• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Fire pool's progressing fairly well somehow, finally managed to get a Collo cane drop during this Magfes.

Just need to get those stupid champion merits now so I can upgrade / element change the harp and switch to SS. Hopefully won't take too long, unless Baha decides on being a bully.

ojwUhZb.png

dennism

Fire pool's progressing fairly well, somehow, finally managed to get a Collo cane drop during this Magfes.

Just need to get those stupid champion merits now so I can upgrade / element change the harp and switch to SS. Hopefully won't take too long, unless Baha decides on being a bully.

wow, nice, how long did it take you to get this far?

cress2000

Is it better to exclusively spend renown pendants on light/dark weapons, even if you're still far from completing any of the other weapon pools? Since the drop rate is said to be lower for light/dark weapons. Finally amassed 5k, and thought I'd get some input before spending them...

Azusa

Is it better to exclusively spend renown pendants on light/dark weapons, even if you're still far from completing any of the other weapon pools? Since the drop rate is said to be lower for light/dark weapons. Finally amassed 5k, and thought I'd get some input before spending them...

Improve your main weapon pool first. Yes light/dark is harder to farm but do you really want to buy light or dark for 3 months just to build an initial pool while your main pool will be shit and you will have hard time completing events?

cress2000

Improve your main weapon pool first. Yes light/dark is harder to farm but do you really want to buy light or dark for 3 months just to build an initial pool while your main pool will be shit and you will have hard time completing events?

Thanks, point taken. Used the pendants on the Tiamat guantlets.

garath

Hmmmm I am trying to build a fire team. But I have a good shot at MVPing wind magna raids with it now. Wondering if it's worth it to host wind magna raids for two red chests right now.

Absolutely. You need fodder as much as you need more weapons for your pool. If you can MVP tiamat reliably then do it.

I can solo yggdrasil with my wind party so I do so when I have some spare ap. Got a nice earth dagger fodder yesterday that gave me another skill point for my wind pool.

h0tp0ck3t

I knew better than to pull for the new characters. Here I am thinking my luck would turn around after countless magna runs of trash :/
really starting to hate this game

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Absolutely. You need fodder as much as you need more weapons for your pool. If you can MVP tiamat reliably then do it.

I can solo yggdrasil with my wind party so I do so when I have some spare ap. Got a nice earth dagger fodder yesterday that gave me another skill point for my wind pool.

I also think it's useful to start working on other weapon pools if you can get mvp. Since my main element right now is fire, I've been hosting wind omegas and have a few guns saved up so far. Once I decide to finish my wind team, I'll have a nice head start on the wind weapon pool.

Quonny

Gun is better most of the time, but depending on what you're running, fist can be better.

Let's say your weapons are at +10. Let's just look at raw damage percentages. At 100% health, it's 12% gun vs 15% fist. Once you're at 70% health, gun will do the same damage as fist (14.9% gun vs 15% fist). At 50% health, gun will do quite a bit more damage than fist (18% gun vs 15% fist). And as your health drops, the difference gets massive.

Plus, let's not forget, guns have the highest base attack of any weapon type and fist have the fourth lowest. And we're not even talking about running something like Hawkeye or another class that uses guns so you get that +20% proficiency bonus.

Obviously if you're just rushing MVPs or something, and using a fist weapon class, fist could be best. But you're going to be taking damage, and you're never likely going to be topped off. Gun is especially powerful with characters like Rosetta or someone who needs time to build damage. By the time you're at 5 stacks on Rosetta your team might be at half health and your damage will be enormous.

garath

I didn't think medium boost + small boost as HP decreases would be superior to big boost. That's wrong?

Guns have two advantages. One it has a higher base attack than gloves. Significantly so. Two, the last stand modifier is actually pretty potent and is effectively better than the glove after a loss of about 15% hp. There's a horribly complex chart on the weapon guide about it but that was my takeaway.

That said, I have a glove in my pool. It's inevitable to get some over the course of farming as yaari said and it's not a bad thing to have a max uncapped one in the pool.

Grzi

Decided to do a single pull for the hell of it since I'll have enough crystals for one 10 pull on legfest and this happened:

Not extremely happy since I'm building a water team but hey, it's an SSR, and a new character as well!

commish

Did you actually just whine about getting a new SSR off a single pull?! You realize that the odds of you doing one pull, and getting a water SSR that you wanted, is about 29343 to 1, right?

I think I would take the gold moon over those two characters -- they're both trash. At least the gold moon gives you a grip of AP pots.

You mentioned this before, but I don't think you can actually get AP potions with a golden moon. At least I don't see anything in the store. It's just rupies, xp item, and 2500 points for job shit.

Anyway that's why I am sitting here with 2 gold moons, thinking about what I am even going to do with them. Other than getting more jobs I guess when I unlock them.

Wanchan

Is there a good way to farm for dragon scales? I have too many of every mats but those and I need 30 / each for my baha dagger.

razterik

Taking a break from story/raids and getting into Sakura Taisen since it looks like it won't be translated before event ends. Can finally farm Ex (based Sen/Grande pairing), are the weapon drops spread out across all 3 of them or can I focus on one?

commish

Taking a break from story/raids and getting into Sakura Taisen since it looks like it won't be translated before event ends. Can finally farm Ex (based Sen/Grande pairing), are the weapon drops spread out across all 3 of them or can I focus on one?

Green - fire sword
Brown - both
Black - light gun

And good luck. I got the fire katana drop after many runs, but the gun drop still eludes me.

supposedly:
earth boss: drops both
wind boss: drops fire kanata
dark boss: drops light gun

i wouldn't know, i still haven't gotten any flip chests drop yet and i'm at the point where I can already trade for all the copies of the event weapons at the shop

Wanchan

And good luck. I got the fire katana drop after many runs, but the gun drop still eludes me.

I got 2 guns in like 20 dark boss but no katana on wind boss after so many runs (almost emptied the treasure shop on wind boss runs alone lol)

The RNG in this game is something else.

commish

I know I shouldn't complain, but 3 of my last 4 Colossus raids have given me an SSR drop, which is incredibly lucky, but each time, it's not a weapon I can use :\ Skillups are good though.

Kumubou

You mentioned this before, but I don't think you can actually get AP potions with a golden moon. At least I don't see anything in the store. It's just rupies, xp item, and 2500 points for job shit.
I just looked and yeah, the AP pots are only there for bronze and silver moons. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong -- I blame the Discord server for giving me that thought. :x

Still doesn't make dark Sarunan or Carmelina any more useful, though.

Top Bottom