• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Falk

that puzzling face
I finally started playing this yesterday, only to realize that the SF event is over in 2 days, D:. I don't have any shot of unlocking Chun-Li or Karin, do I?

Considering I tunneled the game for ~3 days from fresh to getting them, using half a dozen cheap tricks, I think it's probably mathematically impossible. :|

Considering I tunneled the game for ~3 days from fresh to getting them, using half a dozen cheap tricks, I think it's probably mathematically impossible. :|
Will it be possible to get them in the future or am I screwed? I'm not that bummed about missing Karin, but I really wanted to get Chun-Li. :/

Rixa

Mvp your own Chevs:
DF + Blind + Vampy = Win

1-GBFMvp.PNG
GBFMvp2.PNG
GBFMvp3.PNG
In that try made few mistakes. Forgot to switch characters, Vaseraga should be in sub party and Vira (ssr) should be in party. I had Lucius & Vira (sr) subs. Forgot to tune party members, after I did tune job skills & weapon pool.

garath

Man. How rare are rusted weapons from Star angel dungeon? I've run today's star 5 times, last one 10 times. No rusted weapons. :(

Rixa

Man. How rare are rusted weapons from Star angel dungeon? I've run today's star 5 times, last one 10 times. No rusted weapons. :(

RNG. I did starred Halo 6 times, got 2 rusted weapons. Was mainly doing it for exp & fodder. Good thing with Halo is that you can easily auto it thru without throwing skills.

dennism

im a believer of bingo, got from 200k to 800k in less than an hour, just getting bingos left and right holy shit. still scared to try the 100k one tho

Falk

that puzzling face

I'm sitting on 3 rusted weapons and I didn't even know what they do and/or that I'm suposed to farm star Angel Halo for them!

garath

im a believer of bingo, got from 200k to 800k in less than an hour, just getting bingos left and right holy shit. still scared to try the 100k one tho

I know. It's nerve wracking to move up to the next tier. I generally do the 10k until about 1.5mil or so then try 5-6 100k bingos. Once you get a couple wins in the 100k it smoothes out.

I'm sitting on 3 rusted weapons and I didn't even know what they do and/or that I'm suposed to farm star Angel Halo for them!

The rusted weapons are for creating bahamut weapons. Those give damage bonuses to particular races. It's a good addition to the weapon pool. You need a max level rusted weapon (so 4 copies to max uncap and then level it) and a bahamut horn which only drops from proto bahamut. You can only join proto bahamut raids once you are rank 50 and you can only host your own once you are rank 80. It's like a unicorn though. I see one proto raid show up in my raid list maybe every other day and it fills up super quick. I've done half a dozen and no horn yet.

I almost feel like I'll be rank 80 before I see one drop.

Anko

Yesssssssss. Reddit is reporting that the GW boss will be earth type. Wind team ahoy.

Water team am cry

Edit: Oh well.. At least I do have Feena. Time to MLB Anat.
... My wind weapons are kinda sad. Why did Feena have to come with a Light bow.

I really need to get some better summons. I'm rocking SR Hydra as my lead, but am really relaying on strong friend leads.

Is the gatcha the only way to get SSR summons or am i just doing something wrong?

garath

Water team am cry

Edit: Oh well.. At least I do have Feena. Time to MLB Anat.

Water has had it made last few events! Wind's turn ;)

I really need to get some better summons. I'm rocking SR Hydra as my lead, but am really relaying on strong friend leads.

Is the gatcha the only way to get SSR summons or am i just doing something wrong?

Most of the better SSR summons are farmable. If you go to quests and special, you'll see right now there's a quest for sagittarius. He'd a good wind summon. In a few days that will rotate to another element summon. Keep an eye there and farm for the summon that suits your needs.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Constantly getting into raids and not getting a hit in before the boss gets one shotted is really starting to piss me off. :/

garath

Constantly getting into raids and not getting a hit in before the boss gets one shotted is really starting to piss me off. :/

It's hard. Gotta move fast. And it's even worse on the phone. Don't take time to select summon or anything just gogogo.

MiTYH

Are some of these storymode boss fights supposed to be this tough?

Only on chapter 29, boss stage 4, again some large guard Lvl25 Dark Pommern. Went in with a full Light team including SSR Jeanne, Odin and Lucifer Summons, decent levels all around, and I still only do about 10 hp attack each time. No skill seduce his defense or anything that dark fencer can normally do, and I even lost once to get the +20% bonus, and then lost again.

EDIT: Finally beat it on the next run. But wowza did that take a while. Really had to use the friend Lucifer summon to boost the attack

Merun

Are some of these storymode boss fights supposed to be this tough?

Only on chapter 29, boss stage 4, again some large guard Lvl25 Dark Pommern. Went in with a full Light team including SSR Jeanne, Odin and Lucifer Summons, decent levels all around, and I still only do about 10 hp attack each time. No skill seduce his defense or anything that dark fencer can normally do, and I even lost once to get the +20% bonus, and then lost again.
I just blazed through that fight with my light team ( Amira, Ferry, Io) despite the lackof debuff. What is your total attack power? ( written on the top left of your home screen)

MiTYH

I just blazed through that fight with my light team ( Amira, Ferry, Io) despite the lackof debuff. What is your total attack power? ( written on the top left of your home screen)

Power for that team is 16520. It's got
Lvl 54 SSR Jeanne d'Arc
Lvl 34 SR Arusha
Lvl 27 SR Ferry
Lvl 28 R Feather
Lvl 60 SSR Aletheia because I needed someone else for damage and he's strongest in attack

Yaari

I'd just like to add that I hate Bison/Vega. That Psycho attack on low HP just wrecks my team. It makes me angry, lost so much AP.

garath

What do you guys like better for wind magna weapons? The fist or the gun? Fist is big damage. Gun is med damage + more damage as lose HP. Kind of a toss up. Neither synergizes with dark fencer unfortunately. I think sidewinder is OK with the gun though. Might work better for that reason.

garath

Ill let our guild Windmeme users kill my enemies. Have fun :p Also going to change GW weapon hunt to Harp.

I'm pretty excited. Last GW I had mostly just started and had a rag tag water team for the event. Now not only am I stronger but it might actually be for wind, my strongest team. I have 85 pots and can buy another 90 with bronze moons. I plan to use all of them if need be. I want the sword to start working on siete.

What do you guys like better for wind magna weapons? The fist or the gun? Fist is big damage. Gun is med damage + more damage as lose HP. Kind of a toss up. Neither synergizes with dark fencer unfortunately. I think sidewinder is OK with the gun though. Might work better for that reason.

Gun is better.
Gun > Fist when your HP is below 87%

Most of the better SSR summons are farmable. If you go to quests and special, you'll see right now there's a quest for sagittarius. He'd a good wind summon. In a few days that will rotate to another element summon. Keep an eye there and farm for the summon that suits your needs.

Damnnnn, didn't realize he was a summon. Would be great to use my fire team.

Looks like I can only farm Hard though. Tried Very Hard and got worked.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hmmm wind team, eh? Well I have a Petra already, and I run a grand team normally, so I guess it doesn't really matter for me. Best I can do is switch my main character to wind and run the grand team with 2 wind, my fire and either dark/light.

LuuKyK

Question for iOS users.

I created a JP Apple ID to download the game but now I swapped back to my original one that use for everything else. Does the game auto-update? Or I need to update it through the app store therefore having to login in the JP AI account once in a while?

Rixa

I'm pretty excited. Last GW I had mostly just started and had a rag tag water team for the event. Now not only am I stronger but it might actually be for wind, my strongest team. I have 85 pots and can buy another 90 with bronze moons. I plan to use all of them if need be. I want the sword to start working on siete.

Yeah, going to burn AP pots too :)

I want my 200k. I didnt think this is possible at all, got double bingo with bonus ball.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Question for iOS users.

I created a JP Apple ID to download the game but now I swapped back to my original one that use for everything else. Does the game auto-update? Or I need to update it through the app store therefore having to login in the JP AI account once in a while?

I've had the game installed for a few months, and I've yet to update the game once. I guess it does so automatically?

arcknight79

Neo Member
I traded in some treasures for 5 x Drop Rate up items and i don't know how to activate it.

They don't show up in my Supplies inventory. Are they for Crew Skill?

Well... I just drew Societte with one of my refunded tickets. Sadly, my water team is crap, and it won't be helping me in this next event anyway, plus I will still have missed the SF event, which she could have made a big difference in for points. Oh well, another SSR to add to the pool.

Top Bottom