• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

First time for me that I encounter a high level leeching me... gone afk until the end.

CrL6JChWEAEIJVK.jpg

What the HELL is that thing you're fighting in that screenshot? Is that the event boss? It's made from giant children's wooden construction pieces lol

Liseda

What the HELL is that thing you're fighting in that screenshot? Is that the event boss? It's made from giant children's wooden construction pieces lol
It's the very hard boss from this event yeah.

I really hope the upcoming DO-event wont have some insane requirements for the outfit...

Gizuko

Water bows are messed up. I know, I know, it's old news, but I need to rant anyway.

I stopped grinding Fenrir at 1 MLB and 1 0s, duue to time constraints, so I thought I'd save that 0s bow for future reruns, but just today I ran some calcs using my new Varuna (0s mind you) and it turns out it basically puts my Levi dagger build to shame (and I'm sitting at 3x3s and 3x2s daggers).

In the end, until I 4s more daggers (I don't even want to run the calcs right now) I'm better off using Varuna with 2 or 3 Leviathan daggers (depending on wether I use Gleipnir or not).

I should actually be pretty happy right now, because I managed to considerably improve my water build without any extra grind, and can focus on other elements for a while, but I still can't stop feeling a bit toubled over the extra daggers I farmed, that will never be used (most likely, even at 4s, I'll only use 4-5).

Phew.

I was gonna do another 10 pull for cash today to try for the new characters, but I just now lost three rounds of Beanboozled in a row and I think it's convinced me that I'm just unlucky at games. Also, I'm an idiot and I now need to go gargle 5L of water and some listerine. Never again.

i got dark saru out of my pulls so far in the 2nd half of legfes

sure, he blows up chev into tiny little pieces with zoey but still feels like i got a boobie prize

i was also excited for a new fire summon until i saw it was a atk up over turns that caps at 100% AND seems to be only 5% up per turn so fire gets shafted again

Pics_nao

Man, I've had the worst fucking luck this legfest. 85 pulls total. One SSR that's a dupe Medusa. My last SSR was a dupe Anubis too. I hate this feeling

Ultimadrago

Man, I've had the worst fucking luck this legfest. 85 pulls total. One SSR that's a dupe Medusa. My last SSR was a dupe Anubis too. I hate this feeling

But you keep coming back for more. :(

Sorry to hear for real though, off 85 rolls, I'd be quite mad/sad. Did you at least get some decent amount of moons from it?

I just want Black Knight ;_;

Question about class outfits for the player. Can you choose any outfit to wear from a class you maxed out? Like Sidewinder wearing an Arcana outfit? Or is it only for related classes, like Sidewinder wearing an Archer suit?

Strimei

Hahaha, that event.

"Puzzles ? Screw you, I'm going to solve them with brute force!"
Barawa philosophy

I hate to say I failed at
puzzle #3. Think it was 3. The one with the number of triangles in each picture. I just couldn't figure out how many in the last one!

Anyways, got lucky with my event roll, got the SSR Summon on my third one, yay~

Solved first puzzle, not sure why. Nice Layton ref btw.
About Ferry in the event: (story mode spoilers)
She's STILL looking for her sister ?!! I only have story Ferry so I don't know what the SSR version fate episodes have to say about this, but didn't Drank imply in the story mode that he was Ferry's sister's grandson? (explaining why he helped out so much during that segment). I mean, of course she could still be alive, that's true, but it did sort of sound like she might have passed away after many decades since the island was first cursed by Celeste... mh.

edit: I also failed at the triangles. So annoyed. I'm quite sure I tried all combinations too, even counting interlaced and outer triangles... so frustrating. Fortunately Barowa prevails with his trusty fists.

edit edit: I... can't believe this. I was battling the event BOSS boss, and Barowa... did the thing. The thing his R can also do, but he never does. The "up to 100 000%" damage thing. I wish I'd been recording, I was so suprised... the Boss's HP bar just went... to about 5% maybe ? hard to say. In one strike. I need to lie down.

There's something I'm not culturally understanding in the Barawa event. In Barawa's speech (i.e. not the text), he refers to everyone with the -kun honorific, even all the female characters. Is there a reason for this?

I just want Black Knight ;_;

Question about class outfits for the player. Can you choose any outfit to wear from a class you maxed out? Like Sidewinder wearing an Arcana outfit? Or is it only for related classes, like Sidewinder wearing an Archer suit?

only within the job line

omlet

There's something I'm not culturally understanding in the Barawa event. In Barawa's speech (i.e. not the text), he refers to everyone with the -kun honorific, even all the female characters. Is there a reason for this?

Generally speaking, -kun is a suffix for addressing juniors, but specifically in this case the Japanese translations of Sherlock Holmes (or at least when it's referenced in media), instead of "My dear Watson" it's "Watson-kun" so Barawa's speech is probably a reference to that.

wilstreak

Noob question.

If i am just starting out. What should i focus on to make me stronger?
Currently at Chapter 8.
Can't even finish violet Trial in Normal difficulty without using potion.

my class is Sentinel. Team Katalina, Rackham and SSR Vira. Summon Bahamuth.

Tbh aside from upgrading my weapon, summon and class level, not sure what else to do.
Is it right to just focus on leveling up SSR and SR Weapon?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Noob question.

Currently at Chapter 8.

Tbh aside from upgrading my weapon, summon and class level, not sure what else to do.

Get on discord yooooo

Minotaur

Neo Member
Is there anything worth getting in the event draw boxes? I just got the treant but I dont know if I should reset the box or not.

Hahahah you go Ippatsu destroy the rAAAAAAAAamEn! tower

edit: I am NEVER removing that SR Barowa from my fire party. EVER. As minuscule as the chance for it happening is, that 100 000% damage skill thing is just TOO powerful. He just did it again, once more against the Treant boss. Ridiculous damage, Yoda would break his fishing pole in shame. Pulling these off sort of evens out the disappointment from my earlier failed whaling roll.

Chaos17

Noob question.

Currently at Chapter 8.

Here's a guide for new comers, it will give you an overall idea of how you will progress in game but keep it in mind that depending of your luck, your progresion will be faster or slower.

http://xiei.moe/games/granblue-fantasy/granblue-fantasy-progression-guide-ver-alpha/

But to resume simply, at your level you should not worry too much because your goal is to farm crystals through story and events.
Spend your EP by leeching raids and that's it.
Do that until next legfest (2 x SSR rate up) wich happen so far every month.
Because depending of your luck, it will tell you which element will be your main and second.

If you want to absolutly focus on an secondary element by farming normal raids/trials (at rank 30+), then farm wind element first because of this:
Building a wind grid is as straightforward as it gets, drop rates for wind weapons are in line with other main elements, and wind has the easiest access to early-game summons
http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/1678/condensed-beginners-guide-granblue-fantasy

3Kaze

Such a lust for Defense Order, I can't get into any battle, it's full the second they start. I've also never seen bosses die so fast.

3Kaze

Your best chance to access any battle would be when Japan is sleeping, I only managed to participate in the final fight. I did jack shit but got the SSR summon at least.
My group just finished with a whole 10 minutes left, and it could have ended much faster if it didn't feel like playing underwater.

Dragner

Yai the Yoda carry. Took MVP on the 2 wooden thingies on the event against a rank 125 xD. I know eventually he wont cut it. But is funny do a limit with 12k damage and then duddenly all that 9s and thing dead.

Yai the Yoda carry. Took MVP on the 2 wooden thingies on the event against a rank 125 xD. I know eventually he wont cut it. But is funny do a limit with 12k damage and then duddenly all that 9s and thing dead.

Yoda will still help you out a lot later on to cut down farming time drastically, when you need to do low level Summon battles or event battles. He remains useful, just not in HL battles.

I remember there being a limit on how high it'll go, at least from the event fight he was in that.

It is limited, that's why Ippatsu is first in the party. Otherwise the stack wouldn't reach the top of the screen.

As always Falk is late to everything, or thinks he is clever by pretending that he is 2 months late by recycling a joke.

By some miracle, I managed to finish my current Defense Order. I definitely can't get those event skins, no way I can earn 200 shields per run with or without bonuses. I did get Milia once though, so she went in my profile summons dark slot to help anyone running dark, should be more useful than my Brunnhilde :p

Dragner

Theres any way to add Japan google play cards on non japanese accounts?. Every tutorial I find is outdated or it simply doesnt work.

alben

Neo Member
You can win points using DO items, every item gives 40 points, if you use 5 (they have to be different types) you get 200 point without even attacking

Top Bottom