• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Grzi

What event weapon should I focus on getting, since I'll probably only be able to MLB one? Which one will be more useful down the road? I plan on going fire for my next element, but I'm not sure if the Katana is any good?

raven777

What event weapon should I focus on getting, since I'll probably only be able to MLB one? Which one will be more useful down the road? I plan on going fire for my next element, but I'm not sure if the Katana is any good?

If you have 2 Axe from idolmaster event, you can probably skip katana. If you don't have any, you should at least get one imo.

MicH

WOOO!! I just bear event Wind boss extreme! I didn't even lose a character! That was fun and what a nice feeling to finally be able to move on to the next difficulty. Granted I think I need a maxed Athena friend to do it, but yay!

Faynwulf

Even though I've seen the Light Gun drop for other people, I'm getting convinced that is impossible. I've used up more pots than I am comfortable saying.

Grzi

WOOO!! I just bear event Wind boss extreme! I didn't even lose a character! That was fun and what a nice feeling to finally be able to move on to the next difficulty. Granted I think I need a maxed Athena friend to do it, but yay!

Yeah, I did the same today with wind and dark bosses using a maxed Macula Marius friend. High five!

garath

Even though I've seen the Light Gun drop for other people, I'm getting convinced that is impossible. I've used up more pots than I am comfortable saying.

I know the feeling. I'm starting to think I'll just have to live with a 2 star gun. I figure it isn't wasted as I'll use the fire weapons for fodder and I can always use more certs if I have that many more materials left over after the weapons.

MiTYH

Ugh, grind grind grind. Does any event bos drop the single vials more often? I've been farming extreme Earth boss, and I'm trying to get the light gun but there's a clear difference in items:

- 23/75 single vials
- 99/100 braclets
- 30/60 double vials

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm considering just grinding out proto raids. I've had such bad luck with Colossus raids. If you aren't hosting it yourself, your odds are near 0% for a drop.

commish

What would you need out of Proto raids though?

Eventually I will need more certificates. I'm just planning ahead. I had to spend so many berries to get enough certificates for my first GW weapon. I would love to get them now at 2 energy a pop instead of 5.

Picked up a SR character from todays discount draw. Ezecrane. Fire is not the affinity Im trying to with :(
CildzacWUAEU4Xl.jpg

Pere

Neo Member
So i've finally bought the beginner's ticket, any advice on what should i pick?

Character pool:
5896afef1479eeef7aa267474b083810.png

I'm focusing on farming wind but jesus fuck do i hate tiamat..... two weeks farming the hard version and spawning the omega when i can and i've only got 3 SSR summons and 1 SSR gauntlet :(

I'm focusing on farming wind but jesus fuck do i hate tiamat..... two weeks farming the hard version and spawning the omega when i can and i've only got 3 SSR summons and 1 SSR gauntlet :(

if you want to stick with wind, you could choose petra or birdman
you could go light and get jeanne since both of the light SRs you have are top tier SRs
or go dark and pick vampy, vira or naphy

but choosing light or dark is basically a whole new set of more terrible grinding

there's always going with someone that was exclusive to the gatcha pool at the time you started, but dunno when you started

commish

you could go light and get jeanne since both of the light SRs you have are top tier SRs

but choosing light or dark is basically a whole new set of more terrible grinding

there's always going with someone that was exclusive to the gatcha pool at the time you started, but dunno when you started

Yeah, I would stick with wind and go this route. The bad luck you have with drops exist across all elements, and is worse with light/dark. It's actually easiest with wind because you can use more than one drop. I'm currently doing fire, so I need a staff and only a staff.

Pere

Neo Member

I started some days before the legfest that came with a 10-pull free every day,i got Rosetta and Carmelina from that. I think it was @the idolmaster event?

And yeah i think i'll stick to wind, i have 5 MLB SRs + 1SSR with lvl 4 skills which i guess is better than my 0 weapons from dark and light... tho i love Amira she was my first SSR and she's awesome ;_;

PD: Does the 10-pull tickect disappear after the 10 days or can i keep it to use it at a legfest?

MicH

Is there a list if limited time units? My Start Dash should appear somewhat soon, and I can't remember when I started my account (quite a while before English was added, but I didn't really play until two weeks ago). And is the list I'm the shop who I can pick from once I get the SD?

captainpat

Maybe I'm being paranoid but it's starting to feel like bounty hunter is lowering the quality of the loot I get. Almost every time to I use it on enemies that usually drop 2 or 3 gold chests I get silvers instead.

garath

I would be interested in tallying how many AP pots I use over the course of GW char farming. It is going to be a very large number. The scrolls and orb grind is amazing. It's not just running a dungeon that might give 2-3 scrolls it orbs but it's getting the right element on top of it.

I am 100% going to use some cerulean stones at some point to supplement this grind but I need to make sure I'm relieving the biggest bottleneck. I.E. using them for Mithra anima would have been a waste. But maybe getting 300 orbs wouldn't be. Or 100 scrolls.

commish

So... if I need 28 inferno orbs... my only option is to run the orb dungeon about 120 times @ 25 ap each time...? Ugh.

commish

Would I ever need these gacha weapons down the road?

And I just found out that omega SSRs give 10.

The thought of farming 25 more orbs is just depressing. I can't imagine that 2 of my junk omega SSRs are worth trashing to save 600 AP.

Goroh

Would I ever need these gacha weapons down the road?

And I just found out that omega SSRs give 10.

The thought of farming 25 more orbs is just depressing. I can't imagine that 2 of my junk omega SSRs are worth trashing to save 600 AP.

Gatcha weapons are good only if you spend a boatload of money, since you need 4 copies to max them. I break them everytime i need orbs, it's the fastest way. They also give a LOT of weapon elements, which are useful down the road.

arevin01

Character pool:
5896afef1479eeef7aa267474b083810.png

Mines the opposite, I get more magna weapons than summons, 3 weeks of farming Tia gave me 4 SSR weapons and 2 SSR summon.

garath

I hate this game so much sometimes. Hosted another 9 omega raids today. MVP on 4 of them. Not a single SSR weapon. That makes around 30 hosted raids this event and nothing to show for it but a couple SSR summons.

Still no light gun drop either. 0 for everything this event.

commish

I can finally get MVP on my Colossus raids but still no staves :/

Is it worth spending 1000 renown on a moon??

Top Bottom