• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

How do you turn in the weapons once you have them? Is there a rank requirement or a quest you have to finish? I have a bunch of these weapons clogging up my inventory but I don't see any way to turn them in.

Been wondering this as well. I have lots of rusted baha weapons that are MLB but when going to the shop I don't see what we can do with them.

Is there anyone who didn't get Jamil during this LegFes? Don't think so lol

I did not get him.

Got a character from todays Rupee draw.
CkDeOcOWsAAY5CC.jpg:large

did the last guild wars made everyone up their earth game cause the event boss is dying way too rapidly for me to get good enough honors from raids to want to keep fighting them at this point :/

Ultimadrago

The free rupee draw can actually yield more than N weapons? That's news to me.

Yep, you can get characters, +1 weapons and I even think SSRs (or is it SRs). That said, I don't even bother. 99% of the time for me, it's just free permission for me to click on tens of waste to sell.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's a steady stream of +1s

It's not the selling that's a chore for me, it's the Rupie drain. 10k a day adds up, even if you leech coop.

evantrees

Neo Member
got my 3rd R Yoda from rupee gatcha, maybe 3 other R's from it.
account is cursed by yoda I've rolled 3 ssr 2 were yoda other was altair which is nice,

also daily join 5 raid quest added to event for 50 crystals + 3 hosting item.

How do you turn in the weapons once you have them? Is there a rank requirement or a quest you have to finish? I have a bunch of these weapons clogging up my inventory but I don't see any way to turn them in.
Not until you've reach part 3 (4?) of GW weapon upgrade steps.

First part is getting a GW weapon to 3* and slvl10.
Check the shop section for your weapon. Shows what you need.

Been wondering this as well. I have lots of rusted baha weapons that are MLB but when going to the shop I don't see what we can do with them.
Go to the Bahamut shop section, and make sure your weapon isn't "Favorite/locked" or else it won't show.

MicH

Just need one more book and Ikelos summon and I'm done with the event. Feels great! I've been pretty lucky getting the books to drop

Ala Alba

Just need one more book and Ikelos summon and I'm done with the event. Feels great! I've been pretty lucky getting the books to drop

What is this "book" of which you speak? Seriously, I haven't seen a book related to the event.

Oh, I see it now. For some reason I never saw the "Dream Atlas".

The free rupee draw can actually yield more than N weapons? That's news to me.

I wasnt doing it before but since seeing the +1 items, I try to do it every day for the max amount. I want to have all +99 character bonus as well as +99 on all my items.My summons are getting + mark bonuses too.

I get some rares, good way to level up some SR skills.

Not until you've reach part 3 (4?) of GW weapon upgrade steps.

First part is getting a GW weapon to 3* and slvl10.
Check the shop section for your weapon. Shows what you need.

Oh man that is not going to happen for a loooong time. I feel like I should just use these to skill up something and reclaim the inventory space. Alternately I need to print out the list and cross check to see which of these R weapons with skills need to be saved and which don't.

Oh man that is not going to happen for a loooong time. I feel like I should just use these to skill up something and reclaim the inventory space. Alternately I need to print out the list and cross check to see which of these R weapons with skills need to be saved and which don't.
Nah, buy a box stash and dump them inside, alongside your rusted weapons and random +1 weapons.

I bought all 3 stashes, and also upgraded my main box to 150.
Even as a F2P player, it's well worth it. Trust me.

Ultimadrago

Nah, buy a box stash and dump them inside, alongside your rusted weapons and random +1 weapons.

I bought all 3 stashes, and also upgraded my main box to 150.
Even as a F2P player, it's well worth it. Trust me.

Wait, you can upgrade your main box?

Well, shit.

Edit: Oooh, Weapon Slots. No duh. Never paid that option mind in the shop. Thanks!

MicH

U swear to god the Colossus staff has a lower drop rate than the other weapons. My statistic so far:

5 fists
4 guns
3 katanas
1 staff (+ one bought with renown points)

What is this?!

U swear to god the Colossus staff has a lower drop rate than the other weapons. My statistic so far:

5 fists
4 guns
3 katanas

What is this?!

I'm so sorry, get used to it. On the other hand, I've been playing around 4 months or so and only need 4 more to fully 3star my pool. So I guess it's not THAT bad =/

dennism

5 fists
4 guns
3 katanas

What is this?!

i did not count exactly, but for leviathan i got

2 bows
5 spears?
5 staff?
1 dagger

probably at a lower rate than the other SSRs

Grzi

So should I use the book from this event in my weapon pool if I'm running water? What does it count as, a normal weapon? The weapon optimisation guide doesn't explaij this stuff very well, but if I want to use a magna summon, I need what, seven magna, a bahamut weapon and what else?

dennism

So should I use the book from this event in my weapon pool if I'm running water? What does it count as, a normal weapon? The weapon optimisation guide doesn't explaij this stuff very well, but if I want to use a magna summon, I need what, seven magna, a bahamut weapon and what else?

book isn't that good imo, it's a hoarfrost skill so leviathan doesn't buff it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Even with your weapon pool what's best depends on the skill levels on them, since the Omega summon (assuming orange/MLB) doubles the bonus there.

But yeah, the end goal is 7 omega, bahamut, 2 unknown or a similar figure.

Story event weapons and gacha are generally normal along with Bahamut weapon bonus, while collab weapons are unknown.

To simplify things, they're multiplicative, hence without considering any bonus, omega x unknown x normal would yield the highest result if they're all equal, assuming a fixed cap to distribute to them from. However, since 1) Bahamut multiplier is higher and counts as normal, skewing it away from having additional normal weapons and 2) Omega can get a x2 multiplier which is accessible from the MLB Omega summon, it skews to more of a 6:2:2 or 7:1:2 ratio.

edit: You can use this for a rough idea on what changes to your pool/active summon would do for your damage

http://gbf.xzz.jp/

Make liberal use of the save/load feature to do a bunch of what-ifs after you finish setting up your current pool

raven777

Oh yea I haven't been playing for a while but I bought surprise ticket and still haven't decided on who to get...

I have Birdman, Lennah, and Arriet for my wind party. If I get Korwa for surprise, how should I form my team? Birdman, Korwa and Arriet?

Oh yea I haven't been playing for a while but I bought surprise ticket and still haven't decided on who to get...

I have Birdman, Lennah, and Arriet for my wind party. If I get Korwa for surprise, how should I form my team? Birdman, Korwa and Arriet?

birdman, korwa and arriet/lennah

depends if you need more buffs from arriet or heal/clear from lennah

mAcOdIn

I wasnt doing it before but since seeing the +1 items, I try to do it every day for the max amount. I want to have all +99 character bonus as well as +99 on all my items.My summons are getting + mark bonuses too.

I get some rares, good way to level up some SR skills.
Wait, characters can also get plusses? I thought it was just weapons and summons.

Shun

Keep Nez in the back for Break Assassin and to come off as a support attacker.

Lennah Arielle and Korwa in that order in the front will be really good support and synergy, especially if you play Tiamat Magna Gun Hawkeye. Then Nez and whoever Wind SR you want in the back. Sutera or Sakura.

You can't go wrong with wind, it's the next best element after Dark/Light in terms of utility and damage.

Wind teams you can slap on a shit ton of different combinations and do good, that's why it's so fun.

MicH

Even with your weapon pool what's best depends on the skill levels on them, since the Omega summon (assuming orange/MLB) doubles the bonus there.

But yeah, the end goal is 7 omega, bahamut, 2 unknown or a similar figure.

Story event weapons and gacha are generally normal along with Bahamut weapon bonus, while collab weapons are unknown.

To simplify things, they're multiplicative, hence without considering any bonus, omega x unknown x normal would yield the highest result if they're all equal, assuming a fixed cap to distribute to them from. However, since 1) Bahamut multiplier is higher and counts as normal, skewing it away from having additional normal weapons and 2) Omega can get a x2 multiplier which is accessible from the MLB Omega summon, it skews to more of a 6:2:2 or 7:1:2 ratio.

edit: You can use this for a rough idea on what changes to your pool/active summon would do for your damage

http://gbf.xzz.jp/

Make liberal use of the save/load feature to do a bunch of what-ifs after you finish setting up your current pool
This is really useful! Om super glad I managed to MLB the fire katana from the last event since it's apparently of the I know type. Thanks for the link!

I'm reading the weapon optimization guide, and it says:

Strength Weapons Skills are currently only available via events, if you are planning to fully optimise your weapon pool, be weary of any Strength weapons that are available in upcoming events. Note that these are not affected by Ranko Summon.

The only weapons listed as these are from the upcoming Tales event. So are these like another type of weapon on top of the Normal/Unknown/Bahamut/Omega?

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm reading the weapon optimization guide, and it says:

The only weapons listed as these are from the upcoming Tales event. So are these like another type of weapon on top of the Normal/Unknown/Bahamut/Omega?

There are 3 categories (ignoring enmity skills):

- Omega

- Normal + Bahamut

- Strength + Unknown

These 3 categories stack multiplicatively with each other, but additively within the category.

Difference between Normal and Bahamut is Normal affects pool color, Bahamut affects race. But e.g. a Wind Human will have Wind-based normals add to human-based Bahamut bonuses.

Difference between Strength and Unknown is that Unknown will be multiplied by Ranko summon bonus, while Strength won't.

So:

Code:
Omega * Normal * Unknown

Or more accurately

Code:
Omega * (Normal + Bahamut) * (Unknown + Strength)

Or more accurately

Code:
(Omega x Omega summon bonus) * ((Normal x Primal summon bonus) + Bahamut) * ((Unknown x Ranko summon bonus) + Strength)

This is completely ignoring the Enmity categorization of skills, of which are multiplicative yet again but additive within themselves.

This is also completely ignoring the Elemental multiplier which is basically affected by summon (e.g. Medusa, Ifrit, etc), advantage/disadvantage and buffs.

So adding all those in back into the simplified formula you get

Code:
Omega * Omega Enmity * Normal * Normal Enmity * Unknown * Elemental

to which you can expand out into their constituent elements like above.

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/post/4754

edit: fixed a couple of typos, derp.

dennism

what''s the best stage to do to level up characters? is the weekend daily dungeon any good? i did the 40AP one and.. it's like a waste of AP..

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, the long story short is, Normals are aplenty yet harder to MLB than Omega weapons (especially of the Gacha flavor) and yet their worth is diminished by sharing a multiplier categorization with Bahamut weapons.

Hence, since the categories are multiplicative with each other, the Unknown weapons are extremely valuable and you want to be weary aware of when they're showing up and be ready to pump pots into farming which often ends in tears because RNG hates everyone.

Eliseo

There are 3 categories (ignoring enmity skills):

- Omega

- Normal + Bahamut

- Strength + Unknown

These 3 categories stack multiplicatively with each other, but additively within the category.

Difference between Normal and Bahamut is Normal affects pool color, Bahamut affects race. But e.g. a Wind Human will have Wind-based normals add to human-based Bahamut bonuses.

Difference between Strength and Unknown is that Unknown will be multiplied by Ranko summon bonus, while Strength won't.

So:

Code:
Omega * Normal * Unknown

Or more accurately

Code:
Omega * (Normal + Bahamut) * (Unknown + Strength)

Or more accurately

Code:
(Omega x Omega summon bonus) * ((Normal x Primal summon bonus) + Bahamut) * ((Unknown x Ranko summon bonus) + Strength)

This is completely ignoring the Enmity categorization of skills, of which are multiplicative yet again but additive within themselves.

This is also completely ignoring the Elemental multiplier which is basically affected by summon (e.g. Medusa, Ifrit, etc), advantage/disadvantage and buffs.

So adding all those in back into the simplified formula you get

Code:
Omega * Omega Enmity * Normal * Normal Enmity * Unknown * Elemental

to which you can expand out into their constituent elements like above.

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/post/4754

edit: fixed a couple of typos, derp.

So the ideal set up for light pool would be 7 luminiera guns+bahamut dagger+cosmic gun+sakura wars event gun+ luminiera omega summon?

Ultimadrago

Yeah, the long story short is, Normals are aplenty yet harder to MLB than Omega weapons (especially of the Gacha flavor) and yet their worth is diminished by sharing a multiplier categorization with Bahamut weapons.

Hence, since the categories are multiplicative with each other, the Unknown weapons are extremely valuable and you want to be weary aware of when they're showing up and be ready to pump pots into farming which often ends in tears because RNG hates everyone.

In other news: We will all die one day.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's a solid pool, I'm not too sure if it's ideal in every case. Support summon could be either Omega or Elemental? Best to just pop it all into the calculator linked earlier to check.

(Obviously you'd be running a gun-proficient class with that, lol)

Oh man what have I done... Granblue was supposed to be something I played but didn't care about while waiting for stamina to regenerate in FFRK... now I just play this and forget to even log in for daily mythril in FFRK sometimes, and the path to getting good is so much more complicated here...

dennism

Oh man what have I done... Granblue was supposed to be something I played but didn't care about while waiting for stamina to regenerate in FFRK... now I just play this and forget to even log in for daily mythril in FFRK sometimes, and the path to getting good is so much more complicated here...

i quit clash of clans, and kinda quit FFRK too cause of granblue.

wanted to play brave exvius, but granblue is taking up too much time

Top Bottom