• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Random question - what does the words in parentheses means in an item description?

For example, for Yuel, her first skill says: Fire DMG to a foe/Boost to double attack rate (Effect enhanced and cooldown cut). What does (Effect enhanced and cooldown cut) mean?

Random question - what does the words in parentheses means in an item description?

For example, for Yuel, her first skill says: Fire DMG to a foe/Boost to double attack rate (Effect enhanced and cooldown cut). What does (Effect enhanced and cooldown cut) mean?

it's the boost from uncapping the unit

for Yuel's example, she gains that after reaching level 55, where her cooldown for the skill drops to 7 turns and the damage ratio goes up to 3.5

you'll also notice the skill has now has a + next to the name, so think of it as an upgraded skill

commish

it's the boost from uncapping the unit

for Yuel's example, she gains that after reaching level 55, where her cooldown for the skill drops to 7 turns and the damage ratio goes up to 3.5

you'll also notice the skill has now has a + next to the name, so think of it as an upgraded skill

*mind blown*

So much makes sense.

Thank you!

commish

how many SR weapon and what skill lv do we need before a magna team is viable? 6 SR weapon with skill lv10?

I wouldn't take your SRs to skill level 10 because you'll be replacing them with SSR. I've read that you should have around +54 from your Omega weapons (SSR omega starts at +6 and goes up +1 with each skill up level, SRs start at +3, etc) before using magna becomes better. You can run the numbers on a damage calculator to see exactly.

how many SR weapon and what skill lv do we need before a magna team is viable? 6 SR weapon with skill lv10?

Don't skill up SR weapons beyond 4 or 5. The highest i've skilled up an SR weapon to is 3 and I felt like that was a mistake.

I need fodders for my new Colossus Canes.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Is there a list anywhere with which R weapons have which skills?

Checking them out individually on the app takes way too long :(

dennism

i had lots of SR weaps, and needed space in my inventory, so i thought why not? dont think i will get a SSR levi dagger anytime soon either lol. but i think ill get a stash, to store all those SR for future SSR weap.

you can sort them by skill level (lowest), if you do that below the weapon icon will tell you which weap has a skill and which dont (those that do will have skill lv.x and an element icon)

Ultimadrago

Every time I look at the mats needed for a GW character, I just want to put that GW character on the back burner. It's going to take months and months of farming, and while I'm sure the GW characters are good, I'm not sure it's worth 3 months of boring farming the same stages over and over again. I'd rather farm different stages over and over again :p

Yeah, at first I thought I was for sure rooting for one, but now I'm like "Meh, not sure if I care to do all that." I still give props to people that complete the journey, as it shows dedication.

Maybe if I'm still playing 5-6 months later, I'll see the need for it, but for now I just don't care. I'm still really enjoying the game overall, that said. It's the best gacha game I've played by far and away.

Liseda

MKCUTAj.png

lol

i'm ashamed to admit that i'm totally bummed that i would not be able to pick these up

Verelios

Holy, taito event just kicked my ass. I was so disproportionately matched I barely won the first round of Maniac before saying 'NOPE'

Ultimadrago

MKCUTAj.png

lol

i'm ashamed to admit that i'm totally bummed that i would not be able to pick these up

I'm just bummed that they didn't make proper ones! Danua and Cagliostro are two of the best designs in GBF's universe. I hope they have good figures in the future or something.

dennism

cagliostro kinda looks weird lol, wouldnt mind the danua pillow..

anyway, just as i said i wouldnt get the levi dagger anytime soon, i actually got one!

rOlhcPv.png

it was from my best run as well, got him to about 60% before i called for backup, got about 90k honors from that run.. feels good

chrono01

Okay boys listen up

As you might know already, the next Guild Wars (Water bosses) is coming up soon (23rd), because of this I'd like to give a word about our plans and current status.

First of all, the four NeoGAF guilds are in this awkward position where good players are spread over all the guilds, this basically lowers the chances of one guild qualifying.

Since all of us are relatively new, we decided last night that we want to avoid taking any chances this month, which means that the plan is to gather all the strong players in one guild (GAFCypher). After all, one guild qualifying is better than no guilds qualifying.

To get to business, GAFCypher wants to qualify this time, we'll need to be one of the top 2400 after the first day of the event. With the general cutoff point being around the 250.000.000 mark, we decided that aiming for 300 million points will be our target. So 10 million points per player

---------------

To keep it short:

Our goal this Guild Wars
- We want to qualify

How will we do this:
- Every player needs to get at least 10 million points

--------

The general strategy is to kill the Extreme boss, it drops around 0.5 million points so you'll only have to kill 20 of them to do your part. Killing the easier variant of the boss will also give a bunch of points, but it will require a lot more time and resources to reach the requirement. If you have some EP to spare you can also team up with someone else in Discord and try to gain your points that way.

---------

So you might have already gotten the feeling while reading this, but not everyone will be able to achieve his share, while it's rough, we will have to do some roster changes to make everything work out.

What should you do right now

1) If you're in GAFCypher and are confident that you'll have the Time(!) and ability to get 10M points, please let me know.

2) If you're in GAFCypher and already know that you won't be able to get the points, also let me know (you can do it via PM if you want to)

3) If you are not in GAFCypher and think you can get 10M points and want to help us out, also let me know.

Based on the responses I get here and in Discord I'll try to optimise our squad. If you're a GAFCypher member please give at least some sort of reply, because if I have no insight in what your plans are, I might just look for a safer bet.

At the end of the day, nobody here will blame you if you can't do the GW, so you don't have to feel bad, it's just a game after all.

Any comments or advice are appreciated~
I don't have any teams that can counter water bosses (yet, working on them though!), so I'm not entirely sure how the Extreme boss will treat me. That being said, dark is a neutral type, so at least I won't be weak to them. As for time, I have no problem whatsoever, burning AP potions and sinking in some evening(s) grinding bosses out. Hell, I kind of enjoy it. I'm not sure how much I accrued last time, but it was a decent amount (from what I recall).

Regardless, if we're aiming for the qualification this time, I will put in some OT if I need to. It'd be nice to at least LB my Bahamut once, just to go beyond the standard Level 40 cap. :/

Felessan

If you want to separate weapons that will be exp fodder from weapons that will be skill fodder - there are Skill/No Skill choices in filter menu.
Just check No Skills and feed all weapons that shown freely for exp.

commish

What's the best way to maximize renown points? I do hard raids with an R/SR on my team, but the points are still pretty low (usually add up to 12 or so combined). Is that the most you can get, and I just need to farm more?

Quonny

What's the best way to maximize renown points? I do hard raids with an R/SR on my team, but the points are still pretty low (usually add up to 12 or so combined). Is that the most you can get, and I just need to farm more?

Yup. Although hosting Omegas gives you a good chunk.

Gren

I wish they'd translate the Sakura Wars content already. I wanna read their fate eps. Plus, I dunno how Erica's heal works; half the time it restores zero HP.

Merun

I wish they'd translate the Sakura Wars content already. I wanna read their fate eps. Plus, I dunno how Erica's heal works; half the time it restores zero HP.

Heh? Are you healing full health characters? Because that's the only way I get 0 HP heal o_O

MicH

So far today I've gotten two SSRs from Colossus: the fist and gun. How typical :p Well, two guns is probably not all bad for the extra HP

commish

So far today I've gotten two SSRs from Colossus: the fist and gun. How typical :p Well, two guns is probably not all bad for the extra HP

Don't bother. Use MLB SRs until you get some staves. You'll have enough HP as fire because of the staff.

The fist and gun are great for skilling up fodder though :)

SpoonyGundam

Neo Member
Any of the four guilds here still have room? I dunno if my team's strong enough to help the main guild with the GW event (Earth element team, but only rank 45 and 22k power), but I wouldn't mind getting in some guild regardless.

Gizuko

I couldn't reply earlier, but thank you everyone for the ideas - specially for pointing out that the fully upgraded Bahamut dagger covers Erunes, I had completely forgotten lol (I'm still not sure about him, though, considering how useful water harvins are).

I still haven't made up my mind, but I think I have narrowed down the options. Still, since I won't get the 4 copies this time around, I'm going to think it for a bit longer. Will probably go with either dagger or spear in any case.

Gren

Gaddamit, spent awful amounts of time leeching Luminiera Omega raids for the anima, fought one Adversa battle & got the last one needed to 3-star Albert. I should just trust this game's descriptions. On the bright side, got a couple SSR Luminiera weaps as well as the summon itself.

Gizuko

I thought it was 20% damage for slvl 1.

It is, but since the multiplier isn't applied to the total stats but is included (added) under the [normal weapons] multiplier instead, the increase isn't that big.

I wouldn't say it's that small unless very specific conditions are met, though.

Hmmmm I am trying to build a fire team. But I have a good shot at MVPing wind magna raids with it now. Wondering if it's worth it to host wind magna raids for two red chests right now.

Would you guys say it's futile trying to get a Light gun from the event as a drop on Very Hard? I can't consistently beat Extreme. Anyone know the drop rates?

Verelios

Would you guys say it's futile trying to get a Light gun from the event as a drop on Very Hard? I can't consistently beat Extreme. Anyone know the drop rates?
Very bad. I'd say 1/30 if you're lucky but you could also be very unlucky. I got my first one on my 40th quest or so but my Katana on my 5th. Rates are wacky.

Top Bottom