• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Lol what a ride with Tomahawk in Tokyo. Finished it in 22 minutes.

But my 1st try was hilarious. So i was using Traction Control at 1 and automatic shifting, by the time i reached the last corner i already had a 30 second penalty acumulated, then the computer dont undertand how to shift with this gear ratio once you are stoped, and the car was changing gears between 1 and 3 and make me spin. Had to set the TCS to 5 and use manual shift, i just put the car in the 7th gear and was a smooth ride this way, always driving in 7th gear. It will still be hard to do a clean race with this car in this track once they fix the clean race bug. But for now, its an easy 825k in 22 minutes. Car costed 1 million, one more race and it paid itself.

Actually had alot of fun. Car is so absurd.
Question, tried adjusting the gear ratios from that person's tweak. I can't get first past 7 and some change. Am I missing something?

Edit: Saw this... I assumed you had to start from the bottom and work up. Will try that after I do a few things for work first.
NOTE ON TUNE:

If you're NOT getting the correct PP number, make sure you start tuning the gears from the bottom (last gear) first, and work your way up.

FIRST 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

THEN 1, 2, 3, repeat until at correct numbers.

NOTE ON DRIVING:

Use manual transmission, and don't go below 4th.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

IMG_3653.jpg

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
What cars are you guys buying now that we’re all millionaires? Saving up until they release the next patch with all of the purchasing invitations unlocked?

Forsete

What cars are you guys buying now that we’re all millionaires? Saving up until they release the next patch with all of the purchasing invitations unlocked?
Bought a Mclaren MP4, used.. For 187K i think.

Beautiful little car. I haven't found the F1 yet though. The race version of the F1 is available in Legendary Cars, but I want the street version.

Aenima

Yup, gonna buy all of the invite only cars. Already got the Porsche from finishing the GT Cafe, all the other ones combined will cost 20 310 000, and i already have 20 600 000.

By the time the patch drops i should have some millions more.

fun-coupons.gif

Last edited:

Aenima

Bought a Mclaren MP4, used.. For 187K i think.

Beautiful little car. I haven't found the F1 yet though. The race version of the F1 is available in Legendary Cars, but I want the street version.
It was already in the legendary dealership and its one of the most expensive cars in the game. 18 million.

Aenima

Question, tried adjusting the gear ratios from that person's tweak. I can't get first past 7 and some change. Am I missing something?

Edit: Saw this... I assumed you had to start from the bottom and work up. Will try that after I do a few things for work first.
I started from the top. Pulled the 1st gear all the way to the right, then same for 2nd gear, then 3rd gear. And then repeated again 2 more times i think, for the 1st gear, 2nd and 3rd untill those 3 had the same value as in the screenshot. Then just adjusted the other ones for the exact numbers in the screen.

I bought the full costumizable racing gearbox.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I started from the top. Pulled the 1st gear all the way to the right, then same for 2nd gear, then 3rd gear. And then repeated again 2 more times i think, for the 1st gear, 2nd and 3rd untill those 3 had the same value as in the screenshot. Then just adjusted the other ones for the exact numbers in the screen.

I bought the full costumizable racing gearbox.
What tires did you end up going with, I see some using different ones but there is one where you don’t have to pit?

I set it up to 70% power and 70% reduction and did the gearing, and it won’t give me a PP, it’s and explanation point?

Edit: nvm, had to put RH tires on initially.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
What tires did you end up going with, I see some using different ones but there is one where you don’t have to pit?

I set it up to 70% power and 70% reduction and did the gearing, and it won’t give me a PP, it’s and explanation point?
You have to take it to dinner first. Rookie mistake.

LostDonkey

Just done the 1 hour endurance at red bull ring. 1.2 million for 1st place + clean race bonus. My only gripe is when it rains, the AI seems to have an unfair advantage on slick tyres, they don't seem to react at all to the conditions where as me on RH tyres cannot get any traction until I change to W/IM tyres. Very frustrating and needs fixing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So tried it out. It’s insanity. Feels like your Batman ripping through Gotham.

Won’t be doing it too much, I still prefer playing the game normally if I’m gonna do 20 min+ races.

SLB1904

Banned
im legit sweating to get the damn golds, Suzuka first section is tough. i thought it was impossible, than i figure you have to lift a bit before braking.
weird shit, the other part of the track i got gold on the first try, the time attack lap took me one try and 3 times i end up off road

Fox Mulder

There is also Asseto Corsa Competitizone which from a pure driving and racing simulator, it’s the best of the bunch.

How well does that play with controllers though? Gran Turismo and Forza are built for consoles with big budgets and sexy graphics and know probably 90% of the players won’t have wheels.

SLB1904

Banned
How well does that play with controllers though? Gran Turismo and Forza are built for consoles with big budgets and sexy graphics and know probably 90% of the players won’t have wheels.
assetto corsa competizione is not great on consoles, pc has 1.8 update with new physics and force feedback, consoles version still 1.7

Raven117

That wasn’t the question.

But to answer yours, gt (don’t know about Forza) is much better on a controller than ACC

ethomaz

Banned
I wish 8 had more time to play it.
I didn’t even finished the Cafe.

At least my license is all Gold except for the S one… it is missing the last race but I was bored to do it again to try Gold.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’ve got a little over $11 million saved up for the invitation cars that I want, along with the penzoil skyline whenever that comes to the legendary dealership. How often does their inventory refresh?

Edit: also, why is the wish list option greyed out at the legendary dealership?

Last edited:

DJ12

I just got a warning triangle. Lowest I can get it is about 605, anything lower seems to trigger the warning.

I wonder if they've stopped it with a stealth update.

I've checked the other gear ratio in the reddit post too and that doesn't work for me either.

Still op as fuq on the 700 and 800 pp races though so been doing them.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I’ve got a little over $11 million saved up for the invitation cars that I want, along with the penzoil skyline whenever that comes to the legendary dealership. How often does their inventory refresh?
There are a few different patterns, but the most common would be 5 days of availability status, then 2 days limited status and 1 day sold out. After that it changes.

Jorav

Have been grinding using the tomahawk and I’ve also used it in the deep forest mission. 52 laps in 60min and 15laps ahead of P2 lol.

Aenima

Am i getting old or many circuit experience are pretty tough to gold? (on a wheel with no assists)
Licences and circuit experience seem much harder to me compared to GT Sport. In GT Sport got gold in all lincences and all circuit experiences, i did playing on a controller with automatic shifting, in GT im just going for gold in some, and most im happy with just silver and bronze.

Last edited:

Aenima

I just got a warning triangle. Lowest I can get it is about 605, anything lower seems to trigger the warning.

I've checked the other gear ratio in the reddit post too and that doesn't work for me either.

You need to put the exact gear values as the reddit post or you will get the warning sign.

Start by moving the 1st gear all to the right, then 2nd and 3rd, then reapeat gain 2 more times from the 1st gear untill they match the reddit post, then just adjust the other ones.

DJ12

You need to put the exact gear values as the reddit post or you will get the warning sign.

Start by moving the 1st gear all to the right, then 2nd and 3rd, then reapeat gain 2 more times from the 1st gear untill they match the reddit post, then just adjust the other ones.
All the values match, that's what I don't get. I even used the other ratios that are part of the gt forum posts.

Will check again later, but I'm sure they match

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
All the values match, that's what I don't get. I even used the other ratios that are part of the gt forum posts.

Will check again later, but I'm sure they match
Make sure to have hard racing tires on and the fully customizable racing transmission and not a different one. Then adjust the gears from 7 going up gear by gear to number 1. Also do it before you enter a race and not in the garage.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I think you have to run RH tires to get the 595pp. You can switch to IM after during the race, but it's pointless since it's only badly wet the first two laps, from there on out you slide far less.

I also run with fuel map set to 1, some said do 2, but there is plenty of fuel with 1.
Make sure to have hard racing tires on and the fully customizable racing transmission and not a different one. Then adjust the gears from 7 going up gear by gear to number 1. Also do it before you enter a race and not in the garage.
This. I was also able to do it in my garage and save the sheet.

Last edited:
Wasnt that big on the Kyoto track in GTS but loving the update it received.
Along with the time of day changes makes it really fun to drive on.
Some gameplay shots
Most tracks were remastered from GTSport. This and Tsukuba look years better. Shout out to Fuji, Ring and Saint Croix too..

DJ12

Cheers both, have the racing hards on.

I did change the settings after selecting the race where you get the option to change car.

I will try later and past some pics if it doesn't work see if you can spot any mistakes.

I have since found a way to get 594 PP from that setup, but raising the rear ride height to 91, so it's no big deal, but the settings are right?

assetto corsa competizione is not great on consoles, pc has 1.8 update with new physics and force feedback, consoles version still 1.7
I just bout assetto on sale for $15 and am regretting it on ps5. They hyped up it being 4k but it's not, it just maxes out at 4k. Looks more like 1500p. Things are blurry in the distance. I can see how hardcore fans of racing like it but I don't even have a wheel. That's a bummer that console is behind the PC and doesn't even have the latest patch, which apparently has been out for quite some time for PC.

Celcius

°Temp. member
GT7: Time to do your daily marathon for the roulette ticket
Me: time to take my srt tomahawk to Tokyo expressway!

The car is so fun to drive that grinding for money is a lot more fun than the fisherman’s dirt racing days

Aenima

I have since found a way to get 594 PP from that setup, but raising the rear ride height to 91, so it's no big deal, but the settings are right?
Did u changed the top speed? Cuz thats why its messed up. I did the same mistake and even having the same values was showing the warning sign. Just create a new sheet and just adjust the gear ratios without changing the top speed. Top Speed by default should be 580.

Celcius Celcius Grinding Fisherman was awefull, i did it like 2 times and then just kept doing normal races that i still havent done to gain credits. The Tomahawk grind is alot of fun, but i fell they will patch the way the gear ratios influence the pp. Also the 3 new races are bugged and always give the clean race bonus, so untill they fix it gotta take advantage of the extra money.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I've tried for 4 hours now on that Tokyo Expressway WTC600 race. Absolutely fucking stupid.

And no, I'm not resorting to the Tomahawk exploit.

Literally following several guides with the exact same car settings and they're claiming they're 1st place by lap 3. There's no fucking way I'm 15 seconds slower in lap 3.

Last edited:

Aenima

I've tried for 4 hours now on that Tokyo Expressway WTC600 race. Absolutely fucking stupid.

And no, I'm not resorting to the Tomahawk exploit.
My 1st time i did it with a GT-R 17 and sport medium tires, also a custom suspension to lower it down and some aero parts to increase a bit the downforce. Its was still a though race with the 2nd and 3rd position cars right behind me.

Bottom line you need a fast car that can reach more than 300 km/h in the straight, and just handle it well in the corners.
The track is slippery in the first 2 laps but keeps getting dryier as the race progresses, so you will be faster and have more grip as the race goes on.

My biggest problem was the 5 second penalties each time you bump into a wall. Its better to go slower than taking the penalties. Is not too hard but was challenging.
The GT-R worked for me cuz has a good top speed and its 4WD, and that helped me alot in not letting the car slide in the beginning of the race where the track is more slippery.

R6Rider

Gold Member
My 1st time i did it with a GT-R 17 and sport medium tires, also a custom suspension to lower it down and some aero parts to increase a bit the downforce. Its was still a though race with the 2nd and 3rd position cars right behind me.

Bottom line you need a fast car that can reach more than 300 km/h in the straight, and just handle it well in the corners.
The track is slippery in the first 2 laps but keeps getting dryier as the race progresses, so you will be faster and have more grip as the race goes on.

My biggest problem was the 5 second penalties each time you bump into a wall. Its better to go slower than taking the penalties. Is not too hard but was challenging.
The GT-R worked for me cuz has a good top speed and its 4WD, and that helped me alot in not letting the car slide in the beginning of the race where the track is more slippery.
I've tried several of the Supras I got (the pre-order one and the '19 Race Car), several Gr 3 cars, and a few Gr4. I even tried my Focus RS Rally Car and it actually did pretty good.

In almost all situations I either have the speed on straights and terrible turning, or slower top speed, but great handling. Basically I get stuck around 10th or 9th spot while the lead car gains 3-4 seconds a lap. My only hope is when they pit, which they don't always do.

I heard the Altenza Gr3 downtuned is apparently a good choice, so may buy that later and give it a try. I even tried the car that was constantly leading (the '17 NSX) and it somehow cannot perform anywhere near the AI cars.

I've tried several of the Supras I got (the pre-order one and the '19 Race Car), several Gr 3 cars, and a few Gr4. I even tried my Focus RS Rally Car and it actually did pretty good.

In almost all situations I either have the speed on straights and terrible turning, or slower top speed, but great handling. Basically I get stuck around 10th or 9th spot while the lead car gains 3-4 seconds a lap. My only hope is when they pit, which they don't always do.

I heard the Altenza Gr3 downtuned is apparently a good choice, so may buy that later and give it a try. I even tried the car that was constantly leading (the '17 NSX) and it somehow cannot perform anywhere near the AI cars.
You can also try putting the game on hard, my friend was playing on easy but the ai was about4 secs faster a lap on his game than mine while I was playing hard, I finished second he finished 9th.

Aenima

You can also try putting the game on hard, my friend was playing on easy but the ai was about4 secs faster a lap on his game than mine while I was playing hard, I finished second he finished 9th.
Yeah i heard this too about the 1 hour missions. Aparently the AI is faster when playing on Easy compared to Normal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom