• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Just got an MVP in a magna raid. Praise be to you RNGJesus

Barowa_A.png

Of course all I got out of it was a magna SR weapon and 5 ep restore item so that just means I have to grind even more now.

MiTYH

Anyone want to help a event raid out? 204BE1B6. You basically just have to spit on it to KO it

EDIT: Cleared! Got me a light event bow for the trouble of starting that one!

garath

So close. I missed 15 minutes of star halo dungeon today but the remaining 45 min I just ran it over and over. I went through 15 pots at least.

I needed over 100 of pretty much everything. I'm muuuuch closer now.

DdYDMNZ.png

One more solid 30-45 min of star halo and I'll have this portion done.

The light pieces will take a bit longer.

To8iA38.png

Hopefully the extreme light dungeon will flesh that out. I gave up on the wind extreme. Not enough orbs for the effort/ap. star halo much better.

Felessan

What poker guide?
it's pretty simple
Poker 2 cards
Pair > Street/Flash Draw > everything else
Always double-up
10 and higher - choose lower, 6 and lower - choose higher, 7-9 - get money

Or you can try your luck and go 1-7/8-A up to maximum multiplier (it works rather well too).

dennism

if i have altair, should i go for superstar class? since altair's ATT/DEF debuff do not stack with dark fencer's one, is altair's one the same potency as dark fencer's

nesteaplunger

Neo Member
Are the bahamut weapons worth using before rank 80? Also do bahamut horns drop from Order Grande Raids? Haven't seen a single horn drop yet.

Merun

it's pretty simple
Poker 2 cards
Pair > Street/Flash Draw > everything else
Always double-up
10 and higher - choose lower, 6 and lower - choose higher, 7-9 - get money

Or you can try your luck and go 1-7/8-A up to maximum multiplier (it works rather well too).

I stop only at round 6 or more depending of the odds.

Are the bahamut weapons worth using before rank 80? Also do bahamut horns drop from Order Grande Raids? Haven't seen a single horn drop yet.
Baha weapon are powerful even without rank 80. Racial damage increase can be 20% just at skill lvl 1.

Edit: also a card drawn in poker can't be drawn again so probabilities are changing each turn.

Rixa

Oh I didn't realize that you can get one of those summons if you get 10 anima from those lvl 100 raids. That's interesting I guess.
Maybe youre mixing something. Those level 100 raids are gacha summons, you cant get those summons outisde of crystal / mobacoin gacha:
- Bahamut
- Grande
- Macula Maris
- Athena
- Odin
- Nezha
and so on.
So close. I missed 15 minutes of star halo dungeon today but the remaining 45 min I just ran it over and over. I went through 15 pots at least.

I needed over 100 of pretty much everything. I'm muuuuch closer now.

DdYDMNZ.png

One more solid 30-45 min of star halo and I'll have this portion done.

The light pieces will take a bit longer.

To8iA38.png

Hopefully the extreme light dungeon will flesh that out. I gave up on the wind extreme. Not enough orbs for the effort/ap. star halo much better.

This is where Iam now. Silver certs done, thanks to those >30 Bahamuts during weekend + this ongoing event. Now I "just" need to run Star Angel Halo few hours and wait for Light extreme days.
Also skillupped 2nd Celeste weapon (axe) to 10, now Iam again out of ssr fodder (I can get one more ssr from event with points, 0 sofar with drops).

Iam using 2, at the moment getting 80% of full power.

Gizuko

if i have altair, should i go for superstar class? since altair's ATT/DEF debuff do not stack with dark fencer's one, is altair's one the same potency as dark fencer's

Altair's Mist misses a lot. Not as much as Societte's, but still more than DF.

The choice is yours in any case, but remember a lot of the DFs popularity comes from being able to delay ougis and from reducing atk by 50% when using Mist+arrow rain III - don't get me wrong, though, SS is perfectly viable but, don't make that decision based on Altair's debuff alone.

Grzi

Should I just give up on this game if I can't find where I can trade for summons in the shop? Lol

I think I saw it once. Maybe.

Falk

that puzzling face
What I learnt from this event is that in Granblue Fantasy's world when couples have a spat the girl beats the shit out of the guy who then turns into a treasure chest.

Rixa

4 Bahamut horns, still no dagger....fml

I dunno is it just bad rng or is dagger in smaller chance to drop. Sat & Sun I run Bahamut over 30 times (cause I needed 1 harp) and got only 1 dagger & 1 harp to drop. Even sword dropped many times and got plenty of pistol / staff / axe / spear / glove drops.

Chaos17

What I learnt from this event is that in Granblue Fantasy's world when couples have a spat the girl beats the shit out of the guy who then turns into a treasure chest.

I have the feeling that she isn't in love with him much but care about him like a friend, imo XD

Edit : today is uncap day. I like upgrading my units and see their new arts.
ChnCnE7WMAAKLMC.jpg
ChnCn1xWMAAdB1q.jpg

garath

I dunno is it just bad rng or is dagger in smaller chance to drop. Sat & Sun I run Bahamut over 30 times (cause I needed 1 harp) and got only 1 dagger & 1 harp to drop. Even sword dropped many times and got plenty of pistol / staff / axe / spear / glove drops.

Its just rng. In my hunt for the last two swords I maxed out one dagger and have two stars in a second. Harp I've only seen one though. But I'm sure there's someone out there sick of only seeing harps.

MicH

A few questions:

1. I got a Rusted Harp from the Halo dungeon. What are these used for again?

2. I'm new to the game, but I already have a gazillion R weapons. Should I keep these or just sell/fodder them?

I just max uncapped the Tyrant Bow. Really cool. Love all the exp weapons from this event

Grzi

Currently on the way to breaking Alec's level cap for the fourth time. It'll be a few more days, but I'm already scared of having to do it once more (he can be broken five times right?).

How hard/time consuming can I expect it to be?

Falk

that puzzling face
A few questions:

1. I got a Rusted Harp from the Halo dungeon. What are these used for again?

2. I'm new to the game, but I already have a gazillion R weapons. Should I keep these or just sell/fodder them?

I just max uncapped the Tyrant Bow. Really cool. Love all the exp weapons from this event

1. Guild War or Bahamut weapons. Bahamut weapons confer bonuses to race rather than element like Omegas do.

2. You probably want to keep the ones with skill levels (you can switch the display and sort them by skill level and filter them out that way) for eventual skill level fodder, but the rest are probably safe to feed if you're levelling even random SRs as stat sticks.

Currently on the way to breaking Alec's level cap for the fourth time. It'll be a few more days, but I'm already scared of having to do it once more (he can be broken five times right?).

Game has a very cool progression curve where the harder content you can beat (or, alternatively, the faster you can beat ____ content) the less painful any grind is.

But the entire game revolves around grinding to begin with, so...

Rixa

Here are the materials needed for last uncap (5th*) in certain units, bot SR &SSR. Amounts are same in every element only element material is different (Lucius is google translated, old pic)
In order you to do 5th*:
- Get to level 80 ssr, 70 sr
- Clear Fate Episode (they can be easy or very hard)
- Get enough materials

garath

I still haven't really seen the big benefit to leveling up characters except for unlocking their skills or unlocking the improved version of certain skills. I know there's some big ones like Cagliostro's level 100 but for a lot it just seems like a waste of gold certs.

My whole party is level 70 right now. Haven't really had the motivation to bump them up beyond that. Hoarding the animas for omega summons and the gold certs for GW.

Grzi

Is there a list of 5* characters?

It's on the Granblue Wiki. Not sure if it's complete.

Anyway, that's a lot of merits Jesus Christ.

Also, I have Barawa, should I use him? I know he's RNG dependant but he can do crazy shit for an R. How good is he?

Scraping the bottom of the barrel since no SSR characters lol. But I've been playing a lot more in the past few days and if I keep up this pace I'm buying that start dash gacha or whatever it's called and getting Percival. He seems nice.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I still haven't really seen the big benefit to leveling up characters except for unlocking their skills or unlocking the improved version of certain skills. I know there's some big ones like Cagliostro's level 100 but for a lot it just seems like a waste of gold certs.

My whole party is level 70 right now. Haven't really had the motivation to bump them up beyond that. Hoarding the animas for omega summons and the gold certs for GW.

Sometimes it can take a while, so it's better to get started now if you have a character that can be broken that much. I read that it can take over a month simply to level from 90 to 100.

Kreed

Just started this game last week. I can see why some of you guys from the Japanese Gacha thread were so into it. No SSR stuff yet, just trying to go through the story and saving stones for 10 pulls (did one using the free stones from the streaming event, but only managed to get two SR summons). I did get that cat guy from the event going on right now so now I'm just trying to get his loyalty up.

garath

I think my goal for this event is 2 mil honors. I'm just shy of 1 mil right now. At an average of 25k each fight, it is a little annoying to build up that much. But 2 mil will give me almost all the silver and gold certs and two SSR fodder for skill ups. Pretty reasonable without killing myself trying to get everything.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I got a dino as a drop. Was like hitting the lottery because it meant I have that much less to grind.

I think my goal for this event is 2 mil honors. I'm just shy of 1 mil right now. At an average of 25k each fight, it is a little annoying to build up that much. But 2 mil will give me almost all the silver and gold certs and two SSR fodder for skill ups. Pretty reasonable without killing myself trying to get everything.

I'm targeting 2.5 mill to get all the gold certs. It would let me uncap Percibro. Already at 1 mill, I can reach 1.2 million if i try enough later.

Top Bottom