• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I Suck Monica Raymund GIF by Hightown
Maybe there is a part of the track that you cross which renders the "clean state" invalid.

SLB1904

Banned
Golded deep forest in lethal r8 gr3, wasnt easy at all :d
Not gonna lie, I kinda low key mocked you.
The r8 is a car I own and I was racing in deep forest on dailies before the update.
The first hairpin I got gold in the first try but then the infield area my god. Shit is bumpy, and the car is not the same because in the dailies was bop. Jesus christ, I'm literally exausted.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe there is a part of the track that you cross which renders the "clean state" invalid.
Just got it first try after typing that prior post. Must have been either crossing over the double yellow to pit way too early, or possibly tires crossing over yellow on passes in the past.

Edit: Yep, it was crossing into the pit part way too early so I was over the white line, you have to cross when the white line is turned into the pit so you’re not crossing over it.

Last edited:

Skifi28

The endurance race with the kei cars was harder than it had any right to be. The AI was just brutal, couldn't pull away. It's a miracle I won.

Aenima

Aenima Aenima what car did you use for the 700pp la Sarthe race? Trying to find a good balance with fuel consumption for pits.

I also think the 800pp at Daytona world tour is bugged for clean race. No matter how clean I complete it, no hitting, no shortcuts, no wall scrapes it won’t give it to me.
I use the GR.3 GT-R tunned down to meet the 700pp. (I bought the power limiter, and reduce its power to 80%) I start the race with racing hard tires and fuel map at 1, by the end of lap 2 im usually in 1st place and change the fuel map to 6. At around lap 4 i need to refuel, if its already raining i change to rain tires, if its not raining yet i keep using the hard tires. Even with pit stop im usually at 1st place so i keep using fuel map 6. Sometimes if it rains later and heavy i go one more time to the boxes to change for rain tires, but i dont refuel. When it rains alot the AI cars will be extra slow because of using the wrong tires and when this happens i end up winning with more than 1 minute to the guy in 2nd place.

Any GR.3 car should be good to do this since all AI cars in this race are GR.4 cars. So they are slower.

Celcius Celcius dont remember well the exact price of the Supra, but i think it was around 1 million. And yeah, the Penzoil GT-R will probably be around that too.

Edit: The Supra costed 1.5 million.
All-Legend-Cars-List.jpg

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I choked winning my first try at the Tsukuba endurance race mission on the last turn. The AI will pit for inters then wets or in reverse when drying. I just took wets and saved a pit stop even if I was a little slower.

The game should just give you the credits when your scumbag ass enters the tomahawk X in the WTC 600 race at Tokyo.

Last edited:

Aenima

I choked winning my first try at the Tsukuba endurance race mission on the last turn. The AI will pit for inters then wets or in reverse when drying. I just took wets and saved a pit stop even if I was a little slower.

The game should just give you the credits when your scumbag ass enters the tomahawk X in the WTC 600 race at Tokyo.
Can that car even reach the 600PP? Car is an absurd with more than 1300pp

I think i screwed my car tune for the Tsukuba cuz i tought it was racing with sport tires so i tuned some engine parts to reach closer to the pp limit, but then realized i had to use racing tires and that increased by alot the pp and i could not detune the engine parts. Might have to buy a new engine for the car.

I gave the race 1 try, but i did awfull and rage quited. My strategy was to race with hard tires and fuel map at 6 to make as little pit stops as possble, but i was so slow that the cars in front was already laping me even with pit stops. The Ai is also very agressive and dont have a problem pushing you out of the track if your are in the way.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Insane. I might try it for fun. But i think i prefer farming in La Sarthe even if its a mandatory 30 minute race.

It’s crazy driving this thing at full speed with it wet and dodging walls and far slower AI. There’s more enjoyable races to grind for sure, this is just probably more efficient.

Fox Mulder

GT7 smacks the crap out of Forza there’s so much.

Turn 10 has been pretty quiet with the new Forza Motorsports. I’m interested to see how it ends up on a new engine and not cross gen.

It’s pretty much Forza and Gran Turismo on consoles these days, wish they’re both great.

Aenima

It’s crazy driving this thing at full speed with it wet and dodging walls and far slower AI. There’s more enjoyable races to grind for sure, this is just probably more efficient.
Lol just bought the car and tuned it for 600pp following the redit gear ratios. Gonna give tokyo expressway a try buy i already fear the 5 seconds penalties each time i bump a wall.

Aenima

Lol what a ride with Tomahawk in Tokyo. Finished it in 22 minutes.

But my 1st try was hilarious. So i was using Traction Control at 1 and automatic shifting, by the time i reached the last corner i already had a 30 second penalty acumulated, then the computer dont undertand how to shift with this gear ratio once you are stoped, and the car was changing gears between 1 and 3 and make me spin. Had to set the TCS to 5 and use manual shift, i just put the car in the 7th gear and was a smooth ride this way, always driving in 7th gear. It will still be hard to do a clean race with this car in this track once they fix the clean race bug. But for now, its an easy 825k in 22 minutes. Car costed 1 million, one more race and it paid itself.

Actually had alot of fun. Car is so absurd.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Lol what a ride with Tomahawk in Tokyo. Finished it in 22 minutes.

But my 1st try was hilarious. So i was using Traction Control at 1 and automatic shifting, by the time i reached the last corner i already had a 30 second penalty acumulated, then the computer dont undertand how to shift with this gear ratio once you are stoped, and the car was changing gears between 1 and 3 and make me spin. Had to set the TCS to 5 and use manual shift, i just put the car in the 7th gear and was a smooth ride this way, always driving in 7th gear. It will still be hard to do a clean race with this car in this track once they fix the clean race bug. But for now, its an easy 825k in 22 minutes. Car costed 1 million, one more race and it paid itself.

Actually had alot of fun. Car is so absurd.
Oh I am so doing this tonight.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Does anyone know if there is a way to save player made liveries for helmets and suits so you can swap between them? I’m not seeing it and I assume now.

With cars you can just buy a new car to have multiple.

Aenima

Does anyone know if there is a way to save player made liveries for helmets and suits so you can swap between them? I’m not seeing it and I assume now.

With cars you can just buy a new car to have multiple.
Yes. You add them to your collection. Then go in GT Auto, ckick on ur current helmet or suit then click on the collection to see all the suits and helmets u downloaded. Then just click in one of them to equip it.

You can also have multiple liveries for the same car and just change liveries.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes. You add them to your collection. Then go in GT Auto, ckick on ur current helmet or suit then click on the collection to see all the suits and helmets u downloaded. Then just click in one of them to equip it.

You can also have multiple liveries for the same car and just change liveries.
How do I add to collection? Not seeing that option or button to do so from content search.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Now I’ve got $6 million in the bank, and that’s after buying several expensive cars. This tomohawk exploit is amazing

Aenima

How do I add to collection? Not seeing that option or button to do so from content search.
When you go to "Showcase" in the game map, you can search for liveries there. When you click on a livery to see it better, there will be some icons on the left side, to give a like, to comment, etc. One of those icons is called Collection. If you click on it, there will be a check mark on the icon and that livery will be added to you collection.

If you then want to remove a livery from your collection, you do the same, but this time you open your collection, then click on a livery, and click on the collection icon to remove the check mark.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
When you go to "Showcase" in the game map, you can search for liveries there. When you click on a livery to see it better, there will be some icons on the left side, to give a like, to comment, etc. One of those icons is called Collection. If you click on it, there will be a check mark on the icon and that livery will be added to you collection.

If you then want to remove a livery from your collection, you do the same, but this time you open your collection, then click on a livery, and click on the collection icon to remove the check mark.
That’s what I thought, thanks!

The Tomahawk is hilarious, kind of fun to drive too. The exploit works for other races as well, but I doubt anything else pays better money for the time spent. Besides, I would rather race actual cars for the events and not cheese through everything.

Fox Mulder

The Tomahawk is hilarious, kind of fun to drive too. The exploit works for other races as well, but I doubt anything else pays better money for the time spent. Besides, I would rather race actual cars for the events and not cheese through everything.

It works in the deep forest endurance mission too. You can do sub 1 minute laps. I did 55 laps in 60 minutes.

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

The endurance race with the kei cars was harder than it had any right to be. The AI was just brutal, couldn't pull away. It's a miracle I won.
The times of the AI vary quite a bit. So when you try another race on the same mission it can be different.

Forsete

Tokyo Expressway 600PP race is driving me nuts.

Recommend me a car for that race please. You'll have to begin the race with IM tyres.

tommib

Gold Member
It’s been almost a month since I last played this because I had to travel for work. I played it for only a couple of days and was loving it so much. Can’t wait to go back to it and talk to you guys about it. Good to know you’re getting more credits. I felt that there was so much to do.

I can’t wait to set up a 1 hour racing event with those sunset vistas and one ai driver and let it all soak in.

Last edited:

Aenima

Recommend me a car for that race please. You'll have to begin the race with IM tyres.
I did it with a GT-R 17, using sport medium tires and custom suspension. But if you want to turn on easy mode, you just get the Tomahawk tune it down for 600pp, and unlock the credit farm.

Thers a redit post with the gearbox ratios you need to do to tune down that car some posts above.

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

I did the 4th and 5th endurance mission.

Got gold easily in Kyoto Park but finished just on the 8th place in Deep Forrest. Did just one pit near the end and that messed everything up.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons

I did it with a GT-R 17, using sport medium tires and custom suspension. But if you want to turn on easy mode, you just get the Tomahawk tune it down for 600pp, and unlock the credit farm.

Thers a redit post with the gearbox ratios you need to do to tune down that car some posts above.
I already had the car and gave it a try last night. I lapped them 3 times and i was not even trying :messenger_grinning_sweat: . Put your fuel consumption at level 6 and you can do the whole thing without doing pitstops. You can get 800K+ in roughly 18 min.
Gran-Turismo-7-20220410055212.png

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’ve been doing all the 600pp, 700pp, 800pp world tour races with the tomahawk too. It won’t let you take rain tires into a race because then the pp won’t be under 600 but I went in with racing hards and the first lap I could barely control the car and everyone lapped me, then when I finally made it to the pit stop it let me switch into wet tires for some reason and I had enough time left to catch everyone and then lap them again. This car is fun to drive too.

Big GT fan here, played all since 2. Playing on the PS5, I think this is the best looking console racer... It trades blows with FH5 on XSX but IMO manages to come out on top due to the solidness of the IQ... there's very little pop-in and lod transitions (namely on the shadows). It amazes me how GT manages to look so realistic every gen, even if their asset quality is pretty but not the best. Really enjoying the game and was surprised they tried to cancel the game because of the mtx (avoidable), but I guess that's people these days.

This the only game I've seen that you can turn the HUD off and look at the car board computer to watch your mileage, immediate consumption, turbo weight and time. We need more games with that kinda detail in other genres. I dream of a open world GT with the exact same physics at Tokyo

Aenima

I already had the car and gave it a try last night. I lapped them 3 times and i was not even trying :messenger_grinning_sweat: . Put your fuel consumption at level 6 and you can do the whole thing without doing pitstops. You can get 800K+ in roughly 18 min.
Gran-Turismo-7-20220410055212.png
Thers no need to change the fuel map, even at full power the car will have fuel to spare at the end of the race. Its like turning on God Mode.
My best time was also 19 minutes but i usually finish it in 20 minutes because the penalties

Raven117

Turn 10 has been pretty quiet with the new Forza Motorsports. I’m interested to see how it ends up on a new engine and not cross gen.

It’s pretty much Forza and Gran Turismo on consoles these days, wish they’re both great.
There is also Asseto Corsa Competitizone which from a pure driving and racing simulator, it’s the best of the bunch.

Top Bottom