• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

expressioned

Neo Member
Hi guys,

I'm currently in the process of re-rolling for a ssr. Should I be using all my tickets and free rolls each time or just the free rolls?

kiryogi

Banned
Warning for folks rerolling and waiting, seems like they are purging inactive accounts... especially ones that haven't spent money. ?

From 4ch:

Unfortunately, your account has been pruned.

This'll happen if you basically logged in, gained a level or two, then didn't play again (and most importantly, never spent money on it).

chrono01

Warning for folks rerolling and waiting, seems like they are purging inactive accounts... especially ones that haven't spent money. ?

From 4ch:
Scary.

I log in daily and today just spent money, so I should be fine. I'd hate to lose my account.

Rixa

Scary.

I log in daily and today just spent money, so I should be fine. I'd hate to lose my account.

In order you to get in guild, you need to do some story (I think its story 4 that opens the possibility). Also dont join your _own_ guild cause it has 24h freeze time after you leave guild, before you can join new one.

I did that

And hey \o/ Welcome to the dark side.
Give me your id and Ill add you to my friend list (I could use one Bahamut friend)...

How does one actually go about spending money on this game? I can't seem to find any guides on that particular aspect, is it easy to do when you're not in Japan?

chrono01

In order you to get in guild, you need to do some story (I think its story 4 that opens the possibility). Also dont join your _own_ guild cause it has 24h freeze time after you leave guild, before you can join new one.

I did that

And hey \o/ Welcome to the dark side.
Give me your id and Ill add you to my friend list (I could use one Bahamut friend)...
Sounds good! I guess I'll wait and join the guild later when the English localization is released. I know I can stumble through things now if I wanted to, but I'd rather do it when I can fully grasp everything. I'll just continue logging in for my daily rewards until then.

If you're fine with that (me not leveling my Narumea/Bahamut until the English translation), you can feel free to add me!

ID: 9456480

Rixa

How does one actually go about spending money on this game? I can't seem to find any guides on that particular aspect, is it easy to do when you're not in Japan?
Loaning my post nr 319.
Trying to see if I can buy Mobacoins through Andyroid/Google Store, no luck. too bad. Might be difficult.

You need credit card & you need to use mobile phone for buying mobacoins.

1. Click gacha button
2. Scroll downwards and click 90 mobacoin once per day pull option. It directs you to buying mobacoins (if you dont have any).
3. Scroll to bottom and click upper one of those 2 choices (I have some red text above click box).
4. Click amount you want to buy (3090)
5. Google payment pop up comes
6. Payment succeed
7. Now click lower right corner GBF icon logo to get back to game
8. Click my page, now you have mobacoins (the amount you bought).

I used 90 mobacoins for the daily gacha (got r weapon as expected). Not sure where is the best place outside of gacha to see how many mobacoins you have left tho.

Sounds good! I guess I'll wait and join the guild later when the English localization is released. I know I can stumble through things now if I wanted to, but I'd rather do it when I can fully grasp everything. I'll just continue logging in for my daily rewards until then.

If you're fine with that (me not leveling my Narumea/Bahamut until the English translation), you can feel free to add me!

Sure :)

desverger

I'll make sure to add you as well, when I start playing - my rerolls also landed me with a Narumeia, so your Bahamut will sure come in handy!

Ironically I pulled the Light version of Bahamut - Thunder Dragon - with the anniversary tix :p

My Id is 8961988

Rixa

My Id is 8961988

I cant find you. Reason prolly is that your level is too low. @Desverger account is not new and @Chrono has used money so accounts are ok, but level might be the problem.
GBFFr1.PNG
GBFFr2.PNG
Anyways you all can see my ID from that pic. Just send fr to me when you can.

chrono01

I cant find you. Reason prolly is that your level is too low. @Desverger account is not new and @Chrono has used money so accounts are ok, but level might be the problem.

Anyways you all can see my ID from that pic. Just send fr to me when you can.
Sorry, I guess I'll add you both when I actually start playing then. I just hope it won't be long. :(

Yaari

Those celebrations are just publicity stunts, I can't see them delaying it. I mean, they'll make headlines for hitting 10mil, more money, all of it.

Hope English translation comes through soon.

Rixa

Nice surprise, I was doing last run for Brynhilde grinding, I need one silver statue more to buy the last copy. Got the statue, but oh well I can buy something else:
Next for the axe grind.

chrono01

Nice surprise, I was doing last run for Brynhilde grinding, I need one silver statue more to buy the last copy. Got the statue, but oh well I can buy something else:

Next for the axe grind.
I don't know what this is, but it looks nice. I congratulate you.

Yaari

I guess it doesn't exist on VH difficulty? I've not seen a single SSR drop and I've done a fair bit of runs.

garath

I'm one kill away from maxing the blue SR girl (99% now). The fire girl was way easier to max. I'm also one kill away from hitting 1000 points. Not sure what that will do for me.

I've so far bought the SSR staff and the SSR summon. Working on buying the second summon. Only doing very hard green boss is slow. But it's the one that I can do reliably. I can't kill the black boss unless I somehow got a lot stronger in a few days.

I'll do what I can with this event. Still ramping up.

garath

So I have everything I need to limit break Ferri again except for this orb thing. Any idea where I can get 5 of them?

vOcZuI5.jpg

Rixa

I'm one kill away from maxing the blue SR girl (99% now). The fire girl was way easier to max. I'm also one kill away from hitting 1000 points. Not sure what that will do for me.

I've so far bought the SSR staff and the SSR summon. Working on buying the second summon. Only doing very hard green boss is slow. But it's the one that I can do reliably. I can't kill the black boss unless I somehow got a lot stronger in a few days.

I'll do what I can with this event. Still ramping up.

Did you buy that first summon from old event shop? You can buy other items cheaply from there too. Buy 2 from old event shop and 2 from this event shop, saves a ton of material.

garath

20141105_2948685.jpg

Fight this one by either summoning it yourself or multiplayer

Awesome. Thanks :) I'll keep an eye out for it. I think I just unlocked the normal version for myself. I'll try it when I have the AP.

Did you buy that first summon from old event shop? You can buy other items cheaply from there too. Buy 2 from old event shop and 2 from this event shop, saves a ton of material.

Oh damn. I forgot about that. Just bought the second copy easy. Very nice!

Sheiter

So I just started playing a few days ago in anticipation of the english release. I figured since the event was going on I'd try to get the limited characters while I still can. I've unlocked every idolmaster character except the one for beating the event story so far, and I'm getting worried I wont be strong enough to get the last one in time. I'm up to the fourth story quest (the ones that cost 11) but I've barely been squeaking by thanks to using high level guest summons, but any quest with more than 1 encounter is a struggle that sends me back to trying to level some more in the main story. Was hoping someone could tell me if I have a chance of finishing this in time with such a new account and just how many more quests are there in total for the event. Thanks!

Was hoping someone could tell me if I have a chance of finishing this in time with such a new account and just how many more quests are there in total for the event. Thanks!
You're at the last part, and still got 5 days left.
Maybe run a few story missions to rank/level up.
Should be doable.

garath

So I just started playing a few days ago in anticipation of the english release. I figured since the event was going on I'd try to get the limited characters while I still can. I've unlocked every idolmaster character except the one for beating the event story so far, and I'm getting worried I wont be strong enough to get the last one in time. I'm up to the fourth story quest (the ones that cost 11) but I've barely been squeaking by thanks to using high level guest summons, but any quest with more than 1 encounter is a struggle that sends me back to trying to level some more in the main story. Was hoping someone could tell me if I have a chance of finishing this in time with such a new account and just how many more quests are there in total for the event. Thanks!

Make sure you are using the new SR girls the event gives you. To keep them after the event you need to max the affinity? I don't know if it's called that but it is a percentage you get for using them.

Sheiter

Thanks! It took an Elixer but I managed to get through and unlock the last character. I've been making sure I had them all in my party after unlocking and am close to maxing affinity with the 3 I already unlocked so I'm on a good track for that. Enjoying the game alot so far. I imagine the event would have been alot easier with an earth weapon but I haven't had good luck with those and have yet to acquire one.

garath

Yup my wording was poor. I meant that Iam not sure if you can get SSR (Staff / Brynh) from VH Green Unknown :).

It might be possible. But really low chance. I've done the VH green one 40 times and haven't seen either the summon or the staff drop.

It might be possible. But really low chance. I've done the VH green one 40 times and haven't seen either the summon or the staff drop.

yeah, I imagine it's basically a miracle drop in very hard lol

i'm still trying to get enough mats for the character though, mimic box isn't coming enough for me

i'm still trying to get enough mats for the character though, mimic box isn't coming enough for me
I wish I could gift you all these pink stars. :(

I've given up on starting a second black axe.
It just won't drop after way too many EX runs. I got a nice SR collection though. :O

nesteaplunger

Neo Member
Hey guys just want to make sure that if I get the 2nd anniversary surprise ticket now I can still get the start dash one later if I wanted?

Also what do you guys think of Salhamerina as a starting roll? Thinking of getting Percival with the surprise ticket to pair with her.

kiryogi

Banned
Hey guys just want to make sure that if I get the 2nd anniversary surprise ticket now I can still get the start dash one later if I wanted?

Also what do you guys think of Salhamerina as a starting roll? Thinking of getting Percival with the surprise ticket to pair with her.
Edit:

Oh wait that's hot potato. She's a keeper,

Gizuko

Do I have to max the blue and yellow % to keep the event character after the event or just the blue one? Google translate isn't helping me here (apparently the yellow one, "closeness", will sort of increase her abilities, but that's all it says).

By the way, I'd like to join the gaf guild (I ended up playing anyway), my ID is 9438920.

No good summons though, I kept Cagliostro (mostly because no SSR dropped after her, in about 30 accounts, during a legfest).

Do I have to max the blue and yellow % to keep the event character after the event or just the blue one? Google translate isn't helping me here (apparently the yellow one, "closeness", will sort of increase her abilities, but that's all it says).

By the way, I'd like to join the gaf guild (I ended up playing anyway), my ID is 9438920.

No good summons though, I kept Cagliostro (mostly because no SSR dropped after her, in about 30 accounts, during a legfest).

yes, max the blue % to keep the event character, you only need to do that with Rin (the blue swordsmen idol)

the yellow % is just bonus stats, I believe you don't need to rush to do that during the actual event

Gizuko

yes, max the blue % to keep the event character, you only need to do that with Rin (the blue swordsmen idol)

the yellow % is just bonus stats, I believe you don't need to rush to do that during the actual event

Yay, no need to rush then.

Oh, I think I joined cypher properly, thanks for sending an inv.

The new Order Grande raid is pretty awesome.
3 forms, and a special death animation.

The amount of dmg some people dish out is beyond crazy though.

chrono01

So, concerning this Idolm@ster collaboration, where do I go to play it and is it difficult? I haven't been playing (been waiting for that English release!) but I'd love to grab at least one of the units.

Top Bottom