• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Rarutos

I'm personally expecting all my free pulls to be characterless Rs/SRs and summons. I got an SR weapon for my pull today, characterless of course. :')

Wow, barely cleared DO just now. Literally seconds away from failure. I think some JP players in DO chat were blaming Pokemon Go for the almost-fail.

b69485b165d71c138827ef633803fd8f.png

I think if I didn't miss DOs due to playing Pokemon Go myself, I would be rank 2. Now I gotta wait until after GW is done to rank up. :|

Uthred

Got Summer De la Fille with today's pull, not really "after" anyone in particular so just happy to get a SSR. Might use it as an excuse to get her figure ;)

Uthred

So buffed my ATK, Debuff Success and Double Attack to max on my Dark Fencer. Considering spending my ZP on Extended mastery skills next but I'm wondering do they take the place of your usual 3+Subskill or do they function like support skills? Because the DF ones seem a bit shit. Might just use ZP on HP instead.

Probably a stupid question... but does the Chevalier Sword actually drop? I've gotten multiples of its other SSR weapon drops but not a single sword.

Merun

So buffed my ATK, Debuff Success and Double Attack to max on my Dark Fencer. Considering spending my ZP on Extended mastery skills next but I'm wondering do they take the place of your usual 3+Subskill or do they function like support skills? Because the DF ones seem a bit shit. Might just use ZP on HP instead.

Or keep your ZP. Tier 4 classes will eat them like candy because of their ex skill.

Probably a stupid question... but does the Chevalier Sword actually drop? I've gotten multiples of its other SSR weapon drops but not a single sword.

Yes it drops. I got one from drop.

Yaari

It's pretty rare. I'm one gun removed from completing 5 3* chev guns. (And I must have gotten around 40-50 SSR drops total from chev) None of those drops was ever a sword.

Then there's some lucky guy by the name of Sabin, who has found 11 of those swords. Ugh.

Li Kao

Again with the noobie questions, sorry (the ultimate guide is a little intimidating)...

- I didn't study the crew system yet, what is it exactly ? Some form of guild system ? Can crews be large ? Is there a Gaf crew or many ? I see the Unite & Fight event is a crew event and I really need a primer on that subsystem.

- How do you upgrade weapons' skill level ?

Uthred

Are people saving for the 900 valor pack or going for the 275? While the chance is low the fact you can get gold bars elsewhere makes me think the 275 (and leveling up Bahamut) is probably the way I'll go

omlet

Again with the noobie questions, sorry (the ultimate guide is a little intimidating)...

- I didn't study the crew system yet, what is it exactly ? Some form of guild system ? Can crews be large ? Is there a Gaf crew or many ? I see the Unite & Fight event is a crew event and I really need a primer on that subsystem.

- How do you upgrade weapons' skill level ?

- Crew is like a guild. They have a 30 member limit. There are multiple GAF crews due to this limit. Unite & Fight is an event where crews score honor points and vie against other crews for more honor points in a series of several rounds. Even if your crew doesn't qualify for the finals you can still fight the event battles for your own personal benefit (medals, honors, and tokens).

- To upgrade weapons' skills you need to use other weapons with skill levels of 1 or greater as Upgrade fodder. Review this http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/595/weapon-summon-optimisation-progression for details. In particular, look at the chart that shows optimal fodder for different skill levels.

Pics_nao

Don't even know how many pulls into this box I'm in and still no axe. Goddammit. I can handle the eyes just fine solo but the dogs take too long even with my crew. I just wanna get my first guild wars character ;-;

MicH

Are people saving for the 900 valor pack or going for the 275? While the chance is low the fact you can get gold bars elsewhere makes me think the 275 (and leveling up Bahamut) is probably the way I'll go
Need those summon stones, so 275!

Li Kao

- Crew is like a guild. They have a 30 member limit. There are multiple GAF crews due to this limit. Unite & Fight is an event where crews score honor points and vie against other crews for more honor points in a series of several rounds. Even if your crew doesn't qualify for the finals you can still fight the event battles for your own personal benefit (medals, honors, and tokens).

- To upgrade weapons' skills you need to use other weapons with skill levels of 1 or greater as Upgrade fodder. Review this http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/595/weapon-summon-optimisation-progression for details. In particular, look at the chart that shows optimal fodder for different skill levels.

Thank you very much ! That being said I... still don't understand weapons' skills, shit is deep O_O
Maybe at the stage I'm at, meaning still with a lot of R weapons, this is not really a priority.

On another note, I don't want to annoy anyone here but I feel it could be the right place to ask for a crew, so as mentioned in the spreadsheet...

Li Kao / Li Kao / 12048418 / C / GMT+1 / 24 / Ebisu / Eagerly awaiting new friends

omlet

Thank you very much ! That being said I... still don't understand weapons' skills, shit is deep O_O
Maybe at the stage I'm at, meaning still with a lot of R weapons, this is not really a priority.
Don't skill up R weapons.

Work on leeching Omega raids with your EP and you will get some SR/SSR weapons eventually. Also tackle events to the extent you can stomach, and the rewards make sense. If you're so early in the game that you're still using R weapons on your grid, you'll be pretty limited on what you can do. Generally weapons with skills that boost attack of the element you use are the ones worth skilling up.

Probably a good idea is push forward in story mode as far as you can and do some co-op and free quest completions for crystals. Next time a legfes (aka a Gala in English version, with double SSR draw rates) comes around, do as many draws as you can and you'll at least get some SRs that might be useful.

Early game you'll just be relying on summons and a mixture of whatever weapons you have for raw stats. As you progress you'll want to pick one or two elements to focus on so as not to spread yourself so thin that you can't make appreciable progress.

Li Kao

Don't skill up R weapons.

Work on leeching Omega raids with your EP and you will get some SR/SSR weapons eventually. Also tackle events to the extent you can stomach, and the rewards make sense. If you're so early in the game that you're still using R weapons on your grid, you'll be pretty limited on what you can do. Generally weapons with skills that boost attack of the element you use are the ones worth skilling up.

Probably a good idea is push forward in story mode as far as you can and do some co-op and free quest completions for crystals. Next time a legfes (aka a Gala in English version, with double SSR draw rates) comes around, do as many draws as you can and you'll at least get some SRs that might be useful.

Early game you'll just be relying on summons and a mixture of whatever weapons you have for raw stats. As you progress you'll want to pick one or two elements to focus on so as not to spread yourself so thin that you can't make appreciable progress.

Yeah I suspected that I was a little early for the skill lvl race. But I can't play the solo, there are too many events ! I farm events to obtain whatever cool item I can, then burnout for 1-2 days and then, bam, another fucking event ^o^

captainpat

Pretty much have gotten garbage pulls so far and I take advantage of that daily 90gc deal. Got a little excited when one of the crystals was yellow but it turned out to be a sr summon.

chrono01

Congratulations to GAFCypher and Fantasy for qualifying to finals!

Man, that was some intense last 2 hours!!
This is really...really cool to see.

GAF, taking over the world of Granblue! Congratulations to us both. :)

Got an SSR from todays free premium draw ^_^
And congrats to you.

So far I've pulled a single SR, that's it. It's all good though, saving my luck for the LegFes at the end of the month!

Li Kao

Are the summer SSR supposed to be better than their normal counterpart ? The game threw me a summer Eugen as a free draw yesterday.

Are the summer SSR supposed to be better than their normal counterpart ? The game threw me a summer Eugen as a free draw yesterday.

Well, yeah. The free story mode characters are actually pretty bad except for Katalina and maybe Io.

Swimsuit Kata almost the same except that she has a much better heal (1200 cap instead of 500) and slightly better stats.

chrono01

I want summer Katalina just for her outfit, so I can put it on my SSR Katalina. <3

I got swimsuit Tanya today with my free pull, finally something of use! It's a shame that she doesn't have an SSR though, I love her design.

Any GAFCypher member who are not on discord, please do get on there. Communication is vital, and also make sure you don't open your raids to non-crew members.

We will be hosting nightmare battle at 11:30 pm JST.

Top Bottom