• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Yaari

Got 2 axes MLB'd after around 60-70 pots (thank you moons for your bounteous pots). Now I don't really have to worry about anything for now but GW weapons for characters, colo staves, and the fire celestial katana which I'm told can be 4starred and slvl'd to 15.
Which difficulty stage did you run ?

kiryogi

Banned
thats assuming too much

J9GhKlr.png

The new art reflects it, plus the banner too.

Faynwulf

I'm starting to think that the English translation rumors were just a troll. Especially as we haven't heard anything new since that one info piece back then.

Ryoukai

I'm starting to think that the English translation rumors were just a troll. Especially as we haven't heard anything new since that one info piece back then.
There's been hints in-game. The recent name change to the app being English, latest new character having skills that are English, and I think the the recent UI having more room for English text.

Got 2 axes MLB'd after around 60-70 pots (thank you moons for your bounteous pots). Now I don't really have to worry about anything for now but GW weapons for characters, colo staves, and the fire celestial katana which I'm told can be 4starred and slvl'd to 15.
Yes, the katana can be 5 starred if you buy the talisman.

kiryogi

Banned
I honestly think they might wait for this event and celebration to be over. Or maybe next month because GW is coming too

I hate how those silver pinyan statues barely drop, and I got so much gold statues, dark statues and pink stars.
It's always like this with these events. ;_;

This is why we suggest folks start now to get free stuff /event stuff and get a good start up.

That's what i've been puzzling over though; the guide says it is better to start during the legend fest for the exclusive characters to appear in start dash? And if I start now they won't show up there, am I correct? At the same time there's the free tickets they are giving out with the 2nd anni promotion, so I kind of not want to miss that either. So what would be more correct? When does legend fest even take place?

Another question I had was if I could keep those free tickets for legend fest time.

Kohak

Neo Member
That's what i've been puzzling over though; the guide says it is better to start during the legend fest for the exclusive characters to appear in start dash? there'a nothing of the sort right now, am I correct? At the same time there's the free tickets they are giving out with the 2nd anni promotion, so I kind of not want to miss that either. Can those free tickets be kept for legend fest time?

Those tickets they are handing out aren't for the legend gacha. So I don't think legend fest rates would apply to those anyways.
It all depends on what you want really, the event stuff, or waiting until some legend fest to start dash on.

If you start now and are not shy from spending money, I suppose you could use both the start dash and 2nd Anniversary Surprise Ticket at the same time. You won't be able to get any legend exclusives when using them though.

Alkaid

Neo Member
That's what i've been puzzling over though; the guide says it is better to start during the legend fest for the exclusive characters to appear in start dash? And if I start now they won't show up there, am I correct? At the same time there's the free tickets they are giving out with the 2nd anni promotion, so I kind of not want to miss that either. So what would be more correct? When does legend fest even take place?

Another question I had was if I could keep those free tickets for legend fest time.

The tickets you get with the specials for the skins are counted as normal 10 roll tickets. I've held on to my free 10 roll ticket I got from when Cygames was courted ordered to refund money spent during the December Legfest with the bugged rates for the wind girl. I used it during the legfest that came a few days after that.

I'd have personally started when the Anniversary started if I hadn't already. Start dash+star legend you would get 2 SSR characters and then with Summon Legend that came after that you would get a SSR summon for sure.

Yaari

Will probably have 6 10rolls ready when LegFest comes around again. If I were to start this game now, I'd just start rerolling.

I don't understand waiting for legfest anyway (when rerolling). 3% or 6% with a bit of luck you can have it much sooner, start playing, and possibly even benefit from the anniversary they're having.

So I just made an account, finished the tutorial and redeemed some free legend tickets/magazine tickets, do I just continue the main quest at this point or is there other stuff to take advantage of right now?

raven777

So I just made an account, finished the tutorial and redeemed some free legend tickets/magazine tickets, do I just continue the main quest at this point or is there other stuff to take advantage of right now?

If you are willing to invest some money into the game, you should consider buying Start ticket and Surprise ticket.

Rixa

If you are willing to invest some money into the game, you should consider buying Start ticket and Surprise ticket.

If not, I hope you got ssr, otherwise reroll so long that you get ssr.

Rixa

Getting rare encounter, golden pinya on battle 2 at Extreme makes boss battle a joke.

Grind battle 2 so long that your skills, Ougi & all summons are up. After that kill rare pinya with some summon.

In boss floor, throw all utility skills you need to throw, then use SSR Idol summon to raise your tension. Unleash damage skills & finally end turn with Ougi.

Enjoy the damage what your units do after their Tension is raised.

Am I supposed to be rerolling for a summon or for a playable character? I just got a SSR サテュロス but I think it's a summon.

If you want to just start, most SSR characters are fine. If you enjoy the looks/whatever of a character and don't care about how they are, pick them as well and go with it. You can use this 'tier' list to get a better idea of what people are generally looking for on teams.

For summons, if you get: Lucifer, Behemut or The Order Grande you can keep those as they can only be pulled from the gacha and not ticketed. If you find any other SSR summon, keep rolling.

While you can't really be that picky while rerolling during a non-legendfest period, it would be preferable to start with something that can do damage(But not necessarily an attacker), as it'll make life a lot easier.

I'll be editing this post with some choices to look out for in each element in a bit.

Dark:
Narumeia- Damage, lots of it. Paper defenses.
Vampy - Tends to double attack a bit more often then Naru. Lots of utility but alright damage.
Vira - Some team utility but mostly a selfish damage dealer that takes care of herself, use your free SR Kat in the sub slots to help Vira's passive. Early: good Late: good
Lady Gray - Lots of utility. Can level to 100, the grind is real so if you wanted to start on that, get on it.

Light:
Albert - Want damage in light? He has damage in light.
Amira - Want damage in light? She has damage in light.
Jeanne D'arc - Has a flag. Would let lead/10

Earth:
You are already dead
Altheia - Old man with swords, deals good damage.
Cagliostro - Helps outlast enemies with healing once leveled a bit. Not a great damage dealer but can support a team alright.

Fire:
Clarice - Great support. can deal non-element damage so taking down slime is easy with her along with her great kit of skills.
Gandagouza - Doesn't suck anymore.
Percival - Fear status is great, helps your fire attack up buffs do more.
Yuel - If Clarice is a hard support, Yuel is a battle medic. Gives up utility for better overall damage.
Aoidios - Flagged as special but is really some kind of super damage dealer support with aggro.

Water:
Altair - Dumb good kit, utility for days.
Yodaruhara - Your ticket for a better nights MVP. EZPZ mode with him on the team.
Silva - Big, fat, stacks of damage with Ougi. Can Ougi on demand as well.
Riruru - If you have a lot of males on the team, she'll buff them to hell and back.

Wind:
Nezahualpilli - BIIIIIIIIIIRRRDDDDMMMAAAAANN. Like Narumeia but doesn't need to work on upkeeping a stance. Same problems, paper thin defense; till level 100. Will still rip everything a new hole regardless of level.
Petra - Evade and damage buffs, good stuff.
Henriette - Team utility. Haste, overdrive reduction and ougi/damage up.

If you want to just start, most SSR characters are fine. If you enjoy the looks/whatever of a character and don't care about how they are, pick them as well and go with it. You can use this 'tier' list to get a better idea of what people are generally looking for on teams.

For summons, if you get: Lucifer, Behemut or The Order Grande you can keep those as they can only be pulled from the gacha and not ticketed. If you find any other SSR summon, keep rolling.

While you can't really be that picky while rerolling during a non-legendfest period, it would be preferable to start with something that can do damage(But not necessarily an attacker), as it'll make life a lot easier.

I'll be editing this post with some choices to look out for in each element in a bit.

Thanks! That's actually really helpful. I'm not really in a rush to get started, I'm more interested in actually getting something that's good.

Sitrus

Been playing this for a while and I'm looking for a guild :D
Still learning the ropes, but it's been pretty fun.

ID:9037884

Manatox

I'm checking everyday to see if the English version is out but it seems it still won't be out for a while.

Not really interested playing it only half understanding it. So the waiting continues...

Uthred

Isnt that tierlist meant to be terrible/outdated/an elaborate joke? Saw this recent Japanese tier list been bandied around - http://kikuusi.blog.jp/archives/1027858998.html Like all tier lists its a source of contention but at least the author gives a more granular break down of various units.

I'd perhaps replace Jeanne with Ferri due to Berserker and suggest Lancelot for water as he holds up better than Silva (but doesnt look as cool). Though they're really only concerns if you think you'll be playing it for a good while.

Azusa

I'd perhaps replace Jeanne with Ferri due to Berserker and suggest Lancelot for water as he holds up better than Silva (but doesnt look as cool). Though they're really only concerns if you think you'll be playing it for a good while.

At start it is better to pick a character that will help you now in the beginning/mid game rather than at end game.

Uthred

At start it is better to pick a character that will help you now in the beginning/mid game rather than at end game.

There's certainly a strong argument for that, but if you are trying to go entirely or primarily F2P then getting a core unit for an element early on is also a valid route to take I think. Of course the best is probably to get one thats good in most/all phases of the game.

In Japan ladies give men chocolate on Valentines Day, the men reciprocate on White Day a month later, the tradition has also spread to other east asian countries.
Ah OK.

Lemme see if I got this right: over than buying that starter thing and buying that Anniversary 2 ticket, there's no other way to guarantee getting/selecting an SSR right? I forgot to get the starter ticket but rolled an SSR during legfest and bought another with the anniversary ticket.

Meffer

Man, I saw some gameplay of this and to me looks like one of the better made mobile games I've seen in a long time. I'm definitely on board when this is released in America. I hope it's this month.

Rainy

Banned
So I'm thinking of starting this, even though I wanted to wait for the English version, might as well jump in now. Do most people play the desktop version? Also can you access the same account across multiple devices?

kiryogi

Banned
So I'm thinking of starting this, even though I wanted to wait for the English version, might as well jump in now. Do most people play the desktop version? Also can you access the same account across multiple devices?
I used to mainly play on PC, but it's dead right now. So Currently on my Note 5.

And yes! It's tied to your mobage account. I play it everywhere that has Internet access lol.

Rainy

Banned
I used to mainly play on PC, but it's dead right now. So Currently on my Note 5.

And yes! It's tied to your mobage account. I play it everywhere that has Internet access lol.

thanks for the help~ I'll probably play on PC right now since my iPhone is filling up on space currently. Will start soon then heh.

Uthred

Ah OK.

Lemme see if I got this right: over than buying that starter thing and buying that Anniversary 2 ticket, there's no other way to guarantee getting/selecting an SSR right? I forgot to get the starter ticket but rolled an SSR during legfest and bought another with the anniversary ticket.

The only way you can pick an SSR is via the Start Dash (which you can only use once) and via a Surprise Gacha Titcket (which pop up from time to time, theres a second anniversary one at the moment). However you can buy (what I think is called) a Star Gacha (its the current banner with the big "SSR blah blah W blah blah 10 blah" on it), a Star Gacha is a ten roll which has one guaranteed SSR result. Obviously its worse than a Surprise Gacha because a) a surprise gacha gives you a selection ticket for an SSR and a 10 pull you can save for a legend fest and b) the SSR you get is random. Probably only worth it if youre going to whale/throw money at the game.

Top Bottom