• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Ok, I've pinpointed why I liked this event so much. It has many of the recruitable crew members interacting with each other rather than only with the main cast (Kat, Io, Vyrn, Lyria, etc.)

The Vira and Lowain scenes were great.

captainpat

Colo farming is getting aggravating. I've gotten flips on 5 of the last 7 raids I'm hosts. 3 Colo summons, 1 katana, and 1 gun. The staff always eludes me.

Grzi

What's the difference between Summons that raise the attack of an element, for instance dark attack and Summons that raise (dark) allies' attack, like Diablo?

I'm thinking of running an impromptu dark team since I got Forte and Vaseraga with my last pull (Zaja will probably be the third character since he can defend stuff lol) and I'm curious to know if Diablo would be useful for starters.

Gizuko

What's the difference between Summons that raise the attack of an element, for instance dark attack and Summons that raise (dark) allies' attack, like Diablo?

I'm thinking of running an impromptu dark team since I got Forte and Vaseraga with my last pull (Zaja will probably be the third character since he can defend stuff lol) and I'm curious to know if Diablo would be useful for starters.

Allies' type (usually called character summons) add their multiplier to the "normal weapon modifier" part of the equation, while elemental summons have a separate multiplier (elemental buffs like carbuncle's also go there).

As always, you can check the summon/weapon optimisation guide for more info about it.

Grzi

Thanks!

I'm thinking of throwing another Bahamut weapon in my pool. I have the dagger but the 10% boost to health and attack from the sword (at slv1) could do more for me than my SR Levi dagger at slv4. I kind of regret skipping the Four Beasts event and not getting the Axe, but I'm trying to do other stuff to my weapon pool until I can get it again. So I'm thinking of getting a Baha sword and the event Katana (med att + small hp boost) which should make a difference for the simple fact that it can be MLB'd so it would probably improve my overall damage. Trying to get rid of the three SR magna weapons still in my pool. How stupid is my idea?

So Guild War returns this weekend on Saturday. There are free slots on Cypher and Fantasy and both are aiming to be serious in this GW.

If anyone's interested in being serious in this GW and can contribute with 10+ million points then do post here or contact us on Discord.

omlet

I'm thinking of throwing another Bahamut weapon in my pool. I have the dagger but the 10% boost to health and attack from the sword (at slv1) could do more for me than my SR Levi dagger at slv4. I kind of regret skipping the Four Beasts event and not getting the Axe, but I'm trying to do other stuff to my weapon pool until I can get it again. So I'm thinking of getting a Baha sword and the event Katana (med att + small hp boost) which should make a difference for the simple fact that it can be MLB'd so it would probably improve my overall damage. Trying to get rid of the three SR magna weapons still in my pool. How stupid is my idea?

I run double baha in my grid and will probably do so for quite a while while building up skill levels on other weapons. It's only one horn. Try it out. Especially if you have SRs still in your pool.

Grzi

So Guild War returns this weekend on Saturday. There are free slots on Cypher and Fantasy and both are aiming to be serious in this GW.

If anyone's interested in being serious in this GW and can contribute with 10+ million points then do post here or contact us on Discord.

I'm interested in joining. I think I could do 10 mil, even though I can't guarantee it. I'm only rank 70 but I'm pretty serious about playing so I'll try my best. My guild is dead and I really want a new one so...

Here's what I'm working with (Forte is here just to get exp and Altair will replace Charlotta in the main team):
XFMrRBb.jpg

X4SWMc6.jpg

I think I could do ok, unless it's an earth gw.

Gizuko

How many 1/2 ap potions did it take to get the target score last time around? (Regarding GW)

please be fire! we havent had a fire boss since street fighter collab it feels like

Probably not. Either wind, dark or light, since fire happened before water and earth. Although theresachance.gif

Thanks!

Taking out those SR weapons is not a bad idea, but it's better if you check out the damage calculator first. It's in english now, change language at the bottom of the page.

Also, remember to try both double omega and omega + elemental setups, since numbers vary a bit between both.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
How many 1/2 ap potions did it take to get the target score last time around? (Regarding GW)

Probably not. Either wind, dark or light, since fire happened before water and earth. Although theresachance.gif

Taking out those SR weapons is not a bad idea, but it's better if you check out the damage calculator first. It's in english now, change language at the bottom of the page.

Also, remember to try both double omega and omega + elemental setups, since numbers vary a bit between both.
This damage calculator is neat but I don't know how to use the entirety of the left hand side. Idk what each portion is.

Dammit I think I just used up my luck for the summer. Drew Ebisu really early in the first box, reset it, and just drew it again on the very next pull. Would have rather had rngesus on my side for a legfest draw!

Wtf noooo just 20 pulls after resetting the second box and I got another damn Ebisu! I should have used that rng on a character draw!
That's not how it works is it

chrono01

Finally! Time to use all of those AP pots!

(I'll remember to send out raid requests only to guild members this time. :/)

Gizuko

This damage calculator is neat but I don't know how to use the entirety of the left hand side. Idk what each portion is.

Job attack bonus is your current EMP/ZP attack bonus (I think).

Master bonus is your job mastery bonus - check it here: party>classes>bonuses tab (scroll down a bit).

Airship bonus is a guild-wide buff (I always assume it's 0%).

Element advantage refers to weather your party's element is strong or weak against an enemy's.

HP/max HP might be there to help take enmity /last stand multipliers into account.

Summon aura is where you can input the type of summon you use and borrow - I'm not sure why there's 2 rows per, though.

I might have some wrong, but that's what I understood they mean.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Job attack bonus is your current EMP/ZP attack bonus (I think).

Master bonus is your job mastery bonus - check it here: party>classes>bonuses tab (scroll down a bit).

Airship bonus is a guild-wide buff (I always assume it's 0%).

Element advantage refers to weather your party's element is strong or weak against an enemy's.

HP/max HP might be there to help take enmity /last stand multipliers into account.

Summon aura is where you can input the type of summon you use and borrow - I'm not sure why there's 2 rows per, though.

I might have some wrong, but that's what I understood they mean.

Thanks!

Looks like they will be available until August 31 too. They're released tomorrow, but there's no rate up legend fest going on so it's still best to wait?

Grzi

So I switched out a weapon and I want to use it as fodder but it's shown as still being equipped no matter what I do. How do I solve this?

Noi

I'm just 100k honor away from hitting 3M; but still haven't drawn Ebisu from the 2nd drawbox (with less than 60 items left in it).

This is the worst.

It took 4 hours for rabbit to finally drop a gold chest for me at TH8...and it was a whorl.

I knew i should have retreated lol

Oh well, will try my luck at DO for black rabbit now or wait for the rabbit event.

Felessan

I am farming rabbit when I have spare AP. Go with Mushroom girl (x2 preferably) and hawkeye with Oliver.
Don't expect much from it, eventually it'll drop. And I am free from choosing where to spend AP outside strike time.

chrono01

I am farming rabbit when I have spare AP. Go with Mushroom girl (x2 preferably) and hawkeye with Oliver.
Don't expect much from it, eventually it'll drop. And I am free from choosing where to spend AP outside strike time.

Mushroom girl doesn't affect rabbit's appearance. Go with a rabbit support instead if you can.

cress2000

Code:
[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/9038ddd9c2eef4f347c098493d073047.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you, gods.

I also got Walder.

It took three of the 10 pulls I was saving for Legfes...

Alright, I lucked out and got an Ebisu as a boss drop. Now I'm wondering if it's worth it to get 300 gold badges for the 4th Swordfish for MLB or skip it and use the others as fodder. It's the only SSR water katana that exists I think so I'm not sure. :/

Noi

Totally flubbed a 10 pull where all I got were two SR dragons, but at least got Katalina three single draw tickets later. I'm ok with this.

Edit:

I hope box #3 doesnt end the same way

Yaari

they are here until august 31st

there will probably be two legfes by then so feel free to save your pulls if you don't trust 3% SSR rates

Do note that even though 3% rates arent exciting, the odds dont become much better when the SSRs share the same rates as all the other ones.

I do think legfest is more rewarding if people need much more SSRs, which should be the case for most people here.

demidar

Do note that even though 3% rates arent exciting, the odds dont become much better when the SSRs share the same rates as all the other ones.

I do think legfest is more rewarding if people need much more SSRs, which should be the case for most people here.

I'm torn between saving up for Legfes and Halloween.

Top Bottom