• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

h0tp0ck3t

_20160422_134102_zpsjucopl8x.jpg

No way to get these outside of events correct? Last thing I need to MLB Beatrix

Holy shit, you get to keep all rewards from rounds you cleared in training, even if you failed. Much easier way to grind for gold items than doing vega, imo

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I got some rusted weapons. Not sure what to do with them. I just level them up and then LB them a few times? They aren't my element though (they are dark), so should I even bother?

Felessan

Lol, the first ever attempt at 100k Bingo and I immediately get first place.
You can win 3 million in a row. Or you can lose 3 million in a row. The first this I did when switched to 100k bingo was a loss of 2.5 million. You just need to keep trying, as expected return is positive, although it's _very_ volatile.

Merun

Power for that team is 16520. It's got
Lvl 54 SSR Jeanne d'Arc
Lvl 34 SR Arusha
Lvl 27 SR Ferry
Lvl 28 R Feather
Lvl 60 SSR Aletheia because I needed someone else for damage and he's strongest in attack

This look like a good team, and I had that much power for that fight. It might be a problem of synergy between team members. Also the level 35 for each SR could have helped because of new skill.

Almost there for Chun Li, but I'm feeling like it was a waste of time and AP. I didn't get any weapon drop from VH :<. And I bet on the wrong horse for GW by picking a light team. I could have used a wind team, get Petra, and Anat, and some carbuncles. I hope at least that the event will allow me to get light weapons!

You can win 3 million in a row. Or you can lose 3 million in a row. The first this I did when switched to 100k bingo was a loss of 2.5 million. You just need to keep trying, as expected return is positive, although it's _very_ volatile.

Yeah, I noticed that it's a lot more unreliable than the 10k bingo, I think I'll stick to that for a while longer.

Gren

Question: How plentiful are crystals late-game? I know you get them from the story mode (which I'm starting to hit a roadblock in) & level ups, but is it fairly easy to accumulate once those methods become exhausted?

Been spending some on Elixirs to revive on the rare occassions where I'm just one turn away from victory. Would hate to be wasting a precious commodity just because I'm too impatient to wait for my AP to regen.

garath

Question: How plentiful are crystals late-game? I know you get them from the story mode (which I'm starting to hit a roadblock in) & level ups, but is it fairly easy to accumulate once those methods become exhausted?

Been spending some on Elixirs to revive on the rare occassions where I'm just one turn away from victory. Would hate to be wasting a precious commodity just because I'm too impatient to wait for my AP to regen.

Don't spend them on elixers. You will get plenty of AP pots as the game progresses. Crystals not as much. You still get some from events and the like but it slows down for sure. I had 12000 crystals to spend the first legfest a month after starting, a month later I now have 5100. It's definitely slowing down.

Gren

Don't spend them on elixers. You will get plenty of AP pots as the game progresses. Crystals not as much. You still get some from events and the like but it slows down for sure. I had 12000 crystals to spend the first legfest a month after starting, a month later I now have 5100. It's definitely slowing down.

Gotcha. Save 'em for the good pull events.

I think the SF event would be nigh-impossible in the time given on Hard. Over like three days I got like only 1 gold Shadaloo & maybe 4 Super Combo emblems. After one full day of farming VH, I now need just 10 SC emblems. Drop rate between difficulties is massive for me.

EDIT:
I'd just like to add that I hate Bison/Vega. That Psycho attack on low HP just wrecks my team. It makes me angry, lost so much AP.
None of my characters can survive Psycho Crusher even at full HP. But I think he'll only do it once he gets to like 1/3 life left. Otherwise his LB is Knee Press. So for me it's a matter of getting him to waste it on that (preferably during Break so there's no Devil's Reverse follow-up), then go all out to kill him before he can build another LB.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Gotcha. Save 'em for the good pull events.

I think the SF event would be nigh-impossible in the time given on Hard. Over like three days I got like only 1 gold Shadaloo & maybe 4 Super Combo emblems. After one full day of farming VH, I now need just 10 SC emblems. Drop rate between difficulties is massive for me.

Tbh the most bullshit thing about the event is that both are going on at the same time.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think I'm going to regret going for Karin and Chun Li rather than MLB fist especially considering I'm going for an Earth team first (have Ryu and Rashid to help farm Earth stuff, also have Medusa SSR as my first roll)

I think I'm going to regret going for Karin and Chun Li rather than MLB fist especially considering I'm going for an Earth team first (have Ryu and Rashid to help farm Earth stuff, also have Medusa SSR as my first roll)
eeeh...
Depending on your early roster, having Karin and Chun helps a lot when you start out.
If you intend to spend a bunch of $ on gacha though, then fist would've probably been more ideal.

Ultimadrago

eeeh...
Depending on your early roster, having Karin and Chun helps a lot when you start out.
If you intend to spend a bunch of $ on gacha though, then fist would've probably been more ideal.

I got Karin out of principle, but yeah, wish I got more fists. Ah well, there'll be more event Earth stuffs eventually.

MiTYH

So, with guild war coming up, is there a guide to read up on what to do/how to act during this? Want to make sure I do my best this first time!

Gren

Hmm, is there a way to sync one's progress with another device or Mobage account *after you've already started*?

This game runs much better in the browser than on my phone, but I can't for the life of me find any options in-game to sync accounts, or even try to link it with a Mobage one. All the tutorials I've found are for rerolling off fresh accounts.

EDIT: To be clear, when I first started the game, I didn't create an account & I believe it let me in as a guest.

chrono01

Hmm, is there a way to sync one's progress with another device or Mobage account *after you've already started*?

This game runs much better in the browser than on my phone, but I can't for the life of me find any options in-game to sync accounts, or even try to link it with a Mobage one. All the tutorials I've found are for rerolling off fresh accounts.

EDIT: To be clear, when I first started the game, I didn't create an account & I believe it let me in as a guest.
If you're still on a quest account, I'm pretty sure that there's an option in-game (or maybe through the Mobage site itself) that will let you tie it to an email, in which case you can play it on any/all devices you want. I'm not sure of the procedure for it, having linked it with an email when I first started, but I remember reading something about it.

Sorry, I wish I could be of more help. :(

Gren

If you're still on a quest account, I'm pretty sure that there's an option in-game (or maybe through the Mobage site itself) that will let you tie it to an email, in which case you can play it on any/all devices you want. I'm not sure of the procedure for it, having linked it with an email when I first started, but I remember reading something about it.

Sorry, I wish I could be of more help. :(

NP, I think I got it. At the very bottom of the "News" page are some Japanese options that don't get translated. I'm pretty sure I have to go there.

EDIT: Yup, I forget which specific option I chose already, but that was it. Lucky the, instructions thereafter can be copied/translated so one isn't just blindly clicking on buttons.

Noi

Felt like I did the asspull of my life beating Six as the final round for Hard Survival mode at 25% HP, but man those 10k points felt like a fantastic reward. Got the last Character Ticket and the Poison Hand, which I felt was out of reach. Maybe I will burn through some ap pots to get the token Poison Hand and uncap that once before the event is over.

chrono01

NP, I think I got it. At the very bottom of the "News" page are some Japanese options that don't get translated. I'm pretty sure I have to go there.

EDIT: Yup, I forget which specific option I chose already, but that was it. Lucky the, instructions thereafter can be copied/translated so one isn't just blindly clicking on buttons.
Nice, I'm glad to see it all worked out for you!

Rainy

Banned
IFXMKkN.png

So just did the hard Version of Limited Angel Halo dungeon

Are all these EXP weapons just fodder for leveling up my stronger weapons?

cress2000

IFXMKkN.png

So just did the hard Version of Limited Angel Halo dungeon

Are all these EXP weapons just fodder for leveling up my stronger weapons?

Yeah, I think they're just upgrade fodder. You get so many of them farming Angel Halo hard they'd just clutter your inventory if you hung on to them anyway.

Gren

It was quite the struggle (largely because new RPG systems overwhelm me so), but I finally unlocked Chun.

Guess I'll try the SFV event for a few turns, even though I've read that it is even harder than the Ultra one.

Falk

that puzzling face
It was quite the struggle (largely because new RPG systems overwhelm me so), but I finally unlocked Chun.

Guess I'll try the SFV event for a few turns, even though I've read that it is even harder than the Ultra one.

You can randomly spawn a boss who proceeds to rickroll you compared to the difficulty of the rest of the survival run.

Rixa

Best guide I found so far in what guild wars character to pick. I want to go for Song to go with Amira and Jeanne

https://www.reddit.com/r/Granblue_en/comments/4fzqzw/the_which_guild_war_character_should_i_build/

Do you get to keep them permanently or only can use them in guild war?

Permanent, but can take at earliest 3 months if you grind to get them, to 6 months, maybe even a year depending on how things play out for you.

So as a light player, should I go for Sorn or Fünf?

edit: My SSRs are Jeanne and Ferry.

my SSRs are Magisa,Vampy,Arriet,and Heles
which Guild War character should i grind for?

The one you like the most.
By the time you finish GW char (and it will be a long, very long grind) your current situation might change several times.

This guide is super helpful, thank you for sharing.

Fellow GAFers should realize how much work you need for Guild War character. Maybe this picture will help those who dream on GW Char that what awaits them.
Good luck for getting 70 Blue Sky Crystals & 450 Rainbow Prism...

I have GW axe (LB0) but for next GW I switch GW weapon to Harp, grind it so many I can acquire (hopefully more than 1)and then think what I might get as GW Char in the long run.

Top Bottom