• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

dennism

4 rusted weapons of same type + 1 bahamut horn = that bahamut weapon of that.
4 rusted harp + 1 bahamut horn = bahamut harp.

for bahamut weapon you want to see your class race, harp increase "Harvin" hp by 30%
iirc there are very few harvin in top unit and mostly human so dagger+sword is what people go for.

anyone know the translation for this event fire katana skills?

ah ok, i have 3 sword so i guess i'll try that. is the horn dropped from proto bahamut as well?

Chaos17

New event mode will be soon implemented: Defend Order Advance

It is essentially a Town/Island Area Defence game. Each DO game has a maximum of 50,000 participants. You choose your party when you first join, and you can’t change it later. Your status (turn count, current HP, buffs, etc.) will carry across all battles. You can do non-DO battles while a DO is in progress, but that won’t change your DO battle status. There will be DO-exclusive items that you can craft and use. There will also be a ranking reward.
When will Defend Order be implemented?
In 2 to 3 weeks. At the moment, there is only one island (Port Breeze), but they would like to have maybe 3 islands.

Read more at: http://grancypher.com/2016/05/14/defend-order-advance-play-niconama-news/

ss2016-05-14at08.16.31.jpg
ss2016-05-14at08.14.04.jpg

Rixa

Finally its time to replace MLB Diablo as my party lead summon with MLB Celeste.
Target was Hard Celeste:
Using Superstar normal hits when loaning level 40 Bahamut (100%)
- Without any buffs hits are between 24-27k
- First turn with all buffs / debuffs & Bahamut summoned atk bonus, hits are between 58k- 67k
- With mlb Bahamut 120% same debuffs & buffs in, I did hit 65-74k per hit

Going to keep Diablo as friend summon, no point to switch it to Celeste. I have lot to do with weapon skills. As always the feel of progression \o_.

Gizuko

Grapncypher said:
The Guild War characters (also known as the Eternals) were actually designed to be used together in the same party, so some of them have abilities that activate in the Sub Party, and some have hidden abilities too.

I thought GW characters had been around for a long time, is there any info on this somewhere?

Also, GBF-related forums will probably implode if they end up using the Proto-bahamut summon to further strengthen Bahamut weapons.

Azusa

I thought GW characters had been around for a long time, is there any info on this somewhere?

Also, GBF-related forums will probably implode if they end up using the Proto-bahamut summon to further strengthen Bahamut weapons.

Why? They will just add an option to get it in game.

Grzi

Just when I was starting to think I lind of managed to wrap my head around a lot of stuff in the game, reading that article/interview made me realize I know basically nothing :(

dennism

how do people survive bahamut's skyfall attack? it deals 999,999 damage, 299,999 with phalanx on (70% mitigation), even with 90% mitigation you're still taking 100k damage, is it not possible without 100%?

Mawarup

Neo Member
how do people survive bahamut's skyfall attack? it deals 999,999 damage, 299,999 with phalanx on (70% mitigation), even with 90% mitigation you're still taking 100k damage, is it not possible without 100%?

Yep you need the full 100% so Athena or Dark carbuncle.

Merun

I survive with Titan summon which allow to survive one hit kill and then dual stack heal from Io for recovery.

For Phalanx II, you need to add something like Onyx Carbuncle to reduce dark damage or a reflect.

demidar

I survive with Titan summon which allow to survive one hit kill and then dual stack heal from Io for recovery.

For Phalanx II, you need to add something like Onyx Carbuncle to reduce dark damage or a reflect.

I just take a Kaguya and get a free autorevive.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just pick Athena (you'll get one almost every time) and use it at the 1/4 mark. 99% of the time you'll get a Phalanx or two from someone else in the raid anyway.

Either another summon (dark buncle) or time your turns so you use your 3rd turn after the second Skyfall trigger if it matters to you.

Has there ever been any talk about turning this game into a full fledged console/handheld game? I feel like the plot and characters are sound enough where it could easily happen.

Chaos17

Has there ever been any talk about turning this game into a full fledged console/handheld game? I feel like the plot and characters are sound enough where it could easily happen.

A part of me did think the same.
I don't know about full fledged, though.
Dungeon and Dragon did got a 3DS adaptation.

Ala Alba

I have no more weapons to level at the moment, and way too many exp weapons sitting in my crate. What should I use them for?

Edit: Also, for the event I am getting more green cylinders than blue cylinders (from extremes), should I be doing some lower-level battles for the blue cylinders or something?

My opinion on that will depend on how the anime story will turn out. If the anime cant be written for beans then I have no faith in a console/handheld adaptation being enjoyable.

dennism

I have no more weapons to level at the moment, and way too many exp weapons sitting in my crate. What should I use them for?

Edit: Also, for the event I am getting more green cylinders than blue cylinders (from extremes), should I be doing some lower-level battles for the blue cylinders or something?

i use them on characters (people seem to forget you can do this)

Ala Alba

i use them on characters (people seem to forget you can do this)

Yeah, I know. Feels like a waste, though, but if there's nothing better to do with the weapons...

There is a JP table of how many of each item can drop from each difficulty.

http://gbf-wiki.com/index.php?%A5%A...%C1%B6%F5%B6%EE%A4%B1%A4%EB%B2%B5%BD%F7%A1%C1

e436beb598cd0a60d54bd300bda18fab.png

Basically, 2nd-to-last column from left is blue cylinders, last column from left is dual cylinders.

Thanks, that's helpful.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just want fire weapon drop. I've run it so many times. Only good thing is that I have most of the first three ranks of classes mastered.

Felessan

EX battles are on the easy side, I can kill them with septian burner, white rabbit support summon and bunch of TH chars (I go with Hermit with TH3, Mary. Christie and Yoda to finish off boss). I am at 65 battles and got 2 katanas and gun from drop. Just need to farm a bit more to grab last katana to MLB both and will probably farm some more for merits and than put event to rest and concentrate on omegas.

Gizuko

I'm not quite sold on the Katana TBH, I'm not sure DAup is worth the -7%Hp penalty. I'll probably farm the dark boss until I get my last gun, since it's the only Unkown light weapon available, and use the remaining tokens to get some certs and maybe a couple of katanas.

draw4wild

EX battles are on the easy side, I can kill them with septian burner, white rabbit support summon and bunch of TH chars (I go with Hermit with TH3, Mary. Christie and Yoda to finish off boss). I am at 65 battles and got 2 katanas and gun from drop. Just need to farm a bit more to grab last katana to MLB both and will probably farm some more for merits and than put event to rest and concentrate on omegas.

I've been going as hawkeye with TH3 and TH2. I've done about 100 battles and no drops yet. Might have to start bringing white rabbit or Septian

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Your RNG favors you. I've done more than 65 with no luck. Thankfully the fight is fast and easy, but still. 7 days to go!

Edit: Okay, not sure the maniac is more efficient or not. I can do it, but still no weapon drop. Can only do it a few times per day anyways, I guess.

arevin01

I'm trying to fodder these 2 N summons but they dont seem to show up on the list to fodder. Any clue why? I never equipped them as they are just N.

zCZn5RB.png

Rixa

Come on, just give me one more rusted dagger!

Are there any other bahamut weapons worth getting besides the dagger?

Depends on the race of your party + grid.

Final bonuses:
Dagger: 30% Atk/15% HP to Human/Erun
Axe: 30% Atk/15% HP to Doraf/Harbin
Spear: 30% Atk/15% HP to Erun/Doraf
Gun: 30% Atk/15% HP to Harbin/Human
Sword: 30% Atk/15% HP to Human/Doraf
Staff: 30% Atk/15% HP to Harbin/Erun
Bow: 30% HP/Consecutive Attack Up to Human
Fist: 30% HP/Consecutive Attack Up to Erun
Katana: 30% HP/Consecutive Attack Up to Doraf
Harp: 30% HP/Consecutive Attack Up to Harbin
Bahamut weapons wiki