• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

(I kinda 'did' last GW by just farming the VH eye till I got one GW weapon then bailed after that, struggle is real)

yeah, i did that last gw and that'll probably be my end goal this gw too lol

though i'm probably aiming to at least get 300k points in the prelims to get some more medals

MicH

I can solo the VH eye so that's not completely terrible (while using potions), so that's probably just what I'm gonna do

So being new to the game (2-3 weeks) I was reading up and apparently you can still participate in GW by playing the event, you just wont be ranked which is interesting.

My party is all primarily wind based right now (Anchira, Korba, Sakura) with my payout being mostly Tia Omega weapons at the moment. 2 SSR guns, 1 SSR Lance, 1SSR fist, and the rest are maxed our SR Tia weapons.

Anyway, looking at this I didn't even realize we could begin working on characters now. Should we be building based on the main teams we are running, or should we really take the advice that the thread is saying by building just who we like as it gives you a "goal" to work towards?

Quite frankly all the characters sound amazing but Siete, Niobium, and Esser seem like very strong contenders for a wind based team.

Uthred

May have over-estimated my earth pool, decided to spend valor on a new earth sword as opposed to a dark axe (as I've have more luck with Celeste than Ygg so far). The new ability to roll 100 tickets at once for GW is nice.

Saprol

Is this game ever coming to the US appstore?

h6Vph1U.png

it's technically a browser game so that's about as accessible as it'll get without literally appearing in western markets. your options are:

jp itunes account / download it through qooapp on android / go to http://gbf.game.mbga.jp on your phone's browser / play it on desktop chrome with the dev tools mobile emulation

Gizuko

I think I'm going to pick dagger AND farm Quattre (heat must be getting to my head).

I think I don't need to rely on Yoda any more, so once I get the Bahamut dagger I can finally put both Altair and Katalina in the main party.

I'd be missing an attacker though, and I hope Quattre can fill that slot once I get him (Lancelot is probably a better fit, but he is gacha only) through the extra stats he'd get from Levi daggers. With this, I'd be able to play Superstar and let Altair/Quattre debuff and stall for me while I strengthen Katalina's heal.

Seems like a decent long term goal, albeit not an ideal one.

Is this game ever coming to the US appstore?

Probably not. You don't need the app to play though, it's mostly a browser in disguise.

Is there a hard damage cap on ougi/C.A?

I think there is a water summon that increases the C.A. cap, but I can't find it. I think it's a hard cap, too, but I'm not sure at all about that.

uncap a character up to 4 stars
level them up to level 70/80 (if 4 or 5 star)
do a new fate quest
uncap them one more time afterwards with a crazy amount of materials and gold needed

only some characters have this, siegfried is the newest one to gotten it (and thank goodness, he really needed the buff)

----------------------------------------------

I uh, wasn't aware guild wars started already
man, this ruins my plan of actually taking advantage of the half ap event for once

Oh wow, I hope Stan and Albert have it.

I dont know about guild free spaces. But since its guild wars now, you cant enter nor you cant leave guild before GW ends.

you can still join guilds, just whatever you did on the raids on the day you join doesn't count towards the guild

you can't leave guilds at all during guild wars though

Can Rank >100 people stop getting in raids and falling asleep :( its like they do one hit, request backup and you never see them attack again, I had to carry an entire raid for 20 minutes alone cause they just sat there doing nothing, Im only rank 43 even ;(

Velinos

Finished up the Sakura event with two swords and two guns, no drops from VH Kamui. Was mostly farming VH Earth Kamui hoping for a sword drop, but on the last day I realized that I should have been fighting dark Kamui. I did not realize how much harder you hit when you have a light weapon equipped and half your pool is light. Oh well, live and learn.

Also grabbed Yoda as my beginner ticket SSR. Still trying to figure out how to use him. Do most people just play the game and let teams for each color develop naturally from the characters you pick up over the course of the main quest and from events? Also is the way to get the SSR's for your team just to do 10 pull draws during legfest and hope you get one you want?

Grzi

I have a guild. Just me and two Japanese players in it lmao. If you guys are interested I can add you. It's better than nothing, you'll get a free green potion and 20% Ougi meter at the beginning of every fight at least.

Squishy3

Thought I could solo the hard boss battle with a level 1 job, I thought wrong. Granted, it's been so long since I did anything but leech from raids I forgot you get potions in raid battles. :p

Edit: Thanks a lot

I have a guild. Just me and two Japanese players in it lmao. If you guys are interested I can add you. It's better than nothing, you'll get a free green potion and 20% Ougi meter at the beginning of every fight at least.
Lol sure, my ID is 10709987

Edit: nvm I'm stuck in my one-person crew till GW is over lol

If you don't already have a summon with a good +Earth ATK aura, Vohu Manah is worth farming for one copy while the window is still open. Helpful for the current GW.

chrono01

I don't know why, but I'm not getting the crystal summon animation when I use my tokens during the "Unite and Fight" event. The box isn't checked to skip the animation, but it still goes directly to the results screen. I enjoy waiting for the rainbow crystal to show up, so I like seeing the animation. :(

I don't know why, but I'm not getting the crystal summon animation when I use my tokens during the "Unite and Fight" event. The box isn't checked to skip the animation, but it still goes directly to the results screen. I enjoy waiting for the rainbow crystal to show up, so I like seeing the animation. :(

are you doing the 50 or 100 pull?

it might be that they skip the crystal summon in that option

though, dunno if it will still show the rainbow crystal if you do pull the gw weapon (of course, i haven't been lucky to get an early pull)

cress2000

In my experience, it will still show the animation if you pull SSR whether animation skip is enabled or not. It's skipping animations for me in general, but it still showed when I pulled the dagger earlier.

chrono01

are you doing the 50 or 100 pull?

it might be that they skip the crystal summon in that option

though, dunno if it will still show the rainbow crystal if you do pull the gw weapon (of course, i haven't been lucky to get an early pull)
I tried all of the options, even the single pull. No summoning animation. :(

It's a recent change to reduce server load.

ff2a6efef24019d78a72b085ea78a328.png
Oh, gotcha. That explains things, thanks!

ah_hia

It will only show the animation when you get ssr crystal.
Out of curiosity, how are the gaf guilds doing at this guild war?

chrono01

Out of curiosity, how are the gaf guilds doing at this guild war?
GAFCypher just hit #70. I'm going to keep at the grind!

Oh, the Famitsu ten-pull tickets are now out. Any use saving these for a LegendFes, or is that not possible? Not sure, as some of them are only valid for a set time.

Felessan

10 draw ticket has no expiration date or any other limitation, but it is not limited gacha ticket. Rather it is drawn in "Other" gacha - i.e. not affected by rates unfortunately.

Top Bottom