• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

The only way you can pick an SSR is via the Start Dash (which you can only use once) and via a Surprise Gacha Titcket (which pop up from time to time, theres a second anniversary one at the moment). However you can buy (what I think is called) a Star Gacha (its the current banner with the big "SSR blah blah W blah blah 10 blah" on it), a Star Gacha is a ten roll which has one guaranteed SSR result. Obviously its worse than a Surprise Gacha because a) a surprise gacha gives you a selection ticket for an SSR and a 10 pull you can save for a legend fest and b) the SSR you get is random. Probably only worth it if youre going to whale/throw money at the game.
Yeah I noticed there were two Anniversary 2 things...I was under the impression that the one showing costume changes was the crystal ticket and a costume ticket? Because I know the one I bought earlier gave me the crystal ticket and an option to choose my own SSR. So is the second Anniversary gatcha a costume ticket and crystal pull? Or another choose your own SSR and a another crystal pull.

Yeah I noticed there were two Anniversary 2 things...I was under the impression that the one showing costume changes was the crystal ticket and a costume ticket? Because I know the one I bought earlier gave me the crystal ticket and an option to choose my own SSR. So is the second Anniversary gatcha a costume ticket and crystal pull? Or another choose your own SSR and a another crystal pull.

Surprise tickets, start dash, skins all come with a 10-roll ticket to use on the gacha in addition to whatever you bought. Star legends/star gacha/star legends W etc are all some kind of modified 10-pull.

Ah okay, I think I'll wait for the next surprise ticket to pop up. So is the starter dash ONLY available your first 7 days or so I have a chance of buying it later?

Any tips for the mimic boss in this new event? I can always get him down to a little less than 1/4 HP and then he just one hit kills everyone

Yaari

Ah okay, I think I'll wait for the next surprise ticket to pop up. So is the starter dash ONLY available your first 7 days or so I have a chance of buying it later?

Any tips for the mimic boss in this new event? I can always get him down to a little less than 1/4 HP and then he just one hit kills everyone

It comes back every month after the creation of your account, so lets say you started playing today, the Starter Dash would be back on April 14.

As for Mimic, no idea. He hits like a truck and it gets worse every difficulty you jump, so you just need to take him out asap.

Start Dash comes back one month after you start for the life of your account till you buy it.

For the mimic, you just have to blow stuff on it. See if you can spare a few extra nukes on him or maybe use a delay if possible and hope it sticks to buy another turn.

kiryogi

Banned
So the new idols are pretty good for poverty play :O

Airis stripping gives some great buffs plus she has a group heal too. Near ssr performance for an SR!

Meanwhile Sachiko is a good poverty tank, but no damage XD.

Take note new players, and acquire them!

So the new idols are pretty good for poverty play :O

Airis stripping gives some great buffs plus she has a group heal too. Near ssr performance for an SR!

Meanwhile Sachiko is a good poverty tank, but no damage XD.

Take note new players, and acquire them!

Airi, for a defender, does a lot of damage. The charm nuke and heal are super nice to have on hand to help out as well.

Sachiko is fun to have around just for her critical hp pose.

kiryogi

Banned
https://twitter.com/southro_p/status/709291814834933760

English names found in code and more

One step closer.... But I don't like what I see. wtf localized this.

At least on GW names.

Other stuff Azusa found

Katalina description :

,"comment_en":"Lyria's bodyguard, and a girl with a mysterious past. She has let fly a banner of rebellion against the Empire, and is by turns Lyria's loyal retainer and her loving older sister."

Vampy description (now named Vania

"comment_en":"This young princess of the night now dances freely through the bright blue sky, a broad grin plastered on her face. Her capriciousness causes a lot of trouble for those around her. Still, her innocence warms the hearts of her comrades, unraveling the ancient chains that bind her people."

"name_en":"Cagliostro"
"comment_en":"This supreme genius and pioneer of alchemy transcended time by making herself into an immaterial being. Awakened from her age-old seal, she is now re-enlightening the world according to her own whims."

The tweet is already gone. :(

edit: lol, rerolling is fine and all but I found out I really need to disable email notifications from mobage because they're a mail spammy bunch. Guess I'll have to throw that into my reroll cycle as well. If they were going to allow salted email, they could have at least not send an individual mail per salted account.

Azusa

Main story, Fates and some Events are translated and can be found in JSON together with other data. I have checked all 2016 events but no translation, only "dummy".

from New Year event:
"charcter1_name_en":"Anila","detail_en":"Heeheehee! Take a gander at the hustle and bustle of the New Year's crowd!"
"charcter1_name_en":"Anila","detail_en":"Neoazu, are your preparations for the coming celebrations complete?"
"charcter1_name_en":"Anila","detail_en":"What? You've yet to do anything? Whatever am I going to do with you? Very well, come with me."
"charcter1_name_en":"Anila","detail_en":"Don't worry, I'm forever doing this for my brothers and sisters, so I'm used to it."
"charcter1_name_en":"Anila","detail_en":"You're so flighty, I'd be worried you'd end up hurting yourself if I left you alone."

White day event:
"Anila","detail_en":"Hm? You got me something for White Day? "
"Anila","detail_en":"Heheheh... It was hardly necessary for you to do such a thing. "
"Anila","detail_en":"I-Is this... an assortment of high class sweet jellies?! W-When did you pick these up? "
"Anila","detail_en":"Gulp... Is... is it really okay for me to accept this?"

garath

Any reason to keep the R summons or just use them as fodder for my SSR leveling? Unlike weapons, it seems pretty hard to come by summon level fodder

Niwa

I just started and pulled a Jeanne D'arc is she worth it or should I reroll? :eek: Even though Rerolling would be a bit of a drag..

I just started and pulled a Jeanne D'arc is she worth it or should I reroll? :eek: Even though Rerolling would be a bit of a drag..

Jeanne is top tier light, congrats and just start playing.

If you want an invite in the GAF guild complete chapter 4 of the story and share your ID.

Azusa

Any reason to keep the R summons or just use them as fodder for my SSR leveling? Unlike weapons, it seems pretty hard to come by summon level fodder

Only 3 SR summons are relevant (white rabbit, mushroom girl and carbuncles). All other SR and R are fodder.

She is top tier. Bought a surprise ticket few days ago just to get her.

Started too .. got Yoda Jeann and Metera.

Want to join the fray. Where do i see my ID ? (im past chapter 4)

Edit:
Found it
ID : 9732048

Started too .. got Yoda Jeann and Metera.

Want to join the fray. Where do i see my ID ? (im past chapter 4)

Edit:
Found it
ID : 9732048

Invited you, i'm not sure but it should appear in your mailbox, we're GAFCypher.

ID's are getting close to 10 million, seems good.

Everyone can join the GAF Discord btw, great if you want to ask a bunch of small questions, (or brag about SSR fire axe drops).

i have a pretty good idea already what i do. I think i'm too low for the event.

I can kill the very hard boss easy but i cant do the boss with the 30 rank cap. (23 sadly)

all chars already max lvl.

I upgraded Yoda, Jeanne and Met already once.
Should i upgrade my SRs too or wait for SSR drops ?

After 17 rerolls I ended up with SSR Claris, who looks like she's pretty good, so I can actually start playing now.

Do you still get 2 tickets?
One from Town (click in right order) and other from clearing tutorial?

Yeah, plus right now you get a third from the Anniversary event.

Uthred

i have a pretty good idea already what i do. I think i'm too low for the event.

I can kill the very hard boss easy but i cant do the boss with the 30 rank cap. (23 sadly)

all chars already max lvl.

I upgraded Yoda, Jeanne and Met already once.
Should i upgrade my SRs too or wait for SSR drops ?

It's worth upgrading SR's to fill out your teams, for the early and mid game the better SR's are solid units. Also unless you are very lucky or spending lots of money you wont be getting SSR's that quickly so upgrading them is a necessity. If you have a lot of SR's you can check the tierlist of them to see which ones are worth investing in.

For people who have just started and are having trouble with the event it might be advisable to buy certificates (the scrolls with silver and gold seals) as theyre needed to upgrade your SR's and SSR's and can be tough to come by early on.

Yaari

After 17 rerolls I ended up with SSR Claris, who looks like she's pretty good, so I can actually start playing now.

Yeah, plus right now you get a third from the Anniversary event.

I think you can make a pretty incredible team if you are willing to buy those tickets too. In the discord chat everyone wanted Claris.

For people who have just started and are having trouble with the event it might be advisable to buy certificates (the scrolls with silver and gold seals) as theyre needed to upgrade your SR's and SSR's and can be tough to come by early on.

out of curiosity, i assume the certificates are better used on weapons and summons than characters since i assume it's harder to get multiple copies of a weapon or summon than compared to farming mats for characters right?

Azusa

out of curiosity, i assume the certificates are better used on weapons and summons than characters since i assume it's harder to get multiple copies of a weapon or summon than compared to farming mats for characters right?

No. To limit break a weapon/summon you need the same copy. To limit break a character you need a set of different materials where silver certificates for SR and gold certificates for SSR. You need 3 certificates for the last limit break.

No. To limit break a weapon/summon you need the same copy. To limit break a character you need a set of different material where silver certificates for SR and gold certificates for SSR.

so certificates are part of the set of materials you need to limit break them? (hasn't reached that high yet in a character)

I think you're confusing certificates with something else.
Silver and Gold certs are another mats used to upgrade SR/SSR characters from 2*>3*>4*.

Rixa

The feeling of progression. I now "only" need better own lead summon, my lvl 60 crab is crap. Chain 4 damage and next pic is tension lvl 3 (Idol girls rock) damage by Vaseraga. My personal Grim Reaper <3
GBFBurnnnnn.PNG
GBFTension3.PNG

Azusa

SR character limit break (fire). Left number is my mats/right is required number.

0 - > 1 star
Nt0AwNI.png

1 - > 2 star
MkiSD0J.png

2 - > 3 star
8QcBAhO.png

3 - > 4 star
pvzUKNB.png

Same number of materials for other elements.
Number below mats is gold required.

chrono01

Okay, I just purchased a 5,000 Mobage card from precamo for the Surprise Ticket. I don't have an SSR yet, thanks to re-rolling and keeping that SSR Bahamut account, so I was thinking of choosing a nice dark-type to get my dark-team going (I'll grab Katarina next month with my Start Dash ticket, so my other element team is already planned).

I've read that Vampy is more of a buff/support character, so she might not be wise for my only SSR choice. Should I instead go with Vira or Narumea? I've heard you essentially go with one or the other (not both), so I'm not sure who to choose. I like the art more for Vira, but if Narumea is the better unit/attacker, I'll go with her.

Uthred

Okay, I just purchased a 5,000 Mobage card from precamo for the Surprise Ticket. I don't have an SSR yet, thanks to re-rolling and keeping that SSR Bahamut account, so I was thinking of choosing a nice dark-type to get my dark-team going (I'll grab Katarina next month with my Start Dash ticket, so my other element team is already planned).

I've read that Vampy is more of a buff/support character, so she might not be wise for my only SSR choice. Should I instead go with Vira or Narumea? I've heard you essentially go with one or the other (not both), so I'm not sure who to choose. I like the art more for Vira, but if Narumea is the better unit/attacker, I'll go with her.

Vampy is such a core part of any Dark team that honestly I'd be tempted to just go with her, unless you're planning to get a surprise ticket later or leave it to luck. I think Naru has a slight edge over Vira at more or less all stages of the game, so of the two I'd say go with her.

chrono01

Vampy is such a core part of any Dark team that honestly I'd be tempted to just go with her, unless you're planning to get a surprise ticket later or leave it to luck. I think Naru has a slight edge over Vira at more or less all stages of the game, so of the two I'd say go with her.
Thanks, I might take your advice.

If Vampy is as important as you say, I guess I could choose her first, and then fill in the other spots with any other dark units I get along the way. Obviously I'll try for the dark tier ones (such as Naru/Vira), and will choose those when a Surprise Ticket next presents itself, but from what I understand Vampy should be fine to at least carry me until then?

Edit: I went with my gut and chose Narumea. Apparently she's super-powerful paired with Bahamut, even without additional outside buffs. I'll choose Vampy with Surprise Ticket number two during the third Anniversary, and well before the English version gets released.

I'm being sarcastic as to the release date of the English version. Maybe. Please let it be soon!

Anyway, I'm free to join the guild if there are still spots. I won't be playing until the English version hits, though.

Edit #2: I just realized I have no idea where my ID is located.

garath

Thanks, I might take your advice.

If Vampy is as important as you say, I guess I could choose her first, and then fill in the other spots with any other dark units I get along the way. Obviously I'll try for the dark tier ones (such as Naru/Vira), and will choose those when a Surprise Ticket next presents itself, but from what I understand Vampy should be fine to at least carry me until then?

Edit: I went with my gut and chose Narumea. Apparently she's super-powerful paired with Bahamut, even without additional outside buffs. I'll choose Vampy with Surprise Ticket number two during the third Anniversary, and well before the English version gets released.

I'm being sarcastic as to the release date of the English version. Maybe. Please let it be soon!

Anyway, I'm free to join the guild if there are still spots. I won't be playing until the English version hits, though.

Edit #2: I just realized I have no idea where my ID is located.

If you scroll down "my page" to status and click on the little button next to your name, that's your profile and has your ID pretty prominently.

klez

Spent a day rerolling and sattled on SSR Yuel. I should save the free tickets and that 2nd day weapon ticket for legendfest right?

Spent a day rerolling and sattled on SSR Yuel. I should save the free tickets and that 2nd day weapon ticket for legendfest right?

From what I understand, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, is that tickets that show up on the rupee gacha side are unaffected by any current legfest/rateup/promotion.

Also Yuel fistbump!

Top Bottom