• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 and Demon's Souls Remake are the last two Sony first-party games from the GeForce leak remaining

What game will Sony port to PC next?

• Bloodborne

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Astro Bot

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • The Last of Us Part II

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Demon's Souls Remake

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Other?

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
We all remember the legendary GeForce leak from a few years back. Well, only two of Sony's first-party games in that leak are yet to be released on PC.

This is the list:

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Edition = ✓
HELLDIVERS 2 = ✓
Horizon Forbidden West = ✓ (2024)
GT7 = X
Déraciné = X
God of War = ✓
Returnal = ✓
Demon Souls = X
Ratchet and Clank (no specified game) = ✓ (Was Rift Apart)
Sackboy: A Big Adventure = ✓
Ghost of Tsushima = ✓ (May 16 2024)

There is Deraciné, but it was developed by From. Still, it was published by Sony, so they probably own the IP. Will one of Demon's Souls or Gran Turismo 7 come to PC? Will both? If not, what is the next major Sony exclusive do you see coming to PC next?

Skifi28

DS is coming for sure, but I'm not so sure about GT. Not that Sony doesn't want to, but Polyphony is one of those studios that will probably not want someone else to port their baby. Which makes it tough as they have few people and are probably already too busy both supporting gt7 and developing 8 (maybe they even have something new under development like Tourist Trophy 2, who knows). It could be a while for a port, or even never.

Also, I find the GeForce leaks more of a coincidence than anything else. I doubt even Sony had decided back then to port everything. I mean the leak was when, 2021? If DS gets a port in say 2025, do we really believe it has been under development for so long? I doubt there was even a single line of PC code for it back then, or even the intent to port it. If/when it does gets released, it will probably have nothing to do with the leak.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That Geforce leak was crazy. And googling it, it happened almost 3 years ago to the day.

Goes to show how buddy buddy game studios are with PC makers years in advance of telling gamers or releasing a PC port.

willothedog

Spider-man 2
Kraven the Hunter movie is released in December and would be a good tie-in. The PC port was mostly feature-complete from the Insomniac leak.

That Geforce leak was crazy. And googling it, it happened almost 3 years ago to the day.

Goes to show how buddy buddy game studios are with PC makers years in advance of telling gamers or releasing a PC port.
Throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Can't really predict games that aren't even in development for said platform.

Last edited:

Kurotri

I'm the kinda guy that's easily pleased. When I first powered up Demons Souls on PS5 I felt like I was teleported to next-gen. The visuals were insane, AND it ran buttery smooth at 60 fps. I wasn't used to that. That was unfortunately also the last time I was wowed. I had never played the original on PS3 before, so I felt it was my duty to catch up by playing the remake. I know some die hard fans of the original hated it for a variety of reasons, but to me it was an absolutely fantastic experience and if it does eventually come to PC, ya'll need to try it 100%.

Also shoutout to Tower of Latria, the atmosphere made me piss my pants. And if you hate Blighttown you don't know shit about the Valley of Defilement.

I think next will be Spiderman 2. TLOU 2 afterwards. And I can totally see GT 7 come out before DS, call it a gut feeling. Shit's gonna take a while even if it came out 4 years ago.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I think next will be Spiderman 2. TLOU 2 afterwards.
Sad Futurama GIF

Senua

They'll come, they always come.

It's funny going back and seeing the usuals shit on the list as being "fake" and a "pipe dream" even as it was happening.

rm082e

I WISH it were Bloodborne

Realisticly, it will be Spider Man 2 or Demons Souls. I have to imagine they were dragging their feet on a DS PC release until they saw Elden Ring sell a buhjillion copies.

Preseznik

Neo Member
Oh my god, if they bring GT7 I sell my PS5 (after I finish Astro bot of course).

I'm fine with waiting for PC releases after that, but I just couldn't wait for GT7 and PSVR2.

For whatever reason, Sony protects GT for consoles. All other games (even big SP sellers) can get PC ports. But not GT. MLB too.

Yea makes me wonder if the teams are just to small to support so many platforms. I know the GT team will never want anyone else touching their port but I'm sure they are busy enough as is. Might be something that Sony does later. Maybe they slowly expand the teams and build them up to the point they can do a PC port as well.

Bry0

I really really want gt7 but demon souls just seems more probable to me.
I think GT7 could be done but I just wonder about the patching. Will polyphony do content updates for both platforms? Will the porting studio have to test all the content updates? Are they waiting for no more content updates THEN porting it?

I feel like there’s a logistical question there that isn’t really a factor for the single player games. I mean yeah we have the live service games that get updates on both platforms like helldivers, but polyphony is weird.

simpatico

Gold Member
Don't both with Demon's Souls unless you include the original version too. I don't need any graphics options beyond resolution.

Holammer

It's a choice between Demon's souls & GT7 for me.
PS4 version of GT7 is no doubt dangerously close to running in ShadPS4, so I would fast track that one ASAP. Because it's not only getting emulated, people will mod it to high heavens and activate disabled settings like motion-blur and other stuff.

Astrobot is going to take 6-12 months minimum. Plenty of time for RoboFu to prepare mentally for competitive Dualsense eating.

AmuroChan

For whatever reason, Sony protects GT for consoles. All other games (even big SP sellers) can get PC ports. But not GT. MLB too.

MLB is only a matter of time I would imagine. When MLB went multiplat, SIE San Diego started with the XBox version first. Then the Switch version was added a year or two later. So I think the PC version is definitely on the roadmap.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Games I actually want:
  • Bloodborne
  • Astro Bot
  • Gran Turismo
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dreams
  • Gravity Rush I and II Remastered
Games we'll actually get:
  • Spider Jane 2
  • God of Atreus 2
  • Lesbian Drama Part 2
You would think Sony would get a clue after how well Ghost of Tsushima sold as to what PC gamers want, but they did publish Concord, so I guess not.

Top Bottom