• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Vamphuntr

Too bad! It's back to the beginning of the new box to hunt for that new weapon.

I know that. Just don't want to keep pulling from box number one. I push reset?

So is VH Alosaurus more ticket/AP efficient? It's not like we need points so I just care about tickets.

I gave up on points. I solo the VH hard eye and it gives me 22 tickets everytime. With Yoda it takes 2 min to win so it's the most efficient to me.

Falk

that puzzling face
Can someone explain how the gatcha works for the guild wars event? (Also what are the best weapons from that list...)

It's basically a box gacha. In other words, you choose a weapon which becomes the 'prize' in the gacha, which has a discrete number of separate items. As you pull from it, stuff that you pull is removed from the box, meaning you can technically empty it out, just like a physical gachapon machine.

You 'win' when you get the prize, in this case the weapon you chose.

'What's the best weapon' highly depends on what you need, but if you aren't sure, harp is a safe choice since almost everyone will want it sooner or later. (Superstar OP etc)

Oh didn't notice that only raids started by the crew count towards crew's total honor. This makes sense. Actually have to cooperate for the event if you can solo grind everything.

draw4wild

So is VH Alosaurus more ticket/AP efficient? It's not like we need points so I just care about tickets.

If you can get mvp every time, it's 30 AP for 30 tickets, plus it will give you a lot more honor for the cumulative awards. If you can't mvp it's only 22 tickets

Eye is 25 AP for 22 tickets so it's not a big difference in tickets. Honor is much less tho capping at 10k. I pretty much do 2 eye, then allo till out of meat(2or3) then 2 eye again

garath

That's the trick. I still want the honor points. But then again if I want to max the GW weapon I need to start pulling in tickets faster.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there a reason people won't join my raids? I may get 1 or 2 but that's it. Really slowing down my progress!

Is there a reason people won't join my raids? I may get 1 or 2 but that's it. Really slowing down my progress!

BP is a lot harder to get then AP is the main problem. Unless it's an extreme(+) fight or on the cheap like during the Celestials events, people are going to spend their BP on the hardest possible fight to get as many points as possible out of their BP.

Vamphuntr

How good of a chance do I have of pulling an SSR during legfest? Should I expect a good chance or no?

During legfest SSR rate is 6% instead of 3% when using a 10 pulls. Before the English translation dropped, they gave 10 free pulls a day for 7 days during the festival and many of us got a few SSR this way.

Gren

Damn, I've run head-on into a brickwall in Story. Each hit does like 3 pts of damage :p

Is my AP better spent on doing the dailies, or going back & playing old story mode stages? I've already uncapped most of my characters so now I just need to level them.

EDIT: I know the Angel Halo events are the best, but I'm looking for the next-best alternative for times when it's unavailable.

Faynwulf

Damn... I've pulled over 500 gacha tickets and got almost everything "rare" except the SSR Weapon. That sucks really bad.

dennism

Lucky ;)

Yes. Reset so you can work on the next one. You can always go back to the first box later to get more stuff if you get super lucky and max uncap the weapon early.

thanks, ill do that. i didn't have much reaction when i draw it but looking at the posts here, especially yours, i guess i got pretty lucky lol. good luck getting your weap too

Go to unite & fight and join in on raids or start one!

should i ask help from the crew only? would that get us more points?

arevin01

Oh didn't notice that only raids started by the crew count towards crew's total honor. This makes sense. Actually have to cooperate for the event if you can solo grind everything.

Wait what? Are you saying I dont get any honor points for the crew from a random person's raid?

Rixa

Edit: Never mind, I'll probably go Harp, since I heard (from Rixa and a few others) that for Dark teams, Harp + SuperStar is recommended.
Bookmark this page / make your own copy:
6e2e8a3a-0f38-45b4-8150-929809958fa0.png
You get the idea, where to put your points.
My very first pull got me the harp.. Welpppp..
Second box 800token no weapon in sight :(

I just got my first harp. \o/

Time to reset and go for #2.
Grats \o_

For me I had 200 items left in gacha when I pulled Harp (last time I had 70 items left for axe)...

Lets see if this 2nd weapon is faster. Used around 30 ½ potions :p

chrono01

Bookmark this page / make your own copy:

You get the idea, where to put your points.

Grats \o_

For me I had 200 items left in gacha when I pulled Harp (last time I had 70 items left for axe)...

Lets see if this 2nd weapon is faster. Used around 30 ½ potions :p
Thanks, image saved. I appreciate it!

Also, congrats to you on your harp, as well. It sounds like many of us are on our second round, let's hope our luck remains.

Gizuko

All this talk of honors is making me feel bad. I can't solo VH allo (I'll give it another try later today) let alone extreme, so I'm killing eyes and summoning ex allo every now and then. It really feels like I'm leeching tho.

Rixa

All this talk of honors is making me feel bad. I can't solo VH allo (I'll give it another try later today) let alone extreme, so I'm killing eyes and summoning ex allo every now and then. It really feels like I'm leeching tho.

Dont worry. I was same situation in last gw. Vh Eyballs took time to solo and could solo vh meat monster. Last gw was kinda bust to me (got only 1 axe) cause I was farming Diablo same time (used over 70 pots to Diablo farming).

Now it feels nice that I can solo Eyball in 2 turns and I can solo VH Saurus if I get mlb Baha friend. If there is no mlb Baha in list I do vh Eye. This means that I can do this on the future in every gw that comes. Obviously aim is to be able to solo Ex saurus. Now I can only do about 40% to ex Saurus.

Gizuko

Dont worry. I was same situation in last gw. Vh Eyballs took time to solo and could solo vh meat monster. Last gw was kinda bust to me (got only 1 axe) cause I was farming Diablo same time (used over 70 pots to Diablo farming).

Now it feels nice that I can solo Eyball in 2 turns and I can solo VH Saurus if I get mlb Baha friend. If there is no mlb Baha in list I do vh Eye. This means that I can do this on the future in every gw that comes. Obviously aim is to be able to solo Ex saurus. Now I can only do about 40% to ex Saurus.

Oh, I didn't know you farmed Diablo while the GW was going on. I should really start LBing cocytus soon, now that you mention it.

TBH I can't feel any progression as far as the eye is concerned (still takes 3 turns + Yoda's ougi), but the fact that I can deal more damage to an earth boss than I did to the last fire boss is definitely an improvement. Soloing VH allo is still impossible for me (not even Charlotta's new box helped), since it takes a revive potion (yellow ones, not elixirs), so I'm mostly sorry that I can't contribute more to the crew's ranking.

It seems we are doing good, though. I hope we can clear the prelims this time.

Felessan

In the Suzaku event, the raids dropped in EP cost as the HP of the bosses decreased. That doesn't seem to be happening for me anymore, either for event quests or even for normal quests.

Any reason for that?

Really messing up my leech game. Given my wind team is basically just Ryu and Rashid, I've mostly been using my light team, so I'm not exactly seeing much success soloing anything.
This mechanics is only for 4 beasts event. All other have just fixed cost to join.

thanks, ill do that. i didn't have much reaction when i draw it but looking at the posts here, especially yours, i guess i got pretty lucky lol. good luck getting your weap too

should i ask help from the crew only? would that get us more points?

idk if it does, but it certainly wouldn't give other teams points if we don't request back up outside of the crew

Rixa

Oh, I didn't know you farmed Diablo while the GW was going on. I should really start LBing cocytus soon, now that you mention it.

I have typo in text you loaned. It should have "I couldn't solo VH meat monster" :p. Now I can, that progression. I didnt have any good dark summon so it was easy to concentrade rather doing summon than GW (first days).

Gizuko

I have typo in text you loaned. It should have "I couldn't solo VH meat monster" :p. Now I can, that progression. I didnt have any good dark summon so it was easy to concentrade rather doing summon than GW (first days).

Oooh that makes sense haha Well, I guess there's no use crying over spilt milk, so I'll just empty my 1/2 AP stash on the eyeball and wait for cocytus to come back. I could use that extra 20% from uncapping.

garath

Uh oh. GAFcypher is dropping. We're down to 2100 or so. I just spammed 20 meats worth of extreme allo. Hope it helps stem the bleeding. Getting to final hour here.

I really love the extra 30% damage today. Was worth the balm things.

Gizuko

I have more than 50 meats I could use during strike time/whenever, but I can't defeat the thing, so in the end it's up to how much soul powder we can spend.

Uh oh. GAFcypher is dropping. We're down to 2100 or so. I just spammed 20 meats worth of extreme allo. Hope it helps stem the bleeding. Getting to final hour here.

I really love the extra 30% damage today. Was worth the balm things.

We were at 1100 this morning but we're in JP primetime now so everyone's grinding. I'll hopefully have some more time to continue grinding in about an hour when I get home from work.

MiTYH

1022 tickets so far, no weapon. The struggle is real.

Got a Champ mat though, and the Wind SR gun twice. Beyond that, nothing of note

Rixa

1022 tickets so far, no weapon. The struggle is real.

Got a Champ mat though, and the Wind SR gun twice. Beyond that, nothing of note
First weapon took me well over 2300 tickets this time. Now Iam at the half of second pool, no weapon. Going to grind more tomorrow cause GW takes break in few hours time.

I don't care about dropping. I wasn't in it to qualify anyway. That only works when everyone is in on it.
Yeah, its about gw weapon & stuff you get from gacha.

garath

Got my first sword at 989 draws. That's 1978 tickets. Onto the next box. 133 draws in already.

Does it make sense to start skilling up the GW sword now? I can't use it until I change the element so it will set my pool back a bit. Getting a lot of great fodder from this event. I'm sitting on 6 of those grass guns and 5 of the big skill gems.

draw4wild

Very hard Allo.....I can pretty much solo him as long as he doesn't Pulsar Explosion for his first Ougi. I can't break him until he's ready for the 2nd one so I have to eat whatever he casts first

How long until GW closes for the night?

Top Bottom