• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Kortez

Neo Member
Is there any reason for doing the showdown raids like Olivia, Macula Marius, and Nezha, etc? The only thing I see is fight them once to unlock their max star and maybe farm them for their crappy SSR weapon. Do they offer anything else?

Is there any reason for doing the showdown raids like Olivia, Macula Marius, and Nezha, etc? The only thing I see is fight them once to unlock their max star and maybe farm them for their crappy SSR weapon. Do they offer anything else?
Other than the occasional cert drops, you need the animas (10 ea.) from those summons to get the material required to start a Grande fight.

Tedious, but hosting your own Grande is worth it though.
Get to roll on the items at end.

Other than the occasional cert drops, you need the animas (10 ea.) from those summons to get the material required to start a Grande fight.

Tedious, but hosting your own Grande is worth it though.
Get to roll on the items at end.
No, even then it's not worth it. Just join pub'd grande's and you'll eventually get the materials from it too, Grande drops all the animas required to summon her.

No, even then it's not worth it. Just join pub'd grande's and you'll eventually get the materials from it too, Grande drops all the animas required to summon her.
Well, depends.
If you're 24/7 on Grande tweetdeck, then yeah it's better overall.

If you're just looking to waste BP (like I am mostly), and notice one of those summons up, it's still worth running it.

captainpat

This tales game sucks. Well, I'd probably have a better time if I could understand the damn thing but it's a pretty bad sign when all you need to do is let the game play itself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When set to english --

Click on the 'News' bubble at the top frame, then scroll down until you see the "Enter serial codes here to get loot" banner.

Yeah, the banner doesn't exist on iOS. Either that, or because I created a Dena account it doesn't appear.

I'm not sure which, but oh well. Is there a way to unlink an iOS account from the game? If I just delete the app, will it clear out whatever information it might have saved?

MicH

Yeah, the banner doesn't exist on iOS. Either that, or because I created a Dena account it doesn't appear.

I'm not sure which, but oh well. Is there a way to unlink an iOS account from the game? If I just delete the app, will it clear out whatever information it might have saved?
It doesn't work on the iOS app. Use Chrome and it works

Quonny

This tales game sucks. Well, I'd probably have a better time if I could understand the damn thing but it's a pretty bad sign when all you need to do is let the game play itself.

I've come around on the Tales game a bit. It's actually kind of interesting and the gameplay hooks with matching elements + attack/heal/defend/etc symbols actually can make for some strategic plays.

The only issues are the auto battle is too good and Yuri makes the whole thing a complete joke. If auto didn't automatically match the elements it'd be a lot more engaging. But why should I think when the computer just does it all so well?

Falk

that puzzling face
Honestly feel like a better cutoff point for Asteria collab would have been lv20.

People who dig the game would probably dig it by lv20. All lv30 does is reinforce the any existing negative opinion of the game from the extra pointless grind.

Rarutos

I was playing casually for a while after making an account during that week of free rolls (Got some great SSRs during then too, Yoda, Vampy, Metera (Fire), etc.) and now I'm somehow completely ensnared. I came for the collabs and now I'm staying because it's addicting and getting stronger feels really good, lol.

I agree that level 30 for Asteria was a bit too much... I'm glad they had this Double XP/Half AP campaign going on, otherwise it would have been a lot more annoying. I even got to level 40, just in case the newer event requires a higher level. >_>

MicH

I'm level 17 in that horrible Tales game and I'm not sure I can make it to 30. Leveling takes forever and the battles are getting longer and lpnger

By the way, does anyone have any tips for the Hector battle in chapter 62? I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Most of the time he does not damage but then he suddenly wipes everyone

Rixa

Just fyi. I did left guild, decided to give room in GafCypher to someone who is interested grinding in GW. Since gw in EU (and in US too) is in bad time for normal peasants.
Other reason is that Iam going to guild where are many people from C-C-F.

Ghost of Chain Chronicles global lives on ;).

chrono01

Just fyi. I did left guild, decided to give room in GafCypher to someone who is interested grinding in GW. Since gw in EU (and in US too) is in bad time for normal peasants.
Other reason is that Iam going to guild where are many people from C-C-F.

Ghost of Chain Chronicles global lives on ;).
You will be missed, friend. But whatever you need to do.

Happy 'ventures, out there!

Azusa

The only way to get Grande Balls faster is to host her and get it in Shared Chest.

MicH

Oh my god, the chapter 62-4 bss. So much HP!!

I don't think I'm getting past this one lol. I need to clear chapter 63 to gain access to Black Knight's fate episodes lol

EDIT Got it dwn to 30% before I died. If I could get the last five levels on Yuel to unlock her fourth skill I could probably do it, but man that's a lot of exp to get. I've been on lvl 95 wit her for what feels like forever

MSMrRound

Thought Tales Of mobile app's 1/2 AP and 2x ExP event was over and was resigned to grind for remainder of levels (was lvl 27). Just went back to the game and now there's 1/2AP and TRIPLE exp. Welp.

If you guys wanna get Millia as a collab character there it is. They just made it so much easier.

Tip: for some reason I received a 5* Yuri Lowell in my Tales of Asteria inbox (which I didn't check for a bit). He can really carry the team if you feel some enemies are too strong.

whew, maxed the event book right before the tales event starts later tonight

didn't mlb the summon but whatever, i don't need a water summon and didn't get the 200 raid battle trophy cause i'm not crazy

------------------------------

looks like the new banner for the new tales collab is up

new characters are stahn, tear and elise
my guess is that stahn's a fire character, tear's a light and elise is a dark so same elements as the first collab lol
and if we're getting their character weapons as the big prize, a fire sword (again lol), a light staff (or harp) and a dark staff

CkQLeKhUgAMi76v.png

CkQLeKjUUAEZk2W.png

CkQLeKjVAAECVjT.png

Grzi

Not a single book drop, and I'll probably only get the first one through honors.
Will probably MLB the summon but I'm definitely not doing as good as I thought I will be for this event.

Still, I'm switching to my Magna summon soon, already at six Leviathan daggers but I want to skill them up some more to really feel the difference lol. Currently using Cocytus which gives a 40% attack boost.

Gizuko

I wanted Jude :< Specially if they could make (ToX spoilers, I guess)
Jude+Muzét
work. Can't wait to see how Teepo and Lyria/Vyrn interact though.

Chaos17

Farming day for me, need to uncapp many characters.
The light girl from Sakura event+Kaguya summon auto revive skill make the farming so much easier, lol

Edit: dman it, I didn't noticed the event of Tales of is out >_<

MicH

Just did three single draws with the crystals from the event.

1st draw: trash
2nd draw: Onyx Carbuncle - nice!
3rd draw: SSR Societte - whoa! A water SSR is so awesome!! I now have Silva, Katalina and Societte :D

So what's the tales event like? Is it like the Sakura Wars one? Where you can only buy 3 copies of a weapon and have to get the 4th as a drop?

Grzi

Just did three single draws with the crystals from the event.

1st draw: trash
2nd draw: Onyx Carbuncle - nice!
3rd draw: SSR Societte - whoa! A water SSR is so awesome!! I now have Silva, Katalina and Societte :D

Here comes MicH and his crazy gacha luck.

If I ever start playing the lottery you can expect a PM from me asking what numbers I should pick

Uthred

Oh my god, the chapter 62-4 bss. So much HP!!

I don't think I'm getting past this one lol. I need to clear chapter 63 to gain access to Black Knight's fate episodes lol

EDIT Got it dwn to 30% before I died. If I could get the last five levels on Yuel to unlock her fourth skill I could probably do it, but man that's a lot of exp to get. I've been on lvl 95 wit her for what feels like forever

I'm stuck here as well, got her down to ~20% but just cant seem to push past that

dennism

how do i start playing the tales of asteria thing? having used mills in the story, she looks really cool and i like her chain attack

Ultimadrago

looks like the new banner for the new tales collab is up

new characters are stahn, tear and elise
my guess is that stahn's a fire character, tear's a light and elise is a dark so same elements as the first collab lol
and if we're getting their character weapons as the big prize, a fire sword (again lol), a light staff (or harp) and a dark staff

Man, I hate Tear and Tales of the Abyss, I can only hope she's the one locked behind the Tales app next time, like Milla was for this one.

How do we link up with Asteria?

I'll second this question so I can jump on and begin grinding when I get done with work. According to other vets last time you just had to have a lvl 30 account and both apps on your iphone and there was a button in the GBF app that allowed you to unlock the char.

Is it the same this time?

How do we link up with Asteria?

I'll second this question so I can jump on and begin grinding when I get done with work. According to other vets last time you just had to have a lvl 30 account and both apps on your iphone and there was a button in the GBF app that allowed you to unlock the char.

Is it the same this time?

The linking process isn't up yet, the news mentioned that they will reveal it soon.

Should be the same though.

MSMrRound

oh, interesting.. isn't it the same as the game she's from?

Yea. Miyuki Sawashiro is pretty famous even among Japanese seiyuus.

She lent her voice to quite a huge variety of roles, with some of the more recognizable ones such as Sinon from Sword Art Online and more.

btw, i'm sure everyone loved Tales of Asteria but current speculation is that you might need to reach rank 40 (or higher) to get one of the new characters in the new Tales collab

Top Bottom