• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Gizuko

Honestly, if you aren't building a water team, is there any reason at all to do the current event? I'm guessing no... I might just stop completely.

SR and SSR fodder and Champion Merits. Merits drop from Ikelos, so drop-rate aside they aren't that hard to farm.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vgcBTL6.png

Making it through the tutorial is a bunch of pots, if you're dedicated enough to play up to lv40 or so you get a bunch of pulls.

The low-effort additional sustained income is by logging in for the points in the login campaign (separate button from the 3 games)

edit: Better explanation from ultimate guide

edit2: Just checked current rewards, it seems you actually have to do stuff in the games during this event. Derp.

I thought you had to have a Japanese phone number to do these. Huh.

Grzi

Just reached level 30 in Rage of Bahamut to get two tickets. Of course I didn't get shit from my pulls.

I have no idea what I'm doing in Rage of Bahamut. Just clicking stuff and it works. Awful game btw, can't imagine anyone enjoying this. I guess I'll get to level 40 to get two more tickets, it doesn't take long.

On the other hand I don't wanna touch Idolmaster ever again. Reached level 15 but it took ages. Knights of Glory also takes forever to get a level, not worth it.

All three games suck and I hate myself for playing them, but I guess GBF is just that good.

Reached level 15 but it took ages.

Really? The game just throws Stamina regen potions at you, and apparently you get points on level up which you can use to increase your stamina amount, so I mean it's super tedious but you don't actually have to wait for stamina to regen ever.

But if you say Bahamut is really easy, guess I can do that too.

Grzi

Really? The game just throws Stamina regen potions at you, and apparently you get points on level up which you can use to increase your stamina amount, so I mean it's super tedious but you don't actually have to wait for stamina to regen ever.

But if you say Bahamut is really easy, guess I can do that too.

Bahamut is the same. You can increase your stamina so it's never an issue. But you gain levels much faster in it.

Sheiter

Knights of Glory is the one that's a real pain. I did Idolm@ster in 2 days, Bahamut in 1, have been working on knights for weeks.

Chaos17

Rosine fate ep was a little sad.
I hope she will be able to meet her husband again who was kidnapped 10 years ago. (๑•﹏•)

Falk

that puzzling face
Just reached level 30 in Rage of Bahamut to get two tickets. Of course I didn't get shit from my pulls.

I have no idea what I'm doing in Rage of Bahamut. Just clicking stuff and it works. Awful game btw, can't imagine anyone enjoying this. I guess I'll get to level 40 to get two more tickets, it doesn't take long.

On the other hand I don't wanna touch Idolmaster ever again. Reached level 15 but it took ages. Knights of Glory also takes forever to get a level, not worth it.

All three games suck and I hate myself for playing them, but I guess GBF is just that good.

I figured if I'm ever desperate enough for the ~6 additional pulls I'd rather just drop some dosh on GBF directly rather than slog through games I have no interest in playing. (My Japanese is good enough to get by)

Logins though, no prob, I'll do that, takes like 20 seconds a day. Thing is the login campaign seems to be tied to the current event and is more of a 'do stuff' campaign than a 'login' campaign at the moment.

MicH

I know I've posted about this a gazillion times, but I'm so conflicted om what to do.

So I bought my Start Dash and can't decided who to use my ticket on. Here are my current SSRs:

t69FoiHl.jpg

Limited characters available: Io, Rackam, Rosetta, Katalina

A part of me wants to pick Clarisse so I'm done with my fire team, especially since that will be my main element for a very long time while I farm Colossus staves. But I also feel that it would be sort of a waste since I already have 5 fire SSRs plus multiple top tier fire SRs.

But if I don't pick Clarisse then who do I pick? Vania would make am excellent dark team with my current dark characters in Vira and Lady Grey plus I heard Light/Dark are the true endgame teams (not sure if that's true). I could also pick an earth unit to round out my earth team since I have basically zero good earth SRs besides Ladiva. Maybe Cagliostro or am attacker like the Gandalf dude?

And then there is my wind team. I have no idea what to do here. The positive side of having wind be my secondary team is that I would have a much easier time farming Tiamat with my fire team.

So what do you guys think? Do you have any suggestions on what I should do?

Noi

Logins though, no prob, I'll do that, takes like 20 seconds a day. Thing is the login campaign seems to be tied to the current event and is more of a 'do stuff' campaign than a 'login' campaign at the moment.

There's two separate tabs at the top. One of them is the standard login one and the other is usually tied to whatever ongoing event is happening, sans GW. They're both active at once.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I know I've posted about this a gazillion times, but I'm so conflicted om what to do.

So I bought my Start Dash and can't decided who to use my ticket on. Here are my current SSRs:

A part of me wants to pick Clarisse so I'm done with my fire team, especially since that will be my main element for a very long time while I farm Colossus staves. But I also feel that it would be sort of a waste since I already have 5 fire SSRs plus multiple top tier fire SRs.

But if I don't pick Clarisse then who do I pick? Vania would make am excellent dark team with my current dark characters in Vira and Lady Grey plus I heard Light/Dark are the true endgame teams (not sure if that's true). I could also pick an earth unit to round out my earth team since I have basically zero good earth SRs besides Ladiva. Maybe Cagliostro or am attacker like the Gandalf dude?

And then there is my wind team. I have no idea what to do here. The positive side of having wind be my secondary team is that I would have a much easier time farming Tiamat with my fire team.

I would leave the fire team alone for now - you already have a pretty sweet team, and although Clarisse is someone you'll want eventually, you probably don't NEED her now. I would work on my wind team if I were you, simply because, as you said, your fire team will make the wind boss easy. Alternatively, if your wind team is already good (I don't know who that winking girl is), I would pick up earth so you have a team to use when the element is water (because your main is fire).

I wouldn't do dark. It's just a lot harder to farm a team than other colors. When your team is uber, then I would move to dark as you'll be able to easily MVP dark magnas.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's two separate tabs at the top. One of them is the standard login one and the other is usually tied to whatever ongoing event is happening, sans GW. They're both active at once.

More free stuff yay!

Your fire is pretty decked out for now, rather than focusing on more characters, i'd recommend that you build a water team to MVP your colossus raids to help get you more weapons for fire. I'd say get Yoda/Altair to complement Silva. If not, then get Cagliostro and you'll have a devastating Earth team too or one of Korwa/Rosetta for Wind.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Your fire is pretty decked out for now, rather than focusing on more characters, i'd recommend that you build a water team to MVP your colossus raids to help get you more weapons for fire. I'd say get Yoda/Altair to complement Silva. If not, then get Cagliostro and you'll have a devastating Earth team too or one of Korwa/Rosetta for Wind.

I honestly think about getting Yoda solely to help me with MVP'ing Colossus raids. I can SOMETIMES do it, but not consistently. I run a grande team so perhaps it makes sense on some level.

I'm skipping on this event as well, nothing worthwhile to shoot for, not even the characters.

You have to at least get the characters! Just put them into your fifth team slot. Boom done.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Got my second SSR water book from raids today. God damn.

Either they really listened to fans angry about the last event's drops, or I'm lucky as fuck.

Talaysen

Got my second SSR water book from raids today. God damn.

Either they really listened to fans angry about the last event's drops, or I'm lucky as fuck.

Drops from story events seem way higher than collab events in my (fairly limited) experience.

MicH

I would leave the fire team alone for now - you already have a pretty sweet team, and although Clarisse is someone you'll want eventually, you probably don't NEED her now. I would work on my wind team if I were you, simply because, as you said, your fire team will make the wind boss easy. Alternatively, if your wind team is already good (I don't know who that winking girl is), I would pick up earth so you have a team to use when the element is water (because your main is fire).

I wouldn't do dark. It's just a lot harder to farm a team than other colors. When your team is uber, then I would move to dark as you'll be able to easily MVP dark magnas.

Thank you both so much for your suggestions! I greatly appreciate it.

I hadn't thought about building a water team since I only have Silva. How much does Yoda help in magna Raids? Right now I can barely dent Colossus so if he could actually make me MVP them that would be amazing.

I am quite tempted to pick up Rosetta since she's limited, thiugh. But I heard she doesn't really synergize well with Metera since her slow/charm doesn't play well with he stack-building since she needs to get hit every turn.

So I guess I'm kinda torn between Yoda, Rosetta and maybe Cagliostro now

Gizuko

I'd recommend against getting Yoda if you have Silva. Silva does a lot of damage on her own, so an utility character (Altair, Riruru, Katalina) would be best, unless you want to use Yoda to avoid Colossus' OHKO.

In fact, if you are going to actually build and use your water team, picking SSR Katalina would be best, since Yoda can be purchased with a ST.

Then again, I don't think picking dark for a secondary team is a bad idea either (specially not if you have key units such as Lady Grey and Vira), since you should still focus on farming weapons for your main element first and foremost - characters don't mean much with a bad weapon pool.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Idk if it's just weird but I'm having way more luck farming Celeste and getting SSR than I ever did doing Ygg. Wtf.

Jindrael

Banned
Today was a good day, started with daily 90c draw and got Athena.

Later decided to do a few crystal single draws, did 5 draws and got Odin and Grand Order.

Also got SR Jamil who I really wanted for earth!

MicH

I'd recommend against getting Yoda if you have Silva. Silva does a lot of damage on her own, so an utility character (Altair, Riruru, Katalina) would be best, unless you want to use Yoda to avoid Colossus' OHKO.

In fact, if you are going to actually build and use your water team, picking SSR Katalina would be best, since Yoda can be purchased with a ST.

Then again, I don't think picking dark for a secondary team is a bad idea either (specially not if you have key units such as Lady Grey and Vira), since you should still focus on farming weapons for your main element first and foremost - characters don't mean much with a bad weapon pool.
Thanks for your input! I do like the thought of using the ticket on a character you otherwise can't normally ticket, so I think I might take Katalina. I just don't know if Silva + Katalina + some water SRs are gonna be that much of a help against Colossus omega. I guess I can always get Altair with the next Surprise Ticket

Uthred

I think I'm out of "free" crystals, scrounged up another 3000 for one last pull by doing all the free missions available, so on to the monthly trickle outlined above.

Edit: Got one SSR (and Jamil) out of the 10 pull, Charlotta, which I'm happy with as its finally a water SSR. Still doesnt solve my "Who to get with ST?" problem. Vira, Naru or Dark Jeanne.

Talaysen

Is Siegfried worth getting now? I'm trying to decide on ticketing him or Catherine. Right now my earth SSRs are Cagliostro, Sara, and Aletheia.

So I took people's advice and drew instead of saving up my crystals. 3 of my 4 10x crystal draws didn't yield anything good, but one of them was pretty sweet:

Not the elements I wanted but I guess I'll play with these for a while.

Talaysen

Anyone want to help me with this event raid? C77BC3F4. It's almost dead but I'm the only one here so free vice MVP I guess.

Edit: Someone finally showed up. If it was anyone here, thanks!

Rixa

So I took people's advice and drew instead of saving up my crystals. 3 of my 4 10x crystal draws didn't yield anything good, but one of them was pretty sweet:

Not the elements I wanted but I guess I'll play with these for a while.

^^ Grats, you got Light Carbunco too :) \o_

Gizuko

Thanks for your input! I do like the thought of using the ticket on a character you otherwise can't normally ticket, so I think I might take Katalina. I just don't know if Silva + Katalina + some water SRs are gonna be that much of a help against Colossus omega. I guess I can always get Altair with the next Surprise Ticket

I think it depends on wether you want to ease Colossus farming (Yoda) o build a water team (Katalina).

On the one hand, Yoda is a treat since his ougi makes farming most low level content a breeze, but he is specially useful vs Colossus because of his dodge + taunt (requires shroud stacks, else it's just a normal dodge). On top of that, you could probably just slap him on your fire team to fire his ougi once and avoid Dimensional Slash once as well.

Then again, I'm not sure how often Colossus uses that skill, but if he only uses it below 50%, you'd have MVP'd him already by the time you need to dodge.

On the other hand, Katalina is (by far) my best water character. Although she might not always be this useful, since the last few events were heavy on crippling debuffs which made her veil/regen extra helpful.

In other words, if you want to build a water team, I think Katalina is the best option, since Silva deals a lot of damage without having to be babysat (Yoda takes 2x damage without stacks). If you just want to MVP Colossus ASAP, might as well give Yoda a try.

Top Bottom