• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Chaos17

In case some people missed the infos some pages ago

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Granblue_en/comments/4j4pwb/famitsu_award_celebration/

100 crystals every log in from the 14th to the 26th.
Half AP off main quests, and co-op until the 25th.
Half BP off raids until the 25th.
1.5 RP and EXP until the 25th.
Higher chance of a grand success while upgrading until the 25th.
A free 10-roll ticket on the 23rd.

Grzi

Address change via cog wheel in wallet didnt work me either. (This was with app + credit card).

I try it via Paypal, since I havent triend that.

Paypal didnt help
- Changed address to US via wallet cog button
- Tried to buy via paypal
->> Currency not supported

Did it.

Changed my address to a US one on payments.google.com and then removed my cc on wallet.google.com and added it again but with a US address.

Hope this helps.

Wanchan

First time hosting Colossus

R4mK07K.png

How good are those "big boost to ATK as XXX allies' HP decreases" weapons? looks fodder to me?

captainpat

How many renowned points is it possible to get from a single raid? I usually get 20-26 points. Most of which is bonuses for using R characters.

garath

I haven't seen an SSR weapon from an omega in weeks. At one point I was hosting 3 tiamats per day too. Did my 3 today and best I got was another summon. Sigh. I have like 10 of them now.

Gizuko

First time hosting Colossus
How good are those "big boost to ATK as XXX allies' HP decreases" weapons? looks fodder to me?

First of all, let me say that the "usefulness" of this skill is, at the very least, arguable. They do require you to fight under certain health % to gain any benefit at all (over atk up weapons), but they might prove to be better for your pool than omega attack up - they DO have diminishing returns and don't fit all team compositions though, specially fire weapons since Percival is pretty good.

I also can't say I have fully studied this skill, since I have no way to get a weapon with it yet (I play water and haven't started building my fire weapon pool), but I have read a bit about it, and my conclusion is that some of them are good, but I wouldn't equip too many.

Going by the weapon optimisation guide, Colossus Katana is a "Category 2" LS weapon - this means that you'll have a higher attack stat by the time you hit 65% HP (at either SLvl 10 or 15, vs using the same weapon with an atk up skill, using Omega summons) with a single Katana.

You can check this out for yourself, but the gist of it is that increasing the number of katanas forces you to fight at a lower health % to gain an advantage over atk up weapons, to the point that I personally would add 1 at most, if I were to add any.

Values and stat boost vary wildly depending on your weapon pool and summons (I wouldn't use it with elemental summons, in any case), so do take that into account before deciding wether to use it as fodder or equip it.

Grzi

Seriously can't wait for my start dash ticket to appear again. Maybe we'll get a Legend Gacha before it, that would be great.

Can we boycott Granblue until they fix this annoying bug?

BLOCKER:
Gemini Sunrise is NOT in her cowgirl uniform.

Game is literally unplayable right now because of it!

Grzi

Can I only skill up weapons one level at a time or is it possible to go multiple levels at once? For instance, if I want to level my slv3 SSR weapon can I feed it 56 points to instantly get it to 5 or do I go 24 points to 4, and then 32 more to 5?

garath

Can I only skill up weapons one level at a time or is it possible to go multiple levels at once? For instance, if I want to level my slv3 SSR weapon can I feed it 56 points to instantly get it to 5 or do I go 24 points to 4, and then 32 more to 5?

Since it isn't a direct point system but a percentage chance I'd say no, one point at a time.

dennism

do all the extreme event fights drops the SSR weapon? and i noticed thre's only one weapon in stock, does that mean you're forced to farm it if you want to mlb it?

froliq

do all the extreme event fights drops the SSR weapon? and i noticed thre's only one weapon in stock, does that mean you're forced to farm it if you want to mlb it?

The cost goes up when you buy one. Only 3 in total in the shop per weapon. So you have to get 1 from drops to get it to MLB.

Felessan

Yes, they are, although rare.
And there are actually 3 copy of each weapon in stock, they just have very different price (after you buy current copy - weapon will be restocked with different price)

garath

What the heck. Did they lower the proto bahamut rank requirements to summon? I'm only 65 but it has now popped up in my quest list.

garath

" Only"rank 65 :( some of us are in the low 30s

It won't be long :) I've only been playing for a few months. Still feel pretty new.

I only ask because I always read the requirement was rank 80 to summon proto bahamut.

Edit: sigh. I've hosted 8 omegas today, run every natural regenerating EP worth of other omegas and not a single SSR weapon.

Not a lucky day for me.

Don't know why, but an Erica fate episode synopsis is actually already translated. The actual fate episodes are still in Japanese though. Not sure about the other ST chars.

Makes me curious why the translation had to be delayed.

draw4wild

Bought all 3 light guns now, still need the one to drop so I can max it. Gonna buy Erica next so I can try dark Maniac and see if I can handle it.

kiryogi

Banned
Don't know why, but an Erica fate episode synopsis is actually already translated. The actual fate episodes are still in Japanese though. Not sure about the other ST chars.

Makes me curious why the translation had to be delayed.

Possibly work in progress? The only concern here is if means english translations are going to be coming slower or something.

Randy42

Has there been any update/info on when Granblue will be available in non-jp app stores for phones now that the english version is out? Without having to do the BS to trick your phone into thinking its a japanese one that is.

garath

Has there been any update/info on when Granblue will be available in non-jp app stores for phones now that the english version is out? Without having to do the BS to trick your phone into thinking its a japanese one that is.

Very very unlikely to ever happen. Too many licensing issues with all the crossovers.

kiryogi

Banned
That's a shame. I got a chunk of friends who would try it as a phone thing but dont really care to with the chrome app.

It's not really tricking it either unless you're talking about iOS.

Either way, it's very minimal effort involved to get it on either platform.

Oh will that really work without any sort of jp emulator on androids? Nice I'll tell my friend to try it.

The app is just this browser but with a little menu over it, biggest difference is that you can't buy stuff as easily in the browser since it doesn't have google play integration.

Talaysen

Is there any info on how good Septian Burner's drop boost and Bounty Hunter are? I'm wondering if I should be going for Hawkeye + Bounty Hunter II or Septian Burner (slv4) Bishop + Bounty Hunter III to maximize drop chances. (I also have a 0 star bunny if that matters any, hoping to max that soon though.)

Hubb

Is there anyway to log out of an account? I just installed this on bluestacks, but I want to use the account I've been using in the chrome browser. Is that possible?

I use the granblue app on the phone to play and its pretty good on wifi, Ive played on 4G at times but you have to litrally press the menu buttons multiple times for it to be ackowledged, which is really only an issue when youre trying to get in raids.

linkent

what's the rusted weap used for again? if i have a GW harp it's safe to sell the non-harps one right?

4 rusted weapons of same type + 1 bahamut horn = that bahamut weapon of that.
4 rusted harp + 1 bahamut horn = bahamut harp.

for bahamut weapon you want to see your class race, harp increase "Harvin" hp by 30%
iirc there are very few harvin in top unit and mostly human so dagger+sword is what people go for.

anyone know the translation for this event fire katana skills?

4 rusted weapons of same type + 1 bahamut horn = that bahamut weapon of that.
4 rusted harp + 1 bahamut horn = bahamut harp.

for bahamut weapon you want to see your class race, harp increase "Harvin" hp by 30%
iirc there are very few harvin in top unit and mostly human so dagger+sword is what people go for.

anyone know the translation for this event fire katana skills?

Large atk up + HP -7%
Small double attack chance up

Top Bottom