• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Felessan

I am getting close to battle with Sorn and Beast event will net me hiirokane.
The problem is I have zero idea how to get 225 more rainbow prisms without blowing insane amount of resources.

Yaari

I am getting close to battle with Sorn and Beast event will net me hiirokane.
The problem is I have zero idea how to get 225 more rainbow prisms without blowing insane amount of resources.

Break down SSR summons or run Thursday dungeons, plus you can trade in 10 a day using the bigger red crystals. But either way you'll need resources, be it AP or sSr summons

Scrounged up more crystals from quests for one last 10-pull for this Legfest and got Yuel!

73e3cd2c732bc160eb4baf09c0e8f6fa.png

Now I just need Percival and I'll complete my S tier fire team.

MicH

I think it depends on wether you want to ease Colossus farming (Yoda) o build a water team (Katalina).

On the one hand, Yoda is a treat since his ougi makes farming most low level content a breeze, but he is specially useful vs Colossus because of his dodge + taunt (requires shroud stacks, else it's just a normal dodge). On top of that, you could probably just slap him on your fire team to fire his ougi once and avoid Dimensional Slash once as well.

Then again, I'm not sure how often Colossus uses that skill, but if he only uses it below 50%, you'd have MVP'd him already by the time you need to dodge.

On the other hand, Katalina is (by far) my best water character. Although she might not always be this useful, since the last few events were heavy on crippling debuffs which made her veil/regen extra helpful.

In other words, if you want to build a water team, I think Katalina is the best option, since Silva deals a lot of damage without having to be babysat (Yoda takes 2x damage without stacks). If you just want to MVP Colossus ASAP, might as well give Yoda a try.
Thank you so much for your insight, I greatly appreciate your help. I'll probably choose Katalina as she's better longterm plus can't be surprise ticketed later on even if Yoda sounds nice.

By the way, I managed to get 300 crystals and did a single pull. I got Black Knight. I can't find him on any tier lists. Is he any good?

Felessan

Break down SSR summons or run Thursday dungeons, plus you can trade in 10 a day using the bigger red crystals. But either way you'll need resources, be it AP or sSr summons
It's really depressing.
I will need around 110-130 1/2 AP potions based on the rate I'm getting from Thursday dungeon (and I pack SK10 burner and bunch of TH into party for it). Including conversion from red crystals I am getting 0.9-1.0 crystals per run that is reasonably good, based on GBF Data spreadsheet.
And SSR summons from drop are only 2 prisms, it'll take me forever to finish it this way (I already reduced all extra summons I had).
Thanks for advices anyway.

razterik

Thank you so much for your insight, I greatly appreciate your help. I'll probably choose Katalina as she's better longterm plus can't be surprise ticketed later on even if Yoda sounds nice.

By the way, I managed to get 300 crystals and did a single pull. I got Black Knight. I can't find him on any tier lists. Is he any good?

Katalina's really good, probably the best choice.

http://grancypher.com/2016/04/28/new-character-ssr-the-black-knight/
Black Knight is excellent, not bad as a Vampy substitute. Your dark team is essentially complete now.

Quonny

Jesus, they really increased the damage it takes to break Tiamat Hard.

Before it was under 120k, now it's over 650k.

I don't even know if it's worth running her anymore. It takes 5 minutes to beat because now I have to pay attention and heal my party and use abilities whereas before I could just auto.

Really, really weird change.

Velinos

Did a total of 5 10-pulls this event. Got Satyr and Sarunan plus a handful of R and SR characters. Every little bit helps.

I don't even know if it's worth running her anymore. It takes 5 minutes to beat because now I have to pay attention and heal my party and use abilities whereas before I could just auto.

I'm pretty sure it never took 120k to kill Tiamat Hard, Tiamat normal maybe.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Oh, so that's why my scrub R team barely beat Celeste this morning, ha. I was like, wtf, why isn't she broken yet?!

And I am definitely not sad that there's no GW this month. I will take that break gladly :)

dennism

Oh, so that's why my scrub R team barely beat Celeste this morning, ha. I was like, wtf, why isn't she broken yet?!

And I am definitely not sad that there's no GW this month. I will take that break gladly :)

one more harp to MLB..

anyway, decided to go with lancelot for my ST pick, thanks to everyone who helped me decide

dennism

wow, managed to solo nightmare oneiros, that was nice compared to the utter beating i took from druj from the last event

Gizuko

I can't play SuperStar, Dark Fencer is just too good.

I just soloed Oneiros with 4* Macula and it felt like the only reason I won was because I got lucky towards the end and managed to perma-charm her, while I can do it just fine with DF and a 50% elemental summon.

I'm guessing it's not worse than missing debuffs as a DF (except that swords and daggers are widely available, making debuffing with DF pretty easy) but I was really expecting debuff success up (GW harp) and debuff resistance down to allow Altair to land Mist at least once during the fight.

By the way, does anyone know what's 3* Ikelos' aura? 40% allies' atk up and no downside, or does the multiplier actually improve?

commish

I can't play SuperStar, Dark Fencer is just too good.

I just soloed Oneiros with 4* Macula and it felt like the only reason I won was because I got lucky towards the end and managed to perma-charm her, while I can do it just fine with DF and a 50% elemental summon.

I'm guessing it's not worse than missing debuffs as a DF (except that swords and daggers are widely available, making debuffing with DF pretty easy) but I was really expecting debuff success up (GW harp) and debuff resistance down to allow Altair to land Mist at least once during the fight.

By the way, does anyone know what's 3* Ikelos' aura? 40% allies' atk up and no downside, or does the multiplier actually improve?

Superstar is great. It's becoming my go-to class, really.

Haha so fitting.

commish

I actually like the general idea, but it seems more risky than DF. Maybe it's just a class better suited for later stages, or maybe it's just me.

There's definitely less utility w/r/t lowering the boss's damage and armor, and I miss the delay when my fear doesn't it, so you have to bring characters that can help in that regard. But with the hit to the boss's debuff resistances, I actually land more of my debuffs with superstar. And with the increased double attack rate, I have an easier time burning down overdrives. My overall survivability is pretty comparable, though DF does allow me to use my GW sword for some extra damage reduction.

demidar

There's definitely less utility w/r/t lowering the boss's damage and armor, and I miss the delay when my fear doesn't it, so you have to bring characters that can help in that regard. But with the hit to the boss's debuff resistances, I actually land more of my debuffs with superstar. And with the increased double attack rate, I have an easier time burning down overdrives. My overall survivability is pretty comparable, though DF does allow me to use my GW sword for some extra damage reduction.

When I move on from Superstar I will miss that 70% double attack chance.

Holy crap you guys weren't kidding about Hard bosses getting buffed. Takes forever to get them into OD now which can be a good thing, but getting them out is an absolute nightmare. Hard Tia absolutely slaughtered me.

Quonny

Holy crap you guys weren't kidding about Hard bosses getting buffed. Takes forever to get them into OD now which can be a good thing, but getting them out is an absolute nightmare. Hard Tia absolutely slaughtered me.

Yeah, I'm probably not even gonna bother anymore. They swung the buff bat way too hard.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm so confused when people are talking about Hard and Omega and Impossible because of the diction change when going from JP to ENG. We are talking out the AP-25 cost ones right? Those are just Hard whereas the AP-50 are the Omega.

commish

Did a bunch of fate episodes to get back to 3000, did another pull, got Silva. Thank you, Granblue Overlords. This is exactly what I wanted for farming Colossus.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm so confused when people are talking about Hard and Omega and Impossible because of the diction change when going from JP to ENG. We are talking out the AP-25 cost ones right? Those are just Hard whereas the AP-50 are the Omega.

That's right.

Oh wow.
Decided to pull anyway instead of saving for summer, and drew Andira

Now I got both Anila and Andira. My character roster OCD can be at peace for 2016.

captainpat

Any way for a lowly rank 57 player to farm champion/supreme merits? I'm doing showdowns but there's gotta be a slightly easier way.

Yaari

Looking into and tried it. Seems more useful for other raids but better than nothing. Thanks.

Now is a horrible time though. Its 8:30 in the morning in Japan and the materials for those raids are hard to get. People don't want to risk it not actually dieing.

Top Bottom