• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Rixa

Cool, any idea how that affects Athena's ranking as a Fire summon? (I'm not even sure how you pick her up, to be honest.)
Gacha only summon. Dont bother to join them unless you have Athena and youre going to mlb it ;)

PSA: Remember to equip Florenburg dagger for GW event, it adds 10% points.

These moments are so rare:
GBFHlev.PNG

Gacha only. She's already the best elemental one at 80% uncapped. 4* is just icing on the cake

Gacha only summon. Dont bother to join them unless you have Athena and youre going to mlb it ;)

PSA: Remember to equip Florenburg dagger for GW event, it adds 10% points.

These moments are so rare:

Aah alright, one for the whales then, especially since you'd need multiples for this event to be relevant.

Gizuko

After carefully considering for a couple of days, I still can't make up my mind between Dagger and Sword.

The dagger works best for DF, and eventually nets me... One of the (if not THE) worst GW characters. I don't even use DF that much, but I'm guessing I'll stick to it once Yoda's gimmick stops being useful.

The sword would work for both DF and HSaber, my favourite class so far, but is best for HS IMO. It allows me to eventually get a pretty decent wind SSR too, but SSR Petra is my only wind SSR - I could actually buy Rosetta with my starter dash, but my wind weapons suck.

So it's either Sword for better HS synergy early on, and once I hit HLs, or Dagger to carry DF through midgame until endgame where I'll probably stick to damage reduction once again. How could I measure where I am, between early/mid game? My weapon pool is looking good, finally, although I am still using 2-3 Levi SRs and only 2 SSR dagers.

Also, notice that I'm pretty much ignoring characters since, character-wise, both the earth ones are personal favourites, but I'd rather get an useful weapon than a character this time around (since the grind to get the character is too long and my teams might vary by the time I get it done) and I only have Cag as far as earth goes.

Azusa

After carefully considering for a couple of days, I still can't make up my mind between Dagger and Sword.

The dagger works best for DF, and eventually nets me... One of the (if not THE) worst GW characters. I don't even use DF that much, but I'm guessing I'll stick to it once Yoda's gimmick stops being useful.

The sword would work for both DF and HSaber, my favourite class so far, but is best for HS IMO. It allows me to eventually get a pretty decent wind SSR too, but SSR Petra is my only wind SSR - I could actually buy Rosetta with my starter dash, but my wind weapons suck.

So it's either Sword for better HS synergy early on, and once I hit HLs, or Dagger to carry DF through midgame until endgame where I'll probably stick to damage reduction once again. How could I measure where I am, between early/mid game? My weapon pool is looking good, finally, although I am still using 2-3 Levi SRs and only 2 SSR dagers.

Also, notice that I'm pretty much ignoring characters since, character-wise, both the earth ones are personal favourites, but I'd rather get an useful weapon than a character this time around (since the grind to get the character is too long and my teams might vary by the time I get it done) and I only have Cag as far as earth goes.

I dont understand your problem. Pick dagger for DF. You dont need to upgrade it after element change. Leave it there. Next time select weapon you want for character. And dont pick sword only for HLs. You wont be farming them in the next few months so it will be waste of time and mats. Also why dagger? Why not water Harp for SS?

Rixa

^^ As Asuza says, do one, then do another.

Edit: I chose Harp. Last time I chose Axe, got one axe and now I go purely for the weapon. I might continue with axe when I have Harp mlb.

linkent

Anyone can advice how should i advance next?
This is my team.

For sure need to LB the team but need those gold cert which i should be able to get soon.
How do i improve the weapon level?
Also HP seems really low compared to the videos i viewed where most team has 6-10k average while my team are 3k+

Edit; cant seem to link the image properly. Will do when i get my pc access.

I'm still in the mindset of picking the weapon solely based on the character it unlocks, probably the wrong way of looking at things.

You just need to be in strong guild and win the gw. As reward you get summon stone that can limit break any summon.

Hmm, fair enough. Providing you have a good guild atleast.

Gizuko

I dont understand your problem. Pick dagger for DF. You dont need to upgrade it after element change. Leave it there. Next time select weapon you want for character. And dont pick sword only for HLs. You wont be farming them in the next few months so it will be waste of time and mats. Also why dagger? Why not water Harp for SS?

^^ As Asuza says, do one, then do another.

Edit: I chose Harp. Last time I chose Axe, got one axe and now I go purely for the weapon. I might continue with axe when I have Harp mlb.

I was planning on doing one first, then the other, but I actually didn't know where to start (hence my question about early/mid, depending on that one would be a better option than the other).

Harp was my third option, weapon-wise, since I have wanted to try superstar for a long while. However, I am yet to unlock said class and it's DA rate up buff doesn't do much for Yoda, so I narrowed it down to Dagger and Sword, since they seem like they will help me out both now and later - I actually want to end up with a Superstar Light team, so I wanted to avoid grinding it twice too.

In any case, I think I'm actually going to pick the Harp, now that you mention it. I like that character more than the other two, and Harps seem scarce, so It's probably my best bet at getting a water harp (feel free to quote me in a couple of weeks, once water harp event is announced).

Thank you both!

Rixa

In any case, I think I'm actually going to pick the Harp, now that you mention it. I like that character more than the other two, and Harps seem scarce, so It's probably my best bet at getting a water harp (feel free to quote me in a couple of weeks, once water harp event is announced).

Thank you both!

If you are planning Dark element, harp is the go and then use SuperStar class with harp equipped.

MiTYH

The dagger works best for DF, and eventually nets me... One of the (if not THE) worst GW characters.

I'm confused. I saw the reddit list on picking a guild war character to go to, but how does that correlate with these light weapons I can choose?

Gizuko

If you are planning Dark element, harp is the go and then use SuperStar class with harp equipped.

It seems like SS fits best in a dark/light team, going from the players I have been shamelessly spying. It will suck to do the grind twice, but at least changing the element requires a minimal grind compared to getting the character.

I'm confused. I saw the reddit list on picking a guild war character to go to, but how does that correlate with these light weapons I can choose?

They come as a pair: If you fully uncap one of the GW weapons you can start a ridiculous grind to upgrade the weapon further. After you do, you get he GW character.

Guys, guys. I did a random 1 ticket roll on my alternative account (don't REALLY care for it, so don't care about waiting for legfest)

Got this:

download

garath

Well cool. I can solo the verd hard allosaurus. Takes about 8 min. Doubt I'll be able to solo the extreme though. Even if I switch back to dark fencer, it just has too many HP.

I'm going for the sword simply because I know it's going to be a long slog to get the GW character and I want to get started now. When GW rolls around again I'll get the harp or dagger. Maybe I'll be working on superstar by that point.

Merun

Decided to go with dagger. I could totally use the ougi to fill the gap in my light team rotation. Later Song, later and who knows if I'm not going to level up SS

garath

What's more efficient, joining other people raids or starting my own and soloing highest level I can?

I think it's a combo of both. Use AP and ep to get as many tickets as possible. Last event someone broke down the tickets per AP. Unfortunately I don't remember which was the most efficient :( maybe someone remembers. Cause I'd like to know too Hehe. I suspect the very hard allosaurus is the best AP/time/ticket efficiency unless you can somehow quickly MVP the extreme one.

New to GW and the game in general, am I supposed to use all the tokens for token draw in GW?

Yep. Get and use as many as possible.

Rixa

Soloing the very hard eye gives 10k honors. Taking part in Extreme dinosaur yields me on average 100k honors.
I do:
- Solo VH Eye (if no mlb Bahamut friend)
- Solo VH Allosaurus (If mlb Bahamut friend)
- Use EP normally for Omegas, unless there is EX+ to join.

garath

Well that extreme wasn't too bad. Just took awhile. I didn't solo it but I got MVP by a long shot. 8mil to the vice MVP 1.5mil.

Got a mess of points. Almost half a million.

Go wind team!

If I have the time to sit there and chunk these guys for 10-15 min then I'll probably do extreme as much as possible.

dennism

just as i was wondering if the free draw could give anything good, i got a SR lyst (vira) weapon, pretty cool

any chance it could draw a SSR?

garath

Interesting.
VH eye is 25ap, gives 16 tickets + 6 if you MVP it. That's .88 tickets per AP.

The extreme allo is 50ap, gives 32 tickets + 12 if you MVP it. That's .88 tickets per AP again.

I might just swap back and forth. Extreme allo is great for the points. I did less damage the second time and only got around 400k points but that's still quite a bit. Need all the points since the top reward is 25mil.

draw4wild

Interesting.
VH eye is 25ap, gives 16 tickets + 6 if you MVP it. That's .88 tickets per AP.

The extreme allo is 50ap, gives 32 tickets + 12 if you MVP it. That's .88 tickets per AP again.

I might just swap back and forth. Extreme allo is great for the points. I did less damage the second time and only got around 400k points but that's still quite a bit. Need all the points since the top reward is 25mil.

Very hard Allo gives 16+6 for win+ 8 for mvp at 30 AP, that's 1 ticket per AP

Also, the rewards above 6.5 million honor don't seem to great, all the gacha tickets are at or before 6.5million

razterik

Could use some guild wars weapon choice help. Harp first for healing on dark team (Vira, Vampy, Naru)? Or axe for Earth (Catherine, Cagliostro, Sara) and eventual guild wars character? Anyone have a link to the axe stats/info? Don't really want to throw myself into this event yet without a clear goal.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm paralyzed by indecision for my weapon.

My ultimate goal is a grand order team, but in the meantime, my realistic goal is a fire team. I should just go for the harp like everyone else, right? Or is damage king and I should go for the dagger?!

Yaari

I'm paralyzed by indecision for my weapon.

My ultimate goal is a grand order team, but in the meantime, my realistic goal is a fire team. I should just go for the harp like everyone else, right? Or is damage king and I should go for the dagger?!

Do you use classes that use harp and dagger? If so, pick either.

If you cant decide a character for GW weapon then its easy, get a weapon you might use.

Mknzy

Got a quick question, if I might. I just earned enough crystals to make my first 10 pull, and I wanted to ask, should I pull off of the current banner, or would I be better off waiting to make my first pull until one comes up that gives you a guaranteed SSR in the pull.

garath

So GAFcypher is a little over 3000 rank. Guessing we have no hope of clearing prelims? Lol. We are climbing a little at least!

Got a quick question, if I might. I just earned enough crystals to make my first 10 pull, and I wanted to ask, should I pull off of the current banner, or would I be better off waiting to make my first pull until one comes up that gives you a guaranteed SSR in the pull.

Wait. After guild wars is over there should be a legend fest where the SSR drop rate is doubled. That's the best time to try your luck with a 10 pull.

Top Bottom