• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

wilstreak

this game has to be the most complex F2P game i have every played.

So decide to play yesterday, yet try to reroll 3 times and got only 1 R unit in all of them. Seeing as this game has progress very far, i thought 1 SSR or SR is needed.

After the tutorial, i can summon 10 premium draw for free in the first 24 hour, but i only got a bunch of weapon and 1 character only. Is this how drawing work in Granblue, 1 character for each 10 weapon.

Try to read wiki but still didn't understand the game mechanism.

Btw, if any of you guys have unused starter account with SSR, i would appreciate it (gonna buy you a Coke through Paypal. lol) . Thank you.

Are the Summer characters rotated out in about 30 minutes?
I think I remember that they were switching out Summer characters in favour
of new characters during LegFes but I can't find anything official to confirm this.
Wondering if I should try one last 10-pull...

MicH

Are the Summer characters rotated out in about 30 minutes?
I think I remember that they were switching out Summer characters in favour
of new characters during LegFes but I can't find anything official to confirm this.
Wondering if I should try one last 10-pull...
No, they're in the gacha for another 24 hours - then they're removed until next year

Yaari

this game has to be the most complex F2P game i have every played.

So decide to play yesterday, yet try to reroll 3 times and got only 1 R unit in all of them. Seeing as this game has progress very far, i thought 1 SSR or SR is needed.

After the tutorial, i can summon 10 premium draw for free in the first 24 hour, but i only got a bunch of weapon and 1 character only. Is this how drawing work in Granblue, 1 character for each 10 weapon.

Try to read wiki but still didn't understand the game mechanism.

Btw, if any of you guys have unused starter account with SSR, i would appreciate it (gonna buy you a Coke through Paypal. lol) . Thank you.

That first roll is rigged. You need to continue past it, and then in the "Draw" section you can find a free pull. There's also another one but its been so long, I forgot how to grab that.
https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php/Rerolling

This might help. I'd try it now as there's some rare units available and they're more likely to appear

No, they're in the gacha for another 24 hours - then they're removed until next year

Alright, thanks a bunch for the info! So actually, we'll only see new characters in 24 hours. Mmmmmh...
I wish 10-pulls were just SLIGHTLY less expensive... Buying anything outside of Surprise Ticket seems
like a rip-off, not to mention those beautiful Gacha odds.

Gizuko

I've been playing this casually for about a month now, without doing a ton of reading or research, but I think I'm starting to get to the point where I need to look more closely at team setups and what I need to focus on to develop.

I just looted Mahisha, the SSR Light summon from this current event. My previous (only) SSR was the Earth summon Cybele, and I've been using a mostly earth team up to this point. I also pulled the SSR earth char Arulumaya during this event.

Is Mahisha any good or should I just plug him in as a stat stick and keep banging away with Earth? At a glance his ability looks situational to me, but I don't really have much basis for comparison or any knowledge of team building.

Use him as a stat stick until you get something better, Mahisha really isn't a good main summon at all. GW-related summons are usually reduced (don't do this for now, since it's a bit expensive) or used as a stat stick by newer players.

So, keep going earth if that's what you picked, unless you have better light characters. Summons usually don't dictate which element you build since they are much less important than characters and weapon grid -unless you roll a 100% summon (Lucifer, Bahamut, maybe bonito) or Grande.

And even in those cases, if you are invested in an element or don't have good characters, you can simply save them for later use.

Dragner

Noob reporting, Downloaded the game yesterday and have been rerolling a bit. After sometime I got my first SSR unit. Danua. I check some tier list and she is listed as okish, not great, not terrible. Should keep rerolling while rate for SSR is up or is ok to start with her?.I want a unit that can perform if I get to the late game.

Verelios

Noob reporting, Downloaded the game yesterday and have been rerolling a bit. After sometime I got my first SSR unit. Danua. I check some tier list and she is listed as okish, not great, not terrible. Should keep rerolling while rate for SSR is up or is ok to start with her?.I want a unit that can perform if I get to the late game.
Depends. Are you okay sticking with that element? I'd reroll for a strong main element core character like fire and wind (These are just my preference) since you can always build up the team with good SR's for it. Then again, it doesn't exactly matter in the long run starting out, since you might pull a great character later (okay, this...isn't something to bet on) and getting crystals during now, starting out during legfestival should be easy to roll 10s.

Uh, so, you could hold off and try a ten pull or re-roll now and go through with that account. It's perfectly okay to go with Danua, it's just that S-A SSR's are a lot better down the line and Dark is suffering.

Trust me mate, my first team was Light since I picked up Sophia. I'm Fire now.

Keep rerolling.

chrono01

Danua really isn't anything special, and her being a dark-type (one of the two most difficult teams to build for, the other being light) means she'll be difficult for someone just starting out. When many of us re-rolled, we did so during LegFes (as you're doing) and aimed for either one of the LegFes-exclusive summons (Bahamut, Lucifer, Grande Order) or characters (Katalina, Rackam, etc.). I know they've since instituted ways to stop/prevent numerous re-rolling (via IP bans), so I'm not sure how easy it is to re-roll now.

Personally, if Danua was my only/starting SSR, I'd re-roll. As I said, she's not an amazing character and would be difficult to plan a team around. If you do continue re-rolling, and get a LegFes-exclusive character or summon, KEEP IT! Honestly, if I got any of the summer units, such as Zooey, Zeta, Heles, etc., I'd just go ahead with them too, even though Heles/Zeta are light and difficult to find weapon pools for.

Basically, Danua isn't exactly "bad", but if you're re-rolling, I'd aim for something a little more but that's just me. Again, not sure how difficult re-rolling is for new accounts right now, so that might impact your decision. :(

Chaos17

You can since drop rate have been upped for now. Getting an SSR char is advised if you want to reroll but don't abuse too much since your email/IP can get banned.

Edit: just tried to reroll for the fun of it and I got an R, lol
Rerolled 3 time and got twice an R only, lmao! Other one was an SR.

This Fate episode guest stars Whoopi Goldberg.

8bda7e588b5a02194136df619cd073c1.png

Not with ten-pulls from Surprise Tickets, and the daily ticket rewards we get sometimes. I also have a lot of story content I've yet to work through, as well as Fate quests.

It won't be an easy road, but I'm going to tread forward.

What daily ticket? You only get one ticket and one set of crystals a week. This 120 crystals and free draw ends sept 5th.

You have to save 90000 crystsls. So in 6 months one needs to be earning 500 crystals daily. I dont see how thats possible .

Uthred

I can usually manage 6-9K crystals a month and thats with most of the "easy" crystals gone, you could probably spark someone in ~9 months (less if you get a few 10 pulls from Surprise Tickets and such). Might start saving now so I can get Dark Zoey next year ;)

Minotaur

Neo Member
Danua really isn't anything special, and her being a dark-type (one of the two most difficult teams to build for, the other being light) means she'll be difficult for someone just starting out. When many of us re-rolled, we did so during LegFes (as you're doing) and aimed for either one of the LegFes-exclusive summons (Bahamut, Lucifer, Grande Order) or characters (Katalina, Rackam, etc.). I know they've since instituted ways to stop/prevent numerous re-rolling (via IP bans), so I'm not sure how easy it is to re-roll now.

Personally, if Danua was my only/starting SSR, I'd re-roll. As I said, she's not an amazing character and would be difficult to plan a team around. If you do continue re-rolling, and get a LegFes-exclusive character or summon, KEEP IT! Honestly, if I got any of the summer units, such as Zooey, Zeta, Heles, etc., I'd just go ahead with them too, even though Heles/Zeta are light and difficult to find weapon pools for.

Basically, Danua isn't exactly "bad", but if you're re-rolling, I'd aim for something a little more but that's just me. Again, not sure how difficult re-rolling is for new accounts right now, so that might impact your decision. :(

Yup the timed IP ban has slowed down my rerolling so much with the only SSR I got haha.

raven777

I need to get as close to 300 pulls as I can by the end of the year so I can get Andira.

I have about 100 pulls now... I will save up until December and see what I have. Obviously won't reach 300 but I will just make up the rest with money I guess.. :p

Dragner

Other thing...is the begginer pack good value?.Im willing to spend some money if the thing is worth it I see they give you a SSR character from a list for free...I suppose the super broken ones are not included right?.

Chaos17

Is SSR Vira with Lyst Sin good enough for beginner?

SSR Vira is bery good rated :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...H-6CkqA5lTXVFrwnlnomoa-Db0/htmlview?sle=true#

Other thing...is the begginer pack good value?.Im willing to spend some money if the thing is worth it I see they give you a SSR character from a list for free...I suppose the super broken ones are not included right?.
Beginner pack will come back regulary for the 2-3 first months when you begin.
You should wait and see if the game is for you before spending some money.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm not sure if it's changed but that beginner pack (or Start Dash as it was known pre-loc) would be based on when you register?

wilstreak

One of the best dark characters, but as mentioned earlier in the thread: dark is really hard to build because dark weapons drop way less frequently than Fire, water, earth and wind

Thank you. I guess i should start with this account first. As long as she is good enough.

Is there benefit on 10 premium drawing compared to 10 times of single drawing?

Dragner

That's true. Could have all the summer characters, limited story SSR characters and Andira!

Yeah Andira is in my list. Also all the summer characters. Cool. I was thinking on picking Percival since he looks cool but maybe should pick the character that made a japanese man spend 7 grand^^.

How hard is it to get the trophy to get the Order skin?

It looks like a "platinum" trophy, so probably no small feat, but I'm not familiar with D.O. myself so I have no idea
which "stat" of the feature (Number of waves won? Number of times you participated in bringing
down the event boss? General contribution overall?) will be used as a condition to earn the trophy.

Thank you. I guess i should start with this account first. As long as she is good enough.

Well, as it says. You'll get at least one S or better from the 10-pull. It's kind of right there.
aVLU62s.png

Singles you can stop whenever you want but you'll pull R-SSR.

Just do 10s if you intend on blowing rolls. If you're feeling lucky, rip a single so you don't lose the whole batch of gems if you want to get it out of your system.

Chaos17

Page say that you're guarantee minimum SR item.

Edit: beaten

Yeah Andira is in my list. Also all the summer characters. Cool. I was thinking on picking Percival since he looks cool but maybe should pick the character that made a japanese man spend 3 grand^^.
Summer Percival is ranked below is normal version.

I have enough gems for a 10 draw, should I do it now, or wait for the summer characters to go away?
I don't know if 2x rate up will still be sthere they wil change characters, better take your chance, imo, with the rate up.

Dragner

Summer Percival is ranked below is normal version.

Didnt know that. Just supposed it was different outfit and weapon. Was thinking on sticking to the regular one anyway but thx for the advice. Anyway Ill set on my pick after I reroll. If I pick a SSR fire then will go for Percival.

Gizuko

I don't know if 2x rate up will still be sthere they wil change characters, better take your chance, imo, with the rate up.

It will, the first part of this legfest teases you with summer characters you will never get, while the second part teases you with new characters you will ticket.

Still, unless they release some kind of op character, the current summer pool justifies pulling, considering summer characters are limited and some of them aren't bad.

Chaos17

Orderlord.png

In game details about Vermillion event collab.

Didnt know that. Just supposed it was different outfit and weapon. Was thinking on sticking to the regular one anyway but thx for the advice. Anyway Ill set on my pick after I reroll. If I pick a SSR fire then will go for Percival.

Summer version of character, their element can change and slighty their skills too. Some are better some are not, you will have to e carefull if one time you want to choose between version in futur.
BUT, the good side is when you've summer version you can change the skin of regular version, hehe. (you can't put same character twice even if their rank is different in a party)

It will, the first part of this legfest teases you with summer characters you will never get, while the second part teases you with new characters you will ticket.

Still, unless they release some kind of op character, the current summer pool justifies pulling, considering summer characters are limited and some of them aren't bad.

Oh, new characters ? Didn't know that. But yeah I agree with second part.

Victrix

*beard*

Alrighty, I went ahead:

5XULNC.png

Satan, Claimh Solas SSRs, Pavidus, Charlotta, Lecia, Mary for characters.

Good, bad?

Satan boosts earth more than Cybele and her heal was pretty meh, so I guess he's cool just for that alone.

Chaos17

Alrighty, I went ahead:

5XULNC.png

Satan, Claimh Solas SSRs, Pavidus, Charlotta, Lecia, Mary for characters.

Good, bad?

Satan boosts earth more than Cybele and her heal was pretty meh, so I guess he's cool just for that alone.

I think that's a pretty damn pull, just having 2 SSR... I never got that Q_Q

dennism

hope the trophy isnt too hard to get, i dont mind doing D.O but it's always either during my work time, or really late at night when i have to sleep.. hope they can at least double the slots for D.O during the event.

note, you have like 3 weeks to do whatever enough times in defense order to get the costume so hopefully it'll be more play defense order enough times and not actually win the rounds cause then you gotta hope you have whales carrying everyone

Chaos17

Noob question but where do drop the materials for guild war character ? I saw they're all light element but I don't know where I got them, lol

Edit: nevermind, I'm a noob.

chrono01

What daily ticket? You only get one ticket and one set of crystals a week. This 120 crystals and free draw ends sept 5th.

You have to save 90000 crystsls. So in 6 months one needs to be earning 500 crystals daily. I dont see how thats possible .
Sorry, I meant to say "occasional" daily tickets, it seems I missed it. :/

Perhaps my estimate of six months was a bit optimistic, I still plan to go ahead with it though. I'll still get characters from Surprise Ticket picks, so it's not all bad.

Yup the timed IP ban has slowed down my rerolling so much with the only SSR I got haha.
So it's still a thing, huh? Shame. :(

So, huh... *wrings hands*
I'm TRYING to finish Chapter 51...
Not sure how to tackle Pommern... I died before I could verify this properly but it seems his insanely high defense drops
after he unleashes one of his ults? Should I bolster defenses/heal until then and build ougi at the same time, THEN wail on him once
that happens? I'm so mortified, Pommern is supposed to be this sort of lame mid-boss character... I suck :(

Top Bottom