• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Whether you love competitive racing, building the ultimate car collection, or customizing and staring at your dream car, Gran Turismo 7 on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 has something to offer car enthusiasts and the car curious alike.

Want to know how realistic Gran Turismo 7's Real Driving Simulator features are? We tapped the talents of car expert, Mr. JWW to let us know whether or not it's the real deal.

Presented by Gran Turismo 7.

Intro - 0:00
Expert Intro - 0:43
GT Café/Cornering - 1:00
Driving in the Rain - 2:00
Oval Lap - 2:54
Education and Tuning - 3:39
Sport Mode and Etiquette - 5:00
GT Series - 6:30
Used Car Dealership - 7:33
Invite-Only Cars - 8:29
Concept Cars - 9:45
Go Karts - 10:55
Customization - 11:38

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Gran-Turismo-7-20220404234724.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220406000841.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220404235532.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220405002005.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220405001901.png

source.gif

SLB1904

Banned
Fook me, trying to get gold on some of those circuit experience trials is super tight! Cheered myself up with a 1 million + cred shopping spree 😂
the spa and Redbull ring was so easy. i don't think ill do the Nurburgring 24h layout. i dread that track so much. but its 6mil 😓

R6Rider

Gold Member
Did a few Circuit Experiences and mostly accepting Bronze before going on. Made decent amount in a short time and proceeded to buy 10 cars at the used car dealership.

Total cars now at 104.

Aenima

Im happy with just getting bronze in all licences, missions, and circuit experience. After Elden Ring and having to retry some bosses multiple times, i fear for my controller health if i had to do the same to beat some of these gold times.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Farming the 800pp races with the CLK has been just a blast with the increased rewards. I also golded several circuit experiences and went from a wallet of like 50.000 this morning to having over 18 million. Jesus PD, took you a while but we can finally have some fun in the game. Now keep adding events/cars/tracks and we're square.
Yep, been farming the 800pp with my tuned ZL1. Loving it.

Jorav

Did the Kyoto driving park enduro mission. Failed the first go thinking I could put hard tyres on and lean fuel and go the whole way. Ended up 9th lol. Tried again and went full ham, full power fuel and pitted after the first 30min. Ended up 1st ahead by 30sec

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m at 80% of the trophies so far. I don’t have PlayStation plus so won’t be able to get platinum though.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
After getting fully gold on 8 circuit experiences i have some things to say,
- FUCK SARAH
- FUCK THAT 180° rotating camera in the beginning
- FUCK THE stupid penalties in circuit experience (one of the dumbest thing ever)

This is me after missing gold by 0.015 sec after trying 100 times
e44cb2f5bee91174bf277481cbd01e6d_w200.gif

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I think I understand what the AI is doing now and mind blown I think it’s brilliant. This is a great game.

As an aside it also occurred to me I have no desire to post here anymore. For instance I’m not going to elaborate on the above. Information is valuable and surely by now everyone’s heard the phrase: if something is free you are the product.

That shit is hitting home lately and frankly I wonder why anyone wastes energy effort-posting on message boards anymore.

If I (and I’m speaking in general here) want to engage with the internet on the subject of video games, its plainly obvious that speaking over gameplay footage with a smidge of production value and uploading it is the way to go. Why would I post shit here unless it was for exposure for my main channel or brand?

I think everyone should be thinking about things like this tbh. If you think your opinion is actually worth a shit start doing tiktok or yt vids instead of effort-posting for free for these dated-ass forums that literally no one reads.
The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

cormack12

Gold Member
Amy tips on what best to tune if your arse is sliding on fast corners? I have the upgrades via the tuning like weight reduction and have slightly tweaked suspension height. Seems to happen in the 700pp and above

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Amy tips on what best to tune if your arse is sliding on fast corners? I have the upgrades via the tuning like weight reduction and have slightly tweaked suspension height. Seems to happen in the 700pp and above
If you are oversteering buy a ballast and put some weight in front if your engine is on the back or vice versa

Jorav

I assume you have downforce add ons through GT auto? And check your cars balance and modify via the ballast. Both of those have helped me stabilise some cars.

cormack12

Gold Member
I assume you have downforce add ons through GT auto? And check your cars balance and modify via the ballast. Both of those have helped me stabilise some cars.
I have not? I only been going to tuning and lowering the suspension to generate more downforce.

Only been to auto for car washes, liveries and body wide kits. I must be missing a section, will have a look there later

DJ12

I have not? I only been going to tuning and lowering the suspension to generate more downforce.

Only been to auto for car washes, liveries and body wide kits. I must be missing a section, will have a look there later
Its in the same section as the liveries(the middle option for gt autos) you have one with accessories like headlight colours and another for body kits etc.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

I finished the first three new endurance missions. First one bronze, second silver and the third on gold.

I was pretty close on getting silver in the first race but gold seems unattainable with my skill.
The second race is a bit easier but still ways to go for gold.
The third one was quite easy especially compared to the first two.

I really like these races.

SLB1904

Banned
I finished the first three new endurance missions. First one bronze, second silver and the third on gold.

I was pretty close on getting silver in the first race but gold seems unattainable with my skill.

This game has so much content that I even touch those missions.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

What do you feel is hard regarding the first race?

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

What do you feel is hard regarding the first race?
My poor driving skills. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The weather change together with how to takle tire choice and pit stops isn't too easy. I've looked online and my choices aren't even that bad. So to judge objectively my level of skill just isn't there to get to the first place.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Am I right that the only way to do engine swaps is by randomly winning an engine in the roulette? Who thought this was a good idea lol

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Am I right that the only way to do engine swaps is by randomly winning an engine in the roulette? Who thought this was a good idea lol

They were probably going to sell roulette tickets. They already had invites and engine upgrades, probably toss some exclusive cars in there too.

Aenima

They were probably going to sell roulette tickets. They already had invites and engine upgrades, probably toss some exclusive cars in there too.
Invites are bugged right now, this update was supposed to extend the invitations to 30 days but they are not working as intended, as compensation the next update everyone will get invites for all manufactors that sell cars with invitation only. So if thers any cars ppl want that are invite only cars, get ur credits ready.

The new 3 races in world circuit that pay alot are also bugged, but in favor of the player. They always give you the clean race reward, even if you bump against other cars, so if anyone wanna farm credits, this is the time, this races pay 550k, with clean race bonus is 825k. Even if the race in La Sarthe is pretty easy to finish 1st with a legit clean race.

But man trying to finish 1st in the new 12 lap in Tokyo Expressway was hard. Had to grab my stock GT-R 17, and tune and de-tune it multiple times to find a good balance between top speed and grip. Finally found a good balance by just using a custom suspension, using Medium Sport tires, so i only had to pit to change tires 1 time. Added an extra 200kg to the car to reduce the pp so i could have more power for the top speed. And that was enough, but still finished 1st with the 2nd and 3rd place A.I. cars glued to me. No racing brakes and the extra weight make the car break like shit but thers only 2 turns where its needed to break hard so using some touches of the handbrake helps to decrease the speed in these 2 turns.
The biggest problem with this race to me, aside from the AI being fast, is the penalty system. Each time you bump into a wall its a 5 seconds penalty, and thats alot in a track that is fully surounded by walls.

After many adjustments and some tries i finnaly got the 1st place and that sweet 825k credits. Also used this amazing livery that made me spend a good amount of time watching the replay and taking pics.

bf4506326104d9ab517d9683553f5b8e_photo.webp

Pubble splash at high speed.
4cd8e89bf462d6ccb177824134b2d214_photo.webp

Celcius

°Temp. member
Has anyone seen the penzoil r34 skyline for sale yet? If so, do you know how much it is? I’m assuming it shows up in the legend dealership?

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Invites are bugged right now, this update was supposed to extend the invitations to 30 days but they are not working as intended, as compensation the next update everyone will get invites for all manufactors that sell cars with invitation only. So if thers any cars ppl want that are invite only cars, get ur credits ready.

The new 3 races in world circuit that pay alot are also bugged, but in favor of the player. They always give you the clean race reward, even if you bump against other cars, so if anyone wanna farm credits, this is the time, this races pay 550k, with clean race bonus is 825k. Even if the race in La Sarthe is pretty easy to finish 1st with a legit clean race.

But man trying to finish 1st in the new 12 lap in Tokyo Expressway was hard. Had to grab my stock GT-R 17, and tune and de-tune it multiple times to find a good balance between top speed and grip. Finally found a good balance by just using a custom suspension, using Medium Sport tires, so i only had to pit to change tires 1 time. Added an extra 200kg to the car to reduce the pp so i could have more power for the top speed. And that was enough, but still finished 1st with the 2nd and 3rd place A.I. cars glued to me. No racing brakes and the extra weight make the car break like shit but thers only 2 turns where its needed to break hard so using some touches of the handbrake helps to decrease the speed in these 2 turns.
The biggest problem with this race to me, aside from the AI being fast, is the penalty system. Each time you bump into a wall its a 5 seconds penalty, and thats alot in a track that is fully surounded by walls.

After many adjustments and some tries i finnaly got the 1st place and that sweet 825k credits. Also used this amazing livery that made me spend a good amount of time watching the replay and taking pics.

Cool read and pics 🙌

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Thanks for the insight! Still haven't finished in first place so i will give this a go.

Fox Mulder

I just did it in a stock ferrari 458 turned to 90% power on hards. Only pit once for fuel.

GHG

First thing you need to loom at is tires. For anything outputting more than 500hp you really ought to make the switch to racing tires if possible. That alone will make a huge difference for high speed stability.

If you still need more stability after that then stiffer springs and as others have mentioned, increasing aero downforce (but note, with the latter you will be sacrificing some top speed in exchange for the added stability).

So in order of things to change/look at:

1. Tires
  2. Suspension
  3. Aerodynamics
As a general rule of thumb when making adjustments to a car, start with the point that makes contact with the road (tires) and then work away from there. It will make your life much easier in identifying problems when making changes.

Edit:

This is what I always refer back to when doing any setup stuff in iracing, core principles will also apply here:

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Aenima Aenima what car did you use for the 700pp la Sarthe race? Trying to find a good balance with fuel consumption for pits.

I also think the 800pp at Daytona world tour is bugged for clean race. No matter how clean I complete it, no hitting, no shortcuts, no wall scrapes it won’t give it to me.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Has anyone seen the penzoil r34 skyline for sale yet? If so, do you know how much it is? I’m assuming it shows up in the legend dealership?
Nope not yet. Literally the only legendary I want

Do you happen to remember how much the Supra was? I’m assuming they’ll be the same price

Damn I'm glad I pre ordered the game. That supra was expensive but I don't remember how much it was

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

I also think the 800pp at Daytona world tour is bugged for clean race. No matter how clean I complete it, no hitting, no shortcuts, no wall scrapes it won’t give it to me.
I never had a problem with that race in terms of clean driving in particular and i did it about 20 times.

Top Bottom