• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

MiTYH

So GAFcypher is a little over 3000 rank. Guessing we have no hope of clearing prelims? Lol. We are climbing a little at least!

Just checked GAFantasy, we're at 4859. But I think we're mostly made up of people who joined/started right before the english switchover

Ranmo

Finished my fire team, sword seems like a good choice for starting my wind team. That support skill seems really good.

Ok so how does progression work in this game? It's all depends on weapons? But to get better weapons you need 4 copies of the same one, then you need a bunch more of the same element skill to grind skills. So how and where do you grind for weapons.

MiTYH

Just as a tip, remember to post a sticker/chat during a raid battle. Nets you a blue potion which can always come in handy!

garath

Oh. I can actually solo extreme allo. Nice. 620k points for that. Just takes around 10 min.

GAFCypher is actually closing in on seeding! 2400 or better give or take appears to be seeded. We're at 2600 and some change right now. Nice!

Ok so how does progression work in this game? It's all depends on weapons? But to get better weapons you need 4 copies of the same one, then you need a bunch more of the same element skill to grind skills. So how and where do you grind for weapons.

Short answer, you are going to be looking to go on raids. Use your EP (those red dots) to RAID other people's omega raids. Rare chance for drops of SR and even rarer SSR weapons for that element. You'll want to start building your weapon pool from that.

MiTYH

363 items received so far (so 726 tokens?). Got a champion merit, so that's fun. The grind is real.

Props to GAFantasy members helping me taken down that Extreme Boss!

h0tp0ck3t

363 items received so far (so 726 tokens?). Got a champion merit, so that's fun. The grind is real.

Props to GAFantasy members helping me taken down that Extreme Boss!

I think I may have helped there. All I can really do while at work is pop in drop a summon and split. Hopefully I'll be more helpful when I get off lol

garath

666 items pulled (lol), no sword yet. Last event someone kept a spreadsheet and it was an average of 700-800 items pulled to get the weapon? Rough.

The top guy has more than out entire guild. It's remarkable. 46 mil or something.

So these SR weapons from the event look like great fodder. No reason to keep them right?

MSMrRound

any good way to go about getting those gold coins?

Also, I'm primarily a Yoda spammer for now. Any tips about best way to gain honor? Been going for those 15 AP boss, not too sure if I should move on to 25ap since there's a good chance my Yoda could be killed off before ougi.

garath

any good way to go about getting those gold coins?

Also, I'm primarily a Yoda spammer for now. Any tips about best way to gain honor? Been going for those 15 AP boss, not too sure if I should move on to 25ap since there's a good chance my Yoda could be killed off before ougi.

The better honor comes from the tougher battles. Pretty linear. But you need to do the damage to get it. So basically experiment a bit and see what gives you the best return for your AP.

Soloing very hard eye gives you 11k honor or 440 per AP. Soloing very hard allo gives you 130k or 4333 honor per AP. Soloing extreme allo gives you 620k honor or 12400 honor per AP. Getting MVP but not soloing extreme allo only gives 400-500k honor though. So it dips significantly. All of them react the same way.

pulled the weap on my first 20 tokens, do i reset the box now?

Lucky ;)

Yes. Reset so you can work on the next one. You can always go back to the first box later to get more stuff if you get super lucky and max uncap the weapon early.

draw4wild

Crazy how a few people have 1000+ battles and I thought I was playing a lot sitting here at 22

Is there any reason not to blow most of my AP pots?

Gizuko

Either allowhatever is far weaker than the fire boss from the last gw or windmeme is too absurd. I have been sitting here for 10 whole minutes trying to join an extreme run and it's simply dying too fast. It's ridiculous how I tap one raid with only 4 people, half hp remaining, and by the time I join there's 6 people inside and the hang is dead.

/Rant

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Either allowhatever is far weaker than the fire boss from the last gw or windmeme is too absurd. I have been sitting here for 10 whole minutes trying to join an extreme run and it's simply dying too fast. It's ridiculous how I tap one raid with only 4 people, half hp remaining, and by the time I join there's 6 people inside and the hang is dead.

/Rant

Wind teams are the easiest to make, so it makes sense that there would be a lot of really strong wind teams out there.

/Rant

it's pretty reassuring to host a raid and have two other people join it and watch it suddenly end in like a minute

it is annoying that joining a raid means i don't really have time to spend in applying all the self buffs of everyone though

but yeah, wind is the easiest element to max yourself out in

Gizuko

I knew Wind was a cut above the rest, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

And yes, thinking back, getting suzaku raids done was a pain, so there is a silver lining lol

Falk

that puzzling face
The only characters I have who do anything resembling damage are the SF characters. And two of them are wind.

Didn't choose thug life, etc.

garath

/Rant

Stuff just melts. Windmeme is real apparently.

I don't even open up my event raids anymore. Takes me a little bit longer but I can't trust someone not to come in and snipe my MVP. Rosetta wind team is a slow build up then explodes.

chrono01

The Four Sky Blade is the dagger, right? That happens to be one of the random drops I got from the last GW event. Is it worth choosing it again to go for an LB, or should I go with something else? Maybe the Harp? Basically, should I try to grab numerous weapons to fill my weapon pool before I settle on one to try and LB it?

Boy, this event is kicking my ass. I can solo hard, and that is it. Not even sure its worth doing with how long it takes. Worse still is I can't leech like the celestial beast stuff, making this hard. If I had some decent healing/support characters I may be able to at least MVP my own V Hard, but sadly I only have will, who can't take a hit still. Oh well, the slog continues.

chrono01

Oh. I can actually solo extreme allo. Nice. 620k points for that. Just takes around 10 min.

GAFCypher is actually closing in on seeding! 2400 or better give or take appears to be seeded. We're at 2600 and some change right now. Nice!
Nice!

I'm going to log in shortly and burn through some pots.

Gizuko

Stuff just melts. Windmeme is real apparently.

I don't even open up my event raids anymore. Takes me a little bit longer but I can't trust someone not to come in and snipe my MVP. Rosetta wind team is a slow build up then explodes.

You are making me really jealous lol Well, I didn't expect to stomp an earth event with a water team, but I hope I can at least get the weapon uncapped - It's actually a godsend they don't scale earth events up to match wind teams.

The Four Sky Blade is the dagger, right? That happens to be one of the random drops I got from the last GW event. Is it worth choosing it again to go for an LB, or should I go with something else? Maybe the Harp? Basically, should I try to grab numerous weapons to fill my weapon pool before I settle on one to try and LB it?

Dagger is pretty good! Quattre (the character) isn't, but it's still worth the investment. Keep in mind LB0 weapons aren't really good as statsticks, unless you have nothing else.

Elepsis

Neo Member
In the Suzaku event, the raids dropped in EP cost as the HP of the bosses decreased. That doesn't seem to be happening for me anymore, either for event quests or even for normal quests.

Any reason for that?

Really messing up my leech game. Given my wind team is basically just Ryu and Rashid, I've mostly been using my light team, so I'm not exactly seeing much success soloing anything.

garath

For Renown Emblems, should I buy the gold moon and get CP or only use them on omega SSR weapons?

Save for SSR weapons unless you have a really big need for the CP. Even then I'd say instead use a bronze moon or two.

Bow number 1 get, 546 pulls on first box

What's the best use for all these mythril weapons? Sell or airship?

Damn. You guys with your quick weapons are making me jealous! I'm on 850 or so in the first box. Still no weapon.

chrono01

Dagger is pretty good! Quattre (the character) isn't, but it's still worth the investment. Keep in mind LB0 weapons aren't really good as statsticks, unless you have nothing else.
Hmm, I might pick the dagger again then, since I've heard it's pretty nice for DF? I don't know, I'm really conflicted on which I should go with. I mean, I doubt I'll get all four (or, in the case of the dagger, three) of these weapons in this GW event, so I'm guessing I'll need to continue the work during the next one, but I'm still going back-and-forth between the dagger (just for the weapon, I likely won't use the character) or if I should grab the bow/harp, since those character interest me. Or maybe go for the gun, for the Esser character who increases the drop-rate of items? She's Fire too, a team I'm considering on building alongside my current Dark one, but then I could just as easily start a Water team...

I hate decisions like this! I might just flip a coin.

Edit: Never mind, I'll probably go Harp, since I heard (from Rixa and a few others) that for Dark teams, Harp + SuperStar is recommended.

garath

Is GAFcypher going to make it? We're in the 1300s now. Or is the JP teams just getting rolling while we're going to bed soon lol

Blown 1200 token and still no GW weapon. I did get the dinosaur to drop it's SSR summon though.

Me too. Up to 900 pulls. Still no weapon. I also got the SSR summon to drop. I'd rather the weapon though!

Rainy

Banned
Can someone explain how the gatcha works for the guild wars event? (Also what are the best weapons from that list...)

Ala Alba

I can barely kill the vh eyeball, getting 22 tokens for 25 ap.

Naturally, I can't even come close to getting mvp on the allosaurus, so is it even worth spending the ap to host one?

I can barely kill the vh eyeball, getting 22 tokens for 25 ap.

Naturally, I can't even come close to getting mvp on the allosaurus, so is it even worth spending the ap to host one?

If you want to help your higher powered guildmates get more points for the guild, sure. If you're looking to just get tickets and whatever, not really.

Vamphuntr

Finally. It took like 1/5 of my AP pots stash. 3 to go. If you choose skip animation it doesn't skip it for the GW weapon.

EDIT : How do I change Drawbox now? I hit reset and will proceed to drawbox #2? Don't want to pull more normal weapon and 100 rupies.

kGR2XBs.png

Finally. It took like 1/5 of my AP pots stash. 3 to go. If you choose skip animation it doesn't skip it for the GW weapon.

EDIT : How do I change Drawbox now? I hit reset and will proceed to drawbox #2? Don't want to pull more normal weapon and 100 rupies.

Too bad! It's back to the beginning of the new box to hunt for that new weapon.

Top Bottom