• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Uthred

Saving up 90,000 seems like a terrible idea, thats going to take around what, 9 months give or take? You could have bought nearly any character with a Surprise Ticket by that point and unless you're truly unlucky you'd have got some SSR's to help your progression. Not to mention not being able to spend crystals on QOL stuff. You'd want to really love that monkey chick.

dennism

When my first 10 pull gave me nothing, I noped out of Draw. Last month was my lesson. I'll save for summer and storm Gacha! Hopefully.

you never know RNG, my draws is as follows

1st 10 crystal pull -> nothing, sadness
2nd 10 ticket pull -> lennah SSR, oh ok.. not building wind but whatever
3rd 10 crystal pull -> birdman SSR + ghangadouza, well.. guess I'm building a wind team now

Saving up 90,000 seems like a terrible idea, thats going to take around what, 9 months give or take? You could have bought nearly any character with a Surprise Ticket by that point and unless you're truly unlucky you'd have got some SSR's to help your progression. Not to mention not being able to spend crystals on QOL stuff. You'd want to really love that monkey chick.
I'm not in a rush to progress and I don't spend money on gacha, so STs aren't an option for me. I like the game enough that I think I'll still be playing in nine months' time, so if I'm spending crystals anyway, I want to be guaranteed an SSR I want. Kinda blows that I won't have an SSR character for a while, but I enjoy the game still.

dennism

I'm not in a rush to progress and I don't spend money on gacha, so STs aren't an option for me. I like the game enough that I think I'll still be playing in nine months' time, so if I'm spending crystals anyway, I want to be guaranteed an SSR I want. Kinda blows that I won't have an SSR character for a while, but I enjoy the game still.

I'm planning to save up too, but to me i will do it after i have one element team fully built. game won't be as fun if you don't have a strong team to do hard content with.

If you are going to grind this game for months straight to get 90,000 crystals. I can't even imagine how buying tickets is a bad use of your money. Considering the time and effort you are putting into it, one or two guaranteed SSR for a core team that you will use for those entire months is not bad.

dennism

man, after this legfest my wind element is now better than the water one that I'm building

after legfest, i now have

wind: SSR petra, SSR nezuwhatchamalit, SSR lennah, SR sutera (already at 70)

water: SSR Altair, SSR silva, SR Katalina

i was building a water team, but now it seems building a wind team would be better? i do have a guaranteed SSR ticket left.. i could get a wind SSR to kinda complete the team, or just continue with water.. damn this game and their draw RNG..

EDIT: i should mention i have a MLB anat (got one before i got bankrupt by bingo) and a 2* tiamat omega, so summons wise I'm already set for wind

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Your team is already pretty sweet for Wind, so I would just go with that. Personally, I would still use your ticket on a water unit so you have 2 teams to work towards, with a priority on the wind.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It's a stopper valve system to prevent people from blowing enormous amounts of cash chasing the player they want after the Anchira scandal.

Basically during every draw promotion event, whenever you draw you generate 1 cerulean spark for each individual draw. If you accumulate 300(30 10-draws) during that period, you can exchange them for any one thing in the current gatcha.

When the current promotion event ends, any sparks you accumulated and didn't spend become cerulean stones, which you can spend on other useful stuff like uncap/upgrade materials.
That's a cool system. I'd never have the patience to save up that many crystals for a single certain pull, though, haha.

Thanks for the explanation! :)

Rixa

Honestly, and perhaps this is common knowledge, but some SRs are really good and worth using. I know other games have an "SSR or forget it" type of gameplay, but I use a few SRs on my teams and they work awesomely.

The game is so dictated by weapon pool that you can get by with an SR that's really good vs a really shitty SSR honestly

It's true, dark is my off element so i have a non-existant weapon pool but I can mvp chev magna with a team of 1 SSR and 4 SRs.

Yep, I know SRs can be really useful, too. Using SR Sutera (fire) on my main team, she saves my bacon so many times with Substitute+Otherself and her party DA boost.

My Dark R team aint shining (havent LB them), SR team is mlb. As @Kayos90 says: Everything is around weapon pool. I have MVPed Omegas with R & SR teams usually by accidentally, then noticing the f**k I was mvp.

I know it hurts not to get SSR / good SSR. I was in same boat and my +80 first pulls were made without any SSR.

Edit
Found this from Twitter:
Cjx7NBJUUAExyks.jpg:orig
There are people around the globe with terrible pull luck.

Falk

that puzzling face
Now I really, really want Ludger to be part of the Tales collab.

Gran: ...

Ludger: ...

COMBAT BEGIN

Is there a guide for what we need to do for the upcoming Tales collaboration event in terms of creating an account that we can link to our Mobage one?

Falk

that puzzling face
Saving 90,000 crystals seems like an impossible feat to be honest.

Like, you don't get 10,000 crystals a month indefinitely. Your source of crystals slowly dries up as you complete the story/free missions/dailies and eventually dwindles to just daily login and new events, which is a trickle in comparison.

I mean, yeah, you can add to it via draw tickets from the cross-game login campaigns, etc but 90,000 is still an insane number. I don't think you'd hit 90,000 in two years, let alone 9 months.

dennism

what is ikelos's skill when fully MLB'd? 40% water atk buff?

also, is the SSR water book good to have? i counted 3 total for getting 3mil honors, is the last one a rare drop from onerous (please say no)

Chaos17

The story of th event was a bit sad to listen to it but overall I like it better than Stan event.
Ending was cute even if she Phoebe was a painful boss.

Cj3XIPuWUAAiFYn.jpg

MicH

Just managed to scrape together the last 1300 crystals I needed to do one last pull. Got Lady Grey! My non-fire teams are all over the place. I have one water SSR, two earth SSR, three wind SSR and two dark SSR. At least Vira and Lady Grey are both pretty decent

MicH

Are the three wind SSRs any good? Because I mean if you have a fire team it shouldn't be hard to MVP wind Magna.
Metera, Birdman and Feena which I guess is okay. I still have my Start Dash ticket for a few more days so I could pick someone to build up another team. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet. I'd love to pick one of the limited story characters that I have available, but I'm not sure who yet. Otherwise I'm probably just gonna pick Clarisse and have my ideal fire team

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Really glad I didn't hold out. Did 4 10-pulls and got a bunch of cool-looking SR characters, Catherine and Nemone, plus the summons Baal and Hector. So 1 SSR per pull.

Also got the event water SSR on my second raid. Nice.

Saving 90,000 crystals seems like an impossible feat to be honest.

Like, you don't get 10,000 crystals a month indefinitely. Your source of crystals slowly dries up as you complete the story/free missions/dailies and eventually dwindles to just daily login and new events, which is a trickle in comparison.

I mean, yeah, you can add to it via draw tickets from the cross-game login campaigns, etc but 90,000 is still an insane number. I don't think you'd hit 90,000 in two years, let alone 9 months.

I agree that 90,000 crystals is a long haul. Napkin math + guessing incoming!

Not counting limited crystal sources (story, dailies, free missions) You don't really get a lot. Each month (30 days lets say) you will get 6 single draw tickets (1 from daily log in (every 15 days) and 2 from the cross app promo ( I think every 15 days?)). These same sources will give you a combined 2 rolls in crystals per month (I forget the exact amount, but more than 600). That means from just logging into stuff, you'll get 8 rolls per month.

Looking to events, we have Guild Wars every month, and 1 or 2 other events. GW alone gives us 300 crystals just for clearing each of the difficulty levels. I won't count the random chance ones from the token draw since I won't make assumptions about how people grind. Other events, like the current Miscoloured Memories event, Give about the same just by clearing the story + raid battles. None of this includes trophies either, since I never pay attention to how many crystals I get from those (I'd assume around 100 though).

So, all in all we get 10 rolls per month if we do all of the things offered. That would take 30 months (2.5 years) to get the full 300 rolls needed with just the regular sources.

As for the story, we get 50 crystals per story mission, and 4 story missions per island. Each story mission comes with at least 3 free missions normally, each giving another 50 crystals. I'm up to chapter 33 right now, and I've only done about half of the free missions open to me, and I do all of the event stuff. I've spent about half of the total crystals I've earned, so I'm looking at having made around 16000 crystals so far? This does include trophy stuff, extra crystals given out by the devs (around 1800 I think), those monthly sources above, and token draw crystals though, so it would be inaccurate. I would guess a player should be able to get at least 18k crystals if they did the same story progress as me, but kept up on free missions and on all events. I've also not done most of my fate episodes, which give 50 crystals per character you have. That is 60 rolls from the time grinding limited sources. That would cut off 6 months from the total grind, but you are still looking at around 2 years of saving. Even if we add in all of the other sources of crystals (except developer gifts, since those are apologies/totally random) I didn't, I would assume we are still looking at 1.5-2 years of saving crystals + roll tickets to make that 300.

I mean, I did a lot of guessing and stuff to get where I did, but I think it should be accurate, if maybe a bit generous. If you get lucky, you can cut that time in half by investing on a completely broken character launch and hope to get it all back, meaning that you could totally get 300 rolls in a few months without spending any cash, but I think after 2 back to back broken launches they've learned their lesson for a while. Either way, you should be able to get at least 10 draws per month, and around 60 draws from the story and missions. Also, as you make those 300 rolls, each character you get is another 50 crystals, so assuming you get 1 per 10 roll that would also give you another 5 rolls. Still, seems like a far off goal for very little pay off.

dennism

I agree that 90,000 crystals is a long haul. Napkin math + guessing incoming!

Not counting limited crystal sources (story, dailies, free missions) You don't really get a lot. Each month (30 days lets say) you will get 6 single draw tickets (1 from daily log in (every 15 days) and 2 from the cross app promo ( I think every 15 days?)). These same sources will give you a combined 2 rolls in crystals per month (I forget the exact amount, but more than 600). That means from just logging into stuff, you'll get 8 rolls per month.

Looking to events, we have Guild Wars every month, and 1 or 2 other events. GW alone gives us 300 crystals just for clearing each of the difficulty levels. I won't count the random chance ones from the token draw since I won't make assumptions about how people grind. Other events, like the current Miscoloured Memories event, Give about the same just by clearing the story + raid battles. None of this includes trophies either, since I never pay attention to how many crystals I get from those (I'd assume around 100 though).

So, all in all we get 10 rolls per month if we do all of the things offered. That would take 30 months (2.5 years) to get the full 300 rolls needed with just the regular sources.

As for the story, we get 50 crystals per story mission, and 4 story missions per island. Each story mission comes with at least 3 free missions normally, each giving another 50 crystals. I'm up to chapter 33 right now, and I've only done about half of the free missions open to me, and I do all of the event stuff. I've spent about half of the total crystals I've earned, so I'm looking at having made around 16000 crystals so far? This does include trophy stuff, extra crystals given out by the devs (around 1800 I think), those monthly sources above, and token draw crystals though, so it would be inaccurate. I would guess a player should be able to get at least 18k crystals if they did the same story progress as me, but kept up on free missions and on all events. I've also not done most of my fate episodes, which give 50 crystals per character you have. That is 60 rolls from the time grinding limited sources. That would cut off 6 months from the total grind, but you are still looking at around 2 years of saving. Even if we add in all of the other sources of crystals (except developer gifts, since those are apologies/totally random) I didn't, I would assume we are still looking at 1.5-2 years of saving crystals + roll tickets to make that 300.

I mean, I did a lot of guessing and stuff to get where I did, but I think it should be accurate, if maybe a bit generous. If you get lucky, you can cut that time in half by investing on a completely broken character launch and hope to get it all back, meaning that you could totally get 300 rolls in a few months without spending any cash, but I think after 2 back to back broken launches they've learned their lesson for a while. Either way, you should be able to get at least 10 draws per month, and around 60 draws from the story and missions. Also, as you make those 300 rolls, each character you get is another 50 crystals, so assuming you get 1 per 10 roll that would also give you another 5 rolls. Still, seems like a far off goal for very little pay off.

im listening

Now I really, really want Ludger to be part of the Tales collab.

COMBAT BEGIN

the funny thing is that in Tales of Asteria, Ludger is actually voiced

so i imagine if he is one of the collab units here, he'll be voiced

yes, he's more voiced in the mobile and spinoff games than his actually game, thanks baba!

Ultimadrago

the funny thing is that in Tales of Asteria, Ludger is actually voiced

so i imagine if he is one of the collab units here, he'll be voiced

yes, he's more voiced in the mobile and spinoff games than his actually game, thanks baba!

Does he have a personality in Tales of Asteria? I'm not being slick, I'm genuinely curious what persona the game portays the character with.

Falk

that puzzling face
Does he have a personality in Tales of Asteria? I'm not being slick, I'm genuinely curious what persona the game portays the character with.

I mean, technically
you see a bit of that in a late game cutscene
in Xillia 2.

Seems pretty run-off-the-mill JRPG protag.

And technically unvoiced or not you can sorta get a feel for his personality in Xillia 2 anyway - seen some shit, makes difficult decisions, blah blah blah blah.
And technically you also see what happens when he goes bonkers in the form of alt-Ludger where Elle is from

commish

Over the last two legfest I did 10 ten-pulls and got 0 SSR characters. This game really wants me to quit.

Well, there was a guy here who did a single pull and got a dupe SSR, so keep it mind that it could always be worse for you. ;)

Ultimadrago

I mean, technically
you see a bit of that in a late game cutscene
in Xillia 2.

Seems pretty run-off-the-mill JRPG protag.

And technically unvoiced or not you can sorta get a feel for his personality in Xillia 2 anyway - seen some shit, makes difficult decisions, blah blah blah blah.
And technically you also see what happens when he goes bonkers in the form of alt-Ludger where Elle is from

Yeah, I suppose technically technically this is all correct. It just seems so fragmented in hindsight that I'm not sure I could build a clear picture of his image out-of-context. Standard protagonist with the urge to protect seems about right.

Shirke

I know it hurts not to get SSR / good SSR. I was in same boat and my +80 first pulls were made without any SSR.

Edit
Found this from Twitter:

There are people around the globe with terrible pull luck.

Over the last two legfest I did 10 ten-pulls and got 0 SSR characters. This game really wants me to quit.

Well, there was a guy here who did a single pull and got a dupe SSR, so keep it mind that it could always be worse for you. ;)

And I thought I had crap luck with 30 pulls plus 2 tickets with only 2 SSRs.

commish

Once I get these last 10 silver certificates, I never want to farm them again. I wish you could trade one gold for 2 silver certs.

Falk

that puzzling face
Dat spoiler man

Anybody else find the daily rewards to be lackluster? It doesn't exactly make me want to keep logging in everyday.

Considering people are also logging into 3 other games daily to get bonuses for GBF, I think it's fine!

Anybody else find the daily rewards to be lackluster? It doesn't exactly make me want to keep logging in everyday.

They're boring but It's all pretty useful stuff though considering how stamina thirsty this game actually is. I could use larger amounts of rupies though.

Considering people are also logging into 3 other games daily to get bonuses for GBF, I think it's fine!

Wait wut
There are other mobages that contribute to GBF?

Falk

that puzzling face
Wait wut
There are other mobages that contribute to GBF?

vgcBTL6.png

Making it through the tutorial is a bunch of pots, if you're dedicated enough to play up to lv40 or so you get a bunch of pulls.

The low-effort additional sustained income is by logging in for the points in the login campaign (separate button from the 3 games)

edit: Better explanation from ultimate guide

Twitter Reset
Once a day you can refill your AP/BP to full by sending a twitter message. You actually don't have to send one. You can just click on it and it will assume you sent one. Resets at 5am JST time.

Login Campaign
You get points for logging into other games cygames make everyday. Make sure to do this everyday as the rewards are worth it. It resets periodically.

Idol App / Knights App
You get crystals for downloading the app, but you need a confirmed japanese phone so pretty much tough luck for us.

Invite Campaign
You need a confirmed phone for this too, so no luck here.

Bahamut Collab Rewards
3x AP pots - Clear tutorial
1x legend ticket - Reach lvl 15
2x legend tickets - Reach lvl 30
2x legend tickets - Reach lvl 40

Idols Collab Rewards
3x AP pots - Reach lvl 30
2x legend tickets - Reach lvl 40

Knights Collab Rewards
3x AP pots - Reach lvl 30
2x legend tickets - Reach lvl 50

Panel Campaign
Rewards for doing basic tasks in the game. Translations in the next section.

edit2: Just checked current rewards, it seems you actually have to do stuff in the games during this event. Derp.

Top Bottom