

paskowitz

Unless PD prevent players from buying the VGT, I do not see how this patch could be fixed. As long as the car is in your garage, you can always go back to 1.00 and do the exploit. They would have to suspend purchase of the car and given the promotional aspect of the car for MB, I doubt this will happen anytime soon. The only solution I can think of is you cannot buy the car in a future update, only test drive it.

At least it gives, would be hackers slightly less ammo to break open the game.

Somebody at PD QA is probably in the hot seat right now. I would hate to be "that guy" at the office.

Also, what is happening with NRL? We need to get this show on the road.

Its one of those things I have heard a bunch of times through the years, since the V12 days, who knows. It obviously depends on what gear you are in too. The statement was more just to emphasize that there can be a tremendous amount of engine braking variation between cars. This only enforces the idea that Mythbusters need to get their hands on an F1 car and drive it upside down and all of the other F1 mythos out there.

As already answered, heel toe is probably just user preference, it is not required for GT a all. Using an H shifter and clutch sucks in GT. It contributes far more frustrations with its shortcomings than it does immersion. I can heel toe, but most cars in sim games I am able to rev match and clutchless down shift which allows me to left foot brake, which has become my dominant braking foot years ago. I need far more realistic pedals, or at the very least a better setup of them (G27 stock with sock mod here) to convincingly heel toe the same way I can in a real world cars. I would love to see the basic inclusion of things like full throttle upshifts, lift with no clutch upshifts and regular clutch upshifts. It contributes a lot to the character of the car and would certainly register to the player when they went from that stock transmission where they clutch for all shifts, to a racing transmission where they can go full sequential with no lifts or clutch etc.

IISANDERII

Graphics, sound and physics comparison between Gran Turismo 6, Project CARS and Assetto Corsa. This comparison has been done in Silverstone circuit with McLaren MP4-12C in the three games.

Seems the fight between David and Goliath, but I've done this comparison because I think that is interesting for all see the differences and the positive side of GT6, I think that defends quite well, what is your opinion?
Holy shit that Project Cars is coming to PS4?
I was just thinking that it's a shame there's hardly any competition in this genre and was wondering if Sony doesn't want anything cutting into their flagship sales. I am blissfulyl wrong.

hmm are there fewer events in gt6 than there were in gt5? granted, gt5 had a full lineup of special events while gt6 only has 2 with more to be added but at the onset this seems like a disappointment

forever gone are the days of expecting a stable of events like gt4

Seanspeed

Banned

I still don't quite get what you're trying to show there. Your GT footage looks really bad and I don't think that's representative of what it looks like normally.

Sound on the McLaren isn't half-bad, surprisingly. Not as good as PCars, but not nearly as digital sounding as usual.

And physics, well its quite hard to tell from a video.

Stoffinator

I found a glitch in the National A Night Master race on Matterhorn. I took the lead and about half way through the first lap, but when I came to the start finish line, it registered me as in last place (10). I finished the race hoping it would work itself out. It did not. Has anybody else had this issue? I also saved the replay of it.

Bulk_Rate

Is there an option to adjust the cockpit view? Saw some videos where in some cars you can barely see the mirrors because the camera is so close to the windscreen.

If its like GT5 (I have not checked yet) you can enable multi-monitor even with a single screen, and then adjust the FOV to your preference.

I think the default cockpit FOV is pretty good.

I found a glitch in the National A Night Master race on Matterhorn. I took the lead and about half way through the first lap, but when I came to the start finish line, it registered me as in last place (10). I finished the race hoping it would work itself out. It did not. Has anybody else had this issue? I also saved the replay of it.

It happened to me twice. Did you overshoot this corner at any point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nEr5-zChGQQ#t=65

If you notice there's a checkpoint placed right around that corner and I think the issue is that it won't trigger if you overshoot (or possibly crash hard) into that corner.

Neptune

This has happened to me in three separate races on Matterhorn, nowhere else.

Like Seanspeed, I don't understand these videos.

Audio - they all sound different, so at least two of them are wrong.

Visuals - difficult to assess at the best of times on YouTube (framerate cap, loss of detail in compression), and now that you've put three tiny videos side by side it's even harder to make any reasonable observations.

Physics - also very difficult to tell from footage - you need to feel how the car is responding to inputs - if you're only looking or listening for inputs and then watching to see the behaviour, it's already too late to gauge whether the response was accurate or not. So the most I could say is that none of them appeared to do anything alarmingly different to each other, nor did they do anything that seemed too unrealistic.

The most obvious difference between the three is the lack of 1-to-1 rotation of the wheels in GT. I wish they'd fix that. But at the same time, I don't want to see arms flailing about everywhere. Gimme 1-to-1 rotation, let me disable the arms, or let me remove the arms and wheel altogether.

Top Bottom