• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

2nd character Ive got from Rupie Draw
ClqlRiOXEAAjwEU.jpg

omlet

missed out on the daily mission too

too many extreme+ quests kept clogging my raid list :E
Event raid tab for this event is total shit. Today I've had two ex+ raids sit there at full health and expire (90 minutes each), blocking anything else from coming up for the entire time. Didn't get my daily nugget kills done, either.

Kortez

Neo Member
Event raid tab for this event is total shit. Today I've had two ex+ raids sit there at full health and expire (90 minutes each), blocking anything else from coming up for the entire time. Didn't get my daily nugget kills done, either.

Honestly the raid tabs in general are terrible. Probably my least favorite part of this game, you have low rank players clogging up the only 5 possible raid slots with 1 and 2 star raid bosses that I and from what I can tell nobody else wants to waste EP to fight, then you also have the raids for bosses you have no interest in farming clogging up the rest of the slots. They should make it so you can sort the raids you can view by level or color or something. It definitely need to be reworked, only being able to see 5 at a time and it doesn't reset until all the bosses are dead is a joke.

I highly suggest using Tweetdeck for finding specific fights. The in-game listing will get clogged up frequently especially during off-peak hours.

Tweetdeck search phrases courtesy of Xiei: http://xiei.moe/games/granblue-fant...2016-celestial-event-rise-of-all-four-beasts/

Code:
EXTREME
Lv60 朱雀 Zhuque/Suzaku
Lv60 玄武 Xuanwu/Genbu
Lv60 白虎 Baihu/Seiryu
Lv60 青龍 Qinglong/Byakko

EXTREME+
Lv90 アグニス Agnis
Lv90 ネプチューン Neptune
Lv90 ティターン Titan
Lv90 ゼピュロス Zephyrus

New Battles (Beware of trolls)
Lv100 黄龍 Huanglong
Lv100 黒麒麟 Qilin

omlet

Honestly the raid tabs in general are terrible. Probably my least favorite part of this game, you have low rank players clogging up the only 5 possible raid slots with 1 and 2 star raid bosses that I and from what I can tell nobody else wants to waste EP to fight, then you also have the raids for bosses you have no interest in farming clogging up the rest of the slots. They should make it so you can sort the raids you can view by level or color or something. It definitely need to be reworked, only being able to see 5 at a time and it doesn't reset until all the bosses are dead is a joke.

At least normal/hard mode raids don't last long (neither do omegas, either, really). Someone will usually pity-kill them or clear them out quickly for bonus renown or something. This is different because these ex+ bosses will sit here for over an hour and they're so strong it's not like the average player can just go polish them off in a matter of seconds to clear the tab out.

Using tweetdeck is a crapshot in this case, too, because if your team is on the lower end, you're best off hopping in nearly-dead raids and leeching a few hundred tokens, so you spend more time checking raid IDs for their progress to find a weakened one than actually fighting anything :x

Felessan

At least normal/hard mode raids don't last long (neither do omegas, either, really). Someone will usually pity-kill them or clear them out quickly for bonus renown or something. This is different because these ex+ bosses will sit here for over an hour and they're so strong it's not like the average player can just go polish them off in a matter of seconds to clear the tab out.

Using tweetdeck is a crapshot in this case, too, because if your team is on the lower end, you're best off hopping in nearly-dead raids and leeching a few hundred tokens, so you spend more time checking raid IDs for their progress to find a weakened one than actually fighting anything :x
This is because people don't want to help. They want to leech. That 1BP crowd. One average person will not make a difference. 10-15 of them will do. Bosses don't hit hard or anything, they are just fat beyond measure and having fight them alone will tire out you eventually.
It' so much different during last 25% hp of boss compared to first half... so I found it toxic, this system of "wait till 1 BP to join".
Having 4 different bosses out of which only 1 gives bonus doesn't help either.

Chaos17

I agree, that's why I stopped to held raids even the Extreme+, we were just like what, 4 people ? So I decided that I will held them later when I will be higher level than just been rank 50 with an average lvl of companions of lvl 50, lol So that I will be able to do some actual damages than just bruising the bosses.

Anyway, I decided to focus on dagger for now since I'm low level.

Cls9u7SWIAAcIjH.jpg

Gnna take sometime to grind 30k for a weap :x

How often does this event come around? After a whole night I only got around 3,000 tokens. Probably will just get the dagger for now and call that good enough.

omlet

This is because people don't want to help. They want to leech. That 1BP crowd. One average person will not make a difference. 10-15 of them will do. Bosses don't hit hard or anything, they are just fat beyond measure and having fight them alone will tire out you eventually.
It' so much different during last 25% hp of boss compared to first half... so I found it toxic, this system of "wait till 1 BP to join".
Having 4 different bosses out of which only 1 gives bonus doesn't help either.

The problem is that the rewards are disproportionate. For someone with a team around the power of mine, regular ex is a struggle and I can barely dent ex+ so why would I spend 5 BP and up to an hour 'helping' in ex+ to end up with around 500 tokens when I could get almost the same amount of tokens by joining late on an ex+ and just suicide attacking for a fraction of the time, effort, and BP?

Felessan

The problem is that the rewards are disproportionate. For someone with a team around the power of mine, regular ex is a struggle and I can barely dent ex+ so why would I spend 5 BP and up to an hour 'helping' in ex+ to end up with around 500 tokens when I could get almost the same amount of tokens by joining late on an ex+ and just suicide attacking for a fraction of the time, effort, and BP?
I understands that people will be egoistic and will try maximize their own reward - so I call system toxic and not the people. Event should reward those who join early, even if they can help only a little.
Otherwise it quickly go down to vicious circle - even people with average power will wait for 1BP and ignore 5BP raids. Because although several of them can easily clear raid, being stuck with only a few member - and you have a high chance of failure (and failure eat time and BP and gives you zero reward). So people starts avoiding 5BP raids at all, which further worsen success rates of those and lead even more people out of 5BP raids.
I see crowds of Lvl 100+ people joining at 1BP, who can dash out 3 times more damage than I in a single round. Still 1BP raids is a way to go - they are fast and reasonably rewarding. 5BP raids - no thanks, as more than half of them ends with failure.

Personally I would like to help with those 5BP raids even if I'll get less rewards than simple 1BP spam. But not when raids are consistently failing and I get absolutely nothing for my time spent.

Shun

Nothing for Light/Dark, guess I'll be shooting for the gold bar.

That's not true, Kirin red boxes drop Hihiirokane. Ouryuu drops Silver Centrums from their red box.

It's just hard and rare to find and host one since it's a long and difficult multi battle.

Quonny

not a single person joined the raid.. for a game that boasts 10 millions downloads, this happens a whole lot..

Because it's not worth it and horribly balanced.

EX+ is a waste unless you're either super strong, have a guild to back you up (requires LINE or Discord), or you can get in at 1 EP.

Because it's not worth it and horribly balanced.

EX+ is a waste unless you're either super strong, have a guild to back you up (requires LINE or Discord), or you can get in at 1 EP.

some times, extreme feels the same too

if you aren't lucky enough to get people to join or are able to get the boss to half hp by yourself, it could end up unfinished cause no one joins

Quonny

if you aren't lucky enough to get people to join or are able to get the boss to half hp by yourself, it could end up unfinished cause no one joins

I just bumrush Baihu on my own and tweetdeck the others. Only way to get anything done.

MicH

Join the GAF Granblue Discord and ask for help when you just it. No one wants to join an EX+ that is still at full HP with 30 minutes left

Yeah I joined the extreme raids, no one came. Ill just not join unless they already have five+ people.

Otherwise Ill spend my BP on normal raids that give pendents.

Discount draw SR mary this morning, more fire love.

Felessan

I settled down to 3BP fights. ~1400 pendants (with bonus) for 3BP and much less hussle in spending BP.

In the other news Kagli is @50k till 100 and I am 170 rainbow prisms away from Sorn. Thursday will be long. This brighten my frustration with 5BP raids.

Unlikely. Just don't forget that you can call for help (and it will be posted to different group of people) every 10 minutes.

captainpat

This event more than anything is making me hate raids. In a regular raid I could just worry about get the minimum amount of honors but this one has multiplier and I could meets the requirement for some higher multipliers if rank +100 players weren't jumping in and wiping the boss in two turns.

Pere

Neo Member
help anyone? agni extreme+, no one is coming..

09B3C8B6.. got one of his minion to like 40% lel

I guess you are comfortable? i just got home and i couldn't join sooner :( i'm wind but i'm sure we could have at least weakened him to make it more appealing for others.

And yeah EX+ aren't very exciting to join, they have a crapton HP and you will only really get a ""good"" reward if you are able to damage it for a few millions because that way the battle multiplier can go up to x9. In another EX+ i finished the combat @300k honors and i got about 2.5k four symbols. IT is a long fight tho.

demidar

That's not true, Kirin red boxes drop Hihiirokane. Ouryuu drops Silver Centrums from their red box.

It's just hard and rare to find and host one since it's a long and difficult multi battle.

Those names are unfamiliar to me. They're not Ex+ bosses are they? I hosted one and it didn't so so well.

I just bumrush Baihu on my own and tweetdeck the others. Only way to get anything done.

I can at least take down an Extreme boss to 25% health, which is usually enough to prompt others to come in and finish the job for 1EP.

dennism

I guess you are comfortable? i just got home and i couldn't join sooner :( i'm wind but i'm sure we could have at least weakened him to make it more appealing for others.

And yeah EX+ aren't very exciting to join, they have a crapton HP and you will only really get a ""good"" reward if you are able to damage it for a few millions because that way the battle multiplier can go up to x9. In another EX+ i finished the combat @300k honors and i got about 2.5k four symbols. IT is a long fight tho.

yeah, that was me. thanks for joining tho. and yeah, they have a shitload of HP, couldnt even kill one of his minions.. and i used a full pot too

dennism

they need to do something about these events, feels like they're trying to make content that is more towards super veteran players.. like defense order and this event, just bosses and fights with a ton of HP and in defense order, very limited time.

they need to do something about these events, feels like they're trying to make content that is more towards super veteran players.. like defense order and this event, just bosses and fights with a ton of HP and in defense order, very limited time.

Celestials have been around for so long already, what are you even talking about?

They even made getting the Gold bar in the Celestial event easier for newer players....

Felessan

Defense Order is ok, Last time I won (it was in prime-time) - there were 9k people on last boss and we finished it having 8 mins remaining. Was fast and smooth.
The problem is when it's not a prime time. They should make it scalable to "expected online" for given time slot.

4 beasts at once really hurt this event. It wasn't so bad last time when we had only Suzaku, at least Agni was popular. Now 4 EX+ conflict for the same 5 slots in raid choices window and it became messy.

the last celestial event wasn't bad at all

having all 4 elements going on at once and everyone and their mothers starting extreme+ raids are what's making it terrible

the new system of giving bonus points for a certain element during a period of time is good, until you realize its only two groups get the same element boost and i assume every other pairs of groups gets a different element points up, so you still get your raid list filled with junk

Top Bottom