• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Hey guys, my characters are capping at 30 and I'm in the process of uncapping them. I'm kinda hitting a wall though, and quests just get tougher and tougher. I don't feel like my characters, weapons, and summons are growing enough. I don't have any SSR stuff atm. What should I do?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Should I get Chun Li and Karin, or 2 gold certificates so I can level my percival to level 80? Not sure how rare the certificates are.

Gren

Hope they do the SFV event again one day (though I can't think of any reason for them to do so unless there's a significant re-release/F2P transition they want to promote) so I can try for Karin with a beefier team.

Along the way to getting the mats for the Street Weapons, they just so happened to dropped for me after beating Sagat. I guess I'll buy another pair so I can limit break it (that's what you do with dupes, right?). But still, my first SSR weapon. I was also finally able to uncap my first character, Rackam. Slowly but surely, I'm coming along in this game.

It's just too bad that once this event ends, so too does the discount AP costs on story mode. Now I'll know what it truly means to grind in this game.

frozencool

Neo Member
So just prefacing this with the fact that I play on iOS.

So I've been getting messages while playing that the app will update, but after clicking either okay or the other option in japanese business seems to go on as usual. No matter which apple ID I'm on, either my usual one or the japanese one I used to download the game when I go to the app store and then the updates tab it doesn't read that Granble Fantasy needs to update. Should I delete the app and reinstall it, or is there something I'm missing?

If I do delete the app and reinstall it, is there any way to make SURE I don't lose my account info? Like how Terra Battle had a way to copy down a code that represented your account, down GBF have anything like that so that if I reinstall the app and it comes up as a blank slate I can give it this info and it brings up my old account?

Yaari

So I've been getting messages while playing that the app will update, but after clicking either okay or the other option in japanese business seems to go on as usual. No matter which apple ID I'm on, either my usual one or the japanese one I used to download the game when I go to the app store and then the updates tab it doesn't read that Granble Fantasy needs to update. Should I delete the app and reinstall it, or is there something I'm missing?

If I do delete the app and reinstall it, is there any way to make SURE I don't lose my account info? Like how Terra Battle had a way to copy down a code that represented your account, down GBF have anything like that so that if I reinstall the app and it comes up as a blank slate I can give it this info and it brings up my old account?

Its a browser game so the data on their side gets updated, you dont actually get to update anything. From my understanding anyway.

Gren

In regards to backing up your account info, I think you have to link it to a Mobage account. To do so, choose the "news" button and scroll all the way to the bottom. *I think* the highlighted option is the one you need to choose (but being unable to read kanji, I can't say for certain) whereupon it'll ask for an email addy to send an activation link to. Regardless, once you choose an option, the preceding text can be highlighted & translated by Google, so just do that to make sure you're on the right page. After receiving the email, follow the link and create a Mobage acct (refer to this for what to enter in the fields).

I'd say that before wiping the app from your phone, to install & run the app via Chrome. If upon logging in with your newly made Mobage account you find everything as it should be, then you can proceed with the uninstall.

Hag

Hey guys, my characters are capping at 30 and I'm in the process of uncapping them. I'm kinda hitting a wall though, and quests just get tougher and tougher. I don't feel like my characters, weapons, and summons are growing enough. I don't have any SSR stuff atm. What should I do?

I'm in the same boat. Hitting 30 and no SSR ):

Ultimadrago

cagliostromlbx4eh6.png

One step closer to Level 100 Cagliostro!

fertygo

Any guide how to play with e-mail acc?

its seem I always play with guest acc all of these day, but I still at chapter 2 so meybe redoing not seems too bad

edit: found it, is there anyway to give guest acc email tho?

garath

So I just hit rank 50, can someone explain to me how to find Bahamut raids on Twitter? What is Tweetdeck and how do I use it?

I haven't had any luck doing that. I just check raid like 30 times a day. If I see one its mash to get in lol. I see one 1 a day to 1 every other day. Go for order grande raids too

suzu

Yup, me too. I'm just chugging along slowly and weakly. lol

captainpat

You try doing those Halo events? On hard they drop a lot of shit for uncapping and are pretty easy to beat. More here

Vamphuntr

So can someone here explain a bit how GW will work? From what I read in the help file in the game the objective is to collect honors in the GW events. Bosses drop token for the event gatcha which will contain one GW weapon of your choosing. Honors points are tallied for guilds daily and the bests go for the finals where they fight each others and you get valor badges for great loot. Players are separated in 4 division and you can bet on who will win the day to get crystals. Is that it?

Considering a lot of people are really high rank is my best way to get lot of honors to go Yoda + Superstar (soul soloist/misery mist/overture 2) before the bosses are blown to bits? This usually at least give at least 15k honors point for hard raid bosses.

Yaari

So can someone here explain a bit how GW will work? From what I read in the help file in the game the objective is to collect honors in the GW events. Bosses drop token for the event gatcha which will contain one GW weapon of your choosing. Honors points are tallied for guilds daily and the bests go for the finals where they fight each others and you get valor badges for great loot. Players are separated in 4 division and you can bet on who will win the day to get crystals. Is that it?

Considering a lot of people are really high rank is my best way to get lot of honors to go Yoda + Superstar (soul soloist/misery mist/overture 2) before the bosses are blown to bits? This usually at least give at least 15k honors point for hard raid bosses.

I think your summary is quite on point. It's not too different from your usual grinding event really. And if your guild isn't capable of competing then you usually don't really try and just grind out the weapon, like any other event.

It's fun but not that special. I think the gacha carry more items though.

garath

I think your summary is quite on point. It's not too different from your usual grinding event really. And if your guild isn't capable of competing then you usually don't really try and just grind out the weapon, like any other event.

It's fun but not that special. I think the gacha carry more items though.

That's what I like about it. Tons of items in the token gatcha.

I was able to get a few Gold / Blue pieces from Sagat after taking all of my characters to their initial level cap. It wasn't enough to unlock Chun-Li, but I can get one of the Melee-Character Weapon Draws. Is there any difference between the two where I should pick one over the other?

Vamphuntr

Thanks, I did Hard once just now but had a rough time. Did get the materials though, which is nice. Are this and the Cerulean Trials the go-to quests to get uncap materials?

There's a quest each day for a different type of mats. As you keep uncapping it requires scales from dragon (friday events) and crystal from another daily. Eventually it will ask for anima from bosses and certificate you can only get from special events.

There's a quest each day for a different type of mats. As you keep uncapping it requires scales from dragon (friday events) and crystal from another daily. Eventually it will ask for anima from bosses and certificate you can only get from special events.
I see. Thanks for the info! Guess I'd better start farming

Gren

Is there any way to specify the order of your charge attacks if multiple members are sitting at 100%?

Still using a rainbow team & as minor as it is, sometimes I want the extra hit at the end to reflect a specific affinity.

Falk

that puzzling face
So this happened:

Was chatting in Discord, wasn't paying attention, accidentally took my raid R leech team into Vega VH. Considering that 3 days ago I was barely scraping by Vega VH with my absolute best setup, for farming Chun-Li I thought I was well and truly ded.

Went and attempted it anyway and what do you know:

1rSenj5l.png

That hilarious lack of abilities to use, man.
Grand Order 200% OP

And this happened:

mgaQ47Xl.png

Which also dropped the last emblem I need to redeem this

ylakhtEl.png

Guess I'm done with the event.

Gren

Was planning on running story mode due to half AP, but just decided to finish off some of the exchange tickets for fist characters. Got this little fella.

Is he good? I have enough mats to get both melee draw tickets, and am on the verge of getting enough for a second Street Weapon.

Are the rates for decent melee pulls pretty good?

demidar

I pulled with a street ticket and got a Rare.

Don't think the game tells you the rates but it's probably the same as regular pulls.

Gren

In the end I wound up with Ryu, Rashid, Chun & 3 Street Weapons. Pretty happy considering I started from nothing.

Now at least I can finally kick back & start unlocking new classes & grinding for uncap mats.

Anko

MLBed the street weapon for my water team. Phew.

Now going through the main quests but the more I go through the story, the more unsatisfied I become with their translation. Oh hey, another minor line with the exact opposite meaning. It's worse when it's a choice my FeMC is supposed to make but the choices make no sense due to the translation and there's no original for me to refer to at that moment because Djeeta doesn't have a voice in the main story.

Gizuko

So I just hit rank 50, can someone explain to me how to find Bahamut raids on Twitter? What is Tweetdeck and how do I use it?

Tweetdeck is a simple Twitter interface so to speak. It allows you to allot several columns to different search parameters. This basically means that you can type "Lv 60 Leviathan", create a column, and refresh every now and then to see if anyone on twitter has tweeted a Levi raid.

The problem is, the raid's "name" should be in kanji, meaning "Lv 60 Leviathan" will probably net you nothing (I actually don't know how the english translation meshes with Twitter help requests, so using English might work as well).

I got the Japanese translation using Google translate, but they work just fine. Here's Baha's search:

Code:
Lv 100 プロトバハムート

Top Bottom