• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Uthred

So, concerning this Idolm@ster collaboration, where do I go to play it and is it difficult? I haven't been playing (been waiting for that English release!) but I'd love to grab at least one of the units.

You can play it in browser (use the link from the Campaign option in Granblue) or sideload the app, it is not difficult, its really mindless muck (click one button until stamina runs out, repeat). Someone posted a handy basic guide to what you need to do in the general mobage thread.

chrono01

You can play it in browser (use the link from the Campaign option in Granblue) or sideload the app, it is not difficult, its really mindless muck (click one button until stamina runs out, repeat). Someone posted a handy basic guide to what you need to do in the general mobage thread.
Oh, I need to play the actual Idolm@ster game to get them? How does that work then, is it tied to your Mobage account and then you receive it in Granblue Fantasy or something? I'll look up that URL you described!

BTW, I didn't know you could get SSR units form the Anniversary summon. I thought it was only SR and below. I just used up my seven crystals, and got a Satan (SSR Summon) and La Fie (SSR Light) out of it! From what I can see, La Fie is nothing special (unless I'm missing something?), but it's another SSR anyway. :)

Uthred

Oh, I need to play the actual Idolm@ster game to get them? How does that work then, is it tied to your Mobage account and then you receive it in Granblue Fantasy or something? I'll look up that URL you described!

Yes you need to play it, to level 39 at least (might as well go to 40 as that nets you some other stuff). All the games are tied to the one Mobage account so if you launch it from the Campaign option in Granblue you'll automatically be signed in. Details on how to get each Idol summon are here - http://xiei.moe/games/granblue-fantasy/granblue-radiance-the-5th-cinderella-girls-collaboration-event/

BTW, I didn't know you could get SSR units form the Anniversary summon. I thought it was only SR and below. I just used up my seven crystals, and got a Satan (SSR Summon) and La Fie (SSR Light) out of it! From what I can see, La Fie is nothing special (unless I'm missing something?), but it's another SSR anyway. :)

Oh cool, all I've gotten is characterless R rubbish. La Fie is fairly average I believe, though IIRC she might be useful for some HL stuff.

chrono01

Yes you need to play it, to level 39 at least (might as well go to 40 as that nets you some other stuff). All the games are tied to the one Mobage account so if you launch it from the Campaign option in Granblue you'll automatically be signed in. Details on how to get each Idol summon are here - http://xiei.moe/games/granblue-fantasy/granblue-radiance-the-5th-cinderella-girls-collaboration-event/

Oh cool, all I've gotten is characterless R rubbish. La Fie is fairly average I believe, though IIRC she might be useful for some HL stuff.
Thanks, appreciate it!

nesteaplunger

Neo Member
Is it safe to just sell all the normal weapons you get from running the story mode? Also, how long do items stay in the "expiring gifts" tab for?

Ryoukai

Is it safe to just sell all the normal weapons you get from running the story mode? Also, how long do items stay in the "expiring gifts" tab for?
Normal weapons are useless. Either use them as fodder or sell them. For the gifts it depends when you received the item, but it's usually 3 days before it expires.

dennism

hi guys, since we're not getting a global release, and the client is updated to english instead.. when would be a good time to jump in?

Rixa

I finally got something else from anniversary gacha than R weapons. Tix gave sr (hp) weapon & Rosamia.

According to sr tier list there is some synergy with Jeanne and well Jeanne can replace them. Atleast I have light team (without subs) if I need one in the future: Jeanne / Arusha / Rosamia, Apollon as light summon.

GBFJeanne.PNG
GBFArusha.PNG
GBFRozamia.PNG

kiryogi

Banned
hi guys, since we're not getting a global release, and the client is updated to english instead.. when would be a good time to jump in?

Now! TBH, any time really. But the fact of the matter is, the more time you spend in this game, the more you get out of it. I say it again, the nickname of the game is Grindblue Fantasy. Better to start now and prep yourself for events, especially since we have a Guild War coming up.

Yaari

Yeah its not really that difficult to figure out. Even if you can just click yourself through the chapter quests, its a nice headstart.

chrono01

If anyone still having doubts.

Granblue won't have global release. It is a Japan Exclusive. Confirmed on new English version of Cygames official website:

GA7Zb81.png
I'm okay with this, just give me that translation!

I wonder if that means it won't show up on our app store (I'm guessing it means it won't). I might have to create and manage a Japanese Apple account to have the app on my phone, but honestly...I might just download the Chrome browser and play it through that. It works great on the PC, although I've been using the Chrome app lately for quick/easy access.

Granblue won't have global release. It is a Japan Exclusive. Confirmed on new English version of Cygames official website:

That's perfectly fine by me, I'm not hindered at all by it only being available on the JP app store. Just give me that English translation!

I'm still not really sure what I'm doing, but I've been having fun just doing the main campaign and some of the free questing in those chapters. I don't think I'll bother with the idolmaster thing that's going on right now, maybe the next event I'll jump in.
765>>>346

desverger

I'm okay with this, just give me that translation!

I wonder if that means it won't show up on our app store (I'm guessing it means it won't). I might have to create and manage a Japanese Apple account to have the app on my phone, but honestly...I might just download the Chrome browser and play it through that. It works great on the PC, although I've been using the Chrome app lately for quick/easy access.

Tbh I don't see a point in the app. It's just running the website in it anyway, with worse performance than Chrome. Just use Chrome in your phone as well - no need to mess around with App Store accounts either.

Ryoukai

Interesting, for some reason I expected it to be released outside of the Japanese App Store in order to attract more people in. Maybe it's because to avoid copyright issues?

chrono01

Tbh I don't see a point in the app. It's just running the website in it anyway, with worse performance than Chrome. Just use Chrome in your phone as well - no need to mess around with App Store accounts either.
Yeah, this is probably what I'll do. If I want one-slick access, I'll just add a bookmark for it, haha.

But still, that translation is needed!

Interesting, for some reason I expected it to be released outside of the Japanese App Store in order to attract more people in. Maybe it's because to avoid copyright issues?

They can't officially release it in other territories because of a few things, main one being how often they do crossover events and collabs and that crossing paths with other copyright holders. Adding on to that, they'd have to put a lot of resources into limiting the players from other regions to keep the holders happy but keep the players on the same server with everyone else. Just a shitty situation all around for everyone.

Never mind whatever hoops they'd need to jump around for payments and support staff.

kiryogi

Banned

App runs better for me than the browser. I'm on a Galaxy Note 5. Browser I end up with loading issues haha.

Gizuko

TBH I'd gladly take a quick UI translation and let them work on the rest one step at a time.

I don't really care wether I can download the app from my country's store or have to go through some hoops for it - although this will hurt the game a bit, in terms of reaching the mass market.

chrono01

I have a quick question.

I have an SSR sword. Why can't I equip my hero with it as his main weapon? I can only put it in my sub-weapons. :(

Also, I assume there's no way to change your leader? Is it always the named MC?

Yaari

I have a quick question.

I have an SSR sword. Why can't I equip my hero with it as his main weapon? I can only put it in my sub-weapons. :(

Your MC probably can't use this sword. It might be a dagger (or 2h sword, if thats a thing in this game)? I don't know. That's the most likely issue here. (Your MC not being able to use it).

And yeah there's always the MC. I didn't like thatm uch at first either, but when you realize how many jobs there are, its actually pretty cool.

I have a quick question.

Different jobs can only equip certain weapons. You have 2 that each job can equip.

chrono01

Your MC probably can't use this sword. It might be a dagger (or 2h sword, if thats a thing in this game)? I don't know. That's the most likely issue here. (Your MC not being able to use it).

And yeah there's always the MC. I didn't like thatm uch at first either, but when you realize how many jobs there are, its actually pretty cool.

Different jobs can only equip certain weapons. You have 2 that each job can equip.
Oh, thanks you two. That makes sense!

Quonny

TBH I'd gladly take a quick UI translation and let them work on the rest one step at a time.
This. So much this. I don't really care about any story stuff but the UI is what's stopping me from playing. I can't be bothered to look up a guide on the basics. It's not worth my time or energy.

I just want the damn thing in English already.

chrono01

This. So much this. I don't really care about any story stuff but the UI is what's stopping me from playing. I can't be bothered to look up a guide on the basics. It's not worth my time or energy.

Not me, I need the story. So much of this is voiced, and professionally done. I need to fully grasp everything that's happening.

But, I guess if I had to take a quick UI translation and the rest to follow later, I'd be okay with that. Having to resort to translation guides anytime I need something done isn't exactly fun. I'm loving the actual game portion of it, so there's that!

garath

GA7Zb81.png

Well that's a little disappointing. Mainly means you won't get any support outside if the country in case things go amiss. We'll just have to continue to sideload and use the browser version I guess.

Azusa

Almost all story are translated and we can find it in game data. I hope English is soon. I started to read some story chapters but it's so annoying to extract English text every time.

That's the one!

Katana's are considerd as a different weapon sort. Just check if the icon of the weapon (should be on the weapons info page) matches up with the icons displayed above your main weapon in your weapon pool.

I think Samurai and Ninja use katanas, not 100% sure though.

Rinさとり;198451998 said:
What is the point of localizing it into English if its exclusive to Japan lol

To keep/attract more of the SEA/English crowd while side stepping the problems with localizing events/collabs with region rights holders.

Rinさとり;198451998 said:
What is the point of localizing it into English if its exclusive to Japan lol

It's really easy to access it by just playing it within Chrome, so it being exclusive to Japan isn't that big a hurdle for people outside of Japan who want to play it.

garath

It's really easy to access it by just playing it within Chrome, so it being exclusive to Japan isn't that big a hurdle for people outside of Japan who want to play it.

Yeah. My only concern will be the hurdles for spending money on it. But thus far that doesn't seem to be a big issue so I think that's OK.

I'm in the EU and could just pay via Pay-Pall to avoided having to use a credit card.

As long as they'll get some English speaking support staff I'll be content.

I'm in the EU and could just pay via Pay-Pall to avoided having to use a credit card.

As long as they'll get some English speaking support staff I'll be content.

I didn't see a paypal option when I checked out the mobage coin bundles, where is it located? I have a credit card but paypal would definitely be preferred.

Top Bottom